Etheral (Mr. Nibbles and Mech Pilot)

Souma was still recovering himself from the extreme pleasure he felt, when the woman suddenly vanished from where she was as if turned into eletricity. What was that? What had happened? He could feel the heavy weight of the enormous Katana in his had, but was too astonished to comprehend the kind of power he was carrying in his hands. Something was definitely really different about it. About all that. Then he heard she call to him, but noticed it wasn't his name. He was Souma, not Souji. And she was angry. He could feel it in her voice. The caring, loving tone she used until then had changed and he felt himself in danger. He felt powerful, it was true, but somehow, he could sense she was just way stronger then him.

"Eh? I'm Souma. Didn't... you knew that?" - he replied, swallowing hard. She was just as threatning as she was sexy if she wanted to. That mask was making difficult for him to see straight and even to breath, though he felt incredible power in it as well. - "I don't really know any Souji-san. I'm just Souma." - he tried again.

Even though he did not know exactly what was happening, he knew he had to protect himself, as that woman certainly wasn't kidding. He wished they could talk it over, because for some reason he felt really fond of her, but couldn't be certain she would settle for just talking. He just hoped they wouldn't have to fight. - "Please, why are you so angry?! What did I do wrong?!"

The woman floated forward, the hairs on Souma's arms and neck standing on end, volts of electricity dancing between them as she approached.

"You look just like him." she began, her voice even heavier "You sound just like him. You smell like him. You fuck like him and you even bare his mask and Zanpakutou just like he did. But you AREN'T him... he would never finish, no matter how lustful he was for me because he LOVED his wife... you are not Souji... you are something else... How...how did you find me... and what have you done with him!"

She lept, her moves so fast that she seemed to vanish momentarily before slashing down at him with her statically charged blade arm.

"Wa-wait a moment!" - Souma pleaded, stepping back as she approached him, floating through the air as if gravity was non-existant. The eletricity flew around them, and he could feel both of them were in charge of that power, even though hers was stronger. And that put him in danger as he knew he was not strong enough to go against her. He needed to convince her of the truth, as it was the only way he could leave that place, wherever it may be.

"I'm not this Souji person. I said, I'm Souma, Minanino Souma!" - he answered, trying to avoid conflict. - "I'm sorry for what I did! I really am! But you're so pretty, and I couldn't control myself! I'm really sorry for it!" - he answered, and then he saw her attack coming. What should he do? He wasn't even close to being as powerfull as her.

Even then, he slashed back, at the incoming sword, hoping to parry it if the blade in his hands, and not being slashed in half by that strange and pretty woman in front of him. - "I don't know! I don't even know who you're talking about! I've never met this Souji person, and you're the one who appeared to me! I thought you're were here to help me!" - he shouted, not knowing what else to do.

"I would never help an IMPOSTER!" she said again cleaving at Souma's head with raging-force. "I did not appear to you, you appeared to me!"

Her voice crackled with tear-filled rage. She was choking back the tears, obviously hurt by this betrayal and violation of her flawless flesh.

An imposter? He wasn't an imposter. He never meant to hurt her or to violate her. He would never do that to anyone. It wasn't an honored thing to do, and he felt truly ashamed of it. What could he do to make it right? Couldn't he even do anything? He was taught that for a woman, certain things were sacred, and he had defilled that in his blissful ignorance, being an thoughtless, stupid man, just like any other. That was unforgivable.

Knowing that, understanding the feelings of the woman before him, he couldn't fight anymore, even if it was for his own life. - "I'm sorry. I never... I never meant to. I thought you feelings were for me... I am trully sorry..." - he said then, and closed his eyes, letting go of the sword in his hands. He would take punishment like a men, instead of simply denying his fault. It was the honoured thing to do then.

He waited for her sword-like arm to cleave at his head, fear of death gripping at his gut, but he did his best to ignore it, though tears of fear and shame found its way to his eyes, even thought, when he opened his eyes at the last minute, his eyes were brave and decided.

Suoma held his head in shame, awaiting execution for what felt like minutes. His arms shook in fear as tears struck the cold stone, freezing on impact. But the execution never came. Suoma looked up at his assialant who had dropped to the ground standing over him with a ponderous look in her illuminated eyes.

"You ARE Souji..." she said with a mix of confusion and love. "Aren't you?"

She dropped to her knees, the electricity disipating and the skull mask crumbling. Her eyes were red crying behind the guise of her terryifing vissage. She quickly leaned in and kissed him deeply, her tongue romantically flowing into his mouth like water.

