Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Take Me Back to Eden (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

“What kind of barkeep would I be if I bought absinthe but not the accessories?” He asked, pulling out a jar of sugar cubes, as well as an absinthe glass, and spoon.

She smiled fondly, "Then please permit me some of your finest absinthe, good sir." She implored gently.

He set the glass down, poured a measure of the spirit before laying the spoon across the glass, set a sugar cube over it, and began slowly pouring ice water over the cube.

She watched with fond eyes. It felt almost intimate, the way he prepared it for her. She watched his hands and thr way he moved; how he focused on getting everything perfect. She fell in love with him all over again.

Eventually, he removed the spoon, and took out a stir stick, dissolving the rest of the sugar into the drink before passing it to her. “Hope this fine French spirit doesn’t upset your senses too much~” he teased.

She giggled softly, "Despite being French, it's rather lovely. Thank you, darling." She said gently. She took a sip and closed her eyes. She was in her summer home out in the back garden, enjoying a small glass of absinthe in secret with her fiance, both wanting to see this elusive green fairy. She opened her eyes slowly and gave a sad smile.
"Perfect..." She muttered, "Thank you, Fen.."

She smiled more and watched him every now and again as she enjoyed her drinks. He would catch eyes with her sometimes, and he could see a sort of longing each time before she would look away.

She smiled and it was bittersweet, "I will. Thank you, Fen..." She paid her tab and over tipped again - all in crisp bills - and left without another word.

She didn't really know how approach him, or even if it was worth it to start anew with him. Visiting him twice in a row already putting him in danger. But she yearned to be with him again; she had spent over two hundred years without him, and now here he was. He didn't remember her, but maybe it would be better that way. She frowned softly and sighed as she made her way to the estate. Stop being such a coward.

What was it about her that he was so drawn to? Yes, she was rather beautiful. But what else? There was something so familiar about her.
"Fenris!"
It was loud, almost right in his ear, but there wasn't anyone near him at the bar.

It sounded like Sybil, her accent much more prominent. But she left not long ago, didn't she? Why did he feel so dizzy?
"Fen?" Some patrons looked worried, "You good, bud?"

"Why not sit down, you've been on your feet all day."
"Get some water in ya."
"Fenris," there it was again, "I love you, more than anything in this world..."

He made a noise, just deciding to try and shrug it off. “Weird..” he said, getting back to work.

Sybil was back the next day, in much better spirits than before.
"Good evening, Fen." She greeted warmly.

Back
Top Bottom