Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Corridors - Ground Floor

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Chadwick Zachary Braeden
Blood Type:Pure
Wand:Ivy, 12 inches, pliable and swishy, Core: Eyelash of a Siren
Broom:N/A
Attire:Jeans, Black Sleeveless Shirt
Travel:N/A
Tagging:Norah

Chadwick listened as the woman responded, he noticed her tears but felt it wasn't the time to mock or belittle her for crying. The girl lost something so precious and pure to someone who used and abused her. "I can't get rid of those demons but I can possibly help ease the pain a little bit, make you feel safe like you can fight back and prevent something else terrible from happening, I still haven't gotten rid of my demons I've been dealing with them since I was a kid" ,he told her.

A sigh escaped Chadwick's lips right before he took another drag from his cigarette, an unanswered question burned within him since he was ten years old and that question was why? Why did his parents dump him off on the side of the road in the middle of winter and leave him to fend for himself? That wasn't even the worse part of his miserable existence, the man couldn't even say he had a life or that he was living because for so long he just survived and existed, most of his life he had nobody, his wife left him, he watched his best friend bleed to death in his arms, he himself had escaped death more times then he could count. After dealing with so much loss a man tends to start pushing people away and becomes cold hearted.

"I never did catch your name" ,Chadwick stated trying to cover up his own emotions. The man never showed weakness and he felt sadness was a weakness, crying made you weak and even though he was near incapable of crying his face showed his emotions and if one paid good enough attention they'd be able to notice it.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Norah Ellen Walker
House/Year: Gryffindor/2nd year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Elm, 9 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Supple
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Dark blue skinny jeans, aqua blue fitted long-sleeve knit top with a hood, gray sneakers.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: Professor Braeden

Norah nodded at the professor's words. "Yeah, that would be nice. I try though." She paused a moment, grateful that he wasn't yelling at her any more like he had been earlier in the Great Hall. "Sorry you fight your own too, just so you know. No one deserves that. No one." She wiped the last of her tears away and ran her fingers through her hair, her mind reeling over what his demons might be. A part of her figured they had to be pretty bad and run pretty deep for him to be as he was. "And my name is Norah. Norah Walker. Second year, Gryffindor." She smiled at him. "Didn't catch your name either, Professor. Though I'll be sure to take your class."

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

"Gryffindor huh? I was a Gryffindor in primary Slytherin in secondary, my name is Chadwick Braeden and I don't like to be called Chad so please try and refrain from it" ,he said in response. "I look forward to teaching you but fair warning just because I let you cry in front of me here doesn't mean I'll let you cry in my class understand"? He took another drag from his cigarette and ran his hand through his hair as well.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Attire: Dark blue skinny jeans, aqua blue fitted long-sleeve knit top with a hood, gray sneakers.

Norah smiled a little. "Yeah, Gryffindor. I was Gryffindor back in primary as well. My ex was Slyth..." Her voice trailed and she cut herself off sharply.

Back in primary, Norah'd had a large number of friends from house Slytherin and it had been Leo who had claimed that she was different from most of the Gryffindor he knew and that was why she'd captured his interest as she had in the first place. He'd charmed her, said all the right things to keep her feeling safe. She could still remember the way it had felt when he'd touched her, kissed her... when he'd...

"Anyway, yeah," Norah said. "I'll remember not to call you Chad if you promise not to swear at me again." She gave him a smile. She figured it probably wasn't the most fair thing to say and that he could still yell at her for making such a statement, but at that point, she decided it didn't hurt to try.

Norah then watched Professor Braeden take another long drag off his cigarette.

"And I look forward to being taught," she then added. "But..." again her voice trailed and she looked him as squarely in the face as she could, her nervousness clear, but she held her ground nonetheless and better than earlier. "About the crying? Don't give me a reason to cry and I won't cry in front of you. I never cry," thoughts of her secret place hidden in the deepest and darkest recesses of her mind swam through her head. "Unless for good reason."

