Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Batgirl Begins (dbspock/WendyTheRed)

“What?” Sam mouthed back silently at Babs gesture. She couldn’t be trying to imply…she’d asked Dave to the gala as a favor so he could have fun with his friends and not feel left out, not because of any romantic interest. Everyone understood that…right? Almost subconsciously, Dam took a small step away from Dave.
The interaction had nothing to do with Della, so she ignored it. Babs story, while short, was interesting. “I heard about the bus thing. There were a couple complaints of indecent exposure Dad had to deal with. No wonder he dropped the case as it wasn’t intentional. “

“Five. “ Sam confirmed, blushing a bit as she remembered losing her shirt. She was grateful Babs left that part out of the story.

She grinned at Sam and mouthed to her 'kidding'. She didn't want to make Sam self conscious around Dave after all. She glanced at Dave thoughtfully as he continued to lean on Chloe, remembering her theory about the two of them and thinking it may just be true. Then again, she herself didn't know a lot about relationships.

She blinked at Delia's response about about the Ghost Dragons and that she'd heard about it. "Oh. Wow. I didn't know things went that far. I did my best to cover up but it was difficult. Not the way I wanted to be introduced to Gotham City, let me tell you." She blushed just remembering running through the streets naked with only her backpack for cover. Barbara nodded to Sam with a smile. "That's right. I thought it was four at first but the fifth one came out of the crowd and grabbed me from behind. Thankfully Dave charged in and saved the day."

'Not funny.' Sam mouthed back...but the smile on her face said otherwise.

"Well, it was a memorable introduction, that's for sure." Duella said with a chuckle, then deigned to look at Dave when Babs kept repeating how he'd saved the day.

Chloe, for her part, was ignorant of their interactions as she reached for another piece of cake. Sam, however, reached out and grabbed her wrist. "We need to work off some of those slices you already ate first." She insisted as she began to drag Chloe onto the dance floor. Sam then winked at Babs. "And didn't you say you owe someone in this group a dance?" She said before she vanished into the crowd. Dave, for his part, looked a little stunned as Sam reminded him of the debt he owed Babs for grabbing her boob.

Barbara grinned at her and shrugged innocently. She could tell Sam wasn't upset but she still wasn't going to push it. She didn't want Sam to get nervous about being around Dave or anything.

Barbara nodded, thinking back, remembering how much those events had impacted her and perhaps even changed her entire life's path. She noticed the way Duella seemed to be studyong Dave now and grinned, suspecting she was trying to figure out if Barbara was telling the truth or just trying to build Dave up. Little did she know it was a little bit of both. She watched as Sam intercepted Chloe and dragged her out to the dance floor.

She smiled at Sam's reminder and grabbed Dave's hand gently, dragging him out onto the dance floor if he didn't resist. "Don't worry, you're going to enjoy this Dave."

Dave had harbored some slim hope that Babs had forgotten what had transpired earlier, and the penalty she was insisting on, but Sam had made sure that wasn't going to happen. He didn't want to make a scene, or hurt Babs feelings, so he didn't resist when Babs dragged him onto the dance floor...but he also didn't have a clue what to do. Dancing was NOT something he'd ever done before, not even in a video game. He glanced around nervously at the other couples, trying to get a hint of what he was supposed to do now, then got distracted when he saw Chloe and Sam, neither of which appeared to be dancing. Chloe was simply waving her arms around, coming dangerously close to hitting other couples on the dance floor, while Sam just wound up staring at Chloe, her mouth agape, as Chloe 'danced'...at least it might have been considered a dance in some circles, just not here.

Barbara saw how nervous Dave was and was about to comfort him and tell hum it would be fine when she saw him looking away. She turned and watched Chloe for a minute. "Is that...the African Anteater Ritual?"

She watched for a moment then looked at Dave. "Friends back up friends right?" She moved him over next to Chloe and began to copy her movements. She shrugged, figuring it would either start a new dance or they'd all end up looking silly together.

Dave stared at Chloe for a few more seconds before he registered the fact Babs had spoken. "I...think it's a Ferengi dance." He finally replied, then his surprise increased when Babs went over and began to dance like a Ferengi. He then registered what Babs had said the second time, then shrugged internally as he walked over and began to wave his arms around. It was nowhere near what Babs or Chloe were doing, but it was something at least. Sam finally just burst out laughing before she began imitating Chloe as well, a great deal more successfully than Dave had been.

She nodded slowly. "Ferengi. Right. Got it." She continued to watch Chloe and mimic her dance, grinning as Sam joined in as well. She noticed poor Dave wasn't very coordinated in his dancing but at least he seemed to be willing to give it a try.

She glanced around as they continued to dance together, curious about how the others in the area were reacting. She looked back at Dave, smiling as she stopped her movements and stepped closer. Reaching out she grabbed his arms and tried to help him mimic Chloe's actions more closely. Of course, it almost looked like a waltz or something mixed with the Ferengi dance since they were now moving together.

At first, Dave was even more awkward in his movements when Babs tried to help him, but after a minute he got, if not used to, more tolerant of the physical contact and he began to relax a bit and get a bit closer to the correct movements.

Babs glance around revealed more than one disproving stare at their antics, and one older gentleman even began to speak. "Young lady..." He began, before Sara tapped him on the shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?" She asked in a tone Babs hadn't heard her use before, but it caused the blood to drain from the man's face.

"They...she...they're..." He sputtered as he gestured at the young people.

Sara nodded. "They are dancing." She said firmly as she stepped over and began imitating Chloe's movements as well, and despite her unfamiliarity with the alien dance, Sara's movements looked even more natural than Chloe's.

Once Sara had broken the ice like that, others began to join the dance as well. Rachel even noticed the almost disturbance and came off the stage to join them. Duella, Daniel, Amanda, Sara's mysterious conversation partner...they all began to dance like the Ferengi, some more successfully than others, though none could quite keep a strait face.

She smiled when when she sensed Dave relaxing and stepped back, letting him go. "There you go Dave." She smiled at him then glanced over when she saw the older man approaching. She froze briefly when he started to speak then blinked in surprise when Sara intercepted him.

She couldn't help noticing his reaction and realized she'd gotten lucky indeed in how Sara had been nice to her when she tried to get her phone back. She wasn't sure she could be more surprised than she was when Sara joined the dance.

She smiled as she watched her a moment then looked around as she saw others joining in. The singer from the band joined in, Daniel, Amanda, whoever the woman was Sara had been speaking to and even Duella. In truth, Barbara had thought Duella would be too cool to join in on such a silly dance and was pleasantly surprised to be wrong. She grinned and began to really enjoy the silly dance, glad she'd helped to back Chloe up and it had worked out this well. She watched Sara some more then put more of her own natural grace into the dance, losing herself in the enjoyment of it. She caught Chloe's eye and winked at her.

Chloe had no idea how close she had come to being chewed out by a grumpy old man, though she couldn't help but notice how her friends, and now several strangers, had begun to imitate her, and she began to turn a shade of red, though she didn't dare stop the dance. Not since she was the one who started it. She saw Babs wink and her grin threatened to split her face in response.

Dave broke rhythm for a bit when Babs released him. He'd almost gotten, if not used to, accustomed to her helping him, and when she stopped he went back to the same awkward motion he'd been using before.

When the music ceased, everyone slowly stopped the Ferengi dance. Rachel walked over to Sara and whispered to her for a moment, and Sara nodded in Chloe's direction. Chloe went pale as the musician approached her, but Rachel soon put her at ease with a few whispered comments, and a departing hug. Sara approached Chloe next and after a few more whispered words began to dance with Chloe, showing the teen a more traditional dance movement.

Dave figured he was off the hook with his dance with Babs and silently faded back to the desert table as Jim approached his daughter. "Where did you learn that?" He asked with a chuckle as he took her into his arms and began a slow dance around the floor.

She saw Chloe turning red but was relieved when the wink made her grin. She looked from Chloe to Dave and bit her lip when she saw him becoming awkward again. She debated whether she should have kept helping him but she'd thought he'd picked it up. Lesson learned she supposed, the poor guy was just not a dancer. At least he tried.

She watched the interactions with Rachel and Sara and Chloe. She was pleased to see that they seemed to be treating her with kindness and a smile crossed her lips as she watched them. She bit her lip as she watched Sara and Chloe dancing, Sara taking her friend under her wing it appeared. She glanced over on time to see Dave retreating and debated dragging him back but figured the poor guy probably needed a chance to get away from the dance floor and get his heart rate back down.

She grinned as her dad rescued her from standing awkwardly alone on the dance floor and fell into rhythm with him as they began to dance around the floor. "Star Trek apparently. Well, that's where Chloe learned it. She was doing it and I joined in and sort of forced Dave to so she didn't feel bad when no one else did it. Sara's intervention was enough to get a small group of us doing it. It was like something out of a teen comedy movie or something. I'm sure that some of the people here are shocked."

She looked at him as they continued to dance and she got into the dance pretty well, mostly mimicking his movements and using her natural athleticism to her advantage. "I met Sara by the way, Sara Lance. I quite like her. I also met Bruce Wayne briefly and apparently I'll get a chance to show him my program. I have a good feeling about how that will go." She wisely decided not to mention how her underwear had been a topic of conversation. She was pretty sure her dad punching Bruce Wayne would be problematic in more than one way. "If you're curious I have...hmmm...a dance with Sara, a dance with Chloe and a dance with Bruce Wayne lined up. I think that's all of my dance partners for the night."

"Star Trek?" Jim had, of course, heard of the show, it would have been difficult to be around Chloe for any length of time and not know about the show, but he hadn't realized dancing was part of it. It hadn't been in the half dozen episodes she'd gotten him to watch at any rate. Jim glanced over at the side of the room and shook his head. "Don't tell Summer that if she asks." Jim requested. "In fact, it would probably be best if you didn't tell her anything. I was rather hoping she wouldn't be here tonight, but I should have known better." He chuckled as Babs revealed how half the normally stuffy gala had wound up doing the Ferengi dance. "Yeah...Sara doesn't claim to be a leader, but she's the sort people follow anyway." Jim said, then nodded. "Yeah...I don't think shocked is the word."

He nodded as she said she liked Sara. "Yeah...I was hoping you two would hit it off." He said, hardly noticing how easily he fell into step with hsi daughter it just felt so natural. He did falter a bit when she mentioned she met Bruce already...he hadn't expected that. But Babs seemed none the worse for wear. "Wow...you get around, don't you." Jim teased her, then smiled broadly when she mentioned her program. "I'm sure he will. What's not to liek about it?" Jim told her supposrtively, even though he had no idea what the program was and wouldn't know how it worked if she spelled it out for him.

Jim's detective skills failed him and he had no idea she was hiding anything from him. He simply nodded at her list of dance partners. "Well, I better not keep you then." He told her. He did have to get back to work and was glad Babs wasn't bored at the gala. "But try and save another dance for me, okay? Preferably one from this planet."

She shrugged. "So I hear. I didn't remember any dance scenes in Star Trek but Dave told me it was a dance from it. And I had to bow to his superior knowledge. If not superior dancing skills." She grinned and then cocked her head curiously. "Summer?" She looked around curiously, then back at him, feeling like she must have missed something. "Yeah, some old guy got huffy but Sara made it clear that she didn't have a problem with it, so he shouldn't either. He seemed eager not to get on her bad side. Apparently she has more of a reputation than I thought."

She smiled at that, once more deciding her dad didn't need to know those full details. "We did. I think Chloe liked her too once she got used to her. Maybe not as much as I did. I think Sara and I might have some things in common." She noticed the falter in his step when she mentioned Bruce Wayne. "Well, in fairness, Chloe literally fell into his arms. If he hadn't been there she'd have taken a bad tumble down the stairs." She smiled warmly at his reply. "By the way, I hope you don't mind but I was going to stay at Chloe's again tonight. Let's be honest, we're both going to want to talk for half of the night about this gala. So I might as well stay over there and not keep you up all night." That was actually true but she also needed to be able to get out to meet up with Sara later.

She nodded her understanding when he said he shouldn't keep her. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and stepped back. "Don't worry, I am hoping all of my dances are normal from now on." She smiled and moved to the edge of the dance floor before heading to the table of food and drinks, grabbing herself another glass of wine and turning to watch the dancers.

Jim chuckled softly when she mentioned Dave’s dancing skills…or lack thereof. “Yeah. Last time I saw someone moving like that, they were high on drugs. “ He admitted. He then remembered he had never warned her about the reporters. “Yeah…Summer Gleason. Reporter for the Tribune. She’s honest enough…to a point. But she doesn’t get paid if there isn’t a story. I’ve found no comment is the best approach with her. At least I won’t be taken out of context. “ he chuckled again as she mentioned Sara. “Yeah, he probably remembers what happened to the last guy who thought getting lippy with her was a good idea. And I’m sure Chloe liked her…after the learning curve. And yeah, the whole cops daughter thing. “

Jim knew he shouldn’t, but he couldn’t help but chuckle at the image Babs presented of Chloe and Bruce. “Yeah, I think this is the first time she’s worn high heels in months. I’d tease her about it, but I’m afraid her head would explode. “ far from minding, Jim smiled when she mentioned spending the night at Chloe’s, his cop sense failing again in regards to her. “I’m glad you’re enjoying it. “ he told her. He’d been afraid she’d be bored at the event.
Jim bent down and kissed her cheek in return. “I’ll see you in a bit. “ he promised as he left the room to check the perimeter.

Dave silently appeared at her side after a few moments, but this time his hands were empty as he saw she already had a drink. “T…thanks for your help earlier. “ he finally told her nervously.

She smirked when he mentioned the reporter. "I somehow doubt a reporter is going to care about a teenage girl unless I do something scandalous. Which don't worry, I won't do. I have no intentions of embarrassing you." She leaned close and whispered. "Harvey Dent is the one who should be concerned, I've met Duella and, well, let's just say you're lucky I'm a smart girl."

She leaned back then snorted when he mentioned people getting lippy with Sara. "Yeah, she gave Chloe and I a short demonstration of her talents. I wouldn't want to mess with her either." She nodded, though she looked guilty. "Yeah, the fall was my fault. I teased her about something and it caused her to take off. I felt really terrible about it and fully intend to apologize later. I had no idea it would cause her to react like it did. Luckily, Mister Wayne was there to prevent disaster." She nodded, glad that he seemed to be happy with her staying at Chloe's.

She made a mental note to pack suitable clothes for her late night excursion and looked around the room, a bit surprised when Dave approached her. She listened to what he said as she took a sip of her drink then lowered the cup. She spoke quietly, not wishing others to overhear. "Dave, I tease you. Probably more than I should. But I care about you and if you ever need help, even something as simple as dancing, I'll be there for you. I won't guarantee you might not end up blushing but I'll be there. " She paused, not sure how to broach the next subject. "For anything Dave. You can count on me. I promise." She smiled and leaned over, planting a kiss on his cheek with lips, wet with punch. By anything she had meant even if he got in trouble with thugs like the Ghost Dragons, who knew how Dave would interpret it though.

"Don't be so sure." Jim cautioned her. "If she thinks she can get some sort of information from you about me or an investigation, I'm not sure what lengths she would go to to try and get the 'inside scoop.'" Jim sighed a bit as she warned him about Duella. "Figured that out already, did you?" He said with a rueful smile, then raised an eyebrow. "The last person who got to see a small demonstration of Sara's talents that I'm aware of was drunk...I trust that wasn't the case here?" He was pretty sure it wasn't...Babs was to smart to get involved in something like that, not to mention he would have smelled it on her breath during their dance. He frowned a bit when Babs claimed Chloe's fall was her fault, then nodded in understanding at her explanation. He could see both of them doing just that. "Yeah...I don't think Chloe is used to being teased." Jim told her with a nod when she said she would apologize without any prompting from him.

Dave had been expecting 'you're welcome' from Babs, at the most. But she went in an entirely different direction than he expected. Of course, he should have expected that by now. He couldn't help but nod when she said she teased him...it would have been hard to miss that. But that's what friends did, right? The hard part to wrap his head around was that he was friends with someone like Babs, but she had given enough evidence of that that he didn't doubt it, even before she went on to confirm it.

When she paused, he thought she was done, and was just about to say she could count on him as well, but before he could put the words together she spoke again. Dave didn't think much about her comment...his mind was going along the lines of math homework or something...but before he could put together a reply to her addendum, she leaned up and kissed him. On the cheek, of course, but he hadn't been expecting anything along those lines. Like she had predicated, he blushed, but he also went a bit pale, which gave his face sort of a mottled complexion, and left his mouth totally incapable of operation.

Before he could recover, a teenage boy grabbed hold of Babs wrist. "Let's dance." He commanded her, clearly used to having his own way. Babs would probably note the suit he was wearing cost more than the car she had arrived in. Heck, even his haircut probably ran into the triple digits. He didn't wait for her to reply as he grabbed her firmly by the shoulder while his other hand went to her waist...not as low as Bruce's had been, but a bit lower than her dad's.

Barbara nodded her understanding of her dad's warning about the reporter. "I suspect she'll find me boring. I don't know anything about your investigations. And all I know about you is you are the perfect dad. Maybe I'll find a way to scare her off." She took on a brief pose, twirling a lock of hair around her finger. "Like, you know, my dad's a cop. Boooooring. He doesn't even wear one of those hot uniforms." she spoke in an exaggerated Californian accent clearly based on what she's seen on TV.

She smiled at his reply about Sara. "Well, I wasn't drunk." Her mind briefly flashed to Duella's offer to go to the wine cellar and she was once again glad she had declined. "It's a long story, but it was short and nothing serious. Who knows, maybe I impressed her and she'll give me some pointers later."

She smiled as Dave blushed and patted his shoulder, giving him an understanding look. "I wasn't even trying to make you blush that time, just trying to be an affectionate friend." She was as surprised as Dave was when the teenage boy grabbed her wrist and said they were going to dance. She gave Dave a quick nod as she was ushered to the dance floor. She briefly considered yanking away from him, but she didn't want to cause a scene at the gala.

She looked over his suit and haircut as his hands moved to her shoulder and waist then returned her eyes to his as they began to dance. "You're lucky, I have several dance partners lined up but none of them had stepped forward in the moment. I'm Barbara Gordon, and you are?"

Jim both grinned and blushed when Babs called him the perfect Dad. Considering the fact he hadn't seen his daughter for well over a decade, and didn't even have a place for her to sleep yet, he knew it was far from true, but he was trying, and he was pleased she recognized that. He burst out laughing at her ditzing impression. "I do have one of those hot uniforms in the closet somewhere." He warned her, then nodded when she assured him she wasn't drunk. She was dancing better than he was...clearly alcohol was not affecting her, so no more needed be said about that. He smiled when she said she might have impressed Sara. "Well, I did put in a good word for you." He assured her.

Dave looked at her skeptically when she claimed she hadn't been trying to make him blush. What had she expected when she did...THAT? he had no idea what to say, or even if his tongue was going to work, so it was just as well their conversation came to an abrupt end.

"Luck had nothing to do with it." The boy claimed, as if he'd arranged for Babs to be available right at that moment. He sniffed a bit as she asked who he was. Didn't she KNOW? "Hill...Hamilton Hill." He announced proudly, making sure to say the last name twice just in case she missed the name of the Mayor. "Junior." He specified, as if Babs would mistake him for his father. "And I know who you are." He declared. "The hero cop who had a prodigal daughter finally return home? Why, you were the talk of the Mayor's office." It was an exaggeration, of course. There had been one phone call where the Mayor had tried to determine if Jim had been negligent in child support or could be accused of neglect, but the District Attorney had dashed those hopes with the revelation Bab's mother had never filed for any type of support. But the boy couldn't resist revealing the fact he'd overheard a conversation in the Mayor's office.

Just as he couldn't resist noticing the cut of Bab's dress, or how the plunging neckline didn't really accommodate a bra. But unlike Dave, he wasn't afraid of messing with said dress. Instead, his hand moved up on her shoulder and he began to tug said strap in the hopes of revealing a bit more of her breast.

She winced when he mentioned the hot uniform."Well there's an image I'll never get out of my head." She smiled back at her dad when he said he put in a good word with Sara. "That explains a lot. She seemed willing to give me a chance."

She smirked slightly at the teen boy's reply about luck. She arched an eyebrow when he introduced himself like she should know who he is. Then the light dawned when he mentioned the Mayor's office. "Oh. Right. The Mayor. You're his son." She finally put the pieces together and laughed quietly. "It must have been a very slow day for the Mayor if I came up. I'm just a boring teenage girl." She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Unless it had to do with my encounter with the Ghost Dragons but that probably happens all the time."

She looked up at him as his hand slid to her shoulder and she felt goosebumps rise on her flesh. She thought she felt a slight tug on the strap of her dress but wasn't sure. She moved easily in the dance with him and glanced around. "So I suppose the Mayor is around here somewhere?" She didn't much care but figured she'd make some conversation.

"Mission successful." Jim teased her, but wisely decided not to mention the image he'd never get out of his head...namely the first time he'd seen her in years, sitting naked in the front seat of Bullock's vehicle. "I'm glad I could help. Sar's one of the good ones, hard to find in this town. Though you seem to be doing all right." He was quite pleased that of the people Bab's had interreacted with that he was aware of, Duella was the only one he would have cautioned her against (well, there was that whole Sam thing, but he believed her version of events) and Bab's had picked up on Duella's bad influence, it seemed.

"Oh, brilliant deduction, Sherlock. I see the detective gene runs in the family." Ham said sarcastically when she figured out he was the Mayor's son after he'd all but told her that. "And you certainly don't look boring to me." Especially not after he succeeded in moving her strap a bit to the side, and sure enough a bit more of her breast was becoming visible...as was the tent in the crotch of his pants. He cocked his head when she mentioned the Ghost Dragons. "What were you doing in THAt part of town?" He asked, looking at her like she might have caught some sort of disease, but that didn't stop him from trying to move her strap off of her shoulder. "And yeah...he's off in the corner somewhere, probably trying to lock in a campaign contribution or something." That wasn't what the event was for, but Ham knew that wouldn't stop his Dad.

Barbara smirked at his sarcasm about her figuring out who his dad wad. He wasn't wrong that it was obvious once he mentioned the Mayor's office but she had only been in town for a few days and wasn't embarrassed she didn't know who the Mayor was.

She smiled a little when he said she wasn't boring, though she could tell he only really cared about her looks. In fact, hus shameless looking at her cleavage was both annoying her and making her blush. She was almost glad for the distraction when he seemed to misunderstand the issue with the Ghost Dragons. "New to town, remember? I was just riding a bus into town and they got on and singled me out to mess with. No one on the bus helped but luckily things ended before it got too bad."

She looked over in the direction he mentioned mostly just curious if she could spot the Mayor, figuring he'd be trying to corner Bruce Wayne. Something occurred to her and she looked up at him. "So, Hamilton, why did you seek me out to dance with? Or was I just a random pick?"

“The bus?” He looked at her like she’d just told him she came to town on a flying saucer. He huffed a bit(clearly one of his favorite actions) when she said she was singled out. “I’m not surprised. “ he admitted. After all, he’d done the same thing.

He ignored her facial expressions, and her search for his father. By now, he had her strap almost entirely off her shoulder, and would have had it off her breast if it hadn’t caught on to her nipple. It was revealing enough by this point she was attracting some stares by the other dancers.

But he had enough presence of mind still to keep her distracted with conversation. At least the question she asked was easy enough. “I’ve always had a thing for red heads. “ he claimed, though truthfully it was her wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen dress that had attracted him more than her hair color. “And it’s not like there are a lot of other people here our age to ask. “ that much at least was true. There were less than ten teenagers at the party, and Babs had met most of them before she’d arrived.

She smirked at his reaction to her saying she'd rode a bus into town. "Well the limo was in the shop." She said with obvious sarcasm. She turned her attention back to the dancefloor then and began to notice other dancers looking in their direction. She looked thoughtfully at him when he said he wasn't surprised the Ghost Dragons had singled her out. She considered his words thoughtfully, trying to decide what he saw that she didn't. "Well it all worked out. I even broke one of their noses."

She looked back at Ham when he made his claim about red heads. She felt like something was off and she just couldn't place it. She nodded when he added there weren't a lot of people to ask. "Well there are at least three other girls our age I know of."

She glanced at the other dancers again and one of them very purposefully looked down at her breasts. She frowned and followed his gaze, eyes widening when she saw her dress barely hanging on. She grabbed the strap and tugged it back up, her cheeks flushing as she nodded thanks to the other dancer. She looked back at Ham then. "Weren't going to warn me?"

Ham definitely thought she flew in on a flying carpet given his expression. "A police captain has a limo? Since when?" He asked, totally missing her sarcasm no matter how obvious she thought it was. He raised his eyebrow a bit when she mentioned breaking their nose...perhaps she wasn't a good choice for a dance partner after all. "Impressive." He complimented her, and it was probably the first totally honest thing he had told her.

"You mean karate girl and crazy head? Yeah...tried that last time." Ham admitted, then shook his head. "I think Duella was off her medication or something. Not sure I want to try that crazy ride again."

DAMN IT!!!!! He had been so close! But when she reached up and grabbed hold of her strap, it wasn't like he could start a fight over it. So he reluctantly gave up on all the progress he'd made. "Warn you?" Ham questioned, figuring ignorance was the best defense even as the other dancer nodded at her in return before he turned his attention back to his unhappy partner. "About what?"

Back
Top Bottom