Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Angelic Lover? Yeah right. (Candi and I)

Raiden

Supernova
Zero was an accident, a child born out of wedlock and unwanted by his mother. Thus named Zero, to represent the fact and always remind him that he meant "nothing" to her. On a world where everyone seemed to be connected to everyone else, he was ostracized by kids his own age growing up because of that fact. Never once in public did his mother ever show him any form of affection, she'd care because that's what was expected of her. But that's how life went in the slums, the weakest or perceived weakest was the one who was left out.

He grew up never knowing the love of a mother, everytime he tried to be affectionate to her or wanted some from her...she'd whack him one, even in public. Whenever he got hurt in a fight at school or on the street; she only bandaged it up but didn't put any love into it. He'd grow up hating her after a while, being made painfully aware that she didn't want Zero. When Zero was 8 years old, he'd had enough of her and when she was asleep one night, he took a handgun she kept around the house and stuck it under her chin and considered killing her, but insteadâ?¦

After that he took a few things, including all forms of money he could find and ran away, the gun still in his hand. He never knew his father and believed that he was uncared about by any and everyone.

(prologue: Sayuri wouldnâ??t know this IC yet :D)

â??nghâ?¦. I hate the fact these stupid fosters are making me come here, I hate being around so many peopleâ?¦â? Zero said as he walked toward the High School he was being made to go to in an attempt to straighten his life out. The police had had enough of him wandering around the city as a homeless street urchin and werenâ??t going to let him off again. So heâ??d have to straighten out and fly right but so far heâ??d been distancing himself from people around him like he was afraid to get close to anyone again.

He was a handsome young man though with mercury silver hair with glacial blue eyes wearing the black uniform, white undershirt and red tie of the school. â??Go awayâ?¦â? he sighed to a couple girls that tried to engage him in conversation and were obviously attracted to him but he didnâ??t seem to notice that and blew them off. Any of the angels who watched him could see a wavering aura, light slowly being overtaken by darkness.

Sayuri watched Zero from heaven, staring down at him sadly. If only he could be shown some sort of affection...it was painfully clear that he needed friends. The angel sighed, watching his aura carefully. She wished that someone would help him, show him that the world was full of good and that his life was really worth living. Her heart ached as she watched the handsome boy pushing away those who would try to get close to him. Surely she could help just once....do something to brighten his day a little. Maybe it would help a little bit. Unfortunately, she didn't know enough of this young man to do much of anything for him.

With a sigh, the angel pushed some of her white hair back and tightened her corset-like top, her large breasts seeming to fall just a little bit again. Really, they should have given her a less revealing costume, but her innocent face seemed to make up for it. Her bright blue eyes lit up as she noticed the light of the others calling her. Perhaps they had seen that Zero was in need of her help after all. She used her strong, magnificent wings to take her back to the heavens to hear their commands.

That was indeed what they were calling her back for, one of the higher ups had taken notice of the aura the youth possessed and how it was slowly turning darker. Another one that monitored his dreams and the like was also there looking concerned; it seemed like alot of attention for one person but they always did this for special cases for whatever reason. Sayuri would be sent down with instructions to pose as a student in his high school and do her best to befriend the stoic and anti-social young man. She'd be told that he was troubled by something and was also warned that because of the experiences in his life that he was starting to lose his conscience (that sense of what's right and wrong).

When she was sent down they'd given her a bit of information on him from what they knew: He liked some odd things that nobody knew about. One of them hinted that it had to do with something small and young and furry.

Meanwhile:

"I said back off. GET BACK TO CLASS DAMMIT!" Zero shouted at a pack of fangirls of his that were stalking him around. Because of his demeanor and inability to be swayed by lies and pleas he was one of the school's disciplinary commitee. He didn't have a homeroom class due to his attitude so they gave him credit for it by allowinghim to act as a kind of patrolling disciplinary member.

KYAAAAH"! they all yelped and ran off, "Zero-sama's scary when he's mad..."One muttered as they went to class.

"Ugh idiots I swear I'm surrounded by insects." zero growled and continued down the hallways.

