Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

our island adventure (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

Bob stopped to look and found him laying face down in the sand. His heart sank for a moment until he approached Orion, only to find him playing with a bug. He picked him up, tickled hem and carried him in to his mother. "Typical boy!" he said, "playing with bugs!"

Aurora watched as Bob went outside and found Orion, she smiled as he came back in, "little bug boy" she looked back at Bob, "I guess we should probably build a door that closes better so he can not escape when we are not looking"

"Either that or fence the yard." he said laughing. "Watch him now, I'm headed down the beach after the wood from that boat. we will definitely need it now".

Aurora smiled and watched as Orion played. She held Luna in her arms for a while but she was getting sleepy. She saw the old trunk laying in the corner, it only had a few things in it and she cleared those out, and then laid some blankets inside and then laid Luna in it so she would be safe.

After five trips up and down the beach, Bob finally had recovered the timber from the boat and stacked it in front of the house. Then he walked around the house looking for a good place to extend it. The back seemed the best option. He took his long knife and set about clearing the thick vegetation. after working two more hours, he was spent and came in the house, tired and hungry.

Aurora had made a type of vegetable stew as she could not leave to go fishing with the kids. She was on the floor playing with Orion when Bob finally came in. "hello dear, are you hungry" she asked a little as she got up and got him so water.

"I am famished" he said. "it was a lot of work. I am going to add a room off the back of the house just for the kids, I think we have enough lumber" he said. He sat down, and waited while served dinner.

Aurora went over to the pot and got a huge bowl of food for him and gave it to him. The she got a smaller bowl and set it aside. She then picked up Orion. "time to eat buddy" she set him at the table and then got his bowl blowing on it to make sure it was cool as she helped him eat.

"You need to eat too", Bob said " seeing the pot nearly empty. He saved some and put it in front of her. "your feeding two, and probably three now." he said.

"I will eat don't worry, but Orion needs help and you work hard all day, you both need to eat. If worse comes to worse i will have some fruit later."

When bob was finished eating, he took the spear and went to the lagoon. He caught a couple decent fish and cleaned them at the pool, and brought back the meat. While Aurora fed the baby, he cooked the fish for her and peeled some fruit. When Luna had had her fill from Aurora, he hook her and handed Aurora a plate of food. "now you eat young lady."

Aurora watched him suddenly leave after he finished eating, she wondered why he went. when he returned with the fish she smiled but shook her head. "you didn't have to do that you know" she took the food and ate some she left him half a fish and little for Orion. She gave Bob some. "here since you should have some fish to eat, i am full" and then took the fish to Orion oh quickly at it.

They played with Orion for the rest of the evening, and finally put him to bed. "Well life has certainly changed,"
Bob said, "But i like it."

"Yes it certainly has, but i agree i like it, I mean both the children are so loving. and I hope that our child is happy here"

"The child will be. What a wonderful place to grow up especially with brothers and sisters. This is such a nice, safe place, and we really have all that we need.

"yes we do. I hope we have the perfect life here. I never want our children to want for anything" she smiled a little and looked across the room to make sure the children were sleeping.

Bob caught her watchful look and said "I thought you weren't a good mother. Obviously that's not true!" he said chuckling. "you have all the right instincts. Don't worry about a thing."He said.

Aurora looked at him obviously he caught her checking on the children and she blushed a little. "I hope your right, but still i can't help but think if these children were with their real mother right now, would have done things differently, and better than i could ever do"

"well that cant happen, we are what they have, and both of them seem happy enough, so lets not worry about what might have been, but is not. You are their mother now and I am their father and we ill just have to do the best we can. Just as their first parents tried to." He hugged her and smiled. "It will be just fine"

"I hope we make them happy, and I hope we can do right by them. Just as we will for our little one" she placed a hand on her belly were their child grew inside her.

Bob was thrilled that she seemed to finally be at peace with the situation. He would work hard the next week at building the room off the back of the house. Finally one afternoon, it was complete. "Well what do you think? will it do?"

Aurora worked at fixing up the inside of the house making it safe for the kids. She had made each child some clothes as well as she made sling to hold Luna around her neck so she could still work and keep the baby near. When Bob told her the room was done she looked at it. "oh this nice and big, i think the children will be happy in this room." she kissed him "thank you for building it."

They worked together to finish the inside. It took many days of effort, but on the last day Bob brought in a surprise for Aurora, newly built cradles for Luna, and a baby not yet born or named.

They moved the extra bed into the children room for Orion to slip on, and the only trunk Luna had been sleeping in, when he brought in the cradles Aurora almost wanted to cry. "Oh bob they are so wonderful"

"I though we should have cribs for the Babies." he said. One is for Luna, and the other one is for our unborn Baby." He hugged her and put his hand on her belly as he did.

Back
Top Bottom