Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A lonely gym leader (fandom x alzayin2099)

Adam smirked wickedly as he saw the leaves and lawnmower hit the Lanturn, but his smirk faded as he saw the Lanturn was still awake and not passed out. He then said, "Well this will be a little more interesting. Rotom! Use Ominous Wind!" The small electric pokemon floated up and down before a dark eerie wind gusted against the Lanturn.

The water of the Hydro Pump started to get caught up in the wind, the stream wavering and shifting, the two attacks clashing against each other. It seemed that this final attack was to be the deciding factor, each Pokemon attempting to overwhelm the other. Perhaps at full strength Lanturn might have stood a chance, it might have been able to overwhelm even the rare Rotom. Unfortunately Lanturn was weakened and disoriented from the previous impacts, and at the last moment it was overwhelmed. Rotom's attack hit with only a fraction of its full force, but it was enough. "No...." Misty stared at her Lanturn as it floated to the surface of the water, unconscious. "I....I lost..."

Adam smirked as he saw the Lanturn faint and then looked at Misty and winked at her. "Looks like we won Rotom! Return!" He pulled back the Rotom and walked over to Misty. "Now now my dear sweet Siren. What was our bet for again if you could refresh my memory?" He said wrapping an arm around her waist.

Misty recalled her Lanturn and grumbled under her breath as Adam approached her, then she immediately pushed his arm off her waist. "One date, but don't think that gives you the right to put your hands on me" She growled and took a step back away from him. "And I don't have anything 'sexy' to wear so you'll put up with whatever I do have you pervert...." She folded her arms and glared at him. "So what time and place then?"

Adam smirked wickedly as he laughed a bit and said, "Awww don't get all mad at me. You did fight rather valiantly as did your pokemon. Also, if you need something sexy to wear, I got a little something for you." he said holding out a wad of cash that she could use to buy her a new outfit. "Meet me in an hour at the Cerulean Riverside Cafe." he said walking outside of the gym. He was gonna have a fun time tonight.

Misty just growled as he gave her the cash to go and buy some new clothes....she didn't need his money....that bastard... "Damnit...why did I even agree to such a stupid bet? I'll just have a short meal with him then tell him where to go..." Misty grumbled, going to pull on some basic clothes so she could discreetly head into town and buy something.

When the time came to meet, Misty was walking towards the cafe in a black dress. It was somewhat low cut, showing off much of an ample cleavage, with one side of the skirt stopping above the knees, whilst the other side reached down near her ankle. Unfortunately Misty hadn't noticed at the time she had bought it that the back of the dress was almost completely open, so she had been forced to come out without a bra.

Adam was already in the cafe, sipping on a cup of coffee and waiting for Misty. The previously rude male had stood up once he saw Misty come into the room. He smiled at her and brushed off his black suit and straightened his tie a little. He pulled out her chair for her and said, "Well there ya go. That just looks amazing. Despite how our interaction was earlier, let's go ahead and be friendly for tonight." he said winking.

Misty couldn't help rolling her eyes at how he was suddenly acting so politely, it was all just a show, she had met the real him earlier during their battle. "Hmph" Misty sat down, then sharply pulled the chair in herself before he had a chance to do so. "Let's just get this over with shall we? I've got my reputation to think of after all. As far as anyone else is concerned I'm just feeling sorry for you, kid"

"Hey now hey now! I apologize for earlier but you and me should get along. I mean I don't know about your reputation. Your reputation is not something you need to worry about as long as this is an enjoyable date. I have no interest in ruining your reputation.....Look. I'm sorry I beat you so fiercely and was real cocky about it." He held his head down a little and said, "I'm not very good with women. Especially ones as beautiful as you. But when I'm in a battle, I just...I feel confident. I feel like I can do anything. And I just thought maybe a date with you would be fun. I'm here mostly because I want to go to that cave over there." He said pointing at the Cerulean City Cave that held Mewtwo....at least it did years ago. The man smiled at her and added, "I'm gonna go there to catch a legendary pokemon I heard about."

"Hm..." Misty just watched him with suspiscion, clearly not believing him, but willing to let it slide for now, if only in the name of getting this over with quickly. She couldn't help rolling her eyes as he spoke about the cave, she had heard that story before, and seen many trainers leave disappointed. "Save you effort, that cave is home to nothing more than regular wild Pokemon now. Any legendary Pokemon left that place long ago...." She should know....Misty had led an adventurous enough life, seen enough legendary Pokemon, been in that cave enough times, to know there was nothing of value left.

Adam smiled at her happily and said, "Well now Misty, that's sweet of you to be considerate enough to not want my time to be wasted. But I think I'll try anyway. Just to have an adventure you know. What if I don't go and that pokemon has come back? I just gotta try it." He sipped his glass of wine and said, "But let's go ahead and have this one meal and then I'll let you get back to your gym. And I'll have my adventure." he said as the waiter came up to take their order.

"Fine, waste your time in there if you want" Misty wasn't about to waste her time or her effort trying to talk him out of a fools errand. If he wanted to head into that cave and get lost like many trainers before him then he was welcome to it. She'd just have to go in and rescue him like she always did with the lost trainers, then she could hold that over him at least. "Hm?" She raised an eyebrow as he sipped his wine, folding her arms. "Aren't you a little young to be drinking wine kid?"

Adam smiled at her and said, "Mmm not really. I think I'm just right." He held up a fake ID and added, "Just don't tell Officer Jenny." He then sighed and ordered his food before looking back at Misty. "And excuse me if you find this to be terribly blunt, but you don't seem very adventurous. Maybe you just got too old and forgot how to have fun." The young male noddd a bit as he looked across at the Cave once more.

Misty growled at his little comment, though she knew he was just trying to get her worked up. "If you must know, I've just been in that cave too many damn times, it's boring is all. What's the point in going somewhere you've been a hundred times before?" She was contemplating busting him for the fake ID, but decided against it for now. After all, she was here drinking with him and she could end up being blamed. She just poured herself a glass of wine and took a big gulp, she needed to get a little drunk to make it through this date. God....she couldn't believe her first date in over a year was with a kid 10 years younger than her.

He smiled at her and said, "Yeah. You are right. There is a chance that I go in there and come out empty-handed. Or there is a chance that I find that legendary pokemon. Maybe I might even find Team Rocket has reassembled and have a master plan involving that cave. Ya never know unless you try. When I was younger and just starting out training, I met a man who went on to become the greatest trainer ever. He told me that he was gonna be the best and that to be the best, you can't ever give up trying." he said recounting the tale. "So let's just have this one date, then you can go home and live life however you like and I will keep trying to have adventures." he said proudly.

"You wont find any legendary Pokemon, or Team Rocket in that cave, believe me. I've been there, been through all that" She took another sip of her wine, rolling her eyes at his story. The greatest trainer ever? How many people had made that claim before? She'd met at least 3 or 4 league champions who had been proclaimed just that, Ash amongst them. "Trust me, I've been through things you could never even dream of"

He raised an eyebrow at her and said, "So that's it then. You had adventures when you were younger so it's okay to not have adventures as you get older? Maybe you just can handle things like when you were younger." he said teasing her as the waiter brought out their food and Adam proceeded to start eating.

"Some of us have responsibilities when we get older, we can't spend our entire lives just messing around" Misty rolled her eyes again, then started to eat as the food came. "You'll learn that when you finally grow up I'm sure"

"One should never grow up in my opinion. It's fine to get older. It's fine to have responsibilities. But people forget how to have fun. Maybe that's why you didn't win. Because you forgot to have fun. You forgot to learn moves that aren't even real moves. Like Rotom ejecting her lawnmower into the whirlpool....speaking of which, I need a new mower now." he said smiling at her as he heard a vibrating noise from her purse. "Oh. Speak of the devil, I guess Rotom possessed your cell phone. If you hand it to me, I can get her out." Adam didn't realize that the vibration noise was too long and too loud to actually be a cell phone.

Misty blinked slightly at the buzzing noise, a slight flush immediately working its way onto her cheeks. She had left her cell phone back at the gym, the only thing that would make such a noise in her purse was.... "I um...th-that's alright. Just...tell me how to do it and I'm sure I can get her out" Misty picked up her purse and began to laugh nervously.

He smiled at her and said, "I wish it were that easy. She is kinda protective over me. She doesn't listen to other women. If you just hand her here, she will listen to me and leave your cell phone alone." He nodded at her as the vibrating got louder and Adam, still being naive at times added, "Wow. That cell phone gets kinda loud. It must feel intense if it's actually in your pocket." he said smiling innocently. It's not that Adam was innocent. He had never assumed that women would carry that in their purses, especially one as gorgeous as Misty.

"Well uh...do you uh.....do you think you can get her out without opening the bag? I mean uh....I'm kinda personal about my bag y'know? It's a girl thing I know..." She laughed nervously again, rubbing the back of her head, clutching her bag tightly with one hand. She really didn't want him to see what was really vibrating in her bag....

He laughed a bit and said, "Ummm no. There isn't really a way to get her out. I mean you can try turning the cell phone on and off. That might pop her out but usually she stays in there until the item is actually used or I get her out." He smiled at her and said "I just don't get why you would be emb-....Oh. It's not....It...It's one of those things?" He started blushing a little, mostly wondering why she would bring that on a date when she acted like she wasn't interested in him at all.

"I don't know what you're thinking in that head you perv!" Misty growled, immediately reaching into her bag, trying to turn the little vibrator off and keep it off. "It's just....it's just my phone that's all! If she'll come out when I use it then...then I'll just go make a phone call in private" Misty started to stand up, holding onto her purse in order to head for the bathroom quickly.

Adam raised an eyebrow the vibrations grew even more powerful and louder. Suddenly Rotom's eyes widened on the toy as it heard that Misty was going to use her. Rotom, still possessing the vibrator, jumped out of her purse and rolled over to Adam quickly hiding behind his leg. Adam's eyes widened a bit too and quickly said, "Oh god. Rotom! Get out of there right now. You are embarrassing me on my date with Misty. God. She is never gonna do this again now." he said softly to his pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom