Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

an officer (gentleman?) and the lady ( picklechiffon and wolvenrogue)

Elizabeth sighed as Robert touched her. The warmth of his hand was so enticing against her flesh. She leaned into it a bit more, kissing him softly.

“I love the feel of your hands on me, Robert,” she said softly as she moulded herself closer to his palm.

She licked her lips gently as she started breathing faster and deeper. The sensual strokes of his fingers against her tender flesh, slowly stroked the fire of her desire higher and hotter. A soft moan escapped her lips as Robert's fingers gently explored her skin.

Robert softly caressed her and and his middle finger layed along the length of her slit as it moistened under his touch. His finger slowly sunk benieth the fleshy fold of he lips and into the intense heat within her. He softly kissed her neck and and caressed her with his lips. He longed to expose her full breasts, but his left arm only hung usellessly at his side. he tried to work at the buttons with his teeth but ti was a futile effort. Finally he just laid his head against her soft warm chest and continued gently playing with her pussy, trying to let his mind focus on her, and not his own inability.

Elizabeth gave herself over to the feel of Robert’s stroking hand, and she called his name as she let go and finally came. Wrapping her arms about him she pulled him close to her, as her body trembled.

“I love you, now and always.” She said softly. “Regardless of what comes, my heart is yours. But I know you will get better, and one day be able to play that instrument, for me and for the baby.” Her eyes shone as she looked at him.

They would be okay, he’d see. In a couple of months he’d be almost as good as new, and then they would have their happy ever after.

Elizabeth's response to his touch made Robert feel good. he almost felt like he was worth something again. The recovery was going to be very slow. He knew this, and somehow would have to find patience with his body. For now the little victories were all he was going to get. He decided to live for those moments and bear up with the bad when it came. He had a family to raise. and he didn't plan on letting them down.

He kissed Elizabeth passionately though he could only feel her lips on one side of his face, and said "I'll do my darndest darlin, I'll get better some how.

(sorry, going to skip in time a bit)

Elizabeth enjoyed the touch and feel of Robert’s love making, even more so in the days to come, as they explored new ways to please each other. She smiled as she saw him try to push his own ability, to get better. And every night, he would sit with the strange instrument and hold it, plucking a few strings before setting it down.

As she grew rounder with her pregnancy, she was grateful they were in the city, and they had the help of the neighbours for what it was worth. Robert had known many people, and most of them were friends, or as close to as he came. They all somehow managed to help in some way, to make sure they were comfortable.

Winter began encroaching on the fall, and Elizabeth found it difficult to move. The ice was not something she chose to negotiate given her state. There were lots of long nights, alone with Robert, just touching and exploring each other.

It was on such a night, before the dying fire as they gently caressed each other, Elizabeth felt his fingers twitch on his damaged hand as it lay over her swollen belly. Her breath caught, as she looked into his eyes.

“Do that again,” she softly whispered. She had clearly felt a twitch of his touch, but more so, the baby seemed to have as well, as it shifted closer to Robert’s hand.

Robert tried to move the hand, but though he strained, he could not duplicate the movement he had made. After a frustrated ten minutes of trying he gave up and tried to relax, only to have his hand twitch involentarily again. Though he tried with everything he had, he could no will his hand move by force of his will. He finally relaxed again, greatful for the small progress, but still frustrated. He kissed Elizabeth, "I can't wait to see our child", he said.

“Neither can I,” she whispered.

He’d been able to move when he hadn’t been focused on it. Maybe that was a good thing, a sign that recovery would eventually come for him. She could see in her mind Robert holding their child and was completely warmed by the image. Soon, she stroked her hand over her tight belly.

Soon, they would know this being they had created together, she just hopped he recovered enough to be able to do everything he wanted to with the baby.

They had drifted off to sleep holding each other. Robert woke to the smell of smoke. He looked around and the little house was on fire. He picked up Elisabeth and carried her outside. He grabbed a bucket and started throwing water on the flames from the horse trough. He worked hard and got the fire out , but the house was badly damaged. He walked over to Elizabeth, "are you alright?" he asked. he picked her up in his arms and kissed, her. "My god I'm glad you are alright!" he said Suddenly he realized he was holding her in both arms.

Elizabeth was rattled, the commotion causing her brain to nearly seize. It wasn’t until Robert was holding her tightly in BOTH his arms that reality started to sink in. “I am I am alright,” she said softly repeating the words more to reassure herself than anything else, but then she looked up at him.

“Robert, your arms,” she whispered softly, not wanting to break whatever magic was in play. She reached up and touched his face, still slightly slack from his palsy, but significantly better than the last moment she remembered truly looking at her love.

She glanced back at the small house, the damage was significant, and she sighed, lucky and thankful for their lives, as it certainly could have been worse. But the repairs needed on this place were going to be astronomical.

Robert sat on the wagon, and set her in his lap. "Why don't we just move back to the mountain?" He said. "I can take care of you now" he said, shaking his left arm almost in disbelief. "We have time to get back in before the snow hits. Its so much nicer there. I'll work on repairing this my self, and we'll just come stay here a week or so when your time is close. Besides we can move back there quicker than fixing up this place."

Robert wanted out of the city in the worst way, and was willing to do almost anything to get back to the cabin. Only then, would he really feel home again. Life in the city was just existing, not living for him.

Elizabeth just nodded. She knew city life wasn’t in Robert’s blood. The cabin called to her as well, and with him able to handle chores now, there was no objection to it.

“I would love to go home with you.” Elizabeth said softly as she let Robert lead her to the carriage. “it makes sense, to fix this place up, if nothing else we can sell it again, but I know the cabin is home.”
Elizabeth nestled into Robert’s arms as she guided the carriage out of the city into the hills.

The ride to the cabin was shorter than she remembered. Soon she was gazing up at the place she thought of as home, her entire being filled with happiness.

Robert opened the door and they went in. Things were pretty much as they had been when they left. Robert pulled the dry pine bows from the cabin while Elizabeth swept up the shed needles. He took down the dry goods from the rafters, and primed the water pump and filled the coffee pot, the built a fire. It looked a little more like home. They would have to share the old cot mad of sticks that they had had when they first moved in, but to Robert, it was like heaven, even if it was a bit more crowded with Elizabeth's very round belly and full breasts. Now that she was settled, Robert took the wagon back to town to salvage what he could from the town house, and purchase some needed supplies for the cabin.

Elizabeth watched Robert leave back towards the city. She focused on cleaning the pine needles from the floor and dusting the furniture. Once both of those tasks were done, she opened the windows to allow the cool mountain air to circulate through the stuffy cabin.

She fluffed the bedding, and winced as she looked at the tiny bed. They would have to fix that, in her condition there was no way this was going to be comfortable for either of them. She made the bed though. Then began making a stew of root vegetables and some late season onions she found just off the beaten path leading into the forest. Soon the savoury smell of stew filled the cabin, along with the scent of bread, rising by the hearth.

Robert went through the house. He found the dulcimer , miraculously undamaged, and also thier bed. He loaded them onto the wagon together with what little was left of the kitchen, where the fire had started. He gathered up their clothing though it was badly soiled with smoke, as was the bedding.
he loaded the wagon and headed back up the mountain. When he arrived at the cabin , he was greated by the smell of good cooking he came in and hugged Elizabeth. " I love you so much!" he said.

Elizabeth kissed Robert as he swept her into his arms. She laughed as he twirled her about. “I love you too,” she said with a smile. It gave her a lot of joy to see him happy. Gently though she pried herself free and went to the stove, she placed the bread into the oven, then turned back to him.

“Was there anything to be salvaged?” She asked hopefully that at least some of the baby items she had gotten while in Boston, had survived the fire. She sat on a chair as she prepared to listen to Robert’s rendering of his salvation trip, ready to make new lists of things to buy if need be.

She watched as he moved her eye critical.

The mountain air seemed to be doing him a world of good. Aside from a slight compensation for his left side, he seemed in perfect health. Elizabeth said a silent prayer of thanks as she focused in on his words.

Robert brought in the bed frame. The bedding had been ruined and would need replaced. Then a large trunk, which had been filled with the baby clothes. It was undamaged, but smelled of smoke. Everything in it would need laundered. He brought some kitchen items which were dirty but usable, and last he brought the dulcimer.

He sat on the bed and put it in his lap, and for the first time played a chord, clear and sweet. He smiled at her, as she went through the salvadged baby things.

Elizabeth dished out a bowl of stew for them each, and a piping hot roll from the pan she pulled from the stove. She sat on the floor and began sorting through the trunk, as her food cooled. The baby items were all intact, but as with everything pulled from the debris, they smelled of smoke.

She sighed. Tomorrow was going to be filled with laundry, mountains of laundry.

