Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Silent Hell (Nera x Beauvoir)

A rare occurrence happened then. Morgan had a look of empathy for Simon. The ancient mage could see that Simon was scared. His quest for power has brought him to his knees. “You know for a while there I thought I loved you. Then after we went our separate ways I buried you deep in my memories. My heart has moved on Simon, but that doesn’t mean I don’t still feel for you. But if you won’t try to change you’ll just end up in another situation like this. If I help you, you’re going to leave the Vincent family and their friends alone?”

Just then the hall door burst open and his rescuers arrived. He gasped a bit as Samuel broke the lock with Simons head.

As the door swung open Morgan stepped out. “This is gonna get ugly. I need you to trust me Samuel. I think I have an idea, we need to get Simon to the dining room. And look for a puzzle box.”

~~~~~

Once everyone was gathered in the dining room Baphomet set the Lament configuration on the table with a distasteful look. “Never thought I’d see it for myself… this thing has been causing hell problems for a millennia.”

Morgan looked deep in thought. Morgan’s sarcophagus slammed down into the room and he pulled out a key ring pulling a particularly nasty black looking key out before sticking it in the lock. He turned and took the puzzle box. He figured out the configuration sooner than most and as the blade sprung up he frowned.

He pulled the coffin open letting black fog and icy air flowed out into the room. The man in chains and a mask with a straight jacket shuffled out onto the floor.

“Who the hell is this now!?” Raven cried.

Morgan sighed.

“Not that its any of your business but this Jacque Oberon. Former king of the unseelie court. My first husband and master.” Anyone of the immediate Vincent family would know the rest of the story. Jacque had treated Morgan horribly, like the slave bride he had been once. So naturally Morgan usurped his throne and kept him bound. Using him only when Morgan didn’t feel like getting his hands dirty. There was no love for Jacque on Morgan’s part.

“It’s time Jack. I’ve found things I care about more than making you hurt for all eternity.” He gave Samuel a sideways look and sheepish smile.

“I don’t forgive you. But I think I’m at the point where you can be someone else’s problem.” He stated plainly before suddenly driving the spear like configuration into the man’s gut”

Jack let out a gurgling cry as he keeled over and ran around the corner. Screams of agony we’re heard from the other room as Morgan kneeled down by Simons sleeping form.

“What do we do with him? I’m scared he might die on us, that was a pretty rough hit to the head.”

“You can’t let him die!” Raven complained.

“I won’t-“ Morgan spat.

“I just revealed to you that I kept a man in a coffin alive for countless years because he was an abusive prick.” He snapped. “In doing what I did I hoped to show all of us that we’re all capable of horrible, nasty things, but we don’t always have to do them. You don’t have to be nice, we don’t have to like each other. But goddammit we don’t HAVE to be vindictive and trying to ruin each others lives every step of the way.” He growled as he began working healing magic on Simon.

"I was going back and forth about doing the same thing." Cassiel said as his eye misted with tears. "But you doing it, Morgan, was just a beautiful sight."

Samuel sighed. "I'm sorry I did not mean to hurt you that bad Simon. I was angry, I lost my temper."

"I still cannot believe," Simon said, tears in his own eyes. He was confused, his feelings so messed up that he did not know how to even respond. "You just did not let me die. You are right. We need to find a way to stop the bullshit. Where is Nathan?"

Nathan came up from behind Raven. "I'm here. And I definitely agree. Seeing what Morgan managed to do to help an enemy. It gives me hope that well maybe I cannot be perfect but I do not need to be a jack ass either."

"I have to be a Jack Ass." Stefan said with a smirked, looking over at Morgan. "Ok I will tone it down a little. If everyone else is willing to, I can as well."

Devan took Theo's hand. He was still unable to believe everything that had just occured. Damon stepped alongside Theo taking his other hand and said. "I don't know how everyone is going to fit into this new future for our clan, but I know that we dont have to keep going on the way we have. Today can be a new day, for all of us."

“Thank you Cassiel-“ Morgan gave a small smirk before responding to Simon. “I thought about it. But I remember being in your shoes, the lengths you’d go to fight a rapidly aging body, the panic, the fear when it seems like almost everything gets to live forever but you.”

Raven should’ve probably jumped at Nathan’s voice suddenly behind him but he was his fathers son and remained cool headed although confused and overwhelmed. “I think I need some time to clear my head. I’m glad issues are getting resolved but I’m still confused as to how I fit into all of this. I just signed up to be Simons apprentice and- I need some air.” He rubbed his temples before heading down the hall and out onto the balcony.

Theo smiled at each of his mates as one took each is his hands. Ashe gave Ramiel a big hug. Your dream may be reality soon my love.

He smiled as he passed along the mental message.

Ramiel turned to Ashe and kissed him gently, speaking in his mind. 'I am getting old. I am sick and tired of the drama, you know what I mean? I just want some peace in my old age and if I have to spank every last one of these idiots I am going to get it,'

Devan and Stefan went into the hallway and talked a bit privately before coming back out. "So we have this idea. We are going to buy the house next door, and we are going to keep an eye on you guys. I know we are turning over a new leaf and everything, but we need some accountability and we wont just be sending you on your merry way. Besides for all we know you have demons in the basement or a portal to hell. You need watching. Like teenagers. You cannot be left alone for long."

"I kind of like the idea of that oddly." Nathan said. "I spend over a hundred years in time out now the idea of having a bit of freedom and a bit of guidance is great. I do hope you still call your priest friend. I am not about to become a Baptised Catholic or anything but I could use a friend to help me on the way, and so can this idiot." Nathan said hitting Simon in the back of the head.

Last edited:
Ashe smiled widely at Ramiel just so happy that maybe his love could get the peace he’d been trying so hard for.

All attention was on Devan and Stefan as they came back into the room. At the proposal of their idea Raven just raised an eyebrow.

“Nathan is right, it’s a good idea.” Baphomet nodded. Theo and Ashe nodded too while Raven rolled his eyes. But it seemed an agreement had been reached.

“We will call him but in the meantime can we please all be gentle with Simons noggin? He may be nuts but there’s still artistic talent in there.”