Sayuri nodded and closed her eyes as she was sent down to the earth below her. She landed in the hallway Zero happened to be patrolling and closed her eyes as she adopted the form of a human school girl. A black shirt and skirt appeared on her body, her chest, oddly minimized as the necessary undergarments materialized as well. A red sailor collar adorned the uniform, and long black stockings appeared on her legs, stuffed into the normal school-girl shoes. She was actually quite cute...in a sexed up kind of way. Still, she looked normal enough to go to the school. A list of her classes that happened to match his were in his hand, a backpack on her back. She didn't have a homeroom, and like him, was now part of the disciplinary team.

She tapped him on the shoulder, a small smile on her face, though she tried not to look like a fan girl. "Umm, excuse me. Zero, was it? I'm new here...I was wondering if you could help me out...I'm supposed to be a new part of the discipline force, but I don't really know my way around. I'd hate to be a bother, but if you could spare some time to show me around, I'd be quite grateful."

Zero turned around as if building into a towering rage if it was another fangirl, his blue eyes flashing with anger. It was extremely intimidating and Sayuri could probably see just why they'd been sent running before when he came on them like that. But his cold eyes looked surprised to see a student that hadn't been there when he'd walked past; maybe she'd just gotten there? He'd give the benefit of the doubt and inhaled deeply and sighed. He really was handsome, with a finely featured face but seemed to constantly scowl like he didn't know how to smile or had forgotten.

"fine..." he said and shook his head. "They seem to be letting anyone who asks join anyway they only last a week or so." he muttered, more to himself. "Let's go rookie." Zero said and gestured for her to follow him as he walked away to lead her around. "Since you know my name no thanks to those squawking parrots back there. What's yours?" he asked as he showed her along the corridor.

For a moment, she thought he was going to turn into some terrifying creature and kill her, but then she remembered that she was already dead and that he still had light in his aura. She smiled softly when he agreed to show her around, but held back the urge to frown as he made his little comment. Clearly they needed to work on some stress-relief techniques. Maybe if he wasn't so up tight, he'd be able to see the light more often. As he led her down a hallway, she made not of where everything was, storing it in her memory for later use.

"My name is Sayuri," she said, in answer to his rather poorly formed question. "If you want, you can call me Sai, though." It had been a nickname of hers before she'd died, but she didn't mind him using it. "So, I guess you don't like those girls very much, huh? Is there a reason behind it? Or are you just having a bad day?" Though Sayuri didn't want to upset him, she didn't want to seem like another gawking fan girl, despite his beautiful face. Her goal was to provide genuine light for him and to get him back on track with it.

((Just out of curiosity, is he modeled after the Zero from Vampire Knight?))

He quirked a brow at her and rolled his eyes at the odd questioning but had nodded slightly at the mention of her name and nickname. He'd file that away to remember to use later on, heaven forbid he'd start to be rude to her. Well ok he probably would be but he doubted he'd be openly malicious toward the new girl. Afterall she hadn't done anything...yet to tweak his nerves and set him off on a rampage after her. "Oh those girls? Well they stalk me every morning trying to get me to to pay attention to them and forget that they're tardy to class." he explained. "They're just really annoying and don't listen to me unless I scare them, easy enough to do that is though." Z said, withouteven a trace of pleasure or malice in it. His tone was cold but neutral.

"Sa....i." he said about to call her by her whole name but caught himself. By giving her nickname it showed that she was being casual about it. So he'd play like that for her at least. "Just remember one thing: the students have to be in their homerooms by 8:30.." he said and pointed up at the clock, showing 8:45. "And this is where the other members meet when they're not in classes or whatever." he said and tried to open a door but found it locked, probably another joke. "...." he stared for a moment then blatantly kicked the door open hard and broke the thin chain holding it shut.

"... they chained it up on me again... thos pricks..." he said in a low growl and let her inside. there was a security center with TV showing the school on the security cameras, a coffee machine, a table with a few files on it with chairs and the like. He'd promptly explain that this is where most of the time is spent after patrols and the like. AFtward he'd lead her upstairs to the second floor of the school and continued the tour.

