Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daily Grind Cafe

rk09iw.jpg

Name: Julius Anthony Chen
Ring Name/Nickname: J.A.
Attire: Black coat, Slayer Logo Shirt, Distressed pants, Diesel Shoes, Rayban glasses.
Tagging: Cassie

(on the phone)

"Hello...? J.A. here. May I know who's calling?" Said by a man with a very thick New York accent.

wgp4y8.jpg

Name: Cassandra Price
Ring Name/Nickname: Cassie
Attire: Pink cami tank, beige capris, wedged espadrilles.
Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin; talking on phone to JA

Cassie's eyes went wide and she made a gesture to both Taka and Kevin to hold on a moment.

"Hello, yes. My name is Cassandra Price. I saw your ad on the internet about needing someone who loves to both read and write. By any chance are you still hiring? And if so, would it be possible for me to make an appointment to meet with you so that we could discuss things in regards to the position, what it would entail and if I'd be a good fit for it?"

Cassie's face was very red as she spoke into her phone and in some ways she was glad that her first conversation, since she hoped she'd get the chance at another, wasn't in person.

rk09iw.jpg

Attire: Black coat, Slayer Logo Shirt, Distressed pants, Diesel Shoes, Rayban glasses.

(On the Phone)

"Yes. I am still hiring. The job is really simple, if you have all the tools and skills, you can even work at home. All you have to do is.." He got cut off. A female voice can be heard. "Sorry about that. Anyway." He paused again, sounds of rustling paper can be heard this time. "Actually, I clearly posted that I want someone who has the patience to work for long hours right? How about this, you want an appointment? How about an appointment tonight, at the Daily Grand Cafe? You show up, you prove to me that you live around here, you're hired. Deal? I'll be there in 5 mins." He paused. "I'll give you cash advance too for working this late at night, if ever."

wgp4y8.jpg

(Thurs June 5, 2014; night)

Cassie's eyes went wide. She could hardly believe it. Had she actually been offered the job without even a meeting? She was speechless. She looked at Taka and Kevin and smiled, her hand going up to her mouth to cover up her smile. When she brought her hand down, she nodded despite the fact that she couldn't be seen.

"Yes, of course. Actually, I'm already at the Daily Grind. So meeting there shouldn't be a problem and I do indeed live here. I live at Sunny Hill Apartment Complex. I'd be happy to show you a copy of my lease after our meeting here since it's at my apartment."

Cassie's smile grew and she had all she could do not to shout out.

"I'll see you soon. Thank you, Mr. Chen."

rk09iw.jpg

35kv1wx.jpg

Name: Manabu Takamura
Ring Name/Nickname: Takamura, Taka
Attire: White sweatshirt with the Team Japan logo, jeans, oldschool converse all-stars
Tagging: Kevin, Cassie, Anyone.

(on the phone)
"Perfect! By the way, do you see two, wrestler looking men there? One Japanese another probably someone who looks like he's from Jersey Shore? If you do, at all cost, don't let them get out of that place. If you can do that, I'll give you a bigger advance. See ya around there Cassandra." A sound of a revving engine then the line gets cut.

After the call, a happy Taka looked at Cassie. "From the looks of it, they like you right? And are they nearby? You said about this cafe. I can't believe that their office is still open this late at night."

wgp4y8.jpg

Cassie stared at her phone when the call suddenly ended. "Oh my," she said softly. She looked up at both Taka and Kevin. "I... I think I just got a job." Blinking rapidly, she smiled and covered her mouth with her one hand. "But I think he wants to interview you both. I hope that's all right." She looked at her friends apologetically, hoping that they wouldn't mind. "He's already on his way here to meet me and he said he wants to interview two wrestlers that he knew to be here. I'm assuming he means the two of you since you're the only wrestlers here." She bit down on her lip sheepishly, her cheeks turning pink. "I really hope that's all right. Maybe it'll help build up your publicity?"

j9vp74.jpg

Name:Kevin Shaw
Ring Name/Nickname:"The Sensation" Kevin Shaw
Attire:Blue Jeans, Tight white T-Shirt, White sneakers, Gold chain necklace, Pink and white sunglasses
Tagging:Taka, Cassie, Anyone