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

"I can't promise I won't swear at you I swear at everyone, people tend to piss me off" ,he stated in response to her suggestion. He could tell she was nervous while making it, "But I'll try if that'll make you happy". He said the last part with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, Chadwick was never one to do any favors for anyone but he figured if she was willing to not call him Chad then he could at least try not to swear at her.

When the young woman said she didn't cry unless it was for good reason he looked at her and raised his eyebrow, "I don't cry anymore, haven't cried in nearly ten years it shows weakness" ,he stated. He took another drag from his cigarette and turned his head to blow the smoke out so it wouldn't go into Norah's face. Chadwick then thought for a moment then looked at Norah again, "Wait....when you ran into me in the great hall you were ranting about being punished for being late, did you check in with anyone before following me out here"? He asked curiously. If the girl was in risk of getting into trouble for being late before and didn't check with anyone she would surely be in trouble now. It had been nearly twenty minutes since they had been inside.

"I feel like going for a walk but I'll go back to the great hall and let someone know you were with me first if you want, I need to clear my head you're more then welcome to follow but I don't know if we'll talk as much as we did here" ,Chadwick stated. The man liked to walk it was funny seeing as he had been on his feet most his life, he had gotten so used to traveling and moving around that it was hard for him to stay still for too long unless he was sleeping.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Norah shook her head. "I haven't talk to anyone. I more or less got here and saw to my things getting to my dorm room and ran straight to the Great Hall. That was when I ran into you. I thought for sure I was going to get a reprimand." She went quiet for a moment. "I'm not sure if I need to check in with anyone or not. It's only my second year here. But I do know I'm supposed to be at the ceremony. Only 6th and 7th years have the privilege of missing that." She chuckled softly. "If only I was so lucky. But anyway, not sure. Maybe you could let McAllistair know?"

At that, Norah reached into her jeans pocket and retrieved her wand along with a scrap piece of parchment. She bit down on her lip realizing she didn't have a quill or anything to write with.

"Umm... Accio quill," Norah spoke softly. Just like that, a quill zipped through the air and was suddenly in her hand. She had no idea from where it came nor did she care. Quickly, she scribbled a note on it and handed it to Professor Braeden. "This should be good enough. You can charm it to McAllistair and let her know I'm here and with you." She smiled a bit. "I think I'd like that walk."

Norah loved walks. They were one of her most favorite things in the world to do. She found them calming, cleansing, a means to clear her head and relax especially when done near the water. There was nothing more soothing, or so she thought. As she stood there holding out the piece of parchment for Professor Braeden to take, she found it so strange that not so long ago she felt a bit of fear when he came storming toward her and now, she felt compelled to follow. And as more moments passed, she had the feeling that he definitely had a lot to teach her.

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Chadwick listened as Norah spoke and when she handed him the note he took it then grabbed the quill and signed it, "There's the stamp of approval" ,he stated sarcastically before taking his wand from his pocket and sending the note to the headmistress. He threw his cigarette out the window when he realized it was done then looked at Norah. "So I haven't been here in quite a while so I don't exactly know where we should walk do you have any suggestions? Pretty much anything that will take time to walk to and from I'll be open for" ,he stated. Chadwick liked long drawn out walks when he walked he figured a short stroll was pointless as it did nothing to help him relax.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Norah smiled when Professor Braeden mentioned the 'approval' and then charmed the parchment off to McAllistair. She knew the headmistress would get it and be all right with the fact that her student was safe and sound on school grounds. The woman knew of Norah's past and had tried to help her, but for some reason she never felt overly comfortable opening up to the woman. She gave her credit for trying and liked her quite a lot. But, she just didn't feel that connection or desire to talk to her.