"Feel free to ask whatever questions you have...I'm no genius but I can probably answer them."

Sayuri smiled at the use of her nickname. She could tell he was trying to be friendly, if not pushing himself. The light in his aura shone just a bit brighter. "Well, the girls do sound like something of a problem. Tell you what, I'll stick around you in the mornings and ward them off. I'll be like a force field," she joked. The angel let him lead her around and took in all of her surroundings, confident that she knew exactly how to get around now. "Thanks for the tour, Zero; it was really helpful. I'll be sure to let you know if I have any questions later."

All in all, it had been relatively painless to transition into her new role. Zero had accepted her well, and she was in a position where she could watch over him all the time. She could be a helping hand, a crutch and a guiding light all at once if she had to be. "I do have a favor to ask of you, though. Since you're really the only person I know here, could you tell me if we're in any of the same classes?" she asked, handing him her schedule. "I know it's kind of weird, but maybe if we have a class together I won't feel so awkward. I promise," she said, "I won't bother you after this unless I have a serious question..."

Hopefully she was coming across as sincere and candid, rather than rehearsed and creepy. Though, if her observations of Zero meant anything, he probably wouldn't care too much.

Zero nodded to her and perked a brow when he saw her schedule and flipped it over again and looked at it again and sighed. "Ok this has to be a joke or something.." he said and groaned a bit, thinking it was a joke. "They must've photocopied my schedule or something, we have all the exact same classes.' he said and shook his head and handed it back to her and let out an amused chuckle. Wait, a chuckle?! He did have a sense of humor?! HOLY CRAP IT"S A MIRACLE! But her offer to act as a shield against the fangirls did set him back visibly and he stared at her for a moment and began to blush faintly.

"... Uh I suppose you could if you wanted..." he said, actually sounding a bit shy about it. "But during classes, stick close because with a figure like yours someone's going to try and grope you but if you stick close they'll stay away. So I guess fair's fair."

"Ah, so then we have a deal. I'll watch your back and you can watch mine." She was encouraged by his chuckle to move on his good graces. This was good. A friendship between the two of them would certainly help lighten the load on his heart. He would have someone to talk to if he really wanted or needed to. And maybe, slowly, she'd be able to move him toward the light. "I'm glad I'll have someone to talk to in all of my classes. It's really awkward when you're the new kid," she said with a chuckle. "And I appreciate the protection." She tilted her head to the side and let her bright blue eyes watch him for a moment.

"Is there something we should be doing now?"

He paused and leaned up against the wall and looked at her with his arms crossed and nodded to her with a sigh. "Not really, once everyone's in class things get slow and we get some freetime until the next class starts." he said and pushed off the wall and continued on toward the door. Zero generally just spent it outside on good days like it was outside; nobody liked to be crammed up inside a building when it was a good, sunny day outside afterall. "I'm going outside. I like to watch the river behind the school flow; it helps burn off the stress I'm constantly under." he said and pushed the door open and held it for her.

Once they were outside he'd put his hands in his pockets and went over to sit down in the grass next to the slowly flowing river. It looked like it was raining upstream as the water was going faster than normal today. "hm must be raining in the mountains."

"Could be," she said softly, taking a seat next to him. "So, not that it's any of my business, but why are you so stressed? Maybe I can help," she suggested, though she didn't know if there was anything she could do at all. If there was, however, it was her job to help him. "Mmmm, it is nice today," she said taking a deep breath of fresh air. Zero did know how to pick his spots. It was quite relaxing to sit with someone and just watch the river. It had been something that she'd enjoyed before she'd died as well.

Zero sat on the bank and just watched the water passing him by as he looked over at her for a moment to answer her question. "Because life's a bitch when you're unwanted by the world itself." he said darkly and turned back to the water. "I don't know how to relax really, this is the closest I get to it because of how peaceful it is right here. Relaxation just lets people come up behind you and rest a knife in your back." he said in a mutter and groaned some and didn't seem to relax any at all. After a while though he stood back up and listened for a moment and then saw it, a box floating down the river heading for some rapids and yelping, scared whimpering.

