Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Shani

The puppetman frowned and stood up and began to allow his strings to form him back to what he looked like before. "I...I'm sorry...I only intended to be Nathan for five minutes...to...to just get your mind off of it to know he's here...I was trying to leave so that you knew that Nathan was here and think he would be here the entire time until he actually came back..." He murmured, not yet leaving as he explained himself to her.

Satine fell to her knees, she knew not what to do, she wouldn't be at ease until he was home if he was still 'alive.' If she could cry she would have, but her body shook vigorously. "Five minutes?...what if he doesn't return at all...what would you have done then? I would have discovered the difference anyway you wouldn't have been able to stay as him..." She stated, though she didn't yell at him to leave again unsure if being alone would be worse in this state, her head sunk down devastated, she wanted her friend, her lover, and her partner, immortal life wasn't worth living without him. 

"Satine...I am certain he will be with you soon enough..." He said as he moved over and knelt down next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "You must have faith...Come...Take a rest...I will go out and search for him. I can move about without being noticed...Just rest and I will search for him."

Satine stayed there trying to calm herself, maybe she was over reacting, but she needed him. Satine jumped as she felt his hand on her shoulders. "When you are as old as I am...you start to lose your faith." Satine stated full of sorrow. She picked her head up and looked at him. "Would you?" She wanted to make sure he would and wasn't trying to trick her again.

He nodded. "I will. I am able to go into the sunlight...I am not able to be seen if I wished it to happen. I will search for him...There has to be reasons why he has not shown..." The puppetman said with a frown as he looked to her with confident eyes to match the frown. "I will bring him back." He turned and began to walk toward a window. He moved the curtain slightly to peer out and looked to her. "I advise you to get under some covers or something before I depart, Satine...I don't want you to burn."

Satine looked both saddened and slightly hopeful. "Please... find him and bring him home." she stated softly. Satine watched as he walked toward the window, as  soon as the sun shone into the room, Satine instinctively backed away from it. She climbed into bed hiding from the deadly rays of light. 

He carefully slid out the window and was gone the instant he left the manor, his body disappearing into string that floated along the wind. He went off to find Nathan in the city, moreover, rather than the woods. There was no place to hide in the day in the woods. The best he could have hoped for was a bunch of charred skeleton remains from what used to be Nathan.

Eventually Darian would knock on Satine's door. "Madam Satine...Are you alright...? Its been some time since I left...I've come to check up on you, Madam Satine."

Satine hid herself in the dark blanket, she saw the light through the fabric. Once it was dark again she looked out. Seeing that the coast was clear she uncovered herself, 'I might as well try to rest...' She thought laying down in her bed cuddling into her pillow and blanket. 

Satine opened her eyes expecting the puppetman and Nathan to be home, then realized it was Darian's voice. "Yes Darian...I'm alright...please come in." She replied sitting up looking toward the door. 

Darian opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind him. He stood beside her and bowed to her before looking to her as he spoke. His eyes seemed to be empty, after all that had happened. They seemed lifeless as he spoke. "I am sorry to say that I have not yet seen Master Stone come in through the front or side doors."

"I've yet to see him either Darian...I'm starting to fear the worst..." She stated sadly, she needed him more than she thought she did. Satine looked into his eyes so cold and lifeless, something was wrong with him. "Darian have a seat...."she offered. "What's wrong, dear?" satine asked softly.

He sat down beside her and shook his head. "There is nothing wrong with me...I just wish to fill the emptiness that is my heart." He said with a sigh as he looked to Satine. He frowned as he looked to her. He had just lost Katrina and he returned to the woman he secretly cared for as well. Ever since he has served Satine he's dreamed of her being his lover, though never spoke of this. The sudden loss of the other woman he loved made him think that there was nothing more he could lose now.

Satine tilted her head, "I know that look....and I know that feeling...I'm sure you will find someone or thing to fill your heart...." She stated, she could remember all the times her heart was empty, granted being immortal gave her time to fill it. But this time had hit her so sudden, if unable to find Nathan she would depart from the world, losing the will to live. Satine gently placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to smile softly. Though unsure if he'd have the time to find a lover, with his condition. Satine had spoken only to Nathan about possibly leaving the world and she planned to keep it that way. 

He gently placed his hand on hers when he felt it on his shoulder. He smiled to her gently and stepped closer to her. "I might have already...I've lost someone I've cared for already...And I do not wish to be alone for my last moments on this planet..." He said as he leaned down, breaking character and placing his lips gently on Satine's, hoping that the first girl he had ever loved would accept him as hers...even if her heart belonged to Nathan.

Her smile faded, "I'm sorry Darian...who? I understand I wouldn't want to be alone either...but what is worse is being alone forever..." She stated sadly and it was true, if Nathan did in fact leave, or died, and she decided to live her heart wouldn't be able to bare the sorrow of having another love to have them leave or die. Satine looked at him curiously as he
leaned in close to her, her eyes grew wide as his lips met hers, but she didn't pull away and her eyes closed. His kiss was soft and gentle, but her heart was Nathan's and wasn't free to just give. Satine then gently broke the kiss, "....Darian...I..." she wasn't sure of what to do. 

"Its fine...I know that Nathan is your lover. I just wished for one last kiss..." He said as he stepped back. "I fear my body decays faster as days go on. The fight with those werewolves did not help either...It only made my brittle bones that much more frail and my skin more paper thin." His smile never faded as he looked to her. "I will return if Master Stone arrives." He turned and began to leave.

Satine's face saddened, "Oh Darian...you get weaker by the minute don't you...? I'm sorry...are you sure you wish not for a new life? With no sickness, or death except the sunlight and hunters, you'll be stronger and faster..." Satine didn't want Darian to die, he was sweet and caring, though she knew that was not the life he wanted. "Alright, I still have another hour or two until sunrise, I'll see you later.?" She smiled softly, watching him leave. 

Katrina finally calmed down feeling hungry and thirsty she came down from her room and into the kitchen for food and water. Still hurt and broken hearted. 

Darian would see Katrina as she passed down the hall, but said nothing to her as she walked by. He remained silent and allowed her to pass as he continued to his chores throughout the house so that he could help the other workers keep the house clean for the masters that lived there.

Matrons had walked by without saying a word, but after they passed each other she looked back at him, saddened, if her cat ears were there they would be to the sides. She loved him, and she was so hurt from before she had acted rash, but he seemed to go on like she never exsisted. She made her food then sat to eat. Once finished she cleaned her dish and went to do her chores.

Eventually he had gotten to a chore where he would have to be forced to help Katrina clean up, as everyone else was already busy with other matters. Darian said nothing to Katrina unless it was necessary as he helped her clean up the Banquet Room, the largest room of the house where guests of honor ate whenever the masters would throw a ball party and the likes.

Katrina and Magenta would normally work on this room together but with Magenta in the cage she couldn't help so Darian had come in. She had no idea how to speak to him at the moment only speaking when necessary. Katrina was at the other end of the room opposite from Darian. Then finally she couldn't take, she stopped and walked over about mid way. "Darian....I'm...I'm sorry...I over reacted..." she stated looking at him then looked to her feet grabbing a rag to scrub the tables and chairs, she said what she needed too, and went to turn to finish cleaning

Darian said nothing. He had already decided not to start anything with her. His body was dying. He would soon perish, and he would rather die a human than live immortal as the very creatures he trained his entire life to hunt. He did not want Katrina to feel lost when he suddenly died, for he never planned to tell her himself about his predicament. "Its alright. Don't worry about it." He said gently as he continued to clean, not even looking at her as he said this as he focused on cleaning the Banquet Room.

Katrina turned around, "I wish I could...not worry...but I do...I like you Darian...I really like you...so when you called me a stupid cat, though by accident...it hurt me...I've never really felt this way before...maybe I'm just confused..." She stated, unsure of her own words afraid he didn't like her but after he had held her hand, and showed her his erection she figured he liked her too, but she was still unsure.

Darian shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It was just an accident. I had no idea you were the cat." He replied as he continued to clean. "Just go rest or something. Get your mind straight." He said as he moved to the other end of the room to clean off that side now that he was finished with the one she was on. He was getting tired, his body getting weak as he forced himself through sheer willpower to stay up until she was gone before he'd collapse and rest a few moments.

Katrina tilted her head and looked down, "I know...but..." she stated, and sighed, realizing he showed no real signs of liking her. 'Probably his hormones reacting..before... He probably never liked me...' she thought, if in her cat creature form her ears would be to the sides and her tail would be down, showing unhappiness. She watched as he moved to the other side.."I'll go switch places with someone then...I'll see ya later..." Katrina stated as she walked out, she told him her feelings and felt like a fool. She hurried away from the room unsure of what to do, finding someone to take her place in the banquet room. Once the other was on their way she took their job of dusting the pictures in the hall. 

Two days would pass since then. There had been no sign of the puppetman or Nathan. Darian was in Satine's room, sitting on the bed next to her as he tried to calm her down and keep her from destroying herself. "Madam Satine...I'm sure they're alright..." He said gently as he looked to her with a frown, wondering what the hell happened to Nathan. It was bad enough that Nathan was gone, but now the puppetman was gone after he was looking for Nathan to make Satine happy. That couldn't have been easy for her.

Back
Top Bottom