Souma looked up, slightly surprised that the execution stoped midway. He was certain it was the end for him when the sword was suddenly swung down at him so strongly. He was rather relieved to see he was still alive though. He look up at her energized eyes, and the thought that it made her even more beautiful did crossed his head as he watched her in awe, surprised to be still breathing. He felt he had to answer her honestly, even thought it could put him on the spot once again.

"To be honest, I still don't know who Souji is. My name is Minamino Souma, and I understand little about what is happening. I just remembered a lot about Zanpakutou, Shinigamis, Captains and Hollows. And I do remember this is not the first time I met you." - he answered, as honestly as he could. - "But, I really don't know who Souji is. I only know that you're important to me. Really important, thought the reason on why, its not that clear."

Then he was surprised by his mask falling off and he kneeled in front of her, touched by her sadness. He hated to see girls cry, even more if it was his fault. - "So, I'm sorry, if I wronged you. It was never my intention..." - he apologized sincerily. Then he was surprised when she kissed him, and could not do anything but retribute it. He did it gently, caressing her tongue with his own, while sucking softly at her lips. Being with her was the best thing he ever felt. Now he needed to discover who she really was, and what were their relation. Why did he remembered her.

Her neck craned back, she looked at him with loving eyes. They embraced and she sobbed into her shoulders. He could hear muffled words in between her cries.

"I-it's you...but...but its not you... you're... his soul...but not him..." she looked up at him kissing him angrily and then backing away with disapointment. "He's dead.... isn't he."

Souma didnt know if she was talking to him or herself, so he assumed it wasnt' him.

"I'm sorry, I just thought, once you appeared that it would be you again... I didn't think that because it had been so long..." She cried into his arms then curled up letting him hold her thin frame. "Do you love me?" She asked quietly.

Souma embraced her tightly, even thoug he was unsure to what to say to her and how to act. Things went on way to fast for him to really grasp the situation, both from bad to good, and now he was somewhat affraid he could make everything go bad again with just one word from him. He did not know what to answer to her. His soul, but not him? What was that supposed to mean?

"I don't... really understand what you're talking about, miss..." - he replied, looking at her, slightly surprised by the angry kiss she gave him, and the disappointment in her eyes when she said he was dead. - "I don't know. If he... Souji-san is dead... but... I'm here." - he said to her, without knowing if he should say that to her. - "And I don't really know who you are, and what's our relationship. But I do feel I love you. I feel you're very important to me. Something I can't live without."

He wrapped his arms around her, and hugged her tightly. - "I do love you." - he said, firmly, while his embrace tightned around her thin frame. - "So you can count on me. Even though I'm not the one you love, and I don't know exactly what's going on. I'll be with you. I promise!"

She backed away from him, her arm held out at him. In her palm she held the hilt of a katana the blade facing toward him. She looked at him greatly.

"Then we will discover together what happened to my love." she gestured at Suoma to take the blade. "You will harness your inner power."

The world grew dark, red ribbons floating aroud her. Her kimono turned pure black and the woman's face evaporated into a skull, her eyes glowing a grim blue.

"You will become a shimigami."

Souma looked at her, gravely, knowing she was trusting him with something dearly for her. For some reason it did not seem as if she was just giving him a Katana as a gift, or lending him power. If felt more like she was giving him a part of herself. For some reason he felt moved by her words, and touched by her actions. He wanted to help her. Even though he did not know what lied on their way he wanted to help her find her answers, and also felt he would need her power to keep moving forward. Even though a million times ran through his head while he looked at the blade in her hands, he only took an instant to decide in what to do.

He took the sword, nodding at her. - "If that's what it takes. I will." - he answered, his voice souding a lot more confident then he imagined it would sound. - "I will help you search for answers and I will keep moving forward!" - he grabbed the sword and lifted looking at the transformation the woman underwent right in front of his eyes. What was she, really? He didn't know but for some reason wasn't scared of her. She did not seemed to be an enemy.

"I'll become what you need me to." - he asked of her, gently. - "So please, help me and guide me through this path!"

As he took the blade a second transformation underwent the woman. She seemed to be absorbed by the blade as he took it, she began to glow brightly and blue and white electric volts dancing around her. She vandished into the blade, her black kimono falling limp and wrapping around his naked form. It seemed to cling to him perfectly. As she was absorbed the katana grew in size and power. Souma felt her inside his body soul and mind. They were one as long as he held this blade. He now knew her name: Tentsurugihime. She was not his lover... she was his weapon...she was his partner...his mentor...she was his zanpakutou, and he was her Death God.

=======================================================================================================

Suoma burst from his body with violent force, the "dead" Suoma fell to the ground with a hard thud and the spiritual form of Suoma landed atop of the energetic Rukia. She looked up at him with sparkling eyes and blushed. He looked down to realized his hands instinctively landed on her breasts to help him brace his fall.

