Little Things You Love

Vanilla coke. But not just any vanilla coke. Its gotta be the coke from 7/11 with the vanilla flavor shot.... in a 44oz cup....*sob* I'm so fat!

*eats a butter stick*

Dr. Nibbles said:
Vanilla coke. But not just any vanilla coke. Its gotta be the coke from 7/11 with the vanilla flavor shot.... in a 44oz cup....*sob* I'm so fat!

*eats a butter stick*

Would fatty like some buttered toast, extra butter, hold the toast!? WOULD SHAMU LIKE A SIDE OF FRIED MAYONAISE BALLS AND SOME GRAVY DIPPING SAUCE!?

Herb-infused olive oil for cooking.

Granola made properly without coconut flakes (nothing against coconut.. just not in granola)

Fresh coconut (have a friend in Costa Rica who has stock in a supplier)

A woman's freshly shaven... anything that should have real hair on it. (lol)

Going to DragonCon and seeing all the people just like me

Ruphhausin said:

Granola made properly without coconut flakes (nothing against coconut.. just not in granola)

Did... Did I miss DragonCon this year!?

Ruphhausin said:

Scratch previous post, It's in August..... I'm buying my tickets later this month and I will see you there. :p

Seriously though, Buying tickets with my next paycheck. And I live less than an hour away from where the event will be, so.....

When you find that perfect golden RP partner... and when that person actually likes one of your ideas, especially one of the more complex ones... even better when, unlike others, they approach it in the way you'd hoped those others you'd attempted to RP it with in the past would have... they actually show serious interest and seriously add to things... it suddenly becomes that complex story you envisioned it to be... you know, without a doubt, they won't abandon you like everyone else has. :) *hugs her RP partner*

Reading THIS. Seriously, I'm glad to see that at least one retailer is trying to make a difference and take a stand. 'Bout time! And damn! The side-by-side of the real vs the airbrush are quite disturbing indeed. No wonder so many girls have self perception issues and eating disorders. And all because of a fucking lie called an airbrush. =/ 'Bout time people started making a change. I give them fucking props!!!

darkangel76 said:
Reading THIS. Seriously, I'm glad to see that at least one retailer is trying to make a difference and take a stand. 'Bout time! And damn! The side-by-side of the real vs the airbrush are quite disturbing indeed. No wonder so many girls have self perception issues and eating disorders. And all because of a fucking lie called an airbrush. =/ 'Bout time people started making a change. I give them fucking props!!!

Maybe I'm biased here (I get infatuated with black women easily), but I honestly think the model in the example they gave looks a lot hotter when untouched by the airbrush.

MJ.... I <333333 you for saying that because I have to agree. She looks healthier and normal in untouched and yes, wayyy more beautiful. The biggest thing though is just that it's 'bout time a company is finally taking a stand here because it goes to show that it's near impossible to achieve such a look without the aid of the airbrush.

Well, apart from dangerous elective surgeries, malnourished dieting and various life-threatening personal choces runway models make to look extra thin for a photo op, you're right. But honestly, the risk isn't nearly a tradeoff for the supposed 'reward'.

True. But even with surgeries and going the route of starvation, I can tell you that your results still wouldn't get you looking like that. Via route of starvation, you'd look more skeletal and even more abnormal than what you see in that airbrush. Via surgery, you MIGHT get closer, but even there you'd see hints of the 'plastic', if you get my meaning. Point is, the airbrush really is a telling lie on the whole deal with perception and it's god awful that it has people--in this instance, girls--thinking and wishing they could be a certain way when that way is nearly unachievable via a natural means.

darkangel76 said:
True. But even with surgeries and going the route of starvation, I can tell you that your results still wouldn't get you looking like that. Via route of starvation, you'd look more skeletal and even more abnormal than what you see in that airbrush. Via surgery, you MIGHT get closer, but even there you'd see hints of the 'plastic', if you get my meaning. Point is, the airbrush really is a telling lie on the whole deal with perception and it's god awful that it has people--in this instance, girls--thinking and wishing they could be a certain way when that way is nearly unachievable via a natural means.

I redirect you to my previous post about abolishing E! and TLC. For they only perpetuate the so-called glitz and glamour of the fashion and celebrity industries.

In the other thread I bitched about DOMS, on the other hand being able to run longer and faster, tacking on that extra ten pounds on your lift and all the other subtle differences that show are awesome. Plus, it gives me an excuse to eat more food!

Back
Top Bottom