~~~~~~

Days later Raven sat outside in the dark of Simons back yard. Lit with nothing but string lights he read a book while his latest artistic creation dried. It was a large canvas with a carefully painstakingly detailed portrait of one of the Vincent brothers. Though Raven would never admit it was Stefan, the man’s face wouldn’t leave his mind. He grumbled slightly turning the page to his novel.

The Vincent’s had purchased the house next store like promised and as he looked at the shadows in the window he was a bit envious of his brothers. How had they found a life so perfect for themselves? Where was Raven to fit in, in all of this?”

Stefan had decided to go over to Simon's house for tea. He hated tea but it hardly mattered, he was really there for another reason. He wanted to check on Raven, whom he saw as more innocent than Simon his teacher, or Nathan his father.

Stefan brough a glass of tea for himself and one for Raven and went out to him. He was being quiet as a church mouse. He came up behind him and said. "Here is something for you to drink. Raven."

"Oh I should have called ahead of time, but I was in the neighborhood. Of course I was in the neighborhood I own the damned house and live there half the time. What you drawing?" Stefan asked the young man.

------

Simon was watching all of this from a distance, but he did not approach, deciding that the two of them were fine having a conversation together, he went back inside after a moment and left the two of them alone and went to go find Nathan to tell him that dinner was ready.

Raven nearly jumped out of his skin looking back wildly for a second. “Jesus Christ vampires move quietly-“ Raven eyed the man cautiously but took the glass. “I uh, it’s an oil painting.” Raven stepped aside a bit embarrassed. “Don’t think too much into it. I just thought maybe you needed a housewarming gift after that coma.” He lied while drinking the tea.

Raven shrugged Stefan over to a lone gazebo far out in Simons yard. As he sat down he laughed a bit. “I tore the cameras down out here. Simon was pissed.” He smiled. “So- Stefan. What brings you by? Did you wanna see me or were you passing by to talk to Nathan?”

“Actually I’m glad you did. I was hoping I could get some kind of, rundown on what’s going on between your brothers and mine. It confuses me.” He spoke quietly.

