Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A lonely gym leader (fandom x alzayin2099)

fandom

Star
Misty sighed as she ran a hand through her long, red hair. How many years had it been? She was 27 years old now....it had been over 12 years now since she'd decided to return home and settle down. Unfortunately, the life of a gym leader hadn't exactly been as thrilling as she had been hoping. The competition from the various trainers had been moderate at best. Occasionally she'd get someone good, someone that could actually give her a challenge and beat her, but most of the trainers were just amateur wanabee's. Not even worth pitying with some of her weaker Pokemon.

Still, what drew most people in was the swimming shows. Her sisters still put on the shows, though despite their insistance Misty tended to stay away, and certainly didn't participate any longer.

Of course all this had left her life boring, dull and unfulfilled. "Ugh...." Misty sighed as she slowly walked into the main hall of the gym, dropping a towel, wearing only a form fitting blue bikini. She was going to go for a swim whilst it was quiet. There were few people around the city at the moment, and she wasn't expecting any trainers to come along to challenge her for a few days. "Ahhhh..." The woman sighed happily as she slpped into the water, then dove beneath and began to swim around in the large glass tank, blissfully unaware of her surroundings beyond the water.

A young man of about 17 smiled when he finally arrived at the end of his journey. The Cerulean City gym supposedly had a famous water show, as well as a beautiful gym leader, not to mention there was a legend of a cave nearby that once held a legendary pokemon. The teenager had mostly ventured here to find that legendary pokemon, but he would have been lying if he said he wasn't interested in that beautiful gym leader. He walked into the gym and looked around for anyone to battle.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" The 6'1 male brushed a hand through his black hair and spoke up once more, "Oh you have gotta be kidding me. I'm gonna lose it if this gym is abandoned." He looked around with shimmering green eyes, once he caught sight of the gorgeous woman in the giant clear tank. He walked up to the glass, staring at her for a moment, lost in her beauty The young male nervously closed his black jacket with the words Fair Play in red on the sleeves and on the back and zipped up to hide his pink t-shirt that had a ditto face on it. It was of course an embarrassing gift he only wore on laundry day.

He then reached into his blue jeans' pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen and scribbled on it quickly. He tapped on the glass several times and held up the paper which said, "Sorry to bother you. Are you the gym leader?" He smiled nervously and waited for her response.

Misty didn't notice someone entering, she just continued to swim around, occasionally surfacing for a deep breath of air before she submerged once more. It wasn't until there was a tap on the glass that she suddenly looked over, blinking at the sight of a young man stood there, a note against the glass. She blinked and move a little closer to read it, before nodding slightly, suddenly swimming upwards, a slight blush on her cheeks.

She hadn't wanted anyone to see her, and almost certainly she wasn't going to get a chance to change out of her bikini before the guy wanted a match. She'd just have to battle like this. With a deep breath she emerged from the water, swimming to the side where she had left a few towels and climbing out. "So you're a trainer?" She called out, draping a towel around her shoulders and looking down at him. The bikini clung to her body tightly, water dripping from her all over the floor.

"Well then, I suppose you came for a battle to try and earn a gym badge hm? Well despite what you might have heard, this gym is no pushover. You ask me, this is one of the toughest gyms around"

The young man smiled when he got her attention and saw her surface and come to talk to him. He laughed a little and said, "You kinda get defensive about this place? I wasn't coming here to say this place was a pushover. But I'm sure I've faced tougher gyms." he said opening his jacket to reveal badges from every region. Unfortunately, for the young male, he had forgotten that he had zipped up the jacket to hide his dorky pink ditto t-shirt. He quickly closed the jacket shut to hide his wardrobe choice.

He blushed over this embarrassment. He pulled a pokeball off his belt and pressed the center button causing the ball to grow. "Now you can be all tough talk as you want. But unless you make the stakes serious and put your money where your mouth is, all the talk doesn't mean anything." he said spinning the pokeball on his fingertip. Secretly the young man was just trying to keep calm about the beautiful woman wearing a bikini during their battle.

Misty raised an eyebrow as he opened his jacket, her eyes drawn more to his pink shirt than the gym badges he was wearing. She glanced back up at him, folding her arms as she watched the cocky teenager seeming to brag and get himself worked up. Had she ever been that stupid as a kid? Well....probably.

"Fine, but don't go crying for your mom when you lose after getting yourself so worked up" The woman turned to head for the opposite end of the arena, climbing up to stand at one end of the large water tank, several platforms floating on it. "Since you're so good, I'll just go ahead and use some of my strongest Pokemon. I'll even let you choose how man we use for the fight"

The young man smiled at her and laughed a bit. "You are kinda cute when you act all defensive. How about you and me make a little extra side bet to go along with the standard money and badge bet deal?" A smirk crossed his face and the young man spoke up. "How about when I win, you and me go out on some date-like scenarios?"

The young man was always very confident when it came to his pokemon. He had been blessed in his life with strong pokemon. Some were specialized in their usage. Some were rare. Some were just pokemon that had been with him for a while. This battle would be a piece of cake. He tossed out his first pokeball, which contained a pokemon evolution solely from his homeland of Sinnoh. The pokemon was of course a 6 foot long Yanmega.

Back in the old days Misty might have been embarassed by cute comments like that, but she'd heard it all before. "Hm?" The girl raised an eyebrow at his mention of a bet, and when he mentioned a date she did manage to blush, her eyebrow twitching. "You little...." She grumbled, then folded her arms. "Hmph, and what about if I win? If you get a date for winning, then what do I get for winning? You're gonna have to offer something pretty damned good for that"

The young man smirked calmly at her comments and said, "Oh if you beat me...I'll let you get whatever you want. Within reason of course." His Yanmega flapped its wings rapidly buzzing around the pool playfully. The teen winked and said, "Oh and if I win, you gotta wear something sexy for the date too. So are we ready to go at this sweetheart?"

"And what makes you even think you have anything I want?" Misty frowned, pulling a Pokeball from her bag beside her. Sure, the boy was handsome....but that cockiness....Her eyebrow, and fist, twitched when he mentioned wearing something sexy, already talking like he was going to win. "Why you cocky little...." She tapped the button on her Pokeball and tossed it out quickly, a moment later a large Gyarados appearing in the tank of water, roaring loudly at both Yanmega and the boy. "When I win I'm going to make you get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness!"

The young man, Adam stared up at the large Gyarados and smirked as he heard Misty talk to him again. "Well if it's any consolation, by the end of our date, you will be on your knees begging as well." he said smugly as he decided to start the battle. "Let's not postpone this any longer shall we?"

The Yanmega flitted and flew around the gymnasium keeping it's distance from the larger Gyarados. Adam wasn't the least intimidated. He had seen pokemon as tiny as a Hoppip beat pokemon as big as Snorlax. It wasn't anything to get him worried. "Yanmega, start us off with an Air Slash!" Adam watched and waited to see Misty and Gyarados' response.

"Why you filthy...perverted..." Misty growled angrily, if they hadn't already started the Pokemon battle she'd go over there and beat the crap out of him herself for a comment like that.

"Gyarados! Dive under the water and then use Hydro Pump!" It soon became clear why the water tank was so large. The Gyarados easily dove beneath the surface where it was protected from the air slash attack, before a huge torrent of water suddenly burst forth straight towards the flying bug Pokemon.

"Oh it's so cute when you get all flustered. Trust me. You hate the idea now but it grows on you so to speak." he said laughing a bit. The young trainer was hoping to get the redheaded leader to get too distracted to battle wisely. It hadn't worked just yet but he could make it work usually.

Adam spoke up once more. "Yanmega, dodge it quick and use supersonic." As Yanmega moved away from the streams of water, weaving in and out, it finally stopped to shoot out a supersonic noise which would confuse Gyarados. Unfortunately, some water managed to find it's way to Yanmega's wings, forcing the pokemon to land on one of the islands in the middle of the pool. Adam took advantage of this opportunity for Yanmega to use Sunny Day to dry out it's wings.

This boy was really starting to piss her off, but Misty quickly calmed herself, trying to regain her composure. He was trying to distract her from the battle, make her focus on him instead of his Pokemon. Before Misty could issue another command to Gyarados however the confusion hit, or at least partially. The water distorted it, but it still had an effect, Gyarados starting to thrash around in the tank. Its tail emerged from beneath the surface, thrashing around, and by sheer luck came crashing down on the platform that Yanmega had stranded itself on, sending the platform to the very bottom of the water tank.

Adam's eyes went wide as her wild beast beat down his precious Yanmega by sheer dumb luck. He gritted his teeth and called back his injured Yanmega. "Yanmega return." He shouted as the pokeball pulled back his creature. He frowned a bit and said, "You got lucky with that one. You won't get as lucky with my next pokemon."

He tossed out his next pokeball, which contained a large Empoleon. The pokemon struck a fierce intimidating pose before it hopped under the water swimming in and out quickly. "EMPOLEON! Use Metal Claw!." The Empoleon breached the surface of the water and lunged at the large Gyarados with it's Metal Claw attack.

"That's what you get for underestimating me" Misty couldn't help but smirk as she watched the Yanmega being returned to its Pokeball, Gyarados seeming to calm as the confusion wore off, its head once more emerging from the water just in time for Empoleon to appear. Gyarados let out a terrifying roar at the other Pokemon, then dove under the water after it.

"Gyarados!" Misty couldn't get a command out in time to prevent the Metal Claw attack from striking, Gyarados reeling back and slamming into the side of the water tank, but not out just yet. "Gyarados! Use a bite attack!" The large Pokemon lunged forward with a mighty stroke of its tail, streaking towards Empoleon with its fangs bared.

Adam smirked once the Metal Claw attack landed against the Gyarados' scaly skin. The young man shouted out once the sea serpent pokemon lunged forward towards his smaller Empoleon. The penguin pokemon waited for it's master's command and reacted, hearing Adam say, "ICE BEAM!" Empoleon unleashed a large white beam, layering ice over the pool and the Gyarados.

