Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Batgirl Begins (dbspock/WendyTheRed)

Sara met Bab's gaze evenly, though she totally misjudged the reason for the delay. Sara assumed it was Babs trying to come up with a response to the sexual questions and challenge she'd issued her, and not that a teenager was coming very close to Batman's secret. Her assumption was confirmed, at least in Sara's mind, when Bab's began to turn a light shade of red.

Chloe also began to blush, but only after she heard Bab's response. Bab's was attracted to Sam? Choe hadn't seen that coming. She also didn't see Bab's attack coming, and she definitely didn't see Sara's response.

If all Bab's had done was reach into Sara's cleavage, Sara wouldn't have moved, but just enjoyed the sensation. But when she felt Bab's leg try to hook into hers as the teen tried to take her down...yeah, that wasn't going to happen.

The next thing Babs knew, she was flat on her back on the couch, her dress pulled up over her head, which meant it was her turn for her panties to be on full display. Babs couldn't pull her dress down either, as Sara kept a firm grip on her hemline.

"Hey!" Chloe protested as she saw her friend taken down. She stepped forward and tried to get Sara to release her grip, but Sara simply grabbed Chloe's wrist, and Chloe was soon on her knees unable to escape Sara's hold either.

Barbara was, of course, totally unaware of Chloe's thoughts or her blush. What she was aware of, and would replay later in her mind was how fast Sara had moved and how she fell onto her back. She was very aware that Sara could have dropped her on the hard floor, but instead she'd put her on the couch. She looked up at Sara, blushing brightly as Sara bared her panties to the world.

She was about to say something when Chloe intervened. Barbara was proud of her for trying even as she knew it wasn't going to do any good. She looked up at Sara as she laid there, mind racing and spoke quietly. "Chloe, it's ok. She's not going to hurt me, she was reacting to what I did. Sara, Miss Lance, please let her go, Chloe was just trying to defend me. Chloe, when she lets you go, don't try anything. It's all fun and games. I think."

She took another deep breath and then looked into Sara's eyes. "And thank you. Thank you for putting me on the couch so I didn't slam into the floor. I know you did it by choice and I'm grateful. I also think I misread the situation. I thought you wanted to test me, see what I had and if I was willing to at least try my luck against you to get my phone back. I'm a moron." She shook her head, looking truly embarrassed as she slowly reached up, still bright red as she slid her hand into Sara's cleavage to retrieve her phone, if Sara allowed it, of course. She tried hard not to think about the soft skin she felt as she felt around for her phone.

"Call me Sara." Sara said when Babs used the term Miss Lance. She'd seen the girls underwear, no need to stand on formality. Sara's focus remained on Chloe for the moment though, and despite Babs request to release her friend, Sara didn't release her grip on Chloe until the blonde nodded, indicating that she wouldn't try anything again. Sara then released her grip on Chloe's wrist, and the girl fell back slightly onto her ass, giving Sara another view of her panties as well. "It's nice to have friends who will defend you." Sara stated as she focused on Babs again, and she inclined her head slightly in acknowledgement of Babs recognition of how much worse the confrontation could have gone.

"The test comes at 0200 at the corner of Dixon and Kane." Sara suddenly declared as Babs reached inside of her dress. Sara made no move to stop her, or attempt to clarify her cryptic comment, so Babs soon located her wayward phone. Sara glanced away from Babs slightly as she sensed motion at the door, and she shook her head at Alfred who had come to check on his two young guests. The elderly butler simply nodded, and made no comment on the compromised state he'd found the three of them in as he turned to attend to the next item on his agenda.

