Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RJ's and BlackJack's House

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
20zwqa9.jpg

RJ'S AND BLACKJACK'S HOUSE

104p0uq.jpg

Name:Robert James Plissken
Nickname:RJ, Plissken
Attire:Camo Pants, Black Tank Top, Combat Boots
Tagging:BlackJack

2gu9ugk.jpg

Name:Jack Ryan
Nickname:Blackjack
Attire:Camo Pants, Black sleeveless T-Shirt, Combat Boots
Tagging:RJ

The two men sat in the dimly lit room at a small table it was the only quiet place they knew in the hell hole called Miami. Blackjack had been put in there when he was twenty years old, he met RJ almost immediately while walking on one of the beaches. When Blackjack came across him he was covered in blood and dirt and was sitting on the sand looking out into the water with tears in his eyes. When Blackjack first approached the boy he got sand thrown in his face and RJ took off running. Blackjack ran after the boy and followed him all the way to an old abandoned house that was hidden behind trees and piles of garbage.

When Blackjack entered the house he was ambushed by RJ, the boy jumped onto his back and began to choke him. Blackjack grabbed the back of the boy's head and flipped him over his body then knelt to restrain him.

"GET OFF ME"! ,RJ yelled. "WHAT DO YOU WANT"?

"Calm down kid I'm not gonna hurt ya" ,Blackjack stated as calmly as he could. "I may be a prisoner but I'm not a bad guy ok relax".

After a few minutes of struggle and a lot of convincing RJ had calmed down and sat still, the boy looked up at the man who had followed him into his house. "Who are you and how'd you get in here"? RJ asked in a quiet tone.

"I'm Jack Ryan and I'm here because I liked to play cards for money and drive cars really fast" ,Blackjack said in response.

"So you liked to gamble huh? What was your favorite card game"? RJ asked curiously.

"Blackjack, it's easy to play and made me a lot of money" ,Blackjack told him.

"So your name's Jack and your favorite card game is Blackjack" ,RJ smiled and laughed a little. "I know....I'm gonna call you Blackjack from now on I think it fits and since you've found my hideout I can't let you out of my sight, you might tell the crazies where I am and they'll take me away".

Blackjack laughed at the boy's comment about his name, "That's fine with me kid" ,he told him. When the boy mentioned the crazies Blackjack gave him a look, "Crazies huh? What do they want with you you're just a kid? By the way why are you here"?

"I was born here, my mother was put here while she was pregnant with me she told me it was because the police thought she was protecting my father who was wanted at the time so they put her in here" ,RJ sighed. "But she's dead now and I'm all alone the crazies killed her....they did it right in front of me, I ran to the beach to hide in the lifeguard tower until they left me alone".

"I'm sorry to hear that kid, listen I'll stay with ya if you want me too, I don't have anywhere to go and this place seems pretty safe for the most part and you could probably use the help" ,Blackjack offered.

From that day on Blackjack never left the boy's side, they hunted together looked for necessities and other things they could use. When RJ grew up enough the two left the safety of the house more often, Blackjack taught him how to fight and shoot a gun, even how to fight with a knife in his hand. They stuck together through everything for ten years and now there they sat in the same house they introduced themselves to each other in, the boy now a young man and the man ten years older.

Blackjack knew of RJ's history and who his father was but he never looked at the man any different like most people probably would, RJ was the only family Blackjack had and he would die for the man and he knew RJ felt the same.

"I win again" ,Blackjack stated with a grin.

"Well that's no surprise, we've been playing this game for ten years and I still haven't beaten you once" ,RJ replied throwing his cards to the table.

Blackjack lit a cigarette and stood up, it wasn't a real cigarette it was made of tobacco and rolling papers but it was something considering he had come in there with only a pack. The man learned to grow his own tobacco and make his own cigarettes over the years. Blackjack grabbed his belt and put it on, he checked his pistol to see if it was loaded before putting it back into his holster. He then picked up his shotgun and put it over his shoulder.

"Where are you going"? RJ asked looking at the man confused.

"I'm going to go fishing I'm hungry and we're out of food and it's too dark to get any fruit from the trees outside so I'm going fishing" ,Blackjack told him in response.

"Alright whatever you say man just be careful and make sure no one follows you back" ,RJ told him before leaning back in his chair.

Blackjack grabbed his net on the way out of the house, his shotgun pointed out in front of him as he walked.

(Exit to North Bay Village)

2gu9ugk.jpg

Tagging:RJ

104p0uq.jpg

Tagging:BlackJack

RJ sat on a couch that sat in front of the house outside waiting for Blackjack to get back, he heard footsteps in the distance and stood up pointing his gun in front of him. Even though it was probably only Blackjack he still didn't want to get careless, he stepped toward the direction he heard the footsteps coming from slowly.

Blackjack followed the path up towards the house he stopped when he knew he was almost there, "RJ put the gun down it's me" ,he shouted. He then began to walk the rest of the way up the path.

RJ lowered his gun and sat back down on the couch as he waited for his friend to get all the way up the path. He looked up when he heard Blackjack walking toward him, his eyes immediately went to the two women that seemed to have followed Blackjack there. RJ gripped his gun out of instinct. Blackjack put his hand up to stop RJ from fully pulling the gun from the holster.

"Easy they're with me" ,Blackjack stated.

RJ gave him a look of surprise then anger, he was shocked that Blackjack even brought anyone with him he shouldn't have no matter how innocent they looked nobody could be trusted in this place not even two timid looking women.

"You know the rules Jack" ,RJ stated angrily. "No one comes in here but us, what if they go and give the info out about where we are huh? Then we're fucked and it's your fault".

"Easy Plissken they're harmless" ,Blackjack said in response.

"My name's RJ" ,he snapped back.

"Alright, alright don't freak out I'm sorry I called you that now hear me out" ,Blackjack began. "These two are new here I mean just dropped off new, if I hadn't found them they'd be in some serious shit and I couldn't let that happen".

"Yeah so we've ran into plenty of people who were in trouble, we shoot the bad guys and leave we don't bring anyone back here" ,RJ was now standing and pacing back and forth. He thought for a few moments then looked at the two women. "You guys can stay but there's rules that need to be followed, first no one and I mean no one can know about this place no matter what, you leave you make damn sure no one follows you when you come back, also one of us goes with you whenever you leave, we catch or harvest our own food and everyone does their part, and lastly you two have to share a bed unless one of you wants the couch, the one inside I mean" ,he told them before making his way back to the couch and sitting down. "Blackjack did you get food while you were out".

Blackjack fell silent for a moment and gave RJ a look, "About that....erm....I'll go get it now it'll only take a little bit, get that fire lit before I get back alright, anyone wanna join me"? He stated as he already began his way back down the path. RJ shook his head before getting up to throw some wood into the makeshift pit they made in their front yard. He looked up at the two women, "So what are you in for"?

2w1td7d.jpg

Name: Tessa Crawford
Nickname: Tess
Attire: Pink shortsleeve top, bottle green cargo capris, wedged espadrilles.
Tagging: Veronica, Blackjack, RJ

vn2x77.jpg

Name: Veronica Harris
Nickname: Ronni
Attire: White cami tank, dark blue skinny jeans, black boots.
Tagging: Tessa, Blackjack, RJ

Tessa and Ronni looked back and forth at Jack and RJ as they argued about their being there. Both felt a bit uneasy and both definitely felt like they'd invaded on someone's privacy when they shouldn't have. Even still, Tessa knew she'd made the right choice in following Jack, but Ronni still wasn't so sure.

Yes, Ronni knew the two men could probably protect them, but the man they'd just met... RJ. He seemed just as paranoid as she felt. It made her wonder why that was. There obviously had to be a reason. After all, both she and Tessa were unarmed and harmless. Even if captured, there was no way either of them could give away their location even if tortured to tell since they didn't know their way around. Yet despite that, he didn't trust them. Not either of them.

Tessa suddenly nodded, "I agree to your rules," she said. "Fair enough." She looked over at Ronni who still looked frightened and as if she needed to sleep for a week to catch up on rest. "How about I go with Jack and help him. That way I can start earning our way here and get a look around a bit." She gave Ronni a hug. "You need rest. Get some sleep."