When Cassie mentioned that she had gotten the job Kevin looked at her and opened his arms, "Hey that's great" ,he stated then placed his arms on the table and smiled. "It looks like everything is working out good for us all" ,he gave Taka a friendly pat on the shoulder then smiled. "As for an interview I'm more then willing to do an interview it'll help get my name out a bit more seeing as I'm new to the professional scene I mean people know me from the indies but I have never been on television so A.W.O.L is a really big step for me and I need all the hype I can get" ,Kevin stated. He then looked to Taka, "What do you think bro? Wanna do the interview"?

rk09iw.jpg

Tagging: Cassie, Kevin, Taka, Anyone

35kv1wx.jpg

Attire: White sweatshirt with the Team Japan logo, jeans, oldschool converse all-stars

Taka then looked at his phone then back to Cassie. "Oh! It's the one who is giving me publicity here in America! He did a good job! I am reading a lot of fan post and they say I look cool! Same with Kevin here!" Taka then started to act out shaking hands, standing straight, taking in a composed manner. "I gotta leave good impression you know? Oh my, I should have brought along with me my coat and tie. He might take pictures." He was talking too fast and has to relax. He took a deep breath then sighed. "Anyway, the important thing is we all have a chance to thank him personally. Me, Kevin and you for giving us better future not only in Sunny Hill but A.W.O.L too. C'mon Kevin, let's do this! Let's give good impression! Something that fans would look forward too." He gave Kevin a thumbs up.

After a few moments, the door at the cafe swung open. An asian man with a cigarette stepped in. He looked at the clerk. "Oh, ACs on? No smoking right? My bad." He puffed one last time before giving the clerk the still lighted cigarette. "Just throw it in a wet cup or whatever." The accent alone is enough to give Cassie certainty that this man is her new boss.

He walk towards the group of people, with his glasses pulled up, he introduced himself. "I am Julius Anthony Chen, people call me J.A. and you'll remember my name forever because I'll make you guys famous!" He gave them a warm welcome. "Ah! Manabu The Japanese Champion Takamura!!" He said,giving him a bow afterwards. He was surprised that Taka offered him a handshake after this. "Getting westernized huh?" He said, patting Taka's shoulder. Now, moving towards Kevin, he stood in front of him with open arms. "Whats up ma homie? Whats up whats up!? Hows Nu Joysey? Welcum to Suhnne Hill bro!" He said, laughing proudly, patting the wrestler on the shoulder after giving him a "bro-hug"

He turned his attention towards the only girl inside the Cafe. "It seems that you did your assignment correctly miss Cassandra?" He extended his hand. "Yep, it's me, J.A. Pleased to finally meet you in person my new assisstant."

j9vp74.jpg

Attire:Blue Jeans, Tight white T-Shirt, White sneakers, Gold chain necklace, Pink and white sunglasses

Kevin smiled when Taka gave him the thumbs up, he knew the man wanted to make a good impression with this interview and that was something he liked. He gave the man a thumbs up back then ordered another tea before the man that was doing the interview came in. When he introduced himself Kevin knew he'd like the guy, "Jersey's good bro thanks for the welcome hopefully I can do some great things in this place" ,Kevin stated in response to the man.

wgp4y8.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin, JA

Cassie smiled and nodded, extending her hand to her new boss. "Hi, yes," she began. "I'm Cassandra Price. Please, call me Cassie," she said with a slight blush. "Everyone calls me that." She was glad to see that both Taka and Kevin were enthused and that her new boss, JA Chen, seemed pleased that she'd 'done her job'. She'd hoped that meant she'd made a good first impression and gotten off to a good start.

rk09iw.jpg

35kv1wx.jpg

"Now, let's get down to business shall we? But first, excuse me gentlemen, I'll just brief my new assistant." He turned towards Cassie, pulling out his cellphone. "I assumed that you already know what kind of website I am running. If you aint browsing it, you won't see my ad. That beast of a website, I've been doing it alone. Prowling the streets, talking to people, going home, working till I pass out, you name it, I've done it. The thing is, so much is happening nowadays because A.W.O.L is getting really popular, because of me of course. I need your help to keep up with the demands of the public! You've just made the best career move in your life my dear Cassie." He cleared his throat. "We'll just talk about the technical side of things tomorrow, or even later if you're not sleepy. I have the hunch that you'll be needing my help on that but that's ok, you're more than welcome to stay in my humble abode." He pulled out his cellphone. "Now my assistant, here is my phone, take videos of us, take pictures, different angles, different sides. Just be sure to not turn off the recorder that is running on the background. I've given up taking notes using pen and paper."

