The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

"Prepare both. I'll get to work on the scrambled eggs and hash browns." He said nodding his head. He takes another sip from his cup and got to work. The twins entered that kitchen and began having fun around them. "Make more, make more, Jack is back" the sanged before they hopped back out of the kitchen. Oliver looks at Nicole and nods to her to make more.

"Forgive her, it'll be a while before she's fully alive." Shawn chuckled and got dressed. He heads over to jack knowing he would want his statement. The faster he get to this the quicker the chance he could clear his name. "I've already herd from Adelay about this and I got to say it's knida hard to believe. You made a good call requsting me since I love working with the strange." he told him.

Nicole frowned and looked at Oliver while she opened the packages of breakfast meat. "Why is Jack here again?" She asked. Not that she minded but he was a detective after all. If he was here to visit, she was sure someone would of told her. If it was unexpected, which to her it was, she figured something wrong must of happened last night or earlier this morning.

Elizabeth groaned again and yawned whle opening her eyes. "Well that's good." She stated, getting up. The earlier she got up, the earlier she'd be able to wake up. Forcing herself out of bed, she went to her closet and pulled out a cream colored outfit. "Since you are strange yourself." She giggled, going into the bathroom to change.

Oliver remembered not seeing her in Adelays room. He filled her in on what happened last night. "I'm willing to bet that he's here to get to the bottom of this." He said finishing up the hash browns.

Jack walks with Shawn to the kitchen. "I must ask you to give me a full statement of what you saw and don't try to leave anything you. Your head is on the line afterall." He told him as the male cleaner nod. "I was out of bed at 11:55pm. My stomach was empty , so I decided to go to the kitchen for a midnight snack. I looked around making sure the twins weren't up because they love those types of snaks as much as me. I looked in the fridge until I saw some candle light. I saw Logan walking out the backdoor, ignoring me and stright into that tree. Before I knew it, I saw him get sucked down into the ground." he tells him before sighing.

Elizabeth came down with Mercedes followed by the twins who were just as bubbly as ever. Adelay was a bit late since she hadn't gotten much sleep. Her white hair was pulled back into a bun with loose strands down her face and a black victorian dress covered her body. The twins sat at the table, having a 'sword fight' with their butter knives.

Nicole helped Oliver finish the food and putting it into platters to be served at the table. Once she was done, she filled a new pot of coffee for the table along with white milk and chocolate milk for the rest of them who didn't want to drink anything else.

The gardeners soon appeared in the dining room. Ever since their fall out, they have rarely been on speaking terms, but they still worked together. Jack and Shawn came in next leaving only Adelay to come and join them. "A green glow?" The detective asked him. All Shawn could do was nod his head. "I can't say if it's possible or not. What's so special about it any how?" He asked before sitting down.

Mercedes chimed it. "The Lord of the castle is buried under the tree. When he died, Logan requested to have a tree planted over the grave, as a memorial. Sort of like as the memories grew, so did the tree. And since trees live a long time, Logan figured it would be best." She stated softly and smiled at Allie who sat down beside her.

Jack closed his eyes and nod a bit. "I can probbly see that happening then. some sprits don't just cross to the other side that easily." It was possible that Shawn was it the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course, it could also be a hoax and the cleaner really did killed him. More cles was a definate must if he wants to solve this case. The cooks come out with breakfast while the others waited on thier mistress.

Adelay came down and sat in her chair wordlessly. She was still tired and she was irritable. So she was enough to upset and she'd lash out. The twins gave her, her cup of blood and they sat down, eager to eat their breakfast.

It seems as if he was the only one not trembling in fear, besides the twins. He calmly read through Shawns testomony while eating some eggs and drinking some coffee. "I would like to see this tree, if you dont mind." he said to them. "Shawn I would suggest you relax in your room. It's the only way that no trouble could be caused any further." He added. With a simple sigh, he nod his head and agree to do so after breakfast.

Mercedes nodded. She and the gardeners would go and show him the tree. Allie ate silently while Mercedes sipped at some coffee and ate some eggs and toast. The twins gobbled their food down. It was actually Adelay who spoke. "If you find anything interesting," she stated, looking up at Jack from her goblet of blood. "Do let someone know."

"Of course. I will do what I can." He said and finished up breakfast. Once everyone was done, they all headed to do their job. Shawn heads to his room while hoolding Elizabeths hand. Jack walked with Mercedes, Allie and Andrew to the tree. "Here it is." Andrew said and the detective walks towards it. It looked ancient as he sees the trees signs of aging. he looks down at his fee and notices ten linseIt started almost where Mercedes was at and ended about ten inches towards the tree. He drew the sceene in his notebook and drew a circle in that area. "If he's telling the truth, then Logan was sucked down around this area." He said.