Gyarados was midway through it's attack and had little chance to dodge, taking the force of the Ice Beam head on. The attack itself wasn't the only thing that harmed the Pokemon, it's momentum carried it straight into a slab of ice that had been formed, Misty gasping as the Gyarados struggled to stay conscious. "Return!" She quickly pulled the Pokemon back before it could take anymore damage, reaching for another Pokeball. "One a piece it seems...." She expanded her second Pokeball, before tossing it out. "Starmie, go!" The star shaped Pokemon formed in the water and immediately dove under. "Starmie! Use Whirlpool!" The pokemon quickly began to spin beneath the waters surface, creating strong currents, starting to form a whirlpool in the center of the tank, gradually pulling in more and more of the water, and whatever was inside of it.

Empoleon quickly got caught up in the whirlpool, although Adam didn't seem to be worried. "Go with it, Empoleon!" he shouted through the water as the penguin quickly swam in tune with the whirlpool, going around and around faster and faster. "Drill peck!" The Empoleon began to twirl around as it gained speed as it grew closer and closer, until it finally jumped out to slam into Starmie with a Drill Peck attack.

The Starmie couldn't stop spinning as the Empoleon streaked towards it, though the fast rate of its spin was enough to deflect some of the attacks force. It was however enough to send Starmie into its own vortex, before being flung into the side of the water tank, barely able to stay floating in the water, injured and disoriented from the attack. "Starmie!" Misty frowned, the Pokemon could likely continue fighting, but it would be too dangerous. "Starmie, return!" Misty quickly recalled the Pokemon, then reached for another. "Last Pokemon...." She stared at it, tapping the button to expand the ball. "Lantern!" As the Pokemon appeared in the water, it may not have looked very tough, but it was very dangerous. Not only a water Pokemon, but an electric type aswell....and in a tank filled with water that was very dangerous indeed.

Adam smirked a bit and said, "Well then cutey pie, looks like you are gonna be spending a bit of time with me on our date. I promise that you and me will have such a good time, you won't ever want it to end." Empoleon jumped up out of the water staggering a bit as it tried to balance itself. The pokemon was on it's last leg after that drill peck. Empoleon stumbled a bit as Adam said, "Empoleon. You still okay?" Empoleon turned around and struck a fierce pose for it's master. "Good work buddy. Use Shadow Claw." Empoleon dove under the water and weaved in and out of the columns, moving closer to Lanturn until it was ready to strike.

"Hmph.....cocky fool...." Misty folded her arms, watching as the Empoleon stayed in the water, moving quickly towards her Lantern, seemingly moving in a way as if it was trying to avoid attacks. "Lantern! Thunderbolt!" The advantage of having the Pokemon in this large water tank soon became clear. With the Pokemon submerhed underwater there was no need for Lantern to even try and aim its attacks. The second it unleashed the bolt of electricity, the entire tank became electrified, spreading the attack to every single point, esuring that it hit Empoleon with near full force.

Adam frowned as he watched his strong Empoleon taken down by Lanturn's electric attack. He held out his pokeball calling back Empoleon. "Okay then. Looks like we are down to the final bit. I got my trump card all prepared." He tossed his pokeball out only for a push lawnmower to appear. The lawnmower suddenly grew green eyes and a row of sharp teeth as it bounced from pad to pad in the middle of the tank before Adam smirked once more, "Rotom! Use Shadowball!" The pokemon-possessed lawnmower formed a large shadowy ball that it shot at Lanturn.

Misty was confused at first by the appearance of a lawnmower....though when she heard that name her eyes widened. Rotom? That was a very rare Pokemon indeed....how had this guy managed to get his hands on one? Still, that didn't matter, what did matter was that this thing was an electric type....it would be resistant to her attacks. "Lanturn! Use whirlpool!" The Lanturn was struck by the shadowball, phased but not out, then quickly started to move, beginning to form another whirlpool in the large water tank. Misty wanted to throw the Rotom off balance whilst it was on one of those platfoms, hopefully enough to disorient it whilst she attacked.

Adam smirked a bit and said, "Don't think you are gonna beat Rotom that easily!" The young man looked at his Rotom and shouted out. "Rotom! Use Leaf Storm and then use eject!" The lawnmower pokemon jumped up and down excitedly as a flurry of razor sharp leaves swirled around the whirlpool at rapid speeds. Then Rotom rolled off the edge quickly slinging itself into the whirlpool only to eject from the lawnmower and float safely above the whirlpool, leaving Lanturn trapped in a whirlpool of Leaf Storm and 1 lawnmower.

A grass type attack? Misty hadn't been expecting that from a Rotom, though given its form she supposed it made sense. "Damnit...." She growled, looking over at Lanturn. "Lanturn! Use a Surf attack!" The Pokemon quickly stopped spinning, ceasing the whirlpool and attempting instead to create a tidal wave to disperse the leaves and lawnmower coming towards it, though it was too little too late. The attacks hit Lanturn at a reduced force, throwing the Pokemon into the side of the water tank. It wasn't out just yet, but it was certainly dazed. "Lanturn! Use Hydro Pump!" The Water Pokemon quickly started moving, attempting to hit Rotom with a powerful blast of water.

Back
Top Bottom