She made a bit of a list for Robert to purchase items when he went back to the city. But thankfully that list was small, bed linens and some new clothes for them both and just some staples. She set aside everything for the wash tub and then took a bite of her dinner. Her mind was already setting up the space for the baby here in this cabin

Robert took her shopping list and went to town. He spent an hour at the town house, and estimmated the lumber he would need to repair it. He went to the general store, and ordered the lumber, and purchased the supplies on Elizabeth's list. He headed back to the cabin.

When he returned he found Elizabeth buried in a mountain of laundy and clotheslines everywhere. "where are you?" he said laughing. Finding her he pulled her to him and kissed her.

Elizabeth laughed as Robert kissed her. “It’s not nearly as bad as it seems. Everything is cleaned. It just needs to be hung to dry, but I couldn’t tie the line off myself, since it’s getting too cold to hang them outside.” She simply shrugged her shoulders.

She would have done it, but as tall as she was, in her condition reaching to tie the line off on a beam in the cabin was not going to happen. She had everything sorted though and ready to go as soon as Robert arrived to rescue her. She broke out of Robert’s embrace to let him hand the line and then she began hanging the clothes.

In short order the clothes we up off the floor and sailing in the rafters.

Robert set to work hanging the clothes lines and helped Elizabeth with the hanging of the clothes. when the work was done he pulled his very pregnant wife into his arms, and said "You look possibly as lovely as I've ever seen you. Blessed and glowing with a child, dressed simply and working in your home. There may be women with more lurrid an apearance, but none half so precious and fine as you, he said. They laid back together on the old cot and cuddled. I wasn't long before first Elizabeth, and then Robert were both fast asleep.

Elizabeth settled into the cabin, happily and easily. Her days were filled with baking and tidying. She soon was very heavy with child at five month as Christmas approached she was beginning to feel the burden on her body that the baby was causing.

She stood on this beautiful day, gazing out the lone window on to the snow covered ground, her left hand perched on her belly when she felt a sharp pain in her side. She nearly doubled over with pain, before she realised the baby was kicking. Rubbing her hand in circles over her swollen belly she smiled as Robert trudged up the path, and the baby calmed. Definitely this child was going to be Daddy’s special little one.

Robert couldn't have been happier, he was finally back in his beloved cabin on the mountain he loved with the woman he loved, and she was carrying his baby. Life truly couldn't be better. Winter was now in full swing and he he had plenty of work to keep him busy just keeping Elizabeth warm and safe, so she could do the same for their baby.

Robert liked being busy, it was good for a man's soul. He chopped another pile of wood for the stove and carted it in the cabin stacking it neatly by the door. The cabin had never been so neat. It had lost all its rough edges, rounded and smoothed by the loving touch of a woman and a mother. It wasn't a camp, it was a home.

Elizabeth was pleased with the cabin, and on Christmas Eve, it felt like the most perfect place to be. She had trussed up a wild turkey Robert had snared, and the smell of it along with some delicately seasoned root vegetables permeated the small cabin. A small but full spruce in the corner gave off a pleasing hint of the out doors, and it was decorated with small hand crafted pieces of stitching she’d been working on in the mornings under the high sun of the season.

Elizabeth was very pleased with herself. Given this was her first Christmas out here, in a new home, with her new love, the only thing that would have made it more prefect; was if the baby had already been born to take part in the first as well. But soon. She rubbed her belly softly. She could feel it moving now, on a regular basis, stretching and kicking.

“Robert, if you can pull the pot from the oven and put it on top of the stove, dinner should be in about 20 minutes, I am just going to make a gravy and some dumplings.” Elizabeth smiled at him as she watched him work, offering a silent prayer to the powers that be, that he had nearly completely healed.

Robert went to the stove, and opening it, pulled out the pot, it was heavy, but his arm seemed strong and he set it on top of the stove. His face tingled at the heat of the stove, it was the first feeling he had had there in months. It wasn't comfortable, but it was feeling. " Elizabeth! I can feel my face! it hurts, kind of burns in a way, but i can feel it!" Bob was jubilant and taking the dulcimer started playing Silent Night.

Elizabeth smiled as Robert played his instrument while she finished off dinner. Once the gravy was bubbling and the dumplings perfectly steamed, she set them out on plates, and carefully carved the bird. Setting a generous piece of meat on his plate along with the dumplings, vegetables and gravy, Elizabeth set the plate in front of Robert then fetched her own. As they sat down to their dinner she couldn’t help but smile and be thankful for the wonderful blessings in her life. She was looking forward to spending the night in front of the fire and watching the snow come down.

Back
Top Bottom