Mercedes looked at the marks on the ground, as if Logan had resisted in being dragged down. Allie ran her hand over the ancient tree and smiled. "But, there's no hole." Mercedes looked around the tree, holding her dress up so it wouldn't get dirty. "It's odd. For something like this to happen. Almost paranormal."

"You took the words right out of my mouth Mercedes." Jack said double checking the tree. He touched the ground and it was solid, not hollow. How could Logan get dragged into the bround, if there was no hole showing? It couldn't have patched itself on its own. He gasped as he sees the marked circle he made slowly vanish followed by one of the ten lines.

Allie frowned. "That's weird." She stated, bending down next to Jack, she traced where one of the lines had been. "Damp ground might act like clay, but it just doesn't disappear like that. It would dry and crack." She made a line where it was, watching it disappear again. "That's not normal."

"Nine lines left. Do you think it's a bad omen?" Andrew asked Jack. The only thing the detective could do was bit his bottom lip. He delt with monsters, vampires, and even zombie cases before. This was the first time he had ever delt with ghost. He ran his fingers through his hair and nod to himself. Before he could say a word. There was a loud yell coming from Shawns room. "Let's move!" jack said and runs ahead of them.

Mercedes was about to open her mouth and speak before the scream. Following Jack up to Shawn's room she stood behind him and waited for him to open the door.

The gardners stayed behind, they didn't enter the castle one a good work day unless they had to. Making sure not to go near the crime scene but to keep an eye on it, Allie went to the cabin to get her things and get right back to work.

Jack bust through the door in shawn's room to find him. He sees him in the corner near his bed pale from fear of what he saw. "Shawn, speak to me. What happend?" Jack said to him. Too shocked for words, the male cleaner just pointed to want he saw. Jack fully entered his room along with Mercedes and gasped of what he saw. It was Logan, covered in mud and not moving an inch. "Logan...Logan...." Jack rocked him, but didn't get a reaction from him.

Mercedes covered her mouth. "He's...an entity. A ghost." She mumbled looking at him. Maybe he really was dragged into the earth. "Logan?" She asked, waving her hand infront of him. "Are you dead? Can you speak?" She asked him. Poor guy looked disheveled than he normally looked.

His hair was a mess and his glasses weren't on him. His finger nails showed moist mud proving that those lines were made by him. Putting some gloves on. Jack began checking over him. "No gun wound, no stabbing, not even a simple case of blunt tramua." Jack said. He could on;y this of what else could go wrong. As if he had ESP Adelay comes in sees Logan lying there.

Adelay, no emotions on her face showed what so ever, but she did have hands on her hips. Bending over, she looked at Logan. "Is he dead?" She questioned, closing the door to Shawn's room behind her. "And why would he randomly appear in Shawn's room." She stated, Mercedes looked at Logan and frowned, though the two didn't get along so well, she did feel kind of bad for the man.

This was looking grim for Shawn. the male cleaner jus slid down the wall and tucked his knees into his chest. This was insane. There, Logan, in the flesh and not moving an inch. Jack toched him again and felt that his skin his a bit warm for a dead guy. "A coma..." he thought as he looked at Adelay. "Shawn, what happend?" he asked before sighing. "I was going to change into regular clothes, so I open up my closet and there he was. He fell ove on to my shoulder and then I panic." The told them.

"In the closet?" Mercedes asked. She laughed. "I always knew he was in the closet and now he came out." She snickered, trying to make light of the situation. Adelay ignored her, looking over Logan as he slept. "Have Max and Oliver come in here and put Logan in his room and on his bed where he's supposed to be.

A simple nod came to the from Jack as he went with Mercedes. "I hate to say it but this isn't looking good for Shawn. I've delt with all kinds of strange stuff, but this is my first ghost like case." Jack scratched his head and looked at her. He needed some extra help if he was to determine Shawns fate.

Adelay went with Oliver and Max as they took Logan to his room. There the mistress would have someone look after him. Mercedes turned to Jack, nibbling on her lower lip. "Atleast Logan isn't dead. Not yet anyway. But Jack, are you saying you need a medium or psychic partner for this case?"

"I'm afraid so. I am a detective, not a psychic." Jack leaned against the wall and and sighed again. "This broblem is all the so called 'psychics' I know do commercials and charge $6.99 per minute." To her, it might be a joke but to Jack, it was true. "And to make things worse, the really suck at it too. I need a real medium. If Shawn has a hope of living in peace."

Back
Top Bottom