".." He quickly stripped off his jacket and shoes and without a thought, went into the river. Swimming strongly against the current toward the box, Sayuri couldn't see until a little head poked out of the top and whined loudly as Zero sprinted/swam for it.

Z would grab the box and turn to try and make his way back but was swept downstream into the rapids where he'd get banged around some before washing up several yards and off school property. "Ngh.." he groaned as he got out of the water, shivering some as he carried the box and made his way back toward where she was and sat down with the parcel and sighed. He had a nasty bruise on his arm and shoulder from where he'd hit a rock, but he didn't seem to pay attention to it.

He'd begin to try and calm the little........puppies? down by actually cuddling the scared things close until they calmed down.

"Zero, what?!" He was in the river before she could do anything else, however. She watched him, preparing to come to his aid if at all necessary. He'd jumped into a freezing cold river to rescue a box? She frowned in concentration, trying to find out what was in the box, but she only discerned movement and fear. Still, it was enough to clue her in that there was life. As soon as he was washed up on the shore, she ran over to him, meeting him about halfway. She sat with him examining his wounds, pressing her fingers to it softly in apparent concern. Reality, however would tell him that he would heal much faster because of her single touch.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. Until, however, she noticed the little darlings in the box. She let a few crawl into her lap, their little fluffy bodies shaking with fear. She smiled softly at them and pet them, instantly calming them. "It's alright now, little ones." She looked back to Zero and smiled softly at him. The light in his aura was the brightest she'd seen it in awhile. It was enough to make one melt just a little. "How did you know they needed you?" she asked petting one behind his ears as it rested on her lap. He would take care of them all until he couldn't anymore, until they all found good homes. Sayuri could just tell.

He looked away from her like he was embarrassed to answer but continued to warm the little puppies by keeping them close to him. "I can hear them you could say." he shrugged some. "I could hear them pleading for help in my mind, even now I can hear their gratitude." Zero said, he didn't smile despite it all but she could see it by the faint flushing of his cheeks that he was embarrassed and in his eyes she could see direct concern for the little lives. "Afterall, they're just like I am... I guess you could say.." he said, dropping his guard for a moment. "Unwanted by someone and thrown away and left to die too young in life."

She frowned and wondered what this was about. "Well, I'm glad you got to them in time. But...what do you mean?" she asked, frowning as the little things cuddled closer to her. "Who threw you away?" the angel frowned and watched him carefully his shirt appearing just behind her, as though she'd carried it over. "Here," she said, handing it to him, "You should put it on before you get too cold." She pet more of the dogs as they seemed to flock to Zero, coming to her when his attentions couldn't cover all of them.

"i'll be fine." he said and wrapped it around his shoulders to warm up some and sighed. His aura seeming to get swallowed up by inky blackness for a moment as pain and loneliness ran over him at his own memories. "The woman that carried me for 9 months threw my life away. she never loved me and repeatedly told me I was useless and unnecessary in the world..." he said, looking sad again. "I'm just...living to die..."

The puppies on her lap scooted off of her as she moved. In an instant, her arms were wrapped around him, holding his dripping body closer to her. She cradled his head against her rather large chest and let the little puppies do their job and stay close to him. "But you are necessary." She wanted to convince him of his worth, but a stranger, let alone one who wasn't supposed to know anything about him didn't have much of a chance. "Take these little guys, for instance. Without you, they'd probably be dead." She let him go and frowned, er eyes staring into his. "No matter what anyone says, you have just as much right to live your life and enjoy it as the rest of us." Her voice was full of conviction as she said it, and somehow, she thought she might have overdone it just a little.