"Well, the castle is pretty well surrounded. I don't suggest the forest. Creepy place that." Norah shivered. "You'd probably like it." She smiled at Professor Braeden, one suggesting that she was kidding a bit. "But on the other side there's The Cove. That's a rather nice walk since you have to take the Cliffside Path to get there and even the path is a good walk in my opinion." She flicked her hair and ran her fingers through it a bit. "I suggest that. Plus, I like walking by water. So, if you're up for that....?"

Norah looked up at Professor Braeden hoping he liked her suggestion.

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Chadwick listened to Norah's suggestion and thought about it for a moment, he scratched at the stubble on his chin before responding, "That sounds good I like walking by the water too" ,he said quietly. "Should be a decent work out too" ,he continued as he thought some more. "Alright let's go for a walk, lead the way like I said it's been a while". Chadwick looked at the girl as he waited for her reaction, he was in a way glad the young woman decided to tag along. Normally he didn't like to be bothered but he could sense a hidden strength in this young woman and he wanted to learn more about and he was sure she would probably want to know more about him.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Norah nodded and tucked her wand away. She then shoved her hands into her pockets. "All right, it's this way." She headed toward the main doors of the castle that would lead outside and onto the grounds. Once there, she pushed at the heavy doors and headed outdoors, her eyes immediately glancing up toward the night sky. The moon was bright as were the stars. "The path is this way," she then said.

(Exit to Cliffside Path)

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Chadwick followed Norah outside and listened as she told him which way to go, when they got outside he took a deep breath and sighed with satisfaction. He was a man that enjoyed the outdoors and the fresh air was nice, it wasn't too hot or too cold the temperature was just right for him.

(Exit to Cliffside Path)

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Attire: Simple green A-line dress with spaghetti straps and matching heels
Tagging: Anyone; Possibly Professor Lupin

Emilia exited the cold of the dungeons and entered the warmth of the castle corridors. As she walked, she continued to keep her eyes fixed upon the stone floor. She was a bit fearful to have them glance anywhere else as she made her way along the long, dimly lit corridor she knew so well. After what happened in Professor Lupin's lab, she just felt beyond embarrassed.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Samson Alexander
House/Year:unsorted/3rd
Blood Type:Half
Wand:Elm, 10 inches, phoenix feather
Broom:None
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Location:Corridor- Ground Floor both inside and outside of it
Tagging:anyone

Samson needed to go for a bit of a walk, though he had thought he would need to do so soon after he got here, he did. He felt like a kind of natural ninja in the school, almost feeling sorta invisable, he could see that being a transfer was going to be a pain in the but. He would support his sister of course, but other then that, well, chances were slim that he would find his footing it seemed. He walked the halls letting out a sharp second sigh as he looked at the door out and decided to just walk out into the town, all the people were focused on the mixer which turned out to be a rather large fail for him as he wondered off into the city.

(exit to Hogsdale Marina)

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Attire: Simple green A-line dress with spaghetti straps and matching heels
Tagging: Anyone; Professor Lupin

Emilia let out a tiny gasp, her eyes closing a little when she felt Professor Lupin's hand gently touch her back. Immediately she felt the heat from it as it touched her skin. She found herself liking how it seemed to course throughout her body, making her feel warm and tingly and... Swallowing hard just then, she tried to clear her head. But it was nearly impossible. His hand wasn't moving and the sensations were strong. She turned her head a little as they walked along the corridors, her eyes taking in the silhouette of his profile as he walked along side her. She liked how it looked next to her own.

Again, Emilia allowed her eyes to close so she that could focus on how Professor Lupin's hand felt on her back. His touch was consuming her the longer his hand lingered. The warmth growing. Her thoughts swam through her mind--about how she was attracted to him physically and intellectually, about how she admired his work and dedication. So many things. Suddenly she realized she was leaning into his hand as if begging for more of his touch and she let out another audible gasp.

Emilia's eyes snapped open, and she turned to look at Professor Lupin again, her cheeks so very red. As she looked at him, she was questioning whether it was all truly the affects of the Amaranth or not. She'd been drawn to him before he'd shown her the flower, just that the flower had broken down the walls of her inhibitions completely. Even still, she was embarrassed that she couldn't keep herself in check. No doubt he had to think her a very silly girl in every way and was probably regretting having shown her the flower at all.

