Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daily Grind Cafe

kelly-clarkson.jpg

Name:Sally carter
ring name /nickname:none
Attire:a faded back shirt with faded blue jeans with black sneakers that are getting holes in them.
Tagging:anyone
(friday june 6th 2014)later morning
Sally walked into work saw kat and JA and she smiled to the man and said a quick hello. she went and clocked in saying"hello kat". she then looked at Todd real quick before looking around to see not that many people. She turned to Kat saying "going to clean tables". she took off and went to clean tables.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Name: Katherine Jennings
Ring Name/Nickname: Kat
Attire: White three-quarter sleeve blouse, black skirt, black shoes
Tagging: Anyone; JA, Sally

(Friday June 6, 2014; later morning)

Kat brought the man his croissant wondering if he was going to try and probe her for more information regarding Jasper or their budding relationship. She definitely would have to talk to Jasper later on about how to handle that and the media since she wasn't sure how to deal with that or how he wanted to go about things. She figured that was something they could discuss together and come to a decision upon together as well. In the meantime, she'd stay on the quieter side until she got the chance to talk to him figuring it to be the safer option.

After Kat set the croissant down, she noticed Sally walk in. "Hi," she said softly as the girl clocked in and went straight to work cleaning off empty tables.

(Friday June 6, 2014; Early afternoon)

The rest of the morning and earlier part of the afternoon went by slowly for Kat, but she was happy once her shift neared its end. She knew what she was going to do and that was head on over to the pub to grab some lunch. Plus, she really needed to vent and get some advice. So, once her shift came to its end, she happily left the cafe, and Todd Vance's presence, behind her. Yes, she definitely needed some girl time and Jade was just the friend she needed in that moment.

(Exits to The Good Brew Pub)

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Jade

With a tiny bit of hesitance, Kat walked back to The Daily Grind Cafe. She wasn't looking forward to seeing Todd again, but she was hoping that a bit of a talk with Mike and Jade would hopefully get the point across that she wanted him to leave her alone. Once and for all.

35ap4wi.jpg

Name:Jade Riley
Ring Name/Nickname:Jade Sabre
Attire:Black loose fitting jeans, White Tank Top, Black running shoes
Tagging:Mike(NPC), Anyone

vio47r.jpg

Name:Mike Riley
Short Description: Bartender at The Good Brew Pub, Good friends with most of the wrestlers at Alliance Wrestling Outlaw's League

(Friday June 6, 2014 ,Early Afternoon)

Both Mike and Jade followed Kat into the Daily Grind Cafe, Mike walked right beside Kat as she walked in to try and make her feel more comfortable. When Mike reached the counter he looked around for Todd, "Todd....Todd where are you I want to have a talk with you it's important" ,Mike stated as he continued to look for the man.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Jade, Mike, Todd

29f7amv.jpg

Name: Todd Vance
Short Description: Manager of the Daily Grind Cafe; tries to come off as suave, but is a complete and total sleaze ball, passive-aggressive, arrogant, demanding.
Tagging: Kat, Jade, Mike

Kat was glad that both Mike and Jade were with her. It definitely made things a bit more bearable all things considered and she hoped that Todd would listen. She didn't want things to escalate, that was for sure.

"Yes, what is it?" Todd asked as he came out from the back room. He'd obviously been stewing about something and Kat had a pretty good idea as to what it was over. His eyes were immediately drawn to her and she shivered. "What's this?" he then asked looking at both Mike and Jade obviously wondering why Kat had the two flanking her as they were. "Can I help you, Mike? I assure you I've done nothing wrong so you can take the stern look elsewhere, thank you. But, I'm all ears if it's that important."