"I actually came to see you Raven. And to answer your question. Well, our families are really messed up and dysfunctional. I do not even know where to start. Let's go back further than my brothers and your brothers to Ramiel. Your father summoned Ramiel years ago, and he cursed him for shits and giggles so that his bite would always kill people.

"Ramiel got lonely, and decided to lessen the curse and the pain on him by spreading his blood and the curse to them. The first vampires were born, and that is how he became known as the Blood God. He really seems to have chilled over the years though. He was not always this benign. Back in the day he even killed entire villages."

"I guess that Ashe is some kind of ghoul to Ramiel, your one brother. They are in a kind of deep sado masochism thing, Theo is married to Devan and Damon. Theo tried to kill Damon, and after that, Damon turned him and claimed him as his. Damon invited Devan into the marriage not knowing I was still alive and that it would bind the four of us.

"Anyway there are rules that were set up by the Blood Masters on the Council that dictate the way things are in clans and between the clans. Things like the fact the eldest is always in charge. Technically the eldest is Ramiel, but he does not like babysitting his children generally speaking and leaves the actual ruling to the oldest clan member."

"I am still trying to find my way around this marriage I entered into while in a coma thanks to Baphomet and Morgan. Damon and I were in a relationship before I ended up in that coma. He and the others thought I was dead. I really need to get even with the son of a bitch that did it to me but that can wait a little while I'm still cranky and just woke up."

"Anyway, any other questions for me?" Stefan asked Raven as he sat studying him and pretending he didnt hate his tea.

As Stefan gave him the rundown on not only his brothers but the entire situation going on his mind spiraled a bit. It was hard to believe such diverse people lived under one roof especially with such craziness going on beneath it.

“Wow, geeze. That’s a lot to process even for me. I can’t imagine how you’re handling it.” He bit back his own envy towards everyone being so seemingly satisfied with their lives.

Raven took another gulp of his tea looking up at the stars. “So you and Damon had something huh. And you’re now just waking up to find that he’s married? That’s, upsetting I’m sorry. I mean are you married to Theo too then? Have you even fed yourself since you’ve awoken?” The short male sighed.

“Sorry, you didn’t ask for my ramblings. What did you come to see me for?”

"Let's talk about all your ramblings and questions at dinner tonight ok?" Stefan replied. "Simon was peaking his head around the corner to make sure you are all right and Nathan was saying a little bit ago that dinner was ready, and because its my turn to check up on the bastards I thought I'd take advantage of the chance to ask you on a date tonight. Not much of one really, just let's take dinner on the lawn outside under the moonlight. I am not a daywalker so I cannot invite you to breakfast or anything."

"You know I noticed that you seem lonely and hurting. I get it. I am lonely and hurting too. We don't have to do anything, but if you want to have some company, maybe we can ease a little of each other's pain? What do you think Raven?"

Stefan usually so confident, sounded a little unsure of himself as he talked to Raven trying to get him to agree. He hoped however that the man found it as good of an idea as he did. If he said no, Stefan knew he would feel a bit like an idiot. He could have been more pushy, as was his normal style, but he did not feel it would work very well with Raven, so he chose to not do so.

Raven paused as Stefan seemed nervous about something perhaps as he began to propose an idea to the aspiring artist. Raven thought it was strange that the eldest wanted his attention but he wasn’t going to lie and say he wasn’t flattered. After all Stefan was very handsome, and even in his own way separate from his brothers.

And while Raven wasn’t a lot of things normal people were he was, Very, lonely and definitely hurting.

the Nephilim had always been rather socially awkward and quiet but it seemed the theme of the week was trying new things.

“Actually Stefan… I think I might take you up on that… I think we might be similar in some ways. I could use someone to ease my pain with.” He admitted.

Last edited:
Stefan blinked when he saw imps carrying their dinner out to the lawn where he wanted to eat.

"Well I do not see that every day. Simon has imps? Or did they follow from the Vincent Manor. Well who cares, let's go eat."

With that Stefan led Raven over to the lawn, and thanked the imps, having a seat on the ground and smiling at the oddly romantic scene that the imps had set up.

"Ok so the Skull with flowers on it is a little weird, but you are a Nephilim and I am a vampire and imps set up dinner so I won't complain too much. By the way, has Simon made a hit on you, or is he more in lust of your art? He seems a little odd and like he is not wired right, and I don't just mean in the sense of him being nuts. You know what I mean?"