"Well you seem frisky." she said smiling "I don't blame you, you came in your pants while you were passed out."

"Tentsurugihime". The name was carved into his mind when she as absorbed by the blade and he finally understood what she was. What they both were. She was the spirit of his Zanpakutou. His. She was his power, his weapon. That is the true nature of their relation and why he needed her to be on his side. But he knew that wouldn't be a problem anymore. He would devote himself to her and knew she would help him with all she had. He felt nearly invincible, as if beside her, he could face anything and anyone, defeat every monster hidden in the most dark corners of the foulest worlds in existence. He felt like a true Shinigami.

----

His eyes snapped open as he was forced out of his body, and he felt the softness of Rukia's body once more on his hands, this time him being the one landing on top of her. It seemed that was becoming costumary for the two of them. Even though, for some reason he knew she wasn't the real Rukia. She was someone else in Rukia's body, for the time being, just Energetic Rukia. He saw her blush and looked down, being slightly distressed by the fact that once again he had touched her in an innapropriate place. He listened to her, and blushed slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." - he said, though she did not seemed to be all that distressed by being touched there, different from the original Kuchiki Rukia. He blushed even more when she said the rest of the sentence. - "N-no I didn't! You're imagining things!" - how could she say something like that so directly? He felt so embarassed he could die, but he had no time to dwell in it. - "Anyway, I'll go help Kuchiki-senpai! Can you please take care of my body for me?" - He finally realized that he was out of his own body, so, technically dead, but decided no to think about it now. He had more pressing matters to attend to. - "Before I forget, what is your name?"

After her answer, Souma gave her a quick nod - "Thanks for helping me! I'll be going now!" - and then he jumped, running through the cemetary, headed in the direction of the crypt from before, where hopefully Rukia would still be ok, even if facing that monster. He would hate to be late on something so important as a person he knew being in danger. Even if, incredibly enough, she was also a Shinigami. Not only that, but Rukia was also one of the only people right now that could help him make some sense of the mess he was in. After all, with the few answers he got from Tentsurugihime, came a thousand of other questions.

"Kuchiki-senpai! I hope you're ok!" - he muttered under his breath as he sped up in her direction.

"Sure thing!" she said as he asked her to watch his lifeless body. "My name?" she pondered for several seconds. "I guess its Kuchiki Chappy since I'm in a Kuchiki body."

As she mentioned the last name she poked Rukia's belly as if not entirely used to being made of flesh and blood. She then sat next to his body her eyes close to his "corpse" and her bum in the air, no sense of desency in sight.

"Be safe, Minamino-san!" she said in a tone of alien glee as he darted out of the alleyway toward the cloude covered cemetary.

======================================================

The daemon threw the small form of Rukia against another headstone. Her back smashed against it, arching as it shattered. She fell to the ground spitting blood and shaking from the pain of internal bleeding.

"I'ghur khagyrun aqshy'phak" it cackled cryptically, making a graveled screech that could be descerned as a laugh.

She reached for her white Zanpakutou but it grabbed her by the throat with one hand. It said more cryptic words and laughed again. She struggled for escape but saw it futile. As it laughed at her misfortune she spat blood and spittle into its faceless mouth opening. It hissed and tossed her into the ruins of the tome with malice.

"Shyish'phak!" it teleported in front of her, its jagged sabre held high, ready for the death blow.

As Souma approached the cemetary he saw the last blows trade between Rukia and the monster-like creature he know not how to classify. It obviously wasn't one of those Hollow's he could remember from the memorys shared with Tentsurugihime. He had no time to wonder what it really were, as what he saw made him fear for Kuchiki-senpai's life. She was being thrown around like a rag doll without being able to fight back. Rage boiled inside of him, and the resolve of protecting her got stronger, though he did not know if he could win against that thing. Rukia seemed to be a lot stronger then him and ended up defeated, so he was uncertain if he could do something about it. He knew he had to try though, so thinking about it was useless.

But could he make it in time? He was still far away from the battle, and the creature was going in for the final blow. He had to do something. He thought hard about what to do, trusting the little knowledge he had about all that. A technique came to mind. Something called "Shunpo". Movement technique, speed based. The perfect asset for him at that point. He focused on it. It needed to work, he needed to help her.

Souma was between them the next moment, Tentsurugihime cutting through the air with amazing speed to parry the opponents blow. He was lucky to have trained Kenjutsu since a young age, so blade wasn't a stranger to him. He knew how to handle it pretty well, and somehow Tentsurutgihime seemed to be forged solely for him to use. It felt perfect on his hands. Both blades grinded against each other as he deflected the oponent's blow, saving the one he wished to save from harm.

