Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

So, if he comes for like an enchilada dinner at the diner, as the cheerleader leaves, say, and Windy takes his order (three senses, sight, hearing, smell) he could later make her think something is on fire in the kitchen when there really isn't? Just to be clear...

He'd obviously see her shy interaction around the other high school girl if you do have him grab a bite. Windy obviously likes her, but isn't sure (except deep inside) she like-likes her, and at first is dense to the fact the cheerleader is in love with her... See? Confusing, unless you've actually been there. I have. Not a picnic, but something that can be explored deeper in a roleplay.

Trying to get a few moves ahead. This is kinda a chess game we're all playing.

So, if he comes for like an enchilada dinner at the diner, as the cheerleader leaves, say, and Windy takes his order (three senses, sight, hearing, smell) he could later make her think something is on fire in the kitchen when there really isn't? Just to be clear...
Yes, that's right! Schro's power is possible because his mind is a bit different than most: he has almost no aphantasia. He can imagine real and surreal things in extreme detail.

I'm thinking that maybe my character has the ability to see in the dark and that can be transmissible to Schro via him touching her. The question is under what circumstances!

I know Windy is going to be even more freaked out every time Schro shows up, if she actually uses her head. Which may take a few times (intelligence, but lacks discernment, sometimes. I mean wearing the helmet ended up being a lucky break, not because she thought it out. Uhhh, firesuit so better use the helmet, uhhh)

Erin, with an eidetic memory would definitely avoid touching him after the first time.

I'm thinking that maybe my character has the ability to see in the dark and that can be transmissible to Schro via him touching her. The question is under what circumstances!
The way Schro's power works is that, if your character sees him, Schro is aware that he has been seen. If your character sees Schro despite darkness, Schro's power will alert him that a nonstandard sense has detected him. Then, Schro can see what your character sees, when they see.

Until, like, ten day have passed and your character forgets about Schro.

In the event that your character keeps remembering and picturing Schro in their head, the power will take longer to fade.

To recap: blind people can't see Schro's visual hallucinations because they can't see Schro. People who suffer from Congenital insensitivity to pain and anhydrosis can't feel pain, even if Schro touched them.

But if someone like Daredevil or Toph from Avatar: the last Airbender, sensed him through sound or tremorsenses, Schro can affect what they sense and make them believe people are there, even if there are not. It's all got to do with the victim's cognition.
Erin, with an eidetic memory would definitely avoid touching him after the first time.
Eidetic memory? Oh, dear... if she can't forget Schro and remembers even minute details of him, she is in deep trouble. Cognito hazards have to stay forgotten for the safety of people.

Last edited:
That helps with the plot for my current reply, the meteor did power up her brain to remember the letter of the law, word for word, also, her name may not be, but the image is correct, Erin is Hispanic herself (image I'm using is correct. I have two for Erin, a more Nancy Drew look, and the one I'm using in this RP)

Either way, Erin's mind is like a steel trap. Very little escapes once it's registered. It's how she doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Guess I better see how she can turn it off and on, or be selective with what she remembers...

Also, I have to note that Velocity is already leaps and bounds better than Flash, because she did not stop to talk or anything: she immediately resorted to percussive maintenance with a flying brick, which could have knocked Schro unconscious or even killed him. Now, however, he will focus on trying to parse what little information comes from the speedster to track her down and make her life hell for a few weeks in retaliation.

Pretty tame for things that he will do in the future, if he is allowed to keep breathing.

are they able to sense smells and taste in ways that are not like regular human or are they completely unable to perceive these things?

Taste and smell are both made up of molecules that our brain then interprets into for instance cinnamon, even water has a taste and smell (even if they are perhaps not the most obvious and this taste and smell is made up of the molecules the water is made up of, (which includes all manner of minerals and other chemicals compounds mixed in with the water. I mentioned CO2 because it is the second major component of sparkling water. Blair can sense all of these molecules with his taste and smell but to them they are not really taste and scent but simply molecules. I think the best analogy might be to imagine an electronic sniffer.

In one way this means that Blair have more finely tuned senses of smell and taste but also that they are perhaps not really smell and taste, if that makes sense and hopefully answers your question.

Whether this means that Schro could somehow manipulate their senses of not I can't really say. I assume that his power affects a persons perception rather than their cognition. Right?

what is sex like for them as a result?

Basically pointless I'd say. Being unable to experience any sort of physical sensation other than pressure I doubt they would be able to achieve orgasm, by any means, for instance. Except possibly through a direct electronic stimulation to the brain.

