Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RJ's and BlackJack's House

vn2x77.jpg

Name: Veronica Harris
Nickname: Ronni
Attire: White cami tank, dark blue skinny jeans, black boots.
Weapons: None
Tagging: RJ

Ronni smiled at RJ when he told her he'd help her with the dishes. She'd wash, he'd dry. It was... nice. She felt... safe, comfortable. For the first time in a long time, she actually felt that way. It was odd, something she could get used to. Looking down at the remaining dishes, she continued to wash them until they were finished, placing each one in the rinse bucket until she was completely finished. When she and RJ were done, he offered her some juice, which only made her feel even more comfortable and at ease. Something she so sorely needed after everything. "S-some juice would be nice. Y-yes, please. Thanks," she said giving him a smile and tucking a dark lock of hair over an ear.

104p0uq.jpg

Name:Robert James Plissken
Nickname:RJ, Plissken
Attire:Camo Pants, Black Tank Top, Combat Boots
Weapons:Two Pistols, Two knives attached to belt
Tagging:BlackJack, Tessa, Ronni

2gu9ugk.jpg

Name:Jack Ryan
Nickname:Blackjack
Attire:Camo Pants, Black sleeveless T-Shirt, Combat Boots
Weapons:Shotgun, Pistol, Two Knives attached to belt
Tagging:RJ, Tessa, Ronni

"Well I call them sea cows but their more known as manatees and even though they can look scary cuz' of their size they really are harmless" ,Jack said in response to Tessa's question. "I like to feed them every now and then even though they swim out to get their own food when they need it it let's them know we mean no harm". Jack finished off his cigarette then threw it into the fire he then looked at Tessa again, "You know you're really proving you're good people both of ya are and I like that" ,he stated before taking a sip of his water.

"Alright let's make some then" ,RJ said in response. He made his way over to a small cooler and grabbed out four oranges then placed them onto the table in the kitchen, he then grabbed a pitcher that had a juicer on top of it. "I was lucky to find this a few year ago I was digging through some junk and there it was I brought it home cleaned it up and it works great now" ,he told her. "Me and Jack like to go out and look for stuff every now and then you'd be surprised at what we find out there". RJ took one of his knives from his belt and cut all the oranges in half before squeezing the juice out of them and into the pitcher. When he was finished he looked at Ronni, "Shall we go back outside and let them know we've got some juice for them or should we wait until they come in? I'll let you decide".

2w1td7d.jpg

Name: Tessa Crawford
Nickname: Tess
Attire: Pink shortsleeve top, bottle green cargo capris, wedged espadrilles.
Tagging: Blackjack

Tessa smiled and felt herself blush a bit. It was nice to hear such a compliment given where they were. Honestly, the moment she'd been thrust through that door at North Bay Village, she hadn't expected to last more than an hour. She thought for sure something bad would happen and, in reality, it almost had. If Jack hadn't shown up when he had... A chill ran along her spine just then. No, she wouldn't dwell on it. After all, what good what it do. Jack had been there and now she and Ronni were both safe and they were learning how to survive life in Miami prison.

"Thanks," Tessa said. "You two aren't so bad yourself," she giggled softly. She let her fingers play with the rim of her cup for a moment before she picked it up again so she could sip at her water. When she set it back down, she said. "Well, I think it'll be a treat to see these manatees. I've never seen one before. At least not in person." Giving him another smile, she picked up her cup once again.

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni watched RJ with a bit of fascination as he began to prepare things to make the juice. She was surprised at the things he'd managed to scavenge so as to be able to make some. Surprised and a bit impressed. She had no doubt such things had to be difficult to come by. She also wondered how often he and Jack went out looking for such things and how much of it was luck verses other in regards to coming across such things. When he finished making the juice she tucked a dark strand of hair behind her ear and smiled shyly.

"M-maybe we can tell them w-we have some? A-and if they want to c-come in they c-can?" Ronni then suggested, rubbing her arms a bit.

104p0uq.jpg

Tagging:BlackJack, Tessa, Ronni

2gu9ugk.jpg

"Well thank you, I guess we're not too bad I mean we try" ,Jack said in response to Tessa's compliment. "The manatees are pretty cool it's something nice to have in this hell, the springs alone are nice to have I like to think of it as my own heaven within hell you know what I mean"? Jack smiled before taking another sip from his cup.