He then turned his attention back to the two wrestlers. J.A. asked them about their aspirations, motivations, and what are the factors that made them decide to move to Sunny Hill and become A.W.O.L wrestlers. J.A. asked them what are their reactions to the favorable response of the fans when he posted the hype article about them. J.A. would glance every now and then at Cassie, checking on how his protege is doing.

J.A. conducted the interview in a very casual yet refined manner. It's hard to imagine that the man is not wearing a business suit.

With one final request, J.A. asked Taka and Kevin to give a message to their fans. This time, he told Cassie to video them separately. Taka, as usual gave his best speech. J.A. even asked Taka to speak in Japanese for the benefit of the non-English speaking Japanese fans. As for Kevin, he requested him to wear his trademark sunglasses and say some of his famous lines.

After everything was said and done, he walked towards Cassie. He draped his arm across her shoulder, praising her for a job well done.

"Now, I know you're still busy with your new friends but I think it's best if we talk more about your career tonight. Is that ok? Cassie?"

wgp4y8.jpg

Everything was a blur, but Cassie did her best to follow JA's instructions to the letter. She only hoped she didn't come off as too much of a bumbling idiot. She knew she was smart and a quick learner, but she hadn't expected things to turn out quite as they had. Though she had to admit, she was glad they did and that she was being given a chance at the very least. She smiled as she watched her friends, Taka and Kevin, give their interviews. It was funny how she'd only known them for a few short hours, yet she already felt a sense of pride for them both and hoped that their careers boomed even more after all of this.

When everything was done and JA approached her, Cassie swallowed hard and found herself hoping that she'd done well and still had the job. She began to breathe easier when her new boss placed his arm about her and began to compliment her on a job well done. Again, she felt her cheeks grow warm. It wasn't often like she felt she could do anything useful to anyone, but it certainly was something she could get used to.

"Thank you, Mr. Chen," Cassie said, her lips turned up in a smile. Giving JA a nod, she added, "Yes, I agree that it would be good to discuss my career. I know my friends would understand and encourage that." She glanced over at both Taka and Kevin, giving them both a look of excitement that her life had probably taken a turn for the better. Finally.

rk09iw.jpg

35kv1wx.jpg

"I guess it's time to say goodnight to these fine young men my dearest assistant. We still have some work to do. Well, not a lot so you won't need to order another espresso here." He was definitely pleased with Cassie. Sure, he can tell that it's her first time to do this but her persistence to learn in such a small amount of time is something that reminded J.A. of his younger self.

"I assume you've heard the news about the brawl at the grocery store? Right? If yes, you'll probably be home in about an hour. If not, you'll have to watch me work tonight. Ok? Don't worry, I do try to sleep at around 2:00am. Well, that depends on the scoop."

J.A. straighthened up and faced everyone. "Without further adieu, me and my assistants would leave and leave you two peaceful." Taka was clapping. He gave Cassie a thumbs up for a job well done. Finally, she's on a path to success.

J.A. faced Cassie, nodded at her and said "Shall we?" He opened the door and gestured for her to go out.

"Oh no! Our groceries!!!!!" A panicked Taka remembered. "Wait!!" He looked at Kevin and gestured for him to stand.

