Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed Apocalypse World Interest Check

Closed - no longer seeking

Silver Screen Fiend

Super-Earth
I want to play a smutty game of Apocalypse World with a group of about 3 to 5 players. It's a rules light narrative-focused game that gave way to the Powered by the Apocalypse (PbtA) group of games that includes the superhero themed game of Masks. Rules for the system can be obtained for free from this page. While I haven't played it yet myself, I feel confident taking on the role of the Master of Ceremonies (MC) since I'm a fairly weathered GM for other systems like D&D and Shadowrun, but I'm not opposed to letting someone else take the reigns, either. The whole point is to tell a story together. Rolling dice in this game affects essential elements of the moment-to-moment plot so that the action moves along at a steady pace. Don't expect linear paths or railroading because the game actively discourages that, so expect every player to share the spotlight and put in an equal share of creative work. Character creation is an integral part of the world building process, and the conflicts they endure will shape the nature of their environment. Sex plays a part in the game's mechanics as well, and since this is an adult role play forum why not take full advantage to make it as horny as possible?

Here's where I have to be careful. This is a post apocalyptic wasteland cast in the shadow of what North America used to be. It's Fallout, Fist of the North Star, Road Warrior, A Boy and His Dog, and every other fictional wasteland that is cool and awesome and dark and terrifying at the same time. There are slavers and cannibals and cults and disturbed psychics and mutants and monsters. These threats are real, but that doesn't mean I want to make them an object of sexual arousal, unless it can be played in a way that's personally comfortable for me and the other players. I don't want to put down a strict list of no's at the risk of compromising creative potential, but I still want to illicit some arousal from the narrative, too. Confident, consensual sex between survivors is always an option, but there's room for things to get a little kinky, a little in the grey area, enough to titillate and captivate.
So in general, I want players to create characters who are at least partially sexually motivated so that erotic scenes could play out between PC's and NPC's, so they should have some characteristics that make them sexually attractive. I'm a personal fan of athletic physiques, huge tits, and long hard fat throbbing cocks, but that's just me.

What about you? Does this sort of thing hold your interest? Have you played the game before? Do you have experience with other systems? Post here in the thread or PM me to discuss it further!

Last edited:
Meat, the Faceless

0aY17wo.jpg

Meat certainly had parents. A mother and a father. Perhaps they loved him. He will never know; they are both dead. They died before he could know them, in any real sense. Raiders killed them. Meat was raised by survivors, but they too were killed when Meat was a boy, and the raiders took him and made him into a child soldier for them. Meat killed his first human being at the tender age of 5, and he no longer remembers any of the facts surrounding this act. He has certainly killed many more since.

Perhaps it is this early exposure to violence that has shaped Meat into what he is now. Perhaps there was some indelible flaw within him that was there since his conception. Meat cannot know.

Meat killed people, and people died around Meat. The raided, and the raiders. His nomadic band was whittled down. The vehicles they at first used broke down, or were abandoned for want of fuel. Meat would have died, too, if he had not found his true face. But he did, and he survived where others died. When the raiders' strength fell too low to successfully raid, Meat decided to kill the raiders. He took what supplies they had, and ventured off alone.

Man, scrounged armor, dead eyes, huge body

Cool +1 Hard +2 Hot -1 Sharp 0 Weird +1

Rasputin: shot, stabbed, and poisoned, you just keep coming. When you are being scary as fuck and coming at someone, you get +1armor. You still get shot and stabbed, bleeding just doesn't bother you that much anymore.

Juggernaut: take -2 on all "when you suffer harm" rolls.

As one: attempts by other PCs to seize your mask by force, or to get you to remove or give away your mask by going aggro or seduction/manipulation, are at -2. NPCs will never succeed at unmasking you against your will, even if you are completely at their mercy.