"I'm sorry, Professor," Emilia said again. "I keep embarrassing myself."

(Time Skip -- skipping to morning, exits to The Great Hall)

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Attire: Hufflepuff uniform, school robes.
Tagging: Anyone

Emilia was upset. She'd been indeed excited about attending the mixer this year and had fully intended to give it her best effort unlike her years prior. But unexpected things had occurred. She hadn't expected to meet Professor Lupin or to get as excited as she had about the research she'd be doing with him. Plus, unlike the other years, she at least attended. She at least tried. It wasn't like she hadn't bothered and had just stayed hidden away in her dorm room like she had the years before. It upset her greatly to be accused of such things. Even if she did fancy Professor Lupin, so what! That hadn't been the reason she left. And besides, it wasn't like he'd ever return her feelings anyway.

Angry, Emilia walked through the corridors while waiting for classes to begin. She leaned up against the wall and rested against it, figuring no one would notice her. After all, not many typically did... short, ghastly red hair, freckles. Who'd want to notice that? Nobody.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Attire: Gryffindor uniform, school robes.
Tagging: Anyone

Norah walked out into the corridors, her hand touching her wand, ready to grab it just in case she needed it. The way that Slytherin had looked at her bothered her and had reminded her a lot of Leo. In fact, a lot of the things he'd said made her wonder about Leo. The timing of her letter and just the choice of words he'd used... it just seemed rather peculiar to her and had her feeling a bit ill at ease. She hoped it was just a case of paranoia, her being a bit out of sorts and reading into things. But she honestly didn't know. All she could do really was do her best to be ready for anything and she was already setting herself up there. She'd signed up for Chadwick's Muggle Defenses class along with Donovan's Flying class. Those would certainly help. And then there was just the fact that she had to be watchful in general. She'd always been observant, that was just her way. But now... she'd have to be more so. Glancing over her shoulder, she made sure that the one Slytherin wasn't following her and she walked up the corridor a little ways.

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Attire:Black Jeans, Black Sleeveless Shirt, Combat Boots

Chadwick wanted to catch up with Norah before classes started so he made his way down the corridor looking for her. When he spotted her he walked up behind her then made sure no one was looking before putting his arm on her shoulder. "So what class do you have first"? Chadwick asked softly so that he wouldn't scare her.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Chadwick

Norah smiled and looked over at Chadwick. Letting go of her wand, she reached into her pockets for the piece of parchment that had her classes listed on them. Pulling it out she glanced it over. "Well, looks like your class... Professor," she said and gave him a wink. Her cheeks turned a pale shade of pink. "After that, I have Flying." She paused a moment. "Then I have a short break before I have more classes." She then put the piece of parchment back into her pocket and looked back into his eyes. "You ready to teach me?" she asked. "I won't let you down."

313j76t.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Attire:Black Jeans, Black Sleeveless Shirt, Combat Boots

"Well how about we walk to my class together we can discuss a few things before the rest of the students come in" ,he suggested. He removed his arm from her shoulder then placed his hands behind his back and began to walk. As he walked a little further he noticed a girl leaning up against a wall near the classrooms, he gave her a friendly nod before continuing on.

(Exit to Braeden's Classroom)

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Sees Professor Braeden

Emilia leaned up against the hard stone wall as she waited for classes to start. Still upset along with feeling silly that she did indeed have a crush on someone--on a professor no less--who probably didn't return her feelings, she tried to clear her head. Looking up for a moment, she saw one of the newer faculty, Professor Braeden walking with a student along the corridors. He nodded and gave her a smile so she smiled back in return. As he and the pretty blonde girl walked on past, she let out a tiny sigh. If only she could look like that girl...