35ap4wi.jpg

vio47r.jpg

Short Description: Bartender at The Good Brew Pub, Good friends with most of the wrestlers at Alliance Wrestling Outlaw's League

"Oh but I think you have done something wrong Todd and you know damn well you did" ,Mike began. He had came in with a good attitude planning to be civil with Todd but the man had given him quite the attitude and he didn't like it. "You need to keep your grubby hands off of Kat she is not interested in you and you need to get that through your head" ,Mike stated very sternly. Jade took a hold of Kat's hand and gave it a squeeze to let her know that no matter what happened she wasn't going to leave her side. Jade was a little upset at the fact that Todd gave her father an attitude but let it go for now.

2w3rmzl.jpg

29f7amv.jpg

Short Description: Manager of the Daily Grind Cafe; tries to come off as suave, but is a complete and total sleaze ball, passive-aggressive, arrogant, demanding.

Kat squeezed Jade's hand back. She was so glad she was there. The moral support meant so very much and if not for anything else, the little confrontation would at least let Todd know that she had support and that others knew about his bullshit.

Todd just narrowed his eyes and waved his hand. "Yes, yes. I understand," he said, though the way he looked at Kat let her know he still didn't at all. "I know she's quite taken. Met him this morning," he added as he tried his best to smile. "Good for you, Kat." Looking at Mike he smiled yet again. "So, as you can see, there's no problem here. I think you can take your leave now. I have customers to attend to."

35ap4wi.jpg

vio47r.jpg

"Todd don't bullshit me I mean it keep your damn hands off of her" ,Mike demanded. He could tell by the look on Todd's face that the guy was full of shit and was putting on a show just to get him to leave. Jade's face had an angry expression on it and it was apparent that she was angry, "So Kat how about that tea?" ,Jade asked. "Maybe we can get one for Jasper too" ,Jade stated giving Todd a cocky little smile as she spoke.

2w3rmzl.jpg

29f7amv.jpg

Kat nodded, her face slightly pale. "Yeah. Tea would be good. I think Jasper would like some." She squeezed Jade's hand a little harder.

Todd sighed. "Three teas? Hot, iced, flavored?" he asked. Whiled waiting for a response on the teas, he looked over at Mike. "Honestly, Mike, such language in front of the clientele. This is a cafe, not a rowdy pub. Please, we can be civil. We're both adults here. Besides, as I told you. I get it, she's quite taken." Looking back at Kat and Jade, he asked, "So the teas?"

35ap4wi.jpg

vio47r.jpg

"Iced, I want a raspberry one and I think Kat can order for her and her BOYFRIEND" ,Jade stated in response. She was pissed at the subtle way Todd had insulted her father's business and him. Mike gritted his teeth after Todd had responded to him, "What are you getting at boy? You saying your place of business is better then mine? That I'm not civil? I'm just a rowdy old pub owner huh?" Mike barraged the man with questions then lowered his voice. "If you put your hands on her again then I'm gonna show you rowdy understand? From what I heard you had your hands on her today and I'm pretty sure Jasper was there before you could even get the chance to touch her so you had to have copped a feel after he left, don't lie to me I can read you like an open book" ,he stated in almost a whisper.

2w3rmzl.jpg

29f7amv.jpg

Kat swallowed hard. "An iced peach tea for me and an iced raspberry tea for Jasper, please," she said, her voice a bit on the softer side as she placed the order. She then bit down on her lip as she began to fumble for her money to pay for the beverages.

Todd looked at Mike and raised his hands as if in surrender. "Mike, please. No need to shout. No need," he said trying to keep his voice down and give an air of calm. "As I said, we're both civil adults so why you'd think I was alluding otherwise..." his voice trailed slightly. "And I might have accidentally brushed against Kat. And I do apologize if it came off poorly." He looked at Kat, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "I assure you, I meant nothing by it."

Kat knew that Todd was seething on the inside. She could feel his anger emanating off of him in waves. But she knew he wouldn't do or say anything. Not with both Mike and Jade there and most certainly not with customers in the vicinity. It wouldn't help his business, that was for sure.