RJ could hear the nervousness in Ronni's voice he walked over to her after pouring a cup of juice, he placed the juice in her hands and held them for a second he was gentle and kind to make sure he didn't frighten her. RJ looked directly into her eyes, "Listen you don't need to be afraid here not with me and Jack we're here to help ok, why don't you sit down on the couch and relax I'll go get the other two" ,RJ stated giving her a warm smile before letting her hands go.

When RJ got outside he looked at Blackjack then at Tessa, ""Hey asshole....Tessa, I made some orange juice why don't you guys come inside and grab some" ,RJ said. Blackjack knew RJ was just messing with him when he called him an asshole so he played right back, "Alright bitch boy I think I'd like some orange juice" ,Jack said back standing up and looking RJ in the face before walking toward the house. The two always played around like that and thought it was funny they never really got into any real fights while living with each other.

2w1td7d.jpg

Tagging: Blackjack, RJ

Tessa giggled when RJ interrupted the conversation between Jack and herself about the springs. The two were just like brothers and she couldn't help but smile at their playful banter. Given where they were it strangely eased the tensions and darkness of the place and she was grateful for that. "Juice sounds wonderful," she said getting up to follow Jack and RJ inside.

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni didn't even flinch when RJ gently touched her hands. She wasn't sure why since everything else about where they were made her jump a mile. But for some reason, RJ made her feel a bit better. Safer. As she looked into his eyes, she could see something there, something she couldn't explain. It was a kindness, an understanding. And it made her feel comfortable and more at ease. She was glad he was there and his smile made her feel warm. Nodding and smiling back, she mumbled, "All right." And then moved to go sit down as she watched him go outside to get both Jack and Tessa.

104p0uq.jpg

Tagging:BlackJack, Ronni, Tessa

2gu9ugk.jpg

When they got inside Blackjack shut and locked the door behind them, the fire had died down enough to where it wouldn't be any problem. Jack then grabbed the deck of cards from the shelf by the door he turned and looked at RJ who had taken a seat next to Ronni, "Hey RJ wanna play a round or two"? He stated with a smirk. RJ looked up at him taking a sip from the cup of juice he had poured for himself, "No....No I don't not at all Jack you cheat" ,RJ said in response. Jack laughed as he made his way over to the table and set the cards down, he poured himself and Tessa a cup of juice before sitting in one of the chairs. "I do not cheat RJ you just suck" ,Jack argued sarcastically. "I don't suck Jack unlike you I don't swing that way" ,RJ said smirking.

Jack fell silent for a moment unsure of how to respond to RJ's wise crack the man had caught him by surprise, after a few moments Jack grabbed a poker chip off of the table and threw it at RJ's head. When the chip smacked him in the forehead RJ looked at Jack for a second before picking the chip up and throwing it back at Jack. Before Jack could get up RJ had placed his cup on the floor and ran toward the other room.

"Oh hell no boy you better get your ass back in here" ,Jack said now fully standing. He began to walk toward the room that RJ had run into, before he went into the room he turned to look at the two women that were in the house, "If you'll excuse us for a moment we have a score to settle don't mind the screams of pain coming out of the room" ,he stated jokingly. Jack then turned back around and headed into the room and slammed the door. After a few minutes of swearing at each other, throwing things and wrestling around the two bursted out of the room, Jack had RJ in what looked to be a rather tight headlock. "Say you're sorry" ,Jack stated. "Never" ,RJ said in response.

After the two finished fighting they sat down at the table, "Alright deal the cards Jack" ,RJ said breathlessly. Jack looked at RJ then the two women, "See what I have to do to play a simple game of cards"? He said jokingly. "You guys want in"?

2w1td7d.jpg

Tagging: Blackjack, RJ, Ronni

vn2x77.jpg

Tagging: RJ, Blackjack, Tessa

Ronni and Tessa just watched RJ and Jack fight like brothers, since that was what they more or less were. They might not have been related by blood, but that was what they were nonetheless. And it was exactly how they acted toward each other. Tessa couldn't help but smile and giggle at the scene between the two. Even Ronni had a smile playing on her lips as she watched. The two men were so at ease with each other, making a life for themselves despite the bleak outlook of things.

Ronni's cheeks blushed a bit at some of the comments exchanged between the two men, but Tessa just laughed. Overall, though, both girls felt the tensions of the day ebbing away bit by bit as the night wore on and when RJ ran into the other room, Ronni's eyes went wide. She looked at Tessa and gasped, but the blonde just continued to laugh as Jack went after him.

"Do you think RJ will be all right?" Ronni asked Tessa, wincing a bit as loud noises came from the other room.

Tessa just giggled. "I'm sure he'll be fine," she answered. "They're just playing around. I've seen it plenty of times back at my dorms in college, before..." her voice trailed a moment, but she shrugged it off. "He'll be fine, Ronni."

Just then, Jack and RJ returned. Ronni's eyes went wide at the sight of RJ in a headlock, but she relaxed when she realized that Tessa was right and that he and Jack were indeed joking around.

"I'm in!" Tessa then said when it came time to play cards. "I'm all in!"

Ronni bit down on her lip, her eyes focused on RJ, and spoke softly, "I... I guess so if everyone else is."

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

Weapons:Shotgun, Pistol, Two knives attached to belt

"That's the spirit come take a seat" ,Jack stated when the two agreed to play cards with them. RJ could hear Ronni's nervousness and patted the seat next to him trying to let her know she had nothing to be nervous about. Jack dealt the cards while he waited for the two women to make their way to the table, after finishing dealing the cards he took a sip from his cup. He looked at RJ for a moment and smirked making RJ give him a look of confusion. Jack then kicked RJ in the shin from under the table and smirked again. "OW asshole" ,RJ said back before kicking Jack in his shin.

"Alright guys the game we're playing is poker we don't have any thing to put on the line so it's just for fun tonight" ,Jack stated. He looked at RJ, "So it doesn't matter if you win or lose it's all about having fun". Jack lit a cigarette and took a drag, he let it hang from his mouth as he looked at his own cards. His eyes scanned everyone else trying to read their faces to get an idea of what kind of hand they all had. Jack's gaze fell on Tessa for a little longer then it should but he quickly averted his gaze back to his cards hoping no one noticed, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"Jack are we gonna play cards or are you going to keep making googly eyes at Tessa"? RJ stated with a cocky smirk on his face. Jack wanted to comeback with a joke about him liking Ronni but he didn't want the young woman to feel anymore uncomfortable then she already was. "RJ just shut up and play cards" ,Jack said back. He felt a little embarrassed but didn't show it instead he continued to smoke his cigarette as he looked at his cards.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni sat down next to RJ and smiled, her hands moving to run through her hair a bit before she rested them in her lap. Tessa gave her an encouraging smile to let her know she approved and to hopefully ease her tension a bit further. Ronni just blushed a little, her arms clutching her middle as she waited for Jack to deal the cards and for the game to begin.

When Jack dealt the cards, both girls picked them up and looked at them, taking care to not let anyone see their hands. Both listened intently as Jack explained that they'd be playing Poker for fun. It was a first for both and neither was entirely sure as to what the rules were or how to play. So, both just stared at the cards in their hand. When RJ commented about Jack's staring, Tessa just smiled a bit, her cheeks going slightly pink.

Biting down on her lip, Tessa finally looked up from her cards and then over at Jack. She blushed a bit harder. "I have an admission to make," she began. "I have no idea how to play Poker!" She giggled a little.

Ronni then smiled and giggled. "N-neither do I," she admitted as well. She looked at RJ. "Not a clue."

104p0uq.jpg

Weapons:Two Pistols, Two Knives attached to belt

2gu9ugk.jpg

When the two women mentioned they didn't know how to play poker Jack raised an eyebrow, "Ah....ok then how about we play something everyone knows how to play" ,he looked at the two. "So what card games you guys know? He wanted everyone to have fun and not have to sit and learn something with as many rules as poker. "I know how to play pretty much all games for go fish to blackjack, so throw your best at me" ,he continued with a friendly smile.

"How about we play...." ,RJ began but was cut off by Jack putting his hand up.

"Shut up RJ let them pick what they wanna play" ,Jack said messing with RJ.