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Chadwick

Norah smiled and nodded. "Sounds good, Professor," she said. "I'm sure there are a few things we could discuss before class starts." Flicking her hair over her shoulder, she followed Chadwick to his classroom so that they could talk before class began.

(Exits to Braeden's Classroom)

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name:Ryan Thomas Sullivan
House/Year:3rd Year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Full
Wand:15 inches, ivy and dragon blood
Attire:Slytherin School Uniform
Travel:Walking
Tagging:Emilia, Anyone

It was a hectic trip to say the least thank goodness McAllistair was so understanding and it was a plus that she was happy that he decided to stay at Hogwarts rather then transfer. He may have been there a day late but he would be damned if he was late for his first class, he looked over his schedule as he walked looking up every now and then to make sure he didn't run into anyone. His first class was called Muggle Defenses, he had chosen to take this class because the description intrigued him. Ryan had taken a few judo classes and enjoyed them very much and he wondered if this class would be anything like that.

After looking over his schedule he folded it neatly and placed it back in his pocket, when he looked up he seen a familiar face and smiled kindly. The young woman looked a bit down but Ryan had gotten used to seeing her like this as time went on. He walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder in a friendly way, "Emilia, Emilia, how is it every time I see you there is a frown upon your face? What's bothering you my dear friend"? He asked in a friendly tone.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Ryan

Emilia looked up and her eyes widened a little in surprise. "Ryan?" she asked hesitantly. "I thought you were going to transfer." She tilted her head a bit as she looked at him quizzically, her frown turning into a small smile. "And yes, you could say I'm a bit down," she then admitted, slumping her shoulders a little, her eyes looking at the floor for a moment. "But you don't want to hear about that." She then looked up at him and smiled a bit broader, trying her best to forget about the things Samson had said along with the fact that Professor Lupin would never in a million years ever feel the same way she did... Amaranth or not. "How've you been? How was your summer? What made you change your mind and decide to return?" She giggled a bit, knowing she was asking him a thousand and one questions, but then again, he was used to that from her by now.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

"Yes yes it is me, I decided I just couldn't leave this wonderful place I have far too many wonderful friends I just couldn't leave behind" ,he stated in response with a smile. "As for me not wanting to hear what's got you down that's nonsense and you know it". It was true Ryan listened to nearly everyone when they needed to talk to someone he may have been a troublemaker but he was a good friend. When Emilia asked him all the questions he laughed a little bit he was used to being showered with questions with Emilia so it didn't bother him at all plus he had a bit before class started so he didn't mind answering them all. "Well I've been alright my summer was interesting to say the least I studied a bit of muggle activities and found some of them quite enjoyable, and as I said before I just couldn't leave Hogwarts". He smiled after he finished answering her questions.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Ryan

Emilia smiled and giggled a bit. "Well, it's good to see you back and it's good to see a familiar face once again," she said. "I was hoping the year was going to get off to a decent start, but..." her voice trailed and she let out a sigh. "But, that doesn't seem to be the case. "Although, I am going to be doing some research this year for Professor Lupin. He has a lab and everything set up in the dungeons and he has the most amazing greenhouse ever!" she boasted. And those who knew her knew her second love to animals were plants. "But I'll be helping him out during the year assuming he'll still want me..." again her voice trailed. "But anyway, you studied some Muggle activities?" she asked with a smile. Being a Muggle-born, she was naturally curious as to what those might have been. "What ones?"

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ryan listened as Emilia spoke a confused look came across his face when she mentioned the professor, "Well why wouldn't he want you? You're very bright" ,he stated kindly. When she asked about what activities he had studied he smiled again remembering how much fun he had, "Well I went on a yacht and caught fish it was quite an exquisite trip I'd have to say, I took some self defense classes, and I went to a movie theater and saw a film, there's a bunch more as well I'll have to fill you in when we have a good amount of time to talk and catch up, perhaps I can sit with you at lunch" ,he sated in response to her questions.

Back
Top Bottom