Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches / Apocalypse World / Rules and Setup

Silver Screen Fiend

Super-Earth
In Apocalypse World there are no turns, no initiative scores to track, nor does the MC make any moves, (actions that require rolls). PC's cannot conscientiously make moves either. All actions must be described or discussed with the MC who then interprets what moves may or may not coincide with the action. Some are obvious, others less so, but intelligent players can certainly put forth actions that they predict will require specific move rolls. The OOC thread is the ideal location for presenting ideas and asking questions from the MC or other players. Once the MC has responded with a prompt to make a move or not, the PC can then proceed to make a "post" in the primary role playing thread. Players are expected to handle their own dice rolls, whether with a digital roller or actual dice rolls, and present the outcomes to the MC in the OOC thread, who will then make a post describing the resolution in the IC thread.

If a PC likes an NPC enough to want to flirt with them, they are encouraged to do so without hesitation. Among other PC's it is highly recommended to check with the player first before making a move. Sexual preferences of PC's are up to the players to decide, but it's fair to assume that most, if not all, NPC's are bisexual or pansexual to some degree. The citizens of the Hardhold are especially frisky by reputation, but outsiders might or might not be so liberal with their sexual lifestyles.

It is best assumed that non-con activities are not to occur. Grotesque scenes of torture, cannibalism, and mutilation are to be similarly avoided. Matters involving bathrooms activities are best left unspoken, or at least mentioned with as little detail as possible. If a PC believes that these rules can be broken for a thematically appropriate scenario that advances the plot and development of their character then they may make the case to the MC who will then ask the other players if they'll accept its inclusion. Otherwise it's best to leave it behind the curtain.

@Silver Screen Fiend @Silverbird @Inkybus @Ironuyh @Ask the Question

Some personal house rules. In order to keep the game running faster, if you describe something in RP that you believe triggers a move that requires the roll, you have the option to roll in ooc before I confirm whether that roll was a move. If you choose to do that and I believe that what happened triggered a different move instead, we still use your roll, I just change the modifiers as appropriate. If the action doesn't require a roll, then that roll is dead, and does not get to be saved for later.

Second, any player that is ok with their character involved in a non-con scene needs to affirmatively let me know. Any non-con scenes would take place in PMs so no one else has to read them. Same with other limits mentioned by other characters, though remember I won't run any scenes with my limits in them.

Back
Top Bottom