RJ and Jack then took a sip from their cups almost at the same exact time. Jack then took a drag of his cigarette and looked at the two girls as he waited for their answers. He knew they probably didn't have much experience with cards seeing gambling was illegal on the outside and nearly every card game could be used for gambling, Jack even wondered if they had outlawed cards by now.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni blushed a bit harder and looked to Tessa for a suggestion. Biting down on her lip, she just shrugged.

Tessa let out a sigh and looked over at Jack and gave him a smile. "How about Old Maid?" she asked with a giggle.

Ronni winced but nodded in agreement, letting the blonde know that she knew how to play that particular card game. Even if it was a bit embarrassing. But, such was how it was on the outside. Poker just wasn't something one played everyday. Hell, it wasn't played at all.

"Gosh, I'm embarrassed," Tessa said, her cheeks still a bit red just like Ronni's were.

"Me too," Ronni said softly, looking over at RJ as she gave him a small smile. "Guess you can tell we don't get out much."

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

"Shit don't be embarrassed girls I think I'mma need someone to refresh my memory on how Old Maid is played, I haven't played that game since I was a kid" ,Jack admitted. He flashed a smile to both of the women then collected the cards and handed them to Tessa, "Why don't ya deal 'em hun then if you can help me out while we play". After Jack said that RJ sighed and shook his head then looked at Ronni, "Jack is so full of shit he knows how to play he's just trying to flirt he's really bad at it" ,RJ whispered so that only Ronni could hear him.

Jack took another drag from his cigarette then refilled everyone's cups with orange juice while he waited for Tessa to respond to him.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni felt her own cheeks go red when RJ whispered to her about Tessa though she didn't quite know why. Her lips turned upward into a smile and she ran her fingers through her hair and she nodded in agreement. "I... I think it's sweet," she whispered back to him. "S-something nice in all this d-darkness," she added, her lips still holding the smile as she looked into his eyes.

Tessa blushed and giggled. "Really? I thought you said you knew every game," she said. Smiling, she moved to sit closer to Jack and dealt out the cards. Once the hands were set she showed him hers. "Now," she began. "We put down our matches first. See how these match? This pair of three of diamonds? We put those down." She paused, still smiling. "When all our matches are down, we pick a card from RJ's hand. If we get a match, we put it down and then pick from Ronni's hand." Her cheeks were red as she spoke.

Ronni looked over at RJ as Tessa finished explaining the game. She could tell that Jack knew how to play and that Tessa knew he knew how. But she found it sweet that they played along that the other didn't know anyway and her expression said as much as she looked at RJ.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

As Tessa explained everything Jack looked at her as if he were listening, he knew how to play but he just wanted her attention for a little bit. "Well that seems simple enough thanks for helping me out" ,Jack stated with a smile. RJ shook his head again then leaned in toward Ronni. "I guess it's sweet but Jack is such an idiot he's doing it all wrong" ,RJ said jokingly in Ronni's ear.

Jack smiled when Tessa moved closer to him he looked at RJ knowing that he was saying something in Ronni's ear and it was probably about him, "So RJ you get all that? Just making sure, don't want any excuses from you when you lose" ,Jack said jokingly. "Shut it Jack the only one that's gonna be making excuses after losing is you after all how can you be so confident when you don't know how to play this game" ,RJ stated sarcastically with a smirk on his face. "Well jeeze RJ you're absolutely right I shouldn't be so confident I'm just glad I've got a good teacher sitting here to help me out" ,Jack stated in response. RJ just laughed a bit and shook his head again.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni bit down on her lip and rubbed her arms as she clutched onto her cards, her knuckles almost turning white from the grip she had on them. She then turned her head to glance a bit better at RJ, wondering how he'd do it then if Jack was supposedly doing it wrong. She then turned back in her seat so that she could pick up her cup of juice. When she brought the juice to her lips, she looked at it a quick moment and then she suddenly smiled...