Last edited:
Raven smirked blinking his dull golden eyes. “You know- I’m not too sure whose imps they are. I almost feel a bit bad but they seem almost eager to serve and they don’t do it right half the time anyway. Could be because I think I scare them for some reason.” He murmured with a smile.

As they sat down the artist chuckled a bit at the decor but plucked a green grape from the set up and popped it into his mouth. At Stefan’s question though he sighed.

“I don’t know someone from the Vincent family supposedly saw my art and insisted I be a guest at one of his shows. At least that’s what I was told by the gallery people. Simon, doesn’t feel for me that way, I don’t know if he can feel that way for anyone. Before our whole encounter the arrangement was that I learn everything he knew about art and he could use my body and blood as canvas and paint.” Raven stated non-chalantly.

“I guess there was a part of me that thought there might be something with Simon because I’ve been lonely but. I don’t think there’s anything there but lessons and heart ache. Especially after everything I’ve heard since we teleported into your basement.”

“Objectively both Nathan and Simon have been pretty terrible people. But Simon has agreed to continue my apprenticeship and Nathan says he’ll do his best to answer my questions though we both agreed we’ll never truly see each other as father and son.”

“You’re right though, Simon is kinda nuts.” He took a sip of wine.

“How about you, you’ve got that little spit fire your brothers married. Any interest there? My brother Theo sure seems like a hot head. Ashe just seems weird and attached to your blood god like a limb almost.”

He leaned back on his elbows looking up at the stars. “It’s tragic and wonderful to think most of the people I know now will live to see some of those lights go out.” He turned on his side to look at Stefan. “I’m sorry if this is insensitive but, it must be an incredibly painful thing to live forever sometimes.”

Stefan nearly did a spitake at the idea of there actually being something between him and Theo. "Raven that kiss with Theo was me being a smart ass. I am not into him like that at all, and he hates me. That much is pretty obvious. I think the fact that I was so close to his husband may be it, some of it is the abrasiveness of my nature, and some of it is that Damon is so obviously hurting over me and even though it is not my fault directly, he seems to blame me for it."

"As far as Simon goes, I have seen his art. It's weird dark and beautiful. Even the stuff that isn't conjured from magic and actually a Cenobite waiting to attack. Yes I know about the Lament Configuration statue. It must have been terrifying, watching him come down off that cross and fight with the other monster. Luckily their attention was on each other and not so much on you though. I still cannot believe that idiot opened up the puzzle box. I am aware of the danger he played with in his pursuit of immortality. The funny thing is, if he had not pissed our family off so much we probably would have agreed to turn him."

"And Nathan, I wont call him your father as he never has and will be that in my mind, he taught Simon to be evil. I'm not sure which of them is more evil, but Simon is definitely the most stupid."

“Well I understand that you two aren’t an item. That much was pretty clear at the meeting. I wasn’t sure if vampire law dictated something different. I’m in the dark about all of this, vampires, demons, angels, before Simon I was used to being the weird thing in the room usually.”

Raven lay back and turned onto his side looking at Stefan. “About Simon, when it comes to mental states or being he’s rather alien. I think that’s why we clicked at first. I don’t understand people a lot of the time. I have a lot more capacity for feeling than him but maybe not as much as a normal person. Or maybe I just don’t know how.”

He fiddled with the pendant on his necklace.

“As for Nathan. He’ll never be my father in any sense other than biologically. I just want answers from him. I hardly know anything about myself and my entire life is so odd. I feel like he has some explaining to do.”

“Too be honest I was initially attracted to Simon for the validation that my art was decent. Maybe that made my brain run off with ideas too much. It quickly became clear there was nothing there to help with my loneliness. And even if I form some kind of relationship with Nathan down the road it’ll probably be nothing more than acquaintances.”

Raven let out a sigh. “I don’t know what I’m gonna do now. There’s a part of me that’s worried one of them will still try to use me in their games…”

He looked back at Stefan. “Sorry that was a lot to put on you. What about you? Do you feel sort of out of place too? What are you thinking of doing next? After all you’re the rightful head of the family, technically you have a right to make the decisions you want.”