Barbara nodded to Sara as she spoke, watching as she released Chloe. "Then you can call me Barbara, or Babs, it's a nickname some of my family use. And yes, Chloe is a good friend." She smiles a little as she manages to find her phone and retrieve it. She nibbles her lip thoughtfully. "Dixon and Kane. I'm new to the city, but that's what Google Maps are for. I'll be there." She glances at Chloe. "Chloe, I'm thinking I may be asking my dad to spend the night at your house again." It would obviously be much easier to get out of Chloe's house than Captain Gordon's after all. Of course, it occurred to her Chloe might object and not trust Sara or not want to keep things from her dad but she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

Her mind raced, she'd need transportation, she made a mental note to check if buses ran that late and if not, she'd have to figure something out. Worst case, she'd walk the entire way, if possible. Or call a cab. She might be able to borrow enough for that. She smiled a bit at Sara as she continued to lay there under her, pretty sure she was getting up when Sara decided to let her up and not a moment before. Her heart was pounding and a flush was rising on her skin and even she wasn't sure if it was excitement at what this test could be or the situation she found herself in.

Chloe rubbed her wrist after Sara released her, but not because it hurt. The surprising part was it didn't. Chloe didn't know much about martial arts beyond the class she'd gotten from Sam, but she suspected it took a lot more expertise to take her down without pain than otherwise. Her gaze then snapped to Babs as she called her a good friend...it wasn't a surprise, really, but it was still good to hear...but then her expression turned to one of suspicion when she heard the location of Babs mysterious test. "That's the warehouse district. No ones there that time of night." She claimed, then gave a light shrug at Babs request to spend the night. Chloe had her doubts, but she wasn't going to just let Babs wander off into who knew what alone.

Sara, for her part, didn't acknowledge Chloe's skepticism as she rose to her feet, and lifted Babs along with her. Sara effortlessly placed Babs back on her feet and made sure her dress was back in place before she glided across the room and lifted Chloe back up. "Save a dance for me." Sara said with a wink before she vanished from the room.

Chloe turned to Babs with a frown. "What just happened?" She asked. She had a feeling mush had transpired in the past few minutes which was going unsaid.

She wasn't surprised the place was isolated and would be nearly empty. She nodded to Chloe and smiled as she was lifted to her feet by Sara. Barbara was deceptively strong but she suspected Sara was stronger, possibly much stronger. She blushed slightly as Sara fixed her dress, it sure didn't feel like it would if her dad or Chloe did it. She nodded to Sara as she headed for the door. "I will." She promised and was a little surprised her heart was pounding. Am I attracted to Sara? I'm straight. Right? she thought.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Chloe and smiled. "Well, I just learned how good Sara is, started doubting my sexuality and also, I think I'm going to get some fairly intense martial arts training of I pass her test and she thinks I'm worthy." She paused then looked at the door. "Well, if this is how the night started I'm looking forward to the rest of it."

Well, that was certainly more of an answer than Chloe had been expecting. Her jaw actually dropped a bit when Babs revealed she was questioning her sexuality, but she found herself nodding when Babs mentioned her potential training. "Yeah...she's good. I watched her, and I don't have a clue what she actually did. I guess when you have as much money as Bruce Wayne, you can hire the best." She nodded once again when Babs mentioned the rest of the night, then chuckled softly. "Yeah...life is certainly more interesting with you around." She admitted, then reached out to grab her new friends arm. "Come on...the gala should officially start soon. Let's go see if there are any early arrivals...and sample the food before the crowd shows up." Chloe chuckled softly as she began to walk towards the door of the library, confidant they could find their way back to the ballroom.

Barbara thought back over the events as Chloe mentioned how good Sara was. "Yes, she is good. And she wasn't expecting me to try to 'attack' but she handled it easily and without hurting either of us. I'm a moron. I thought she wanted me to attack to test me. I have no idea how I got such a dumb idea in my head..." She nodded slowly at Chloe's comment about Bruce Wayne and what he can afford, her thoughts turning back to Batman once more.

Barbara smiled at Chloe, shrugging a little. "I sometimes think I've brought chaos into your life and if I did, I'm sorry about that. My life with my mother was...well, it was not exciting but for all the wrong reasons." She grinned as Chloe more or less steered her to the library door. "So, I guess I have one, maybe two dances reserved already, assuming dad will have time to dance with me. Not bad eh?"

She stepped out of the library with Chloe and looked around, head cocked. She was pretty sure she heard some talking in one direction and she motioned that way, giving Chloe a questioning look. If Chloe agreed she'd head out in that direction, figuring the voices were probably early arriving guests.

Chloe didn't want to insult her friend, but she had no idea where Babs had gotten the idea attacking Sara had been a good idea, so she had nothing to say on that topic. She also couldn't disagree that Babs had a way of inducing chaos around her, but she did have something to say on that point. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Chloe insisted as she wrapped an arm around the red head and gave her a quick hug. "And the number you are looking for is three." Chloe insisted as they exited the library, and she didn't bother to clarify that the third dance was with her.

Chloe thought she remembered the way back to the ballroom...the voices were just confirmation. Babs, it seemed, agreed with her, and they both headed back down the hall. Sure enough, the voices were early arrivals, combined with the staff putting on a few last minute touches under the direction of Alfred. Alfred glanced over at the new arrivals, and Chloe gave him a small wave. Alfred smiled in return, and satisfied the pair didn't need any type of assistance, returned to organizing the food table.

Sara was there was well, and she was talking to a dark haired woman in a low cut dress, and they appeared to be having a very intense discussion. Sara no doubt noticed the two new arrivals, but she didn't acknowledge them in any way.

The same, however, could not be said for the dark haired teen who's face lit up as she saw the pair. "Well...someone did show up at this thing who wasn't ancient. Daddy didn't say that was going to happen. He wouldn't have had to kidnap me if he'd just told me that." The new arrival's dress covered her torso well enough, but the length only went to mid thigh, and there was a slit that went up to her waist. The girl's face quickly went from excitement to confusion, however. "Who the hell are you?" She asked with a frown. "I thought I'd met everyone my age who gets dragged to these things."

"Three huh?" Barbara smiled at her as they walked down the hallway. Barbara also smiled at Alfred and grinned at Chloe. "You have a way with people, you know that? Everyone seems to like you." She looked around the room, taking it all in then glancing at Sara and the dark haired woman. Part of her wanted to eavesdrop on their discussion because of how intense it looked because she knew she was just being nosy and had no reason to do it. Still,. the temptation was there.

Barbara's gaze was torn from Sara by the other teenager. She looked her over and got the sneaky suspicion this was a rich girl who normally wouldn't have interacted with her or Chloe. She probably assumed since they were here they were also rich society girls. Barbara smirked at the girl's confusion as she seemed to quickly realize that she and Chloe weren't typical guests to this kind of thing. "I'm Barbara Gordon and this is Chloe Sullivan. And you are?" Barbara wondered if just asking who the girl was would give away that she was new in town or didn't run in the same circles as the girl but she didn't really care either.

"Yeah...it's the number that comes after two." Chloe teased Babs as she tried to take in the room. She recognized a few of the people, but it was only from articles in the newspaper, and she was having a hard time reconciling that to seeing them in person. She blushed a bit at Bab's compliment. "I could come up with a list of people who disagree with you." Chloe claimed with a light chuckle.

The new arrival frowned thoughtfully as Babs made her introduction. She stared at Chloe for a few moments, but couldn't place her anywhere in the hierarchy, so she turned her attention back to Babs. "Gorgon, huh?" She said with a nod. That name she recognized, even if she butchered it. "No wonder you made it past security." She said with a light laugh, then shook her head when Babs asked who she was. "Daddy didn't tell you about me?" She asked, then shrugged. "Duella. Duella Dent." She explained, as if that was introduction enough.

Barbara smirked at Chloe's sarcasm and playfully elbowed her. She also took in the room and grinned at Chloe's blush. "Well, those people just have no taste, clearly. Look at me. I've only been in town for a couple of days and I'm under your spell." Barbara grinned at Chloe and suspected Chloe might argue it was the other way around as Barbara seemed to drive things in their friendship.

Barbara pursed her lips as the other girl butchered her last name. She wasn't sure if she did it on purpose but something told her it was just simple carelessness. She shrugged at the security comment. "Well, Sara didn't seem to mind our presence, nor did Alfred." She knew she was namedropping a bit, but something about this girl felt quite snobby to Barbara. She frowned in confusion when she asked if Daddy had told her about her. Did she mean her dad? Or did she assume Barbara knew her dad? The name Dent tugged at her memory then she remembered her Dad had mentioned a Dent when talking about arranging for permanent custody with her mother. "Ah, you must be Harvey Dent's daughter then. I see. I suppose you and I are the next generation of our fathers careers, potentially." Barbara didn't think she'd ever be a cop, though she did think she'd pursue justice like her father. Just in a way he wouldn't approve of.

"Hey!" Chloe mock protested when Babs elbowed her. She let out a dramatic groan and clutched her side. "I hope this place has a medical bay." She joked, then laughed when Babs claimed she was under a spell. Chloe wriggled her fingers at Babs. "That's right. You are under my spell and I demand you get me cake." Chloe giggled.

"Who?" Duella wrinkled her nose a bit in confusion. Clearly Babs attempt at name dropping hadn't gone too well. She did, however, nod when Babs guessed who her father was, though she shook her head when Babs mentioned her possible career. "Are you kidding? Do you know how much the D.A. gets paid? It's almost as bad as what your dad makes." Duella claimed. "If it wasn't for the security concerns, I'd be going to public high school, you know. No...I'm going to be an actress. I've already got the lead role in the school's theatre production."

She rolled her eyes at Chloe's silly playacting but couldn't help a grin. "Medical bay? Do you think we're in a fancy spaceship or something?" She looked around then did a little shrug. "Then again, maybe it does have a medical bay." She rolled her eyes at the finger wiggles. "If I find any cake in here I'll be sure to bring you some."

Barbara saw the nose wrinkle and her opinion of the other girl dropped slightly. If you didn't know who Alfred was or Sara, you just weren't worth knowing at this gala in her opinion. She kept that from her face however and shrugged at the girl's rhetorical question about how much the D.A. made though she is quite aware her dad doesn't make enough. Barbara nods at the girl's explanation.

"I will be going to public school, though, I might simply test out and graduate early. I've got the credits I think. I haven't decided yet." She knew this was Chloe's first time hearing about it and Barbara figured she'd go for a while but she was also pretty sure her original plans of going to her senior year and taking every honors class available no longer mattered in the face of the future she was envisioning for herself. She couldn't help adding a final thought. "Neither of our fathers do it for the pay. They do it because it's the right thing to do."

"I think he has a fancy spaceship in the basement." Chloe claimed, and she had no idea just how much fancy stuff there actually was in the 'basement'. "And I'm not sure he needs a medical bay after all. Doesn't he own the hospital or something?" It certainly had the Wayne name all over it. Her eyes then widened as Babs mentioned cake. "IF?!" She asked incredulously. "With all this food they are bringing out, if there isn't cake, I want a refund."

"Humph...lucky you." Duella claimed when Babs mentioned testing out. Chloe's eyes widened and she looked at Babs with...it might have been disappointment. She had been looking forward to having a friend in school next year. Duella outright snorted at Babs next comment. "You sound like Dad." She complained, then shook her head as she reached out and grabbed Babs hand. "Come on. I think I know where the wine cellar is at. Then we can have a real party."

Barbara grinned at Chloe's comment then thought about what she had speculated about earlier. If Bruce Wayne really was Batman it was likely his basement was more interesting than Chloe could guess. And if he wasn't, he was super rich so it was still likely his basement would have surprising stuff in it. She grinned at Chloe's reply about the cake. "Touche, I'll see what I can do about finding you some cake."

Barbara saw Chloe's reaction out of the corner of her eyes and realized she'd upset her friend. It wasn't hard to guess why. She sighed softly vowing to make it up to her then blinked when Duella grabbed her hand and mentioned the wine cellar.

On the one hand, she'd love to explore. On the other hand, she wasn't here to party. She was here to get a job at Waynetech. And sneaking into his wine cellar wasn't a way to impress Bruce Wayne. Not to mention if things went bad it'd reflect badly on her dad. She let out a soft exhale and gently extracted her hand from Duella's."I'd love to but I have promised 3 dances already and I don't want to let down my dance partners."