Tessa giggled a little, her smile lighting up her entire face despite her pink cheeks. "Jack will do just fine," she said. She turned to look at Jack just then and gently touched his arm. "We'll make a great team. I've no doubt he's a fast learner." She gave Jack a wink and then turned to look over at RJ. "So you'd better be careful there, RJ," she said with a laugh.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

When Tessa touched his arm and winked at him Jack smiled then winked back at her, RJ again shook his head and leaned in to whisper into Ronni's ear again. "Do you believe this guy he's like a fucking dog in heat" ,RJ said jokingly. "I'm surprised his tongue isn't hanging out while he pants and drools all over the floor". Jack gave RJ another look when he noticed he was whispering again a smirk came across his face right before he leaned in to whisper into Tessa's ear. "OK so seeing as RJ likes to make secrets I'm going to pretend to be saying something about him into your ear so just laugh and pretend I'm saying something amusing" ,Jack whispered. He laughed a little right before he turned away from the young woman then gave RJ yet another look.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Tessa giggled a bit. She hadn't this much fun, well, ever. She most certainly hadn't experienced anything like it on the outside and she definitely didn't expect it once she'd been deposited in the hell known as Miami prison. It was as if while she was sitting there with Jack all her fears and troubles and worries just melted away into nothing. She was just Tessa. She was... free. Looking over at Jack, she leaned in close and cupped her hand over his ear and began to whisper. "Maybe if I do this and make it look like I'm telling you a secret too, it'll really give him reason to whisper, yes?" When she pulled away, she giggled and touched his arm again.

Ronni looked over at RJ again and smiled at him. Quietly, she sipped at her juice. "W-well, he is a bit f-forward," she whispered in admission for only RJ to hear. "B-but he's just paying her a c-compliment." She paused a moment to take another sip of her juice before setting her cup down again. Once down, she brought her arms back around her middle and rubbed her arms. "If y-you were to, you know..." her voice trailed a bit, her cheeks going a bit red. "Compliment someone... how would you do it?" she asked quietly so only he could hear her.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

Jack laughed when Tessa whispered in his ear when she finished saying what she had to Jack looked at RJ, "I think you're right" ,Jack stated it loud enough for everyone to hear but then leaned back in to whisper to Tessa again. "See what I did there now he definitely thinks we're talking about him" ,Jack whispered. He thought it was cute how she giggled and was playing along with his little joke, "You know this is getting to be pretty fun it's so fun we haven't even started the game yet" ,he whispered. "Personally I'm liking our little secret conversation". Jack winked at her again as he pulled away and looked at his cards.

When Ronni asked RJ how he would go about complimenting someone he smiled a little, he noticed her cheeks went red and it made his go slightly pink as well. "Well I think if I were to pay someone a compliment I would just compliment them but I wouldn't sound as dumb as Jack does, for example I think you're really beautiful but I'm not gonna sit here and drool over you because I'm an adult not a teenage boy, sometimes I wonder how old Jack really is with the way he acts" ,RJ whispered in response. He was very casual with his compliment towards Ronni so he wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable in any way and so that she would take it as he meant it to be an honest compliment.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Tessa couldn't help but laugh, her one hand going up to cover her mouth a bit to stifle the sound. She nodded and leaned in close to Jack once again, cupping his ear so she could whisper. "Me too, Jack. I've never had this much fun. Not ever." When she pulled away, she smiled and giggled softly. Shifting a bit in her seat, she then brought her free hand up to play with her hair.

As Ronni listened to RJ tell her how he'd compliment a woman, his own to her didn't go unnoticed. She felt her cheeks get a bit hot and she couldn't help but smile. Again, she reached for her juice and took a sip. She didn't know what it was about him, but for some reason he made her feel better. Less on edge. She could almost forget about why she was in Miami for a moment, almost feel as if there weren't other eyes watching. It was... nice. As she set her juice cup down, she wondered why that was. Perhaps it was because of how he treated her when she nearly broke down or how cautious he was despite how she and Tessa appeared when he first saw them. Regardless, she felt safe around him. Better. And she was glad that he was going to stay with her while Jack and Tessa went off to meet Ace in the morning. "Thanks," Ronni whispered, still blushing. She looked over at RJ and smiled at him. "I... I like your eyes." She turned away and looked down at the floor.

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

When Tessa mentioned she had never had this much fun Jack cocked his eyebrow, "What ya mean you never had this much fun"? He whispered. "Well get used to it because I like fun almost everything I do I need to try and have fun with it if you know what I mean". Jack took a sip of his juice as he watched Tessa play with her hair.