Ronni nodded as she hugged Tessa back. "All right, I'll try," she said. "Don't be gone long. Please." Her voice was shaky. The idea of being left alone didn't sit well. Yet she knew she needed the rest. When Tessa pulled away, she looked at both Jack and RJ. "I also agree to your rules," she said, her voice soft.

Tessa smiled at Ronni. "As for what I'm in here for? I was stupid and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A guy in my college dorm threw a party and I carelessly took a drink when someone offered me something. I didn't even think about it. And to make matters worse, it was laced with something extra." She looked over at Ronni then. "You?" she asked.

Ronni looked down at the floor and clutched her middle. "I..." she stammered. "I..." She moved her hands up to her hair and carelessly ran her hands through it. "My ex..." her voice trailed. "The cops..." her eyes teared up. "They didn't believe me, they didn't..." At that she just ran away and inside the house.

104p0uq.jpg

Tagging:BlackJack, Ronni, Tessa

2gu9ugk.jpg

Tagging:RJ, Ronnie, Tessa

RJ listened as the women spoke he wasn't fond of the idea of having extra people there but he didn't have much choice now. When Tessa mentioned going with Blackjack RJ nodded his head in approval, "Sounds good to me, you two may not seem so bad after all but we'll see" ,he stated. He listened as Tessa told them why she was put in there and when Ronni was asked he watched her run off into the house all he heard was the words, ex, cops, and something about them not believing her. RJ figured he would leave the young woman alone for now seeing she was upset she probably didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Alright Tessa let's get going, Ronni will be alright with RJ here" ,Blackjack stated. He picked up his net again and motioned toward the path. "If we turn halfway down it a shortcut to the water and we can put the net down and wait" ,he explained as he began to walk back down the path.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tagging: Blackjack, RJ

Tessa watched Ronni run off and a part of her felt badly for her friend. It was obvious that whatever her reason for being in Miami, some horrible injustice had apparently occurred. She wasn't sure as to what the reason might be, but she had a feeling it was pretty bad and hoped that she'd eventually feel comfortable in talking about it. Maybe if she did, it would help her to move past it. Just maybe.

Turning to Jack, Tessa gave him a nod. "Yeah, I'm sure Ronni will be fine. She just needs to rest. I think she's been through quite a bit," she said. At that, she set her jaw and began to follow him down the path, letting him lead the way.

vn2x77.jpg

Tagging: Anyone

Ronni had run inside. She couldn't face everyone and tell them her story. She just couldn't. There were too many eyes watching her and who knew how many others might have been also, despite what RJ had said about the place being hidden. She didn't want to take any chances there. Besides, who was to say any of them would've believed her story either. The cops hadn't. Why would they? At that, she sat down and just buried her face in her hands and cried, wishing that none of her past had happened. That she'd never met her ex... that he hadn't abused her, that she hadn't needed to dump him, that he wouldn't have stalked her, that he wouldn't have raped her. Now she was in Miami and he was still free. Where in the hell was the justice in that? Where?

2gu9ugk.jpg

Tagging:Tessa

"Well I think we'll head to Normandy Shores it's not too bad of a spot to catch stuff but it's also not the greatest, all we need is a few fish for tonight then we can take the car over to Fisher Island and stock up, you see we keep the fish trapped in a net after catching them and place them in the water over here to keep them from dying or going bad for a while" ,he explained as they walked. "It was RJ's idea the guy is smart he was born here so he knows his way around I met him when he was ten the kid was covered in blood and dirt in fact he tried to kill me when we first met" ,Blackjack laughed a little bit then looked back towards the young woman who was following him. "But I'll let RJ tell you about himself when he feels he's ready the guy doesn't like me telling people his business".

Blackjack continued to lead Tessa down the path and took the turn in the middle through the tall grass, "We're just about there just a little ways to go now" ,he told her.

(Exit to Normandy Shores)

2w1td7d.jpg

Tessa followed Jack and listened to him explain the rig he and RJ had set up for themselves so that they'd have a steady supply of fish. She had to admit, it was pretty smart and she was impressed. She wasn't sure if she'd have thought of such a thing on her own without help, so it made her respect the two men even more. Not to mention, it made her really glad she'd chosen to follow Jack when she did. She got a good vibe from him and even RJ though the guy seemed a bit paranoid. She figured he had his reasons and that over time, she'd possibly a reason or two as to why that was.

"I'm impressed," Tessa said with a smile in regards to the fishing. "And sounds good." She then nodded when Jack mentioned about not going into more details about RJ. She understood that, especially in place such as they were. It definitely seemed to be a dog-eat-dog place. So, she didn't press. Instead, she just followed him as they made their way to Normandy Shores.

(Exits to Normandy Shores)

2w1td7d.jpg

Weapons: None
Tagging: Blackjack

Slowly, Tessa continued back up the path toward the house. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure Jack was still with her. When she saw the house, a wave of relief washed over her. She hoped that Ronni was all right and that she'd taken a rest. The girl had needed it. "Almost there," she then said, glancing over her shoulder again at Jack, giving him a warm smile.

2gu9ugk.jpg

Weapons:Shotgun, Pistol, Two knives attached to his belt
Tagging:RJ, Tessa

104p0uq.jpg

Weapons:Two Pistols, Two knives attached to belt
Tagging:BlackJack, Tessa, Ronni

When they reached his house Blackjack lowered his gun and smiled, "Good job finding your way here Tessa" ,he complimented. Jack made his way over to a small wooden table that had two chairs next to it and set the net on the table and sat in a chair. RJ looked at the two as they walked up and just kept poking at the fire he watched as Blackjack put the fish down and stood up. "Do you need any help Blackjack"? RJ asked quietly. Blackjack looked up at him as he grabbed a fish out of the net and stabbed it in the head to kill it before gutting it. "Just go grab some canned goods to go with the fish and see if Ronni is alright" ,Blackjack said in response.

RJ sighed before making his way into the house when he got inside he checked all the rooms to find Ronni and when he finally did he made sure to keep his distance not wanting to make the girl uncomfortable. He cleared his throat lightly before speaking, "Blackjack and Tessa are back they brought some fish and we're gonna be cooking soon, would you like to come down"? He asked in a soft tone. "Listen I know how you must feel right now and I don't blame you if you don't want to talk about why you're here it's probably for some fucked up reason and you're most likely innocent the government out there from what I understand is harsh but I only go off of what I was told I've never been outside of these walls my mother was put in here while she was pregnant with me". He didn't know why he was opening up so much to the girl but he was. Maybe it was because he felt bad for her hurt even. "If you want you can come help me pick out something to go with the fish" ,RJ offered a smile to try and show her he meant no harm.

Blackjack began to gut the fish as he waited for RJ to come back out, he hoped the other girl would join them as well. When he finished gutting all the fish he put them onto skewers so they could be put onto the fire. "Well all we need to do now is wait for RJ to get back out here, hopefully your friend decides to join us" ,he stated. Blackjack placed a few chairs around the fire and motioned for Tessa to sit down, "You thirsty? We got fresh water no dirt or nasty shit in it comes straight from a spring it's not the coldest because we stock up on it, the spring is quite a bit away and we really risk our asses to get to it but we need the water so we stock up every month" ,he told her before taking a seat in a chair beside her, he lit another cigarette while he waited for RJ to come out of the house.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tessa smiled at Jack's praise for finding the house. She knew it might seem silly to be so happy over something so simple, but for her she needed something to hold onto that would make her night just a bit brighter than it had been. And if that meant holding onto something such as that, then she would. Besides, it wasn't an easy find, so she was rather proud she'd managed to remember. As she and Jack got closer, she saw RJ working at the fire and once they reached him fully, Jack set the fish down and immediately went to gutting them.

When RJ left to get Ronni, Jack mentioned the spring water they stocked up on and asked Tessa if she wanted any of it to drink. Just the thought of fresh water made her mouth salivate. "Oh yes, please," she said. "That would be wonderful. Thank you." She gave him a smile of appreciation. "Honestly, I'm so glad you found us." She then turned to look at the house. "And Ronni? I'm not sure about her story. She and I had only just met when you found us but in those few moments we somehow bonded." She giggled softly. "Weird, huh. But I guess it's like that when you're thrown into weird situations. Anyway, I hope she's all right too. I just have a strange feeling she's been through some hell." She tucked a blonde strand behind an ear. "Anyway, thanks for the water. I don't know how the two of you have managed all this, but we're lucky you're being so generous. We'll make sure to help out to return the favor."

vn2x77.jpg

Tagging: RJ

Ronni looked up when she heard the footsteps followed by the soft sound of a throat being cleared. Her hands immediately went to her lap before clutching her middle. Standing before her was RJ. As she looked up at him, it was clear that her eyes were damp and red from her crying. But she didn't mention it, nor did she try to hide it. What was the point? She'd already made a display of herself, probably made herself look like a weak fool. The worst of targets. Who was she kidding. She was a target, that much was obvious and it was why she was in Miami and her ex was free and clear.

Ronni blinked a little as RJ spoke softly to her, his tone trying to show a bit of care for her predicament though he still didn't know her story. She gave him a nod and smiled as best she could as she slowly stood up. "All right," she answered. "I... I'll help you out. I... I am hungry. And I... I'm sorry for running out like that." Again she smiled, hoping he'd accept the apology. "Also, thank you for letting us stay. We won't be any trouble. I... I promise."

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

Weapons:Shotgun, Pistol, Two Knives attached to belt
Tagging:RJ, Tessa, Ronni

Jack grabbed two cups and filled them with water he handed one to Tessa then grabbed a stick to poke at the fire a bit, "Well you're welcome I think we'll all get along just fine out here it's all about survival, me and RJ have somewhat perfected it and now you and your friend Ronni have the chance to, honestly I'm glad I found you too and when I did if I were any later you two could have been dinner for some gang of crazies" ,he told her. Jack didn't want to scare the young woman but he felt she had to know the truth, every gruesome detail about this hell hole that she had to call home for the rest of her life. "Don't worry though good ol' Jack's got ya covered" ,he stated giving her a smile.

"Alright let me show you where everything is, right this way" ,RJ told Ronni. He motioned for him to follow her and made his way to the cellar, luckily for them Blackjack and RJ had a solar powered generator that was fully charged to power their house or else they'd be walking blind. RJ turned on the light before descending the stairs and making his way over to a set of cabinets and shelves. "Well here's our stock of canned goods and dry foods, when the choppers drop in the boxes every month this is what we grab that's of course if a box doesn't get dropped directly in our yard but rarely happens. Of course there is fruit trees and stuff near our house as well it is still Florida even if it's separated from the rest of the state so plenty of oranges and other things" ,he began. "Since you're new here I'll let you pick out what kind of food you want just stay away from the beans please Jack gets gassy and it's quite terrifying" ,RJ said jokingly he flashed Ronni a smile to let her know he was trying to make her laugh. Even in the worst of times RJ had a sense of humor as did Jack that was one of many reasons they got along so well.

"Oh and about you being any trouble, trust me you two are the least of our troubles in fact you guys will probably be very helpful with gathering and stuff, we'll strap you with weapons tomorrow morning you'll need them for when we go outside of this area" ,RJ told the young woman.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tessa took the water, her facial expression showing her appreciation before she sipped at it. She decided sipping would be better than guzzling, even if the urge to do so was strong. Best to relish what she had and make it last a bit. She then nodded at Jack. "I think we will too and anything you and RJ could teach us would be great. Hopefully we can even add something to this humble abode you have going here," she said with a smile, her one hand waving at the house in admiration at what the two men had set up for themselves. "Though seems like you both have it all figured out, but we'll try." She giggled a bit, trying to keep things light.

Tessa's face then went a bit grim as she thought about the possibilities hers and Ronni's fate had Jack not shown up when he did. She was glad he hadn't held things back. Yes, it frightened the hell out of her, but she wasn't blind. She knew that both she and Ronni needed to adapt to their new life in Miami and that meant accepting their environment and the people in it--even the crazies and weirdoes. She took another sip of water.

Setting the water down, Tessa looked at Jack. "And Jack, thanks for having my back. Our back. Me and Ronni." She smiled as she let her fingers trace the rim of the cup. "Means a lot. I know there aren't a lot out here a person can trust. So... well. It means a lot. And I know it doesn't mean much since I don't know a thing about weapons, but I got you covered as best I can too."

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni followed RJ down into the cellar to where the dry goods were stored. She listened to him explain how helicopters dropped off crates into the area every month for everyone along with how there were natural resources that the land provided as well. It sounded like a harsh existence, one she wasn't used to at all, but knew she had to adapt to. She knew she could do it. That wasn't a problem. She just didn't like not knowing who lurked around the corner, the feeling of eyes watching her, following her, sizing her up. From the moment she entered the island prison she'd felt like she wasn't alone and she supposed she wasn't. But it was more than that. She felt like she was constantly being followed, stalked. But perhaps it was the paranoia from what had happened with her ex. She just didn't know. Sooner than later she was going to lose it and sooner than later she was going to have to talk about it or else she was afraid she'd have a melt down.

Ronni smiled and giggled softly when RJ made the joke. She was appreciative that he was trying to make things light for her. Whether on purpose or if that was just his way, she was grateful he did it as it helped ease her tension a bit. She was also glad he didn't see her or Tessa as trouble and that he was even willing to give them weapons to help defend themselves. It said quite a lot, at least to her. Given his earlier unease, it showed a level of trust if even only on a basic level.

"I'm glad you don't see us as trouble," Ronni then said softly. "And thanks for trusting us enough to give us weapons..." her voice trailed a bit. "I know that can't be easy given where we are." She looked down at the floor. "I don't know if I'd be that trusting, if I were you." She looked back up and into his eyes. "But thank you. I think you're the first person to actually believe something of me." Her eyes pricked with tears a bit and she brought her hands up to wipe at them. "You've no idea what that means..." Her voice got shaky and she fell silent knowing that if she didn't she'd lose it right there. She covered her mouth to stifle the sob she felt trying to bubble up and managed to hold it back. When she regained control, she softly spoke. "Sorry. I choose that," she then said pointing to a can of corn.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

When Tessa motioned to the house and complimented it Jack smiled, "Yeah it's not much but it's better then the streets ya know it's one of the safest places around here" ,he said in response. "I'm sure you guys will do just fine with contributing you've already helped me out with the fishing and tomorrow when no one's lurking outside except for mainly innocents me and RJ are gonna take you and Ronni out to Fisher Island to catch some stuff and I gotta meet up with Ace for some real cigarettes, you guys will like her she's a bit rough around the edges but a nice girl none the less if you need anything she's got some pretty good connections and it's quite amusing seeing her and RJ bicker I get a kick out of it". Jack sighed then took a sip from his cup, "That's if you guys wanna come we're not gonna force you your first official day here but it'll be a good learning experience for ya".

When Ronni picked out the can of corn he smiled, "I like that stuff I haven't had it in a while" ,he stated reaching out to grab a can of it. He then grabbed a couple of pans, he then opened a large barrel that was sealed tightly and took a cup out of it and scooped rice from it. "Yeah we take the bags of rice from the crates too it stays fresh longer then most of the starches like bread and potatoes" ,he explained. "I'll teach you all the stuff you need to know about this place, what's good to take and what can be left behind". He then looked the woman straight in the eyes, "Don't apologize for crying ok I still do it sometimes and I'm a 25 year old man I've seen a lot of shit I watched my mother get killed in this place when I was ten, this place is an utter shit hole so I won't judge you for being upset" ,he began. "And why wouldn't I believe in you I can see potential through those tears stick with me and Jack and you and Tessa will be just fine I promise" ,RJ gave her a comforting smiled before motioning for her to follow him back upstairs and outside.

When RJ got outside he set everything up so that it could be cooked then went back in the house to grab some plates to put everything on. After setting everything down he looked over at Jack, "We should probably show them where to bathe tomorrow as well as meet up with bitch face for your cancer sticks" ,RJ stated. Jack laughed at his comment and looked at him, "She's not a bitch you just don't like her because she kicked you in the balls after you carried her off of Miami beach, she was probably scared of ya" ,Jack stated. RJ just gave him a look, "And I already told Tessa here that we're gonna go to Fisher Island tomorrow to catch some grub and then meet up with Ace after that I guess we can go show them where to wash the day's grime off".

2w1td7d.jpg

Tagging: Blackjack, RJ, Ronni

vn2x77.jpg

Tagging: RJ, Blackjack, Tessa

Tessa nodded, "I won't speak for Ronni, but I'll go. I think it's important to accept things since no matter how hard I try to deny what's happened, it's not going to change. Better to just go with it. Right?" She smiled a little. "Might as well learn what I can since every day that goes by where I'm clueless, I'm only making myself a target that much longer. She let out a sigh and flicked her hair over her shoulder. "Somehow I don't think that's a good thing to be here," she added, her tone serious and a bit worried.

Ronni bit down on her lip as RJ picked up the can she'd chosen and spoke then gently to her as he went to get some rice. She appreciated that he didn't judge her or make her feel stupid for her emotional outburst. She wouldn't have blamed him if he had, even if it had just been a look. But he didn't do that and she hadn't expected anyone to act that way. Not after the treatment she had with the police, the doctors... they hadn't even allowed her to wash. Nothing... nothing... It was refreshing that someone didn't judge her, didn't mind that she cried. And it was nice that someone actually saw potential in her when she felt so low and at the bottom of the pile.

Once outside, Ronni saw Tessa and gave her a smile. Tessa walked over to her and gave her a hug. The two watch Jack and RJ argue about a girl named Ace for several moments.

Tessa nodded, "I'll go with you when you meet up with Ace," she said. She then looked at Ronni suggesting she come along.

Ronni looked apprehensive. Ace sounded intimidating to her. If she scared RJ, that said something to her. "I... I don't know if I should go," she said softly. "M-maybe I should just stay here after Fisher Island," she said.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

RJ looked at Ronni when she said she wanted to stay there when the rest of them met up with Ace, "I agree me and Ronni will come back here while you go deal with Ace" ,RJ stated in agreement. Blackjack just sighed, "Fine me and Tessa will go meet up with Ace after catching some fish then when we come back we'll all go up to the springs and clean up" ,Jack said in response.

Jack put the fish on the fire while RJ set everything else up, the two worked good as a team and if they played their cards right their new friends would work just as well with them. When the fish was close to done RJ put the rest of the food on the fire and sat down to relax while it cooked getting up every few minutes to stir it. When the food was finally done they made plates and handed one to each of the girls. "It's not five star restaurant material but it'll fill your stomach" ,Jack stated with a smile. "Hope you guys like it".

2w1td7d.jpg

Tagging: Blackjack, RJ, Ronni

vn2x77.jpg

Tagging: RJ, Blackjack, Tessa

Tessa just nodded. She had a feeling Ronni wouldn't want to go, which was why she hadn't wanted to speak for her earlier. And as she looked at her friend, she wished she knew what she could do to help her to ease her fears... something. Anything. But it didn't seem like there was anything. At least not at the present moment. If only someone could get her to talk about what had happened, it might help... But there wasn't much she could do right then. At least she could let her know she was there if she needed her. Looking over at Jack, she gave him a smile and nodded again about going out to meet up with Ace and then the thought of getting clean sounded divine. She hadn't had a chance to wash since getting picked up at the party, so the thought of washing off the staleness of what went on... oh the idea! Heavenly!

Ronni nodded her head quickly as RJ said he'd stay behind with her while both Jack and Tessa went to meet up with Ace. The woman, from her description, seemed scary and she'd had enough scares in the past few days to last her a lifetime. She needed a day or two, hell even a few hours, where she didn't feel violated or on edge about something. She hadn't had a chance since her ex had pried her legs apart the other day. She could still feel the bruises on her inner thighs from where his hands had pushed them open initially. She shivered just then.

When the food was done, both Tessa and Ronni were appreciative and smiled graciously.

"S-smells good," Ronni said, her voice quiet and low. "Thank you."

Tessa nodded, "Indeed. Looks great. Thanks."

Both girls immediately started eating, their expressions making it clear they enjoyed the meal immensely.

When finished, Ronni got up and began collecting plates. "I... I can w-wash these for you. W-where should I do that?" she asked.