Congenital insensitivity to pain and anhydrosis can't feel pain, even if Schro touched them.

Only if it is congenital? I mean Blair's inability to sense pain or anything but pressure to their body came with the meteorite which of course means they can still remember what both pain and pleasure feels like but they can't actually feel it anymore, and would that then mean that Schro could exploit their memories of these feelings to make them feel it again? If so then that might certainly be an interesting way for Schro and Blair to interact.

Whether this means that Schro could somehow manipulate their senses of not I can't really say. I assume that his power affects a persons perception rather than their cognition. Right?

Only if it is congenital? I mean Blair's inability to sense pain or anything but pressure to their body came with the meteorite which of course means they can still remember what both pain and pleasure feels like but they can't actually feel it anymore, and would that then mean that Schro could exploit their memories of these feelings to make them feel it again? If so then that might certainly be an interesting way for Schro and Blair to interact.
Pretty much, Schro's powers affect the way someone perceives the world, which in turn colors how their cognition parses the information. As long as a sentient being perceives the world and forms beliefs, making decisions upon what they perceive- Schro can manipulate their perception, as long as Schro can somehow enter their perception first.

If one being does not perceive Schro, they cannot be affected: see my example of the blind person being unaffected by visual hallucinations.

As for pain, we can say that Schro can potentially make Blair feel pain, but only in instances where the latter wholeheartedly believes they have been hurt, like if something tore a chunk out of their forearm and it is visibly missing.

Since Schro cannot make it seem as though there is a part of you missing, someone else will have to actually damage Blair visibly first, in order for Schro to exploit such a change in perception and, perhaps, cognition. Schro himself is, after all, a wimpy human whose only power is an all-or-nothing Trick of the Mind.

Anytime Windy and Loni are together, I'd need someone to play her, that would be half the fun and why she's NPC (After all, she's got a life outside of Windy and school. Maybe she likes her for her brains, too?)

Since she's in love with her before the meteorite, and is an athlete herself, maybe explore the fact they both like sports, and Loni can ask why Windy won't do anything but track and field. At least, if nothing else, it could be a good icebreaker (actually the common factor of sports is the icebreaker?).

@Frozen Princess
With regards to the RP, are Ricci and Associates willing to sign a contract that binds them to Attorney-client privilege? Because I get the feeling that they want the story first, without guaranteeing the confidentiality, which would be a pretty big breach for even small-time lawyers.

Even if Amaya is not a criminal that was given a lawyer to defend her and is seeking out a legal team as a business advisor role, she is well within her rights to ask for confidentiality. Of course, she may incur a fee because it's called lawyer-client privilege, but still.

Okay, edited. Basically, Gabe is drafting it and would have it ready within the hour. Rebecca hears about the powers, though, she'll want the case.

Okay, edited. Basically, Gabe is drafting it and would have it ready within the hour. Rebecca hears about the powers, though, she'll want the case.
Wouldn't a large and in charge law firm have sample contracts already printed out or ready for quick judicious editing to have it ready quickly? To give the image of a well-prepared and professional group of savvy attorneys?

See, that wasn't something I've seen/read unless it was unwritten, and dummies like me should have known that. I'll re-edit and actually have Rebecca mention it. Thanks.

See, that wasn't something I've seen/read unless it was unwritten, and dummies like me should have known that. I'll re-edit and actually have Rebecca mention it. Thanks.
No one is omniscient: you're absolutely fine. And if there's anything that pokes at my sense of verisimilitude I'll just point it out and we can discuss things.

Fair enough, and edited, including how Beau got there. I figured just knowing it might be relevant since I've changed the team to include him. Lucy (#4) and Reggie (#7) were a given from the start.

I'd need someone to play her

Well Colour me a volunteer then.

Since she's in love with her before the meteorite, and is an athlete herself, maybe explore the fact they both like sports, and Loni can ask why Windy won't do anything but track and field. At least, if nothing else, it could be a good icebreaker (actually the common factor of sports is the icebreaker?).

Would the school have one cheer squad for all their sports teams or would each sports team have their own cheer squad. I was thinking for Loni she might be leader of the cheer squad for the school's women's soccer team or something like that.

Finally got my character up!

Do you intend to play Alex as hero or villain? If it is the latter then maybe they could team up with Blair?

It's a big town, but not that big. One squad for all the school teams. Football , soccer, track, volleyball, basketball.

Let's get @CasualVelociraptor in this for Westbrook High's team name and mascot. Being Midwest, I was thinking Cyclones, but might be a bit much since Windy is going to be Velocity as a hero.

Back
Top Bottom