"I also will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again," Todd added. "I apologize, Kat, if I did anything to accidentally upset you." He looked at Mike. "See there. I'm a reasonable man."

35ap4wi.jpg

vio47r.jpg

Mike just sighed then shook his head, "I'll be watching you pal" ,he stated in a low growl. He then looked to Jade and Kat, "I'll see you two later I have to go tend to my business for now remember drinks on the house tonight" ,Mike stated with a smile before walking out the door. Jade knew that Todd was lying through his teeth and that her father left not only because he did have business to attend to but he also knew he was getting no where with Todd and figured he would have to just catch him in the act or that he would do something while he was gone and Jade was there.

2w3rmzl.jpg

29f7amv.jpg

Todd just smiled. "If it makes you feel better, Mike," he said. "Though I did apologize." At that he turned to go get the teas for Kat and Jade. Once back he handed them to the women. "Here you go. Two ice raspberry teas and one iced peach tea." As he watched Kat fumbling for her money, he smiled at her. "No need to pay. On me," he stated. "Consider it part of my apology."

35ap4wi.jpg

Jade couldn't believe how full of shit this guy was and how much of a coward, when he told Kat it was on the house Jade gave him a fake smile then took Kat's hand. "Thanks Todd, Let's go Kat Jasper is probably waiting to see you I'm sure he misses you terribly" ,Jade stated as she made her way towards the door.

(Exit to School Of Hard Knocks)

2w3rmzl.jpg

29f7amv.jpg

Kat nodded and took the teas for herself and Jasper. "Thanks," she mumbled. Looking over at Jade, she nodded yet again. "Yeah. Goodness knows I miss him. Lets go." At that, she followed Jade to the door and left.

(Kat exits to Sunny Hill Gym/Hard Knocks Wrestling School)

rk09iw.jpg

Name: Julius Anthony Chen
Ring Name/Nickname: J.A.
Attire: Leather Jacker, Anthax Logo Shirt, Distressed pants, Lacoste Shoes, Rayban glasses.
Tagging: Kat, Anyone

"That was good." J.A. said as he finished his croissant. "Thank you for your time. Don't worry about me. Of course, I know Jasper personally, I would talk to him about this. All I'm saying, just be careful. I'm just a concerned citizen. That's all."

J.A. cleaned his desk before nodding to Kat. "May I at least know your name?" He then cleared his throat. "People call me J.A. and I run a wrestling website. I basically give A.W.O.L it's fans. Anyway, please consider me as a friend. I will admit that I'm a reporter of some sorts but what you've said will remain with me. It's what Jasper would say that I'm really after. After I tell him all about you anyways."

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; JA, Sally

Kat nodded at the man as he spoke and explained himself and his motives a little bit. When he mentioned his name, she knew she'd have to bring that bit up with Jasper later on as well. "Well, I appreciate your honesty," she said, giving him a smile. "And so long as we're 'off the record', my name is Kat."

Name:Sally carter
ring name /nickname:none
Attire:a faded back shirt with faded blue jeans with black sneakers that are getting holes in them.
Tagging:anyone
Sally had been cleaning a near by table and heard all that was said. she hated her boss and clenched her fists and thought "what a scub bag". she then moved on to a near by table and smiled it seemed Kat and JA was getting along she was happy about that the man maybe part of the media but he was a nice man after all he was finding her a better job. she smiled but cleaned the table thinking about all that she had heard maybe she should talk to JA about that job after all Todd was not the type of person she wanted to work under.

2cntjz4.jpg

Name: Murrin Owens
Ring Name/Nickname:
Attire: Dark blue skinny jeans, pink short-sleeve knit top, wedged espadrilles.
Tagging: Anyone; Joseph

(Friday June 6, 2014; Later afternoon)

Murrin led the way to the Daily Grind. "They have pretty good food and drinks here," she said. "My co-workers pick things up from time to time and bring it in. We have a pool of money we all chip into weekly that goes toward it." She blushed a bit as she told Joseph a bit about the more mundane things she did at her work. When they walked inside, Murrin tripped over the entry way and nearly fell. She heard one of the patrons laugh. A man. She looked up and wanted to cry, to hide and just disappear. She was mortified and worried that everyone was staring at her, that everyone was judging her.