"Well, aren't you just special." Duella snorted when Babs bragged about having three dances already. She waved her now free hand at the stage. "The band isn't even set up yet." She pointed out, and indeed the band members (including a very popular pop star who had been rumored to be dating Bruce Wayne) were just now setting up their instruments and conducting the sound check. "You have plenty of time to grab a drink and get back in time for your precious dances." She reached out and grabbed onto Babs arm this time, a little more firmly, and began to try and drag the girl towards the exit. Clearly Duella wasn't used to taking no for an answer.

Barbara glanced at the stage and saw the band starting up. She dug her heels in when Duella tried to drag her away and looked at the other girl. "If you want to party sometime, give me a call. But I'm not going to steal Bruce Wayne's wine and get drunk in his wine cellar. Especially not on the same night I plan to impress him with how smart I am so I can get a job at his company. Nor am I going to risk something going wrong and letting my dad down. I'd rather cut my own arm off then do something to let my dad down."

She shrugged slightly as she looked at the other girl. "But to show there's no hard feelings, I'll save a dance for you if you'd like. Or we can hang out during the gala. But not in the wine cellar. And only if Chloe and my other friends are invited too."

Damn, the girl was strong. Duella frowned when her tug didn't move the girl, but she dug in her own heels and pulled harder, as if she didn't even hear what Babs had to say. Chloe's eyes widened a bit as she saw Babs all but being abducted, and she reached out and grabbed Babs arm as well. "Hey!" Chloe protested, as the two essentially played tug of war over Babs for a moment. It created enough of a scene that Sara paused her conversation and looked over at the pair, but Duella finally consented she was going to lose this one and abruptly released her grip on Babs. Chloe reached out to steady her if she stumbled.

"How can I give you a call if I don't have your number?" Duella protested with her hands on her hips, proving she had indeed heard everything Babs had said. She humphed a bit when Babs talked about her plans for the evening. "Well, aren't you just a cocky one." She muttered. "As if Brucie is even going to show." Duella glanced around the room, clearly considering storming off, but there was a decided lack of prospects for other fun activities in the vicinity. "Fine." Duella finally grunted as she tossed her hair and crossed her arms, clearly not happy about her plans being usurped. Her frown deepened even more as she considered the last thing Babs had said. "Didn't you just get into town? How many friends do you have anyway?"

Barbara was a bit amused when she realized that Duella couldn't physically move her. She'd probably thought Barbara was just a wimpy nerd. She was a nerd, she knew that, but she was also in very good shape. She grinned as Chloe grabbed her other arm, a little amused by Chloe's loyalty and the tug of war. She did blush though when a scene was caused and even Sara looked their way. A scene was the last thing she wanted.

She smiled at Duella. "If you'd like my number, all you have to do is ask. I'm sure that when we're not in Bruce Wayne's manor we can find something fun to do." Barbara had a sneaky suspicion she'd have to be very careful around this girl and also work to make sure that nothing that happened interfered with her friendship with Chloe and the others.

She shrugged at the comment about Bruce Wayne, a bit amused the girl called him 'Brucie' as if trying to imply she knew him well. "He may or may not show. I have a feeling he will show." She glanced briefly at Sara, then looked back at Duella. "Well, there's Chloe here, who is rapidly becoming the best friend I've never had. There is also Sam and Dave, they'll be here later as well. Only three of them, but they're loyal friends and what more could a girl ask for?"

"I did ask." Duella pointed out as she ran her eyes over Babs body, trying to figure out how the petite thing had resisted her tug, even without Chloe's involvement. She then nodded her head. "Oh yeah. This can be a party town if you know where to go." Duella clearly thought she knew where to go.

Sara returned Babs nod, but realized there was nothing going on that required security intervention, so she turned her attention back to her companion and resumed their discussion.

Duella turned her attention to Chloe finally, who blushed a bit when Babs designated her her best friend. "So I guess your part of this deal, huh?" She complained, and Chloe nodded meekly in response. Duella dismissed her again and turned back to Babs. "Sam and Dave, huh? Friends or dates? I just want to know what I'm getting into...and if they are fair game." Clearly Duella thought Sam was a male, and a potential date.

Barbara thought back, had she somehow missed it? That wasn't like her and she frowned, replaying events in her mind with crystal clarity. She slowly shook her head and looked at Duella. She debated then rattled off her number to Duella. She had a suspicion the girl would forget all about her the second she was out of sight anyway.

Barbara wasn't sure how she kept a straight face when she asked about Sam and Dave. The idea of this woman going after Dave was amusing. She was pretty sure that Dave would pass out if this woman hit on him and for a brief, cruel moment, she debated trying to arrange something but quickly chastised herself. She wasn't the type to play that kind of joke. "Well, Samantha doesn't like women as far as I know. Dave is, shy. And also totally into Chloe I think." She wasn't sure about that and she regretted saying it the instant it popped out mostly because she realized it'd embarrass Chloe. She shot her an apologetic look before looking back at Duella. "But they're just friends. I think Dave is far too shy to be more with any woman honestly. Though I am hoping to force him into a dance later. It'd do him some good."

Duella considered the fact she'd pointed out that she didn't have Babs number the same as asking for it, and clearly wasn't interested in the exact details of how they got to that point. But she did dutifully type in Babs number into her phone, and even took a couple photos of the girl for her contact photo...making sure to get Babs cleavage in at least one of them. She tapped at her phone for a bit, then Babs buzzed. "There...now you have mine." Duella declared.

Duella frowned when Babs specified Sam was actually Samantha. "Well, that's no fun." She complained, but before she could comment further Chloe piped up in response to Babs accusing her of dating Dave.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Chloe practically yelled as she turned tomato red, and it certainly didn't help her embarrassment when her reaction once again got the majority of the room looking in their direction. "Ummm.....bathroom." Chloe declared as she turned to bolt out of the room, not caring that she had no idea where the bathroom actually was.

Duella for, her part, just heard the fact that one of Babs friends was a male and fair game. "Oh, I'm sure I can get him to dance." Duella declared.

Barbara felt the buzz on her phone and set a contact for Duella Dent. She debated taking a picture like Duella had done but decided against it. As she did she realized that one of the angles may have included her cleavage and she flushed slightly. She raised an eyebrow at Duella's reply about Sam, a bit confused. She still hadn't really realized Duella had hoped to hook up with a 'Sam' or maybe have a double date or something.

Barbara jumped at Chloe's near yell and turned to look at Chloe. She saw how red she was and also saw everyone looking at them. She mentally kicked herself for her comment, she'd only meant it as a gentle tease, she should have thought things through. She watched Chloe prepare to bolt off and shot a grin at Duella. "Oh, I have no doubt you will but he'll be as red as Chloe currently is."

With that, she turned and hurried after Chloe, not wanting her friend to be alone if she was terribly upset by things. She called back. "Be back in a bit Duella!" Not wanting to offend the other girl as she followed in Chloe's wake.

If Duella was offended by Babs not taking a photo of her in return, she gave no sign of it. Instead, she just grinned as she tapped at her phone some more. "And there's a contact photo for you." Duella said as Babs phone buzzed again, and if Babs checked she'd see that it was indeed a photo of Duella...dressed in a bikini at the beach. Duella grinned a bit as Babs mentioned how embarrassed Dave might be. "That works for me." She declared.

Chloe sure moved quickly for a girl not comfortable with fancy footwear or a dress. She was already halfway down the long hall (past the bathroom, which was just off the ballroom) before Babs entered the hallway, followed by Duella who despite Babs promise to return didn't want to miss what appeared to be the most exciting part of the party.

Chloe reached the end of the hallway and not thinking clearly turned to head down the stairs. It was at this point her footwear failed her and she missed the first step, She began to fall forward, out of Babs sight, though not her hearing. Though she didn't hear the clatter that would indicate Chloe had taken a headlong plunge down the stairs, but a voice instead. "Hey...easy there, Miss." The voice said, and if Babs had ever heard any of the many interviews he had held, her memory would identify the voice as belonging to Bruce Wayne.

Back
Top Bottom