"Sorry J.A. I don't want to disturb but we just need to get our groceries at Cassie's house. Please?"

wgp4y8.jpg

Cassie blushed. "Oh gosh, that's right," she said as she covered her face in embarrassment. "I, well, we can stop at my place quick. It'll allow me to prove to you I live here at the very least. I live in Sunny Hill Apartment Complex so it isn't very far at all." She bit down on her bottom lip, feeling so silly. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Chen. Would it be all right to stop there? If not, I can come up with another solution," she said.

j9vp74.jpg

Kevin was happy for Cassie and the fact that she had a great opportunity laid out for her and he was happy that both he and Taka were getting noticed. After the interviews were done Kevin listened as everyone talked he stayed pretty quiet for the most part and when J.A and Cassie began to leave Taka mentioned their groceries and Kevin stood with him. "Yeah that's right I completely forgot with all the excitement" ,Kevin stated with a smile.

rk09iw.jpg

35kv1wx.jpg

J.A. gave her a pat on the shoulder. "If you're going there, I might as well just go with you. My office is actually over there too. So gentlemen, shall we?" He opened the door for everyone. He looked towards Cassie, giving her another motivation before they leave the cafe. "Again, good job."

"Good idea J.A. let's all go to the Apartment Complex!" Said Taka, now heading for the door. "It will be very quick. We just grab our grocery and Cassie can go to your office." He turned to Kevin. "Let's go!"

(J.A. and Taka Exits to Sunny Hill Apartment Complex)

j9vp74.jpg

"Alright let's go guys" ,Kevin stated in agreement. He made his way outside and got in his car then made his way over to the apartment complex.

(Exit to Sunny Hill Apartment complex)

wgp4y8.jpg

Cassie smiled, instantly feeling much better. "Oh, wonderful..." she said. Looking over at Kevin and Taka, she grinned and bit down on her lip, letting them both know she was excited at this prospect. "Then, let's head on over there together." She glanced at JA and smiled at him. "This is great that your office is close to me then." She giggled softly. "And they'll be fast, I promise."

(Exits to Sunny Hill Apartment Complex)

2w3rmzl.jpg

Name: Katherine Jennings
Ring Name/Nickname: Kat
Attire: White three-quarter sleeve blouse, black skirt, black shoes
Tagging: Anyone

(Friday June 6, 2014; early morning)

Kat slowly approached The Daily Grind knowing she was arriving a bit early for her shift, but also knowing that she'd be meeting Jasper there. She only hoped that Jasper would already be there or that she wouldn't have to wait long because, per usual, her boss always seemed to make sure to be around whenever it was her shift. She found it oddly funny that he made it a special point to be there when she was and not so much for anyone else and she was pretty sure that wasn't just a coincidence. And given what had happened the day before, her feelings in that regard were becoming nearly solidified.

"Early, Kat?" came that voice... Todd Vance. Kat felt a shiver run down her spine as she watched the man slither his way across the cafe to where she was as she entered. Her eyes scanned the place quickly and she noticed that Jasper wasn't there yet and the amount of clientele was sparse to say the least.

"I'm meeting someone, Todd," Kat said as her eyes looked to the floor.

"Are we now? You know how I feel about having friends visit while working, Kat." Todd moved closer to Kat, the way he moved forcing her to have to walk toward the back of the cafe where no one could really see anything.

"I know Todd, that's why I'm here early," Kat said.

"Ah, of course." Todd smiled at Kat and moved closer still until she was backed up against the wall. "I have a feeling I won't approve of this friend," he then added, his eyes looking at her in a way that clearly made her uncomfortable. "And you know I'm only looking out for you, right?" His hand then reached out and touched her cheek.

"Thanks, Todd. But I think I'll be fine." Kat ducked out under Todd's arm so that she could get away from him. She didn't like how close he was getting as it reminded her of the day before and how he brushed up against her and copped a feel. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to take a seat now."

261n1py.jpg

Name:Jasper Donovan
Ring Name/Nickname:"The Technical Showman" Fearless
Attire:Blue Jeans, Black button up dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, Black biker boots, Dog Tags
Tagging:Kat

Jasper opened the door to the cafe and walked in he was sure Kat was most likely already there so he looked around for her. When he finally spotted her he sat down at the table, "Good morning" ,he stated with a smile. "So how was your night last night? I sure missed you I know sounds cheesy right?" ,Jasper stated with a small laugh. He had no idea about what had just happened with Kat and her boss.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Jasper

Kat let out a tiny sigh of relief the moment she saw Jasper walk in. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Todd's eyes narrow and she felt another chill run down her spine. "Hi," she said giving Jasper a warm smile. "And no, doesn't sound cheesy to me. Maybe I like cheesy." She giggled softly. "And I missed you too."