"Oh don't worry about it at all, Raven." Stefan said to the other man. "I have laid a lot on you too, I am no better than you when it comes to that. Don't feel like I am special and can rant and rave but you are not able to do so because I do not work like that."

"And as far as what I want to do now that I am back. I know what I am expected to do. Clean up the mess Damon made of things. I mean we ruled the world before, and now we are at war with the god damn mages and werewolves. He couldn't even manage to hold the manor in Los Angeles, and we also lost our home in New York so I am kind of pissed off."

"So I want to try and fix the war situation and slap Damon for causing that mess, and then I want to find the guy that put me in a coma."

The imp marched into the garden and said. "I wanted to make things a little easier for you. I had my imp army find and hog tie the bastard and string him up in the dungeon."

"You want to go see him? Torture him and make him scream so that you feel better about things?" The imp said.

Raven listened with a bit of awe as Stefan explained the situation he was dealing with. It sounded beyond Ravens comprehension but it sounded like this was the secret reality of things.

“that does sound like a very stressful miasma of things to deal with.” He smiled lightly. But his eyes shifted as the Imp marched into their area. As he explained why he was there Ravens jaw dropped a bit. “Well that was timely but maybe some revenge could be an interesting sideline to this date. I’m having fun but I’d be down to go see unless you’d rather wait.”

“First though, I was a bit terrible and stole something back.” He reached into a bag pulling out his grimoire. “It’s my book of shadows, I’d leant it to Simon but he can’t really use it. It’s got all the information I know about my race and the divine magic and things I know too. I’m not magically inclined though, it’s just stuff that was already in my head somehow. But there’s things on vampires in there I think.”

Stefan nodded as he took Raven's hand. "Come on let's go see this bastard that put me in a coma." He made his way through the house, and down the stairs, and when he got there, he saw the last person on earth he expected to see. A poor elderly gentleman who definitely was not the culprit was tied up in the basement.

"God damn it John." Stefan said to the little imp. "The guy who did this was like half this age, and he wasn't even an Asian. Let the poor bastard go, and I will wipe his brain so that he does not remember that he was attacked by an army of imps."

Once the imp had done as he said, and he had released the elderly man, Stefan took a closer look at the Book of Shadows. "I am not really into magic either, but the information you have on vampires in here, the various clans, and the spells used against our kind and whatnot, its interesting. It might be helpful in the war against the mages."

"Are you going to tell Simon you took the book back, or just let him wonder where the hell it went off to?" Stefan inquired.

Raven followed Stefan down to the basement and had to stop himself from laughing as the situation became clear. Once the man was set free and Stefan was looking at the book Raven watched curiously.

“I think Simon can wonder where it is for a while.” He thought aloud after Stefan inquired. “You guys saved our lives, if this can help you a little bit I’m happy to lend it to you.”

He began to walk back upstairs with the vampire, looking at the moon with a gentle smile. “I do seem to instinctually recall there’s some kind of special reaction in a vampire that ingest Nephilim blood. Wish I could remember more.”

A tear rolled down Ravens cheek for a second. “It’s nice to see such a family even with the discord. The fact that you’ll all be around for so long is just insane.” Raven was hesitant to say the thing that was bugging him.

Nephilim were cursed after all, rare fleeting things that didn’t live very long…

"You know," Stefan began. "I know that Nephilim are cursed beings that usually have short and violent and traumatic lives. I could help with that issue for you, if you want. I could either turn you or ghoul you. I know that I don't really know you and this is a big thing, but I can sense the idea of you leaving this world the way you came into it, that it bothers you."

"Also, on another subject. Have you been around this basement. I did not even think about it before I came down here but this place is undoubtedly dangerous because your father and your mentor are both idiots. I am loathe to explore down here. I have no idea what stupid things are down here. These are the idiots that summoned the Blood Lake, and tried to move it in a movie theater with the help of Henry, another idiot you never got to meet."

"Anyway we probably ought to not try and investigate it by ourselves, I am kind of stupid myself for going down here." Stefan said. "Let's go back upstairs."