RJ smiled softly at the compliment Ronni gave him, "Thank you" ,he whispered. He liked the young woman more and more as the night went on, she was different and a nice change of pace for him RJ was used to always being rowdy and crazy with Jack and it was nice to be able to just sit and have a calm conversation with someone. He looked over to Jack and Tessa as they continued to whisper then back to Ronni, "So do you think Jack's trying to make a move"? He whispered. "It looks like it, I'm surprised your friend hasn't slapped him yet he can get a bit to forward sometimes of course it's harmless but some find it offensive".

After a little bit Jack put his cards down and looked at everyone sitting at the table, "So I figured out sleeping arrangements, I'm gonna take the couch tonight that way both Tessa and Ronni will have a bed to sleep on, I figured seeing as I'm the most manly in this house right now I could handle it" ,Jack told them all. He winked at RJ after making the manly comment and RJ shook his head again and laughed a little, "Sounds alright to me Jack" ,RJ said in response. He then looked at the girls to see what they had to say about Jack's suggestion. Jack leaned in to Tessa again, "You can have my bed if you want I'd hate to see someone as pretty as you have to sleep on that shitty old couch" ,he whispered right before giving her a smile then taking another sip from his cup.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Ronni leaned toward RJ a bit and whispered, "I don't know Tessa well enough." She bit down on her lip a bit before continuing. "Jack seems nice and I think she senses that." She tucked some of her dark hair behind an ear and turned to look at RJ. "I still think it's sweet," she said. "Different," she then admitted. "Not my way. But sweet." Her cheeks reddened again and she averted her eyes as Jack suddenly spoke up about sleeping arrangements.

Both girls listened as Jack mentioned that he'd take the couch so that they'd have a bed to sleep on. It was a kind gesture and both appreciated it. They nodded letting him know they accepted the offer.

Tessa giggled when Jack told her specifically she could have his bed. He was sweet and fun and she was glad he was the one she'd chosen to go with back at North Bay Village when she and Ronni had first met. "Thanks, Jack," she said, leaning close and giving him a peck on the cheek. "That's sweet of you." She gave him a smile as she set her own cards down and then took a sip of her juice.

Ronni smiled at everything and looked over at RJ. "I... I'm starting to get tired. I... I'm going to need some rest soon, I think," she said.

Tessa nodded reluctantly. She was having fun, but she knew that she and Jack had quite a day ahead of them still. "I suppose I should too," she said looking over at Jack, her cheeks a bit pink. "We have that trip to take tomorrow, yes?"

104p0uq.jpg

2gu9ugk.jpg

"Oh it's no problem at all I've slept in far worse conditions during my life so I figure I'd let you be comfortable since you're willing to make the trip with me to meet up with Ace tomorrow" ,Jack said in response to Tessa. He smiled when she gave him a kiss on the cheek, he wasn't a man that really blushed but if he did his face would be red. Jack thought Tessa was a very sweet woman and he was glad he had found the two earlier that night.

RJ smiled back at Ronni and when she said she was tired he stood up, "Let me show you where your room is" ,RJ offered. His eyes met hers and it made him smile once more at first he was a bit iffy about the two women when Jack had brought them back but now he was really thankful Jack had found them and that they weren't out there trying to survive the crazies.

After RJ offered to show Ronni to her room Jack stood up as well, "I'll show you where your room is as well it's not much but there's a bed with sheets and blankets on it and I must admit it is quite comfy in my opinion" ,Jack stated. He knew he would be sleeping without and blankets or sheets seeing as they only had the ones that were on the beds but he didn't mind that was the least of his worries to him as long as everyone else was comfortable then he'd be happy, plus he could always go bother RJ in the middle of the night if he got bored.

2w1td7d.jpg

vn2x77.jpg

Tessa followed Jack to where her room would be. She was very grateful that he was giving up his bed for her and taking the couch instead. It was a kind gesture to be sure. As she looked about the modest room, she smiled at him and took off the top blanket and handed it to him. "You'll need this at the very least," she said. "I don't want you giving up everything," she said.

Ronni's eyes locked with RJ's and she felt her cheeks get hot again. When she looked away, she brought her arms about her middle and went to follow him to where her room would be. With Jack taking the couch and Tessa taking Jack's bed and now she taking his bed, she wondered where that left RJ. She hoped he had some place decent at the very least. "Thanks," she said. "But, where will you be sleeping?" she then asked him, her voice indicating genuine concern for him.

Back
Top Bottom