Just then, Todd walked over and looked down at the two. "Hello," he said. "I'm not interrupting, am I? Of course I'm not. I'm sure you'll be wanting to order something and not just sitting around idly chatting." He then leaned over Kat's shoulder as he handed her a menu and then one to Jasper. Placing a hand on Kat's shoulder, he opened her menu for her. "I take it you'll want your usual, Kat?" he asked, giving her a smile that made her wince.

"Todd, please," Kat said. "Give us a moment?"

Todd just eyed Jasper. Giving Kat's shoulder a squeeze that was far more intimate a touch than she wanted, she pulled away. Looking down at her, he just smiled. "Of course," he said and then walked away.

Kat was mortified, her cheeks going pale rather than red. "The teas are really rather good, Jasper. I like the citrus infused green tea. I think I'll get that."

261n1py.jpg

Attire:Blue Jeans, Black button up dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, Black biker boots, Dog Tags

Jasper smiled when Kat said that she might like cheesy, "Well that's good cuz' I can get pretty cheesy" ,he said jokingly in response. He smiled again when she said she missed him too, "Well what do you say I take you somewhere after you get out of work today? We can go anywhere you want and just hang out the two of us".

When Kat's boss walked over and began talking Jasper gave him a look that said he didn't really like his attitude and when he touched Kat the way he did Jasper's fist clenched almost involuntarily. By the way Kat was reacting to the man Jasper knew she didn't like what he was doing at all. When the man finally walked away and eyed Jasper the big guy did all he could not to say something to the jerk. It was apparent that Kat's boss had aggravated Jasper and he wanted to knock the creep into next week.

Jasper's thoughts were broken when he looked over at Kat and seen that her face went pale and when she mentioned the tea he smiled, "I'll take your word for it" ,he stated as he stood up and moved his chair so it was directly next to hers. Jasper then placed his arm around her shoulders in a protective way then glared at her boss letting him know he better keep his distance. "That guy fuck with you at all? Don't be afraid to say something to me or Jade's father who works right across the street one of us will take care of it hun don't let him touch you like that I can see it bothers you" ,Jasper whispered so that only Kat could hear him.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat nodded and leaned into Jasper as he placed his arm around her. She tried her best to ignore Todd and the look he was giving them. There was no way the creep could stand up to Jasper, she knew that full well. He was a sniveling coward and he'd be crushed in two if he tried, which was exactly why he wouldn't. "I'll make sure to tell you," she said. "Or Jade." Her look assured the promise and she nuzzled him a little to assure him even more. Pulling away just a bit, she smiled at him. "I promise. And the teas really are good." She touched his arm, caressing it gently. "And I'd love to go somewhere after I get out of work. Anything in mind?" she asked. And still in the corner of her eye she could see Todd eyeing them both, almost seething as he watched them.

261n1py.jpg

"Good I don't like the way he acts around you sorry if that seems a bit like I'm being possessive or anything because I'm not I can just tell he's a creep towards you" ,Jasper stated. When Kat told him the teas were really good he smiled, "Then I'll have to try one any recommendations?" ,he asked. Jasper didn't want to leave Kat now that he seen what the woman dealt with during the day while she was trying to make money to pay her bills but he also knew Diesel would kill him if he didn't show up to training. Jasper thought for a moment when Kat asked if he had anything in mind on where they could go, "Hm maybe we can go to the Late Night Diner and get something for dinner then it's all up to you what we do after" ,Jasper stated. He took her hand in his and smiled as caressed it gently.

2w3rmzl.jpg

"He just has a crush. He'll get over it eventually," Kat said looking up into Jasper's eyes. "He has no choice now, I hope," she added with a smile, her cheeks finally turning a bit pink as she blushed. "And I'm going to get the citrus infused green tea. It's delicious, so yummy with some honey." She giggled softly and nuzzled against him a bit more. "And the diner sounds perfect to me. I'm game for that. We can play it by ear as to what we do after that. Where would you like to meet up?" she asked.

Just then, Todd walked over and smiled. "So, we ready to order now?" he asked them both. He made sure to keep a slight distance this time, but his eyes still drifted to Kat as he stood there ready to take their order.

Back
Top Bottom