Gear: machete (3-harm hand messy), scrounged armor 2-armour (a bunch of kevlar and stab plates held together by various belts and straps and repurposed sports equipment along with handmade armoured odds and ends to fill in where needed), oddments worth 2-barter

Mask: a painted ballistic mask
The Unexpected: when someone sees you unmasked for the first time, they take s-harm, in addition to anything else that happens.
Unmasked, Meat is:
Irresolute. When you inflict harm, inflict -1harm.
Grotesque. Every PC who sees you goes immediately to Hx+3 with you.

I'd imagine if the character's acceptable that Meat probably lives in a tent or a salvaged camper outside the school building, rather than inside, along with all of the other men.

He's useful for violence and physical labour - I imagine him as a fuck off or get wrecked xbox huge fellow. Kind of like Raoh in Fist of the North Star.

We can say that Nadja met with Valkyrie and her partner while she was out scavenging a debris-filled building: they had an amicable chat, where Valkyrie and her partner warned Nadja about one of the many short-lived nomadic raider groups, Nadja traded them a few refurbished flashlights for some rations before they both split.

Then tragedy struck, Valkyrie lost her previous idyllic life and they met up again when Nadja was being pursued by some creeps. Valkyrie shot them all dead and Nadja persuaded her to come with to stay with a group of survivors who'd built up a community.
I like it! Their original meeting would have been years ago, now; Valkyrie's a very different person now to the one Nadja remembers meeting.

Here's my pitch for a modification, if you and @Motoharu are aboard:

Valkyrie is the assassin who killed Adelaide's mother. It was just a job to her; the leader of the rebel faction hired her, small payment up front and the rest when the job was done. Not her preferred arrangement, but she was desperate, so she took it. Easy enough work, with people on the inside leaving her way unbarred. She got in and out, then hunkered down nearby for a few days waiting for the rest of her payment. Naturally, it never came — so she headed back into the hold, looking to get what she was owed, and found the place in chaos. That's when she ran into Nadja again, being pursued by some creeps from the rebel faction.

After they were dealt with, Nadja filled Valkyrie in on what was going on and talked her into joining up with Adelaide. Valkyrie hadn't known the old leader had a kid, and while that probably wouldn't have stopped her she still feels guilty for the situation she's put Adelaide in. Continuing to stick around afterward the outright rebellion was a terrible idea, but with her ex-employer dead, Valkyrie is pretty sure her secret is safe. There's probably still someone out there who knows something, though...

If we should have a local specialty either way, I think it'd be best for @Inkybus to pick it, since she is playing the crafting character
If we are going with a boarding school in the countryside, I would argue the community would have expansive fields to grow food and a few grazing spots for cattle and fowl husbandry, not a manufacturing building for industrial purposes. If we go with a standard "nukes killed the world" backstory for the apocalypse, it would not behoove the Powers that Be during the war to render the countryside the school is located in, into a glass crater.

In such a community, Nadja's biggest contributions would be to refurbish generators to procure electricity for the floodlights on the big defensive walls, refurbished ovens and water purifiers for cooking and everything that requires water to be drinkable as well as keeping the tools to keep the wilderness around them at bay: chainsaws, some tractors and forklift-like appendages that go onto tractors.

Alternatively, we don't need to have things to trade, strictly speaking. From what I understand, we are a self-sufficient group that has a bit of everything but lack more resources that can make us grow: did I understand that correctly? We can not only trade in items, but we can also trade in services!

Think about it: if we have an Angel and a Savvyhead, we can offer to fix people and things for people who live around us and in return they give us things to get even better at agriculture and using the natural resources around us.

Last edited:
@Silverbird that is fine with me as long as you and @Silver Screen Fiend are fine with pvp if Adelaide finds out. Barring you becoming her best friend and/or lover before she founds out, she would definitely try and kill you. Heck, even if you are, it'd start an insane argument over whether "it was just a job," is a valid excuse. I definitely won't metagame over it. Adelaide's theory is that one of the remaining rebels she gave clemency to was the assassin. However, there are 20 of them, and she can't afford to kill 20 of her violent bastards over a grudge without risking an outside threat from taking the holding. She is going to be investigating the remaining rebels when she has time to try and figure out which one was the assassin. Maybe one of them will eventually let slip that you did the killing, but it should give you plenty of time to play your character and build a solid arc. Considering you were an outsider and killed a rebel while protecting Nadja, you would be welcome to join the Holding, and relatively trusted.

@Inkybus I like your suggestions. Based on that, I think the protection gig makes the most sense. We offer protection to a smaller and less secure holding of primarily men, which is where most of the women find lovers. For a small local specialty, we probably do some wood working with trees from the nearby forest, but not on a scale for me to take a point in it.

With that, here's what I'm planning on taking for points in our holding.

your population is large, 200-300 souls. Surplus: +1barter, want: +disease.
for gigs, add protection tribute. Surplus: +1barter, want: +obligation.
your gang is large instead of medium, 60 violent bastards or so.
your compound is tall, deep and mighty, of stone and iron. Your gang gets +2armor when fighting in its defense

your population is decadent and perverse. Surplus: -1barter, want: +savagery.

The last point will be either that our armory or vehicles are shit. I don't really have a preference between the two, does anyone else have a preference between those two weaknesses?

I wonder if we will have functioning sewers. I somehow doubt that will have survived the apocalypse, since toilets and showers are practically necessary to live good lives and Apocalypse World does not do 'good lives'...

So my question to the GM will be: how do we keep ourselves clean? Is there a river to bathe in? Or a lake? Or did we get to keep the showers through some manner of autonomous sewer system?

The last point will be either that our armory or vehicles are shit. I don't really have a preference between the two, does anyone else have a preference between those two weaknesses?
I can't imagine the armory being bad. It's not exactly the easiest to find room for a sizable and defensible garage, but a dedicated armory might be reasonable, since any of the former rooms could be repurposed. This is especially the case since we're running with a savvyhead.

I wonder if we will have functioning sewers. I somehow doubt that will have survived the apocalypse, since toilets and showers are practically necessary to live good lives and Apocalypse World does not do 'good lives'...
I can't imagine there would be, though I suppose it depends on the type of apocalypse we've faced, to be true. Perhaps in the ensuing fifty years somebody tried to keep that all up and running, would make some sense why we pulled so many people.

I want to have a way to be clean IC because I care to keep filth out of my smut. Cum and spit is fine, blood and sweat as well to a much lesser extent but actual toiletplay and dirt in my smut is a big No.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the armory being bad. It's not exactly the easiest to find room for a sizable and defensible garage, but a dedicated armory might be reasonable, since any of the former rooms could be repurposed. This is especially the case since we're running with a savvyhead.
Alright, that makes sense to me. Shit garage.
So my question to the GM will be: how do we keep ourselves clean? Is there a river to bathe in? Or a lake? Or did we get to keep the showers through some manner of autonomous sewer system?

Up to GM, but my thoughts were we'd have the dorms with one family or two singles per dorm. They'd share a bathroom, but I wouldn't expect them to have indoor plumbing. Probably do it medieval style. But I would think there'd be a lake and a river on the property, you could bathe in as well as a well. But that's just my personal thoughts, I have no objection to having indoor plumbing if it gives you less ick.

I don't mind if the characters have a river or lake that is clean that they can bathe in. What we need to keep the rivers clean is to not throw filth into it. As long as we have something understandable to keep clean.

There's a water tower on the roof of the gymnasium. Water from an underground aquifer is drawn up using a siphoning system to get it from the well to the water tower so the ancient plumbing system can maintain water pressure. The showers still function, but if you want a hot bath someone needs to heat up a couple cauldrons over a fire to make enough hot water to bathe in a copper tub. Because water is such a precious resource, most citizens take sponge baths with a bucket of fresh water and hand made soap crafted from animal tallow, saving their bath or shower for once or twice a week.There is also a creek which feeds a river not too far from the campus, which is adequate for bathing. Without a larger infrastructure from the Golden Age left functioning, plumbing is decidedly more primitive. There aren't any sewage treatment plants running anymore, so St. Mary's has piped its waste to an unused field on the far side of the property. This area is sometimes harvested for fertilizer, something which peasant farmers have done throughout history, but it's among the lowest jobs in the settlement, and often given as a punishment for rule breakers.

St. Mary's has a good compliment of sheep, goats, and cattle. Wool, leather, and the clothes, blankets, belts, and bags made from them are their primary exports, in addition to soap and bone china. Skilled seamstresses work long hours every day to make beautiful pattern cloth or durable coats. Cobblers make some of the best leather shoes and boots in New England. Animal bones are broken down and used to create inexpensive yet beautiful pottery in the large kiln that was built using bricks leftover from the school's last pre collapse renovations.

As far as radiation goes, only the nuclear power plants left abandoned produce any significant radiation, and even those are decently contained thanks to safety standards enacted before everything ended. Civil servants spent a great deal of time and effort trying to figure out how to make such places unapproachable by people far into the future who might not even speak English. Luckily enough, concepts such as radiation, nuclear power, and contamination are still on the minds of most survivors, so the classic warning signs are avoided by all but the most stupid or insane. Bomb sites only have residual radiation left at their epicenter. There are more dangerous things to worry about besides radiation.

The Maelstrom is an altogether supernatural phenomenon, something like the anomalies found in the STALKER games, but on a much, much larger scale. It's what makes weird things happen, but rarely in the safety of the settlement. When human minds are busied with chores and hard work they get closed off from the madness floating around in the ether. Similarly, those who are intoxicated are also immune to warp madness. As such, only those wandering alone in the wilderness, their minds left to open up to the psychic maelstrom out of boredom, desperation, or simple curiosity become magnets for weird shit. What kind of weird shit? Genuine monsters perhaps. Perversions of nature, like animals gone mad with brain parasites, or trees that swallow victims into their trunks. Holes that suddenly open up in the ground leading to who knows where. Strange people from lands that resemble no place on earth, touched by collective madness of humanity's sins. It isn't something you can quantify, but enough campfire ghost stories wind up being true to make any wild man's ramblings give pause.

Since the settlement is "decadent and perverse", I imagine there's a decent amount of sex going on, in addition to some drinking to help pass the time. Someone probably figured out how to make vodka from potatoes, and there's a still in one of the basement rooms. A school of this size would have its own chapel, but would anyone still worship in it? Was the student led rebellion a heretical one? Is anyone still a practicing catholic? And, not to be a pervert or anything, but a settlement of attractive women might be a good sort of place to run a fairly healthy and safe brothel, but I also figure the hardholder might actively hate that idea.

When human minds are busied with chores and hard work they get closed off from the madness floating around in the ether. Similarly, those who are intoxicated are also immune to warp madness. As such, only those wandering alone in the wilderness, their minds left to open up to the psychic maelstrom out of boredom, desperation, or simple curiosity
Repetitive and boring labor exists. Someone could be sweeping the floor of a big room and have their minds wander just as easily if not more than someone hiking through a boring seeming wasteland with the 2009 color scheme. What happens then? Seems kind of extreme that someone who's cutting grass while daydreaming suddenly opens a portal to a hostile dimension and gets turned inside out or lets aliens/demons into reality that kill their friends just because.

Repetitive and boring labor exists. Someone could be sweeping the floor of a big room and have their minds wander just as easily if not more than someone hiking through a boring seeming wasteland with the 2009 color scheme. What happens then? Seems kind of extreme that someone who's cutting grass while daydreaming suddenly opens a portal to a hostile dimension and gets turned inside out or lets aliens/demons into reality that kill their friends just because.
Okay, maybe it's not a completely thought out concept, but in the book it does mention the psychic maelstrom and how anyone can open their minds to it, and maybe some people open their minds too much, so let's scrap it for now.

We could say that in areas where there was much despair when the apocalypse happened, abhorrent things skitter and crawl out, to lash at whatever humanity is closeby and has attracted their attention. The echo of the people that died fuel the storms in the area and make these bleak zones, with blurred borders. Wanderers or scavengers may think they are safe and unknowingly stray too close, paying with their blood for the error in judgement.

These phenomena of the storms remain within those borders, which sometimes wax and sometimes wane- but the rumble, the chaotic sounds can be heard just about if someone focuses on it- or does not focus much on other things. An unnerving noise no one knows much about yet? Or maybe a smell? Whatever you want it to be or manifest as.

It could also be the case that if multiple people are gathered together, whatever the Maelstrom's effects are muted, sorta like a herd immunity situation? The people who are doing the mundane tasks are kept safe by the fact that there are a bunch of people having fun or doing other crazy stuff to keep their minds off of it. I also don't think that they were insinuating one person could let their mind slip and suddenly everyone is in danger because it draws ever monster nearby.

I don't greatly like the idea of places of despair being the case, because then even St. Mary's would perhaps be stained in this way, what with the recent almost coup. People dying or otherwise being in anguish would cause things. Anytime the place is in Want, it could happen. I expect bad things to happen, but I think the Maelstrom should only be part of that in rare cases.

I don't greatly like the idea of places of despair being the case, because then even St. Mary's would perhaps be stained in this way
That is a fair assessment. Plus, it would not account for regular wilderness becoming more spooky, because humans don't really live enough in the wilderness to leave a storm like that and I feel that such a thing would be a fair addition to the setting.

A school of this size would have its own chapel, but would anyone still worship in it? Was the student led rebellion a heretical one? Is anyone still a practicing catholic? And, not to be a pervert or anything, but a settlement of attractive women might be a good sort of place to run a fairly healthy and safe brothel, but I also figure the hardholder might actively hate that idea.
Hmm, I could see this going either way, but for what would be the most fun for an ERP, I'm going to say that they do have a brothel, and in fact it is in the chapel itself. I can definitely change this if it offends anyone, but I feel like if the community largely rejected religion after the apocalypse, that would really set up how they became so decadent and perverse.

Let's have the rebels be a new sect of Christianity that arose when their founder found an old copy of the bible, and created her own sect of Christianity, that can have significant differences from real world Christianity. One of their demands is to shutdown the brothel, and return the chapel to a place of worship.

Adelaide's view is that the brothel is a necessary evil, and she has never gone their herself. She has rules that no girl can be forced to work there to eat or pay back a debt, and so most of the prostitutes are girls that would rather do that than work in the fields or some other job, especially since the stigma only exists with the small religious faction. There are also male prostitutes that wouldn't have such protection. She also bans all prostitution in the rest of the Holding. This could allow there to be an NPC who runs brothel, and is opposed to Adelaide for preventing her from expanding the brothel and her forcing more girls to work there, but is even more opposed to the rebels that want to ban it entirely. Right now, she'd be allied with Adelaide, but that could change.

How does that sound to everyone? Again, I will definitely change it if the idea offends anyone. Oh, and I love everything else that SilverScreen wrote. That sounds perfect for the holding.

How does that sound to everyone?
On this, I have no objection. Nadja might work a couple times there as well, but as a domme (unless the brothel is supposed to offer only submissive partners - Nadja is generally not submissive) when she wants to blow off some steam. Maybe. I will think on this.

I'm gonna start making official threads for the campaign. I'm thinking of calling it, "St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches." What does everyone think about the name?

On this, I have no objection. Nadja might work a couple times there as well, but as a domme (unless the brothel is supposed to offer only submissive partners - Nadja is generally not submissive) when she wants to blow off some steam. Maybe. I will think on this.
I can't think of any reason a brothel would only have submissive partners. You doms probably aren't in as high demand, but with your character's description, she might easily be the most popular dom at the brothel.

I'm gonna start making official threads for the campaign. I'm thinking of calling it, "St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches." What does everyone think about the name?
Sounds good to me!
She might easily be the most popular dom at the brothel.
And she will have to be, since she is fairly picky about her partners. I am still not 100% on that idea, but I will sleep on it and decide later.

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the new thread, but can we add sexuality, kinks, and limits to the character sheets? I think that would be good to know before starting the rps.

Back
Top Bottom