Candira said:
The puppies on her lap scooted off of her as she moved. In an instant, her arms were wrapped around him, holding his dripping body closer to her. She cradled his head against her rather large chest and let the little puppies do their job and stay close to him. "But you are necessary." She wanted to convince him of his worth, but a stranger, let alone one who wasn't supposed to know anything about him didn't have much of a chance. "Take these little guys, for instance. Without you, they'd probably be dead." She let him go and frowned, er eyes staring into his. "No matter what anyone says, you have just as much right to live your life and enjoy it as the rest of us." Her voice was full of conviction as she said it, and somehow, she thought she might have overdone it just a little.

He blinked whens he pulled him to rest his head between her large breasts and began to blush in biological response. He squirmed some and got back from her, still red faced. "Uh yeah you're right.." he sighed and scratched one behind ears, seeming to make her day. "my life's been nothing more than pain for me... I don't remember how to make friends, I'm not social at all, and I've never smiled once in my entire life and meant it." he sighed and continued to play with teh puppies with his fingers. "Maybe I really am just an accident..." he said, wallowing a bit. He really did need help, his emotions were all gloomy and she could feel his vast ocean of loneliness and sorrow.

Sayuri frowned and looked away. "You weren't an accident, Zero. And if you were, you were the best and happiest of them all." She smiled sweetly and stood up, several cute puppies in her arms. "Okay then. What should we do about these little fellows, hm?" Better to keep him on task for the moment. If he had something to do, like caring for these little ones, there was less of a chance that he would wallow in sadness. It would always be there, however. The damage had been done. There was no reason, however, that he couldn't make the most of the time he had to himself now. "Is there a place these guys can go until after our classes?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

"You're the only one that thinks so." Zero said and blinked at her and looked away, gathering up more puppies and carried them back toward the building. "There's a large cage we can put them in until classes are over in the disciplinary office." he said to her and lead her back inside to the office and pulled a big cage out of the closet and put them into it with a small tub of water and some food out of some meat pies he got out of the vending machine outside. "here they should be safe until later." He said and put a spare blanket in there for them to huddle up on. But the moment he put them down they whined and tried to catch his fingers again. "Hm..look at that it seems the like me."

Sayuri smiled. "It looks like they agree with me. Come on, Zero. We'll be back to them soon, okay?" She smiled and watched the cute little things curl up with one another. And then noticed that her new charge was still wet. "Hmm, I don't suppose you have another uniform to change into? I'd be hard pressed to explain your appearance. Her uniform was dry, even from when he had been pressed against her. He, on the other hand couldn't be very comfortable. "Isn't the laundry room around here? Why not change into your gym clothes or something and pop your stuff in the dryer?"

Zero looked at her and nodded, making sure the puppies were warm and secure before he'd get up and went to throw his own clothes in the dryer. "There's one in the back room of the gym, I just hope that nobody's in there; they shouldn't be til later" he said and headed off with Sai in tow probably. He didn't seem to give a whit that she was there as he got to the locker room and was already pulling off the jacket and undershirt. He did have a nice build with modestly defined muscles in his arms and torso as he stepped into the locker room and lost the pants and all that and hurled them in the dryer. Zero would come out in the exercise/gym uniform consisting of knee length shorts and just went shirtless and barefoot. "nobody that could see me would probably care. so I got no issue looking like this."

Sayuri had the decency to wait for him at the end of a row of lockers, leaning against them and looking away, giving him the privacy he might desire. Though she supposed it didn't matter much when he came out without a shirt on. She blushed just a little at the sight of him and raised an eyebrow when he said no one would care. "Well, are you dry and warm, at least?" she asked with a little chuckle. "How long should it be?" she asked. Her blue eyes looked into his with some effort to keep away from looking at his body for the first time. She was here to help him, not to ogle him.

"About 25-30 minutes or do, if it doesn't stall on me. It tends to happen if it gets overloaded or something but luckily I didn't." He said and shrugged again, his muscles rippling as he did. "Warm or not doesn't matter. I'd Survive longer nude in that water actually." He said and briefling explained why due to the cotton holding the moisture close to the skin and causing hypothermia so he was alright. "I know you're trying not to look at me, I really don't care if you do. Not much to see here really." he said. She could see a place on his torso where it bulged out slightly from a broken rib that hadn't healed right.

Back
Top Bottom