244nvo5.jpg

Name:Joseph Ryder Donovan
Ring Name/Nickname:"Destructive" J.R Donovan
Attire:Jeans, White Sleeveless Shirt, Work Boots
Tagging:Murrin, Anyone

(Friday June 6, 2014; Afternoon)

Joseph listened as Murrin told him about the food at the cafe and how her co-workers pick things up from time to time. When she tripped and nearly fell Joseph caught her and looked into her eyes, "I still got ya don't worry" ,he stated after hearing the man laugh. Joseph turned his head toward the man and gave him a look to make him shut up, "Come on let's go sit down" ,he stated as he gave her a pat on the back. He led her over to a table and pulled a chair out for her to sit in, "Don't think on that guy over there he's an asshole" ,Joseph stated in reference to the guy that had laughed at her.

2cntjz4.jpg

Ring Name/Nickname:

Murrin could feel her eyes pricking with tears as the sound of the laughter filled her ears. Suddenly, she heard Joseph's voice and felt his hands as he caught her. Looking into his eyes, she nodded at him and tried her best to smile. She noticed him give a look to the man who'd laughed at her, a definite first for anyone to do save Mark. As she watched their onlooker go silent, she bit down on her lip and took her seat as Joseph guided her down into it, giving her back a pat as he did so. Her heart began to race a little and she gave Joseph a smile. "Thanks," she said. "I'll try not to think on it." She blushed a bit more. "I'd rather talk to you," she admitted shyly. "Y-you're very different from most people I've come across." She paused and tucked some of her blonde hair behind an ear. "And that's a good thing," she added, her voice going very soft.

244nvo5.jpg

"Oh no need to thank me I like you and if people want to be jerks I have no problem saying something to them" ,Joseph told her. He smiled when she admitted that she'd rather talk to him, "Well I'd rather you talk to me too Murrin you don't need to think on jerks like that it'll only bring you down and I want to see you smile while we hang out" ,Joseph told her. "So what are you having? I'll pick up the bill after it's the least I can do for all your kindness to me today it really helped seeing I'm the new guy in town".

2cntjz4.jpg

Ring Name/Nickname:

Murrin smiled and giggled softly. Joseph was so very sweet and she appreciated everything he was saying and doing to make her feel better. Looking at him and blushing, she showed him the beverage menu. "You can look at this if you'd like. But I'm going to get a pomegranate ice tea," she said. "It's delicious. And... thank you... you don't have to pay for me... I..." she stammered.

244nvo5.jpg

"Oh nonsense you've been really good to me today with showing me around and stuff now it's my turn to be good to you" ,Joseph stated in response to Murrin. He looked over the menu and finally decided on what he wanted, "I think I'll have the blueberry iced coffee with a blueberry muffin, I like blueberries can't ya tell" ,he stated jokingly. He had a smile on his face as he spoke to Murrin letting her know he enjoyed her company very much.

2cntjz4.jpg

Ring Name/Nickname:

Murrin smiled, her cheeks growing warmer as she did so. "Well, thank you..." she said, her voice trailing a little. "And blueberries are yummy." She giggled a little as she glance up into Joseph's eyes. "So nothing wrong with liking them. "They're also good for you." She giggled a bit more. She liked that Joseph was smiling at her, it made her feel good, like she was worth talking to and getting to know. Never had she felt like that with anyone, yet she was with Joseph. It was definitely scary. She was afraid that something would happen to make it fade away or stop, but she knew that was just her fear trying to take its hold, trying to consume and take over. Just then one of the waitresses came over so they could place their order.

Back
Top Bottom