104p0uq.jpg

Weapons:Two Pistols, Two Knives attached to belt

2gu9ugk.jpg

Both Jack and RJ ate their food and enjoyed it, when everyone was finished and Ronni collected the plates both RJ and Jack looked at her quickly. They hadn't expected her to clean nor did they want her to feel she had to, RJ stood up and looked at Ronni, "I'll help you come on let me show you where to do it" ,he stated motioning for her to follow him into the kitchen. When he got into the kitchen he clogged the drain and put some powdered soap into it before pouring some of the spring water in as well. He reached his hands in and mixed it all up creating bubbles in the water. "Now we just put the dishes in here and take this rag and wash them after they're all soaped up and clean we rinse the soap off in that bucket" ,he pointed to another bucket that was filled with clean water.

Jack watched as RJ jumped up to help the young woman and when he was out of sight Jack laughed a little bit, "I think RJ likes your friend, he's never acted this way before" ,Jack stated as he pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it. He took a drag then blew it out slowly, "By the way thank you for volunteering to come with me tomorrow and don't worry Ace isn't as bad as RJ makes her out to be the two have a bit of a beef that developed years ago" ,Jack told Tessa. "But on another note you and Ronni should like the springs as long as you don't mind swimming with a few of my friends" ,Jack smiled he loved the springs even with the large animals that swam in them. In fact Jack liked them even more knowing they were filled with gigantic yet friendly creatures it was his own heaven within hell.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tessa blinked as RJ got up and had Ronni follow him inside so that he could show her what to do with the dishes. Once they were gone, she let out a contented sigh. The food had been delicious and was more than she could've asked for on her first night in Miami prison.

"You think so?" Tessa asked with a tiny smile on her lips in regards to Jack's comment about RJ. She let out a soft giggle just then and sat back listening to him continue on speaking. When he mentioned the springs again, the idea of washing sounded like a dream. And she was curious as to what he meant by his 'friends'. "So who are these friends of yours?" she asked, a curious look in her eye. "So long as they don't bite, I don't think I'll mind," she laughed.

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni followed RJ inside and listened to him explain what to do when washing the dishes. It was straight forward enough and reduced wasting the precious fresh water. She nodded and began to use the rag to start scrubbing the dishes clean. When done scrubbing, she placed each one in the rinse bucket. She smiled at RJ as she cleaned the dishes, obviously liking the fact that she felt useful and like she was contributing something to the group rather than being that girl who was ready to emotionally shatter with a single wrong look. "When I finish these? Do you have a drying rag? And where should I put them away after they are dried?" she then asked him.

104p0uq.jpg

Weapons:Two Pistols, Two Knives attached to belt

2gu9ugk.jpg

"Oh yeah RJ likes her I can tell he gets this look on his face when she's near him he's not really good with hiding how he feels about someone" ,Jack stated in response to Tessa. He took another drag from his cigarette then blew the smoke out. "As for my friends they don't bite they're just huge and like to swim it's rare for them to be in a freshwater spring but they made their way there and decided to stay and hell they've been surviving so it must be alright and they enjoy company as long as it's the right kind of company, I try to keep the place private except for a few friends of mine other then the one's who live there of course" ,he told her.

When Ronni asked about a drying rag RJ picked up a towel and grabbed one of the already washed dishes and began to dry it off, "I'll dry them and put them away we work as a team here no one does anything alone" ,he told her with a smile. "We help each other out it makes things easier that way". RJ continued to dry and put the dishes away into a cabinet above the sink, when he was finished he looked to Ronni would you like something other then water to drink, I can make some orange juice if you want I know Jack will like that it's freshly made as always" ,again he smiled after offering Ronni the juice.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tessa smiled a bit. For some reason it warmed her a little at the thought of something 'happy' possibly brewing in such a dark and dangerous place like Miami. From the little she knew of Ronni, the girl needed something positive and from what she could tell of RJ, he did too. Maybe she was silly, but such was the way of it. She watched Jack as he took a drag off his cigarette and blew the smoke out in a long, lingering exhale. "Do you know what they are?" she asked with a smile. Her curiosity had definitely been piqued and now not only was she looking forward to getting clean, but she was looking forward to seeing what these creatures were that inhabited the nearby springs.

Back
Top Bottom