"Stay away from Kuchiki-senpai! I won't let you lay a finger on her anymore!" - Souma shouted at the oponent, fearless. He could feel Tentsurugihime's power flowing through him, and had no choice but to believe it was enough to save her. - "Kuchiki-senpai, are you ok?!"

Rukia could not utter any words, she just looked up at Souma, her jaw slack, blood dripping from the corner of her mouth. By the time she could reply all she could mutter was his name.

"S-Souma-san!" she screamed.

But before Suoma could understand what she meant the daemon kneed him in the ribs, cracking them easily. He doubled over in pain, allowing the daemon to easily bat him across the cemetary with the flat of his blade.

The daemon looked up at the new Shimigami with anger, he took a quick glance at the broken form of Rukia, barely stablizing herself. He raised a hand out and sent a black bolt of energy into her body, causing her too look dead with paralysis.

"Dhar slaa." is moaned gliding over to the defeated Souma.

Souma gasped in pain as the knee hit his ribs, and he could clearly felt them breaking, even hear the horrible cracking sound they made when shattering under the immense strentgh. He could do nothing but grab his side as his body doubled over, a mute scream on his lips, pain so strong even his voice died on his throat. Could something be so strong as that monster was? Souma was feeling almost invincible with the power his Zanpakutou lend him, but was easily overpowered by the daemon. The enemy then flung him across the cemetary with the flat of his sword, and this time he did scream in agony as he crashed against a wall.

All he could do as he recovered himself was watch in awe as the black bolt of energy paralized her. Anger boiled inside him. Couldn't he protected her, really? Even having achieved that state, and gotten a hold of the power of a Shinigami, would he just see her die like that? He couldn't accept it. He breathed hard a few times, taking in the pain he was feeling, and then got up, doing his best to ignore the pain radiating from his ribs.

"I told you to stay away from Kuchiki-senpai!" - Souma shouted, and dashed to the enemy, sword in hand. When he got closer, he quickly sidestepped, and swung the blade horizontally trying to slash the enemy in half, above his waist.

The daemon blinked into a cloud of green smoke, rolling out of the blades way. The blade tugged against the smoke and the daemon rematerialized, stumbling for mere seconds before regaining its balance. It looked down at its breastplate to see the blade chip off a piece of his armor's color. The blackish-green armor had a long silver cut down it mass from shoulder to hip. The daemon cackled in a dusty laugh.

"Shyishdhaos hish'y leth nurgh" it laughed, its very words seeming to bend reality. It pointed to the chip in its armor and charged at Souma with a laugh of pure evil and hate. "Neth akshyek!"

Souma grinded his teeth when the deamon disappeared in a cloud of smoke, his blade harmlessly cutting through it. 'Damn it!' thought the boy as he quickly backed away, affraid of the counter attack. That certainly wasn't good. When the creature reapeared though, he noticed a scratch on his breastplate, and wondered if hitting the smoke did that to his enemy. Maybe the armor and the smoke technique were related? It was a possibility. Anyway, he couldn't do more then keep trying to cut the enemy. It was the only thing he could try at that point, if he had any hope to save Kuchiki-senpai.

"Shit. I need to stop it..." - he complained, the laugh of his enemy making him even more uneasy. It was a profane sound, something horrible to contemplate. He saw then, as the enemy charged at him. He only took a moment to consider his options and then lunged right back at the oponent. He wouldn't back down. He would fight with all he had, and win. That was the only way to save his friend. He waited until they were really close, and lifted the weapon above his head, bringing it down on his enemy's head as strong as he could.

The being divided into two clouds of smoke. The green cloud whisped by Souma harmlessly before reforming behind him facing his back and slashed at him. Thankfully, Souma was far enough forward that his back was barely out of range of the blades tip and only cut his back deep as opposed to severing him, mid belly.

The daemon slid on his metal boots, the momentum of his leap carrying him to where Souma was standing. With a furious bellow, the daemon charged again as soon as it stopped towards him with both hands on the hilt aiming for his ribs again.

As the daemon grew closer Tentsurugihime appeared again, completely naked but concealed by a corona of light that shone from behind her.

"Shine" she said before her image was obliterated by the charge of daemon, meters away from the kill.

Souma gasped in pain as the enemy's blade cut through his kimono and skin, luckily avoiding to split him in half through the distance he had put between them as the enemy passed by him. That was on wicked technique. To become fog when he attacked, pass by him and materialize again so it could slash its oponent in the back. How could Souma defeat it? Plainly? He couldn't. Not like that. He would need more power for that. He was really useless. Even with the strentgh the zanpakutou had lend to him, he still couldn't save himself and his friend.