As Stefan went towards the stairs, he felt an invisible wall blocking his way. "Those stupid fucks. Simon, Nathan let us the fuck out of this basement!"

Raven turned to Stefan wide eyed. “You would do that?” He smiled a bit sadly. “That’s the nicest thing anyones ever offered to do for me.” He looked down thinking for a moment. “Me, a vampire? Or a ghoul?”

As Stefan began talking about the basement Raven nodded and walked with him. As Stefan came in contact with the barrier Raven cursed as well. He looked around for any obvious give to the spell or enchantment but didn’t see anything.

He was still stuck on what he and Stefan had just been talking about. Could he really live forever? “Stefan-“ he murmured. “Stefan!” he piped up louder to get the man’s attention and as soon as he had it Raven planted his lips on the vampires. Not caring that Stefan’s fangs scraped his lips. He hoped it wasn’t too much.

Stefan met the other man's lips in a kiss, and it lasted quite a moment before he pulled away. "That was nice, timing odd, given we are trapped in the damned basement of the Tansley Manor, however, it was nice."

Stefan exhaled and said. "Maybe we can just fuck and then worry about how to get out later." He paused and patted the smaller man on his shoulder. "I'm just kidding. I would love to obviously but timing is everything. We will look more closely at how to give you immortality after we figure out how to get out of this basement."

"Simon, Nathan, get your asses down here right now!" Stefan said as both men came down the stairs.

"Don't step to the....." Simon squealed. "----right...."

Stefan barely made it out of the way before being skewered by a long metal stake coming out of the ground. "Nathan I need you to untrip the traps if you would."

Nathan went over to the wall and pulled a lever that made the stake go back down and said. "You should be able to go back upstairs now. And dont wander around without us again."

“Sorry, spur of the moment, heated emotions all that jazz. But it was nice I liked it.” He offered sheepishly. “And yeah that sounds nice but more pressing matters yknow.”

Once Simon and Nathan’s footsteps could be heard he relaxed a bit, but tensed again immediately swaying away from the stake without trying to trigger anything else .

As Nathan pulled the lever Raven relaxed and began ascending the stairs with Stefan. “Did that thing get you at all. Are you hurt?” He looked at Nathan and Simon.

“Why have those things even armed if you aren’t keeping anyone down there?” He snipped.

He felt a little caught red handed in the basement with Stefan but he tried to remain cool about it, avoiding looks from his father and mentor. “Anyway Stefan and I were trying to walk and talk when the basement trapped us. Blame the imps for making us think they’d actually done something helpful. But we’ll be on our way-“

Stefan led Raven out of the basement and said. "Mental note to self, never go in basement for any reason at all unless absolutely necessary."

Stefan ignored Simon and Raven as he led them back over to the house next door where the Vincent family stayed when babysitting Nathan and Simon to make sure they were not causing any issues for themselves or anyone else.

Stefan kissed Raven again gently on the lips and then said. "I had a really nice time. I hope you did too. Even though I almost got skewered and the imps got my hopes up about the guy who put me in a coma. Lucas Sangrey is going to get the shit beat out of him when all is said and done, Raven. That stupid fuck nearly killed me. Damon and Devan do not know this, and he has been cosying up to them for the last century. Its disgusting."

"Anyway do you think you would want to be a vampire, and feed off the blood of others, or a ghoul and addicted to my blood in order to survive? Its not like with angels and demons, its not a one shot deal unfortunately as a ghoul. But I would offer you the choice."

Raven hurried out of the basement with Stefan smiling a bit from the looks he got from Nathan and Simon. As they made their way over to the Vincent’s house the Nephilim felt his heart fluttering a bit. He didn’t know why but he was growing to like Stefan rather quickly.

He met the kiss with a grin. “I really did too. And I’m sure Lucas Sangrey is gonna get his from your hands soon.” Raven reassured him. “But we should definitely do this again soon.”

He looked up at the moon and at Stefan’s question he flushed a bit red. “A vampire or a ghoul. I don’t know, ghoul seems like less of a change. But the vampires, all of you are so beautiful. Is that a terrible reason to become a vampire? It must be. To want to live forever, be beautiful and haunt you for eternity. Feels selfish. Are you sure you even want to taste my blood?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom