Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

I am sorry I was out, as I had to take my niece shopping. However, this looks very good, and is a great schedule for all classes to be handled.

Also, so people know...... I placed the order of a typical class day in the 'basic layout' thread in the post that has info house passwords and such. That way people shouldn't have issues finding it.

Ohhh.... and another thing while I'm thinking on it..... for pace's sake..... when it comes to classes, there will indeed be a grace period allotted to help give those who aren't able to post as frequently a chance to get their characters into the class. But PLEASE.... seriously, if you are on give us a heads up if you'll be entering a class or not so that we know what you'll be doing especially if you'll be delayed in posting here. It's not fair to those who get their characters into a class and then wait on you and wonder. So, if people could try and communicate what they're doing class wise, at least this first round, that would be kind of nice (not to mention the courteous thing to do) because after the first round we'll know to expect you later on in future classes. Thanks!!!

For me:

Lorelai: Muggle Defenses, DADA
Alice: Charms, Potions... will take Muggle Defenses later (I'm going to have her get convinced to take it down the line)
Norah: Muggle Defenses, Flying, DADA, Potions
Emilia: Charms, Muggle Studies, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures

Can holly assist care of magical creatures
and Katy will be taken muggle defense
Flying,Dada,Charms,care of magical creatures,potions, Muggle studies

As for my Student Characters here is their class lists.

Nicko: Muggle Defenses, Flying, DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Magical Law
Ryan: Muggle Defenses, Flying, DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Care Of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies
Riku: DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Magical Law

Ok..... so, due to a wonderful suggestion, I'm going to be adding in a Detention thread. To keep track of who your character is serving detention for and for what purpose, please be sure to label that in the 'location' slot in your headers. :)

THANKS!

So that people are aware....... both DADA and Charms classes are starting, so if your characters are designated to take them, try and get them at least in the classroom so that those who have characters 'teaching' the class can get that underway. Not doing so holds up progression and causes delays unless the decision is made to just move on in which case your character misses out, which is no fun.

And again, please, if people could let us know what classes their characters are taking (which I've already asked before and have only heard back from a couple), I'd appreciate it. If I don't hear from everyone by the end of the day, I am yet again going to send another blanket PM to all people involved in the RP directing them to this post.

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how important the OOC thread is in a group RP. Communication is the key to keeping things going and keeping everyone on the same page. Everyone should be checking it each time they get on.

Thank you.

I agree with you dark angel76 and just letting you know Holly might only peek in the classes in the future and then make her rounds around the school the first day she wanted to meet all the professors. except the Npc.

Thanks, wildkat. And that makes sense for Holly. I can see her peeking in to check in and let professors know she's around for the first day of classes and that she is there if they need her. And then after that just being around in case of emergencies. Then she can interact with students and professors during their free periods. That totally makes sense for her.

Yea I thought so too also she will end up by her home peeking into the forest not sure but some how i think I want to later use that for some trouble not sure thou might have to see how things go and what you and the other gm have to say about it first once i think of it.

Ashely: DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Magical Law, Muggle Studies
Renee: Muggle Defenses, DADA, Charms, Flying, TransFiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Magical Law
Samuel: Muggle Defenses, DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Magical Law

When teachers enter the classroom for teaching purposes, they SHOULD be indicating what class they'll be teaching in their first post. Just like when class has reached its end, they should make some sort of indication that class has actually ended as well.

I have placed the rough 'time order' of classes in the Basic Layout thread which is a stickied thread in this sub-forum. So, it should be easy enough to find.

You will notice.... hopefully.... that there is a new stickied thread. It's the class roster. I've put in all the classes (in rough time order) along with all the students who will be attending said classes. IF your character isn't listed, it is because you haven't spoken up about them. If you want them added, please speak up. Otherwise it will be assumed that they are not taking the class.

Also, for class attendance. A small grace period (ONE DAY) will be given to allow people to get their characters into the classroom itself. So, when classes are in progress, if you do not think you can get your character into the class, PLEASE let us know in the 'delays and absences' thread. Otherwise it will be assumed your character will be absent (either for illness or skipping or what have you). Students are NOT punished for skipping, so it has no affect on them directly. But this is being implemented to help keep pace for everyone and to give those who might have issues posting a little bit of time to give everyone a heads up. Again, if you know in advance that you'll be slower... USE THE DELAYS AND ABSENCES THREAD TO INFORM PEOPLE!!!

Thanks.

Also..... we get that people may travel or whatever and then have extended periods where they might not be able to post or something. In these instances, obviously it won't be assumed that your character is skipping or ill or whatever so long as we know the deal (emergencies are something else as those are ALWAYS an exception... ALWAYS). But anyway, In these cases, when you can't post, it'll be assumed your character is there and just being 'quiet'. So, no worries. :)

Just wanted to make sure people were aware of that.

Please, everyone, look at the announcement I am posting from the hospital when you get the chance....

Ok.... Professors..... all morning classes EXCEPT for DADA are done. So, if you all want to start up on your afternoon ones, please feel free to do so. :)

Back
Top Bottom