He was about to give up when his spirit guardian show up oce again, to guide him. 'Shine'. What could she mean by that? She was the one shining wasn't she? Or should he shine? He did not have the chance to ask her as the image was soon obliterated by the enemy that charged against him once more. He needed to trust his gu. And it said he wasn't the one who had to shine. She was. The sword agreeded with him somehow. She was the star, the source of his power. She was the one meant to illuminate his way. She was the one meant to...

"Shine, Tentsurugihime!" - he shouted, feeling the reiatsu blazing from the sword.

Both Rukia and the daemon halted their breaths as the felt the powerful reiatsu. It flinched, stumbling from its failed attack at the energy around Souma increased to a dramatic level.

It can't be thought Rukia he's been dead for...centuries

The glowing green orbs of the daemon seemed to shrink, as if it was squinting to see the powerful new foe he had angered. His constant, hideous laugh was stopped by a slow, choke in its voice. It stepped back, its sword held in a guard stance. This "challenge" of an opponent had just gotten more powerful, way more powerful.

Souma's own breath was caught on his throat as he felt the absurd amount of energy released around him. It was simply overwhelming. He could feel it running throught him, around him, surrounding him. Pure, raw power. Tentsurugihime was indeed amazing. Not, not only her. They were, as one. Shinigami and Zanpakutou. That was their power. He felt the sword change in its hand, elongated like a sword, a lot more threatning then before. The grip was larger, but stil felt just as right on his hands as before. And even thought he had never trained with a Naginata, the knowledge in using this new shape of his weapon seemed to come naturally.

He looked at the enermy, with renewed determination on his eyes. - "Not so cocky now, are you?" - he asked as he entered his battle stance. - "I've been holding her down until now. But from now on I'll show you Tentsurugihime's true power!" - he shouted, concentrating his reiatsu on the sword, making eletricity run throught the blade and around it. He was ready. He could do it. He could save Kuchiki-senpai. - "Prepare yourself!"

And then Souma kicked the ground lunging forward to the enemy, as fast as he could. He needed speed, to cut his enemy before it could shift into its fog state. When he was finally getting closer, he lifted the blade, but instead of attacking tried to use the Shuunpo technique once again, to appear behind its enemy, and slash fro above behind his back, to lower the chances of him turning to smoke on him.

The daemon's body seemed to stiffen as its soul-bound form was forced into paralysis by the electric power of the Zanpakutou. It tried to move but could barely shift. It got enough strength to parry the foreward blow, but the attacking Shimigami vanished. With a cry of twisted agony the blade penetrated the ancient and thick armor like tinfoil, seperating his upper left half from the rest of its metalic body.

The iron hulk fell in two broken pieces, the lower half shattering into mere fragments of metal while the other dragged itself with one working hand, defeated for the first time in eons.

Rukia felt her body freed from the dark magicks of the spectre. She took in a heavy breath and quickly limped over to the suddenly god-like Souma.

"S-Souji-sama...." she said, dropping to her knee, her forehead almost to the floor partly out of respect and partly to hide her embarassed, blushing face "I've heard legends but I had no idea...forgive me for being so rude earlier.... I...I didn't know..."

Souji was amazed to see his attack had worked, and a wave of euphory ran through him when he felt the sword digging into the creature's armor and flesh, ripping apart it's monstrous form and defeating it once and for all. He was breathing heavily but could feel the power still running through him. He felt truly invincible. It was amazing, even though, for some reason, it seemed that she still had a lot power stored in her, ready to let loos. So much potential he knew he probably just couldn't handle yet.

He looked down to the defeated enemy and the million fragments it shattered into, relieved the battle was won. He sighed in relief, and turned to Rukia once he saw she was approaching. He was rather distressed and she approached him so respectful and formally. - "Ah, Kuchiki-senpai! You have no reason to apologize." - he stated, kneeling in front of her. - "You're confusing me with someone else. I'm just Souma." - he explained.

Then, seeing the state she was in, it seemed pretty silly to discuss all of that now. - "Are you ok? Here, let me help you..." - he sealed Tentsurugihime once again, and sheathed it on his back, supporting Rukia and helping her get up, one hand around her waist, the other grabbing her hand and wrapping her arm around his shoulders. - "What is happening here? Do you know what that thing was? I don't think that was a Hollow." - then he saw once again he was losing his focus - "More importantly, is there a way to help you with your wounds?"

Back
Top Bottom