Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Night: Beauvoir and Nera

Theo watched the man scurry away taking note of his look towards the blade. As the brothers began judging his punishment the former hunter rolled his eyes and turned around. “I’m still new at this whole undead with authority thing.” He sighed. “But, I mean if you want me to treat him like per say, a hunter being punished; then I could always chain him up in the basement and throw buckets of cold water on him for days until he’s near hypothermic.

“For now though; Henry! I imagine Damon already has an outfit for you or could get you one fitted easy enough but you are to dress as a maid when around the family for the next month.”

He turned back to the brothers wondering if they approved, asking with a look. “And no, I’m not going to fuck him.” He paused for a moment. “Indulge my curiosity but am I more attractive as a vampire? Is that how it works? Then, what now? You turned me Damon, now what do I do?”

Devin and Damon both looked in Theo, direction, saying at the same time. "Yes..." they looked at each other and said. "You are..."

It was creepy the way they said it at the same time, then Damon cleared his throat and said. "Vampires are always more appealing than humans, it is just the way it is. So yes, Henry would be more attractive as a vampire, but do you think I did not see him as being unable to handle the power? He is a sniveling little coward and a back stabber. How could he stand against hunters or protect himself or anyone else from danger?"

As if on cue, Henry slipped and fell through a trap door in the room. One that even Damon and Devin did not know was there. Henry let out a shriek and screamed. "Help me!"

"Come on you two, we need to fetch him from whatever the hell secret entrance he just discovered in my home." Damon said, gesturing to the other two vampires.

If Theo could’ve been blushing he would’ve been. He hadn’t expected such an honest and quick answer to the question, though Damon’s added on but didn’t surprise him much.

“Does he still believe after all this time that you might still decide to turn him? Jeeze.” Just then he heard the commotion and Henry’s shriek. “Oh good lord.” Theo followed the brothers to the trap door and looked at them. “Well, top of the food chain first.” He motioned for them to go down the stairs before him.

As the new vampire followed his uppers down the stairs. He took in their surroundings. “How do you have a room you don’t even know about? Where’d you get this place from anyway. Henry!? Where are you?”

Henry picked himself up from the bottom of the stairs. "I'm right here." The human said. "I think I hurt my foot. I dont know if I can walk out of here like this."

Damon went down the stairs and glared at Theo's new slave, and his former mate. He moved over to him and said to Theo and Devin. "One of you help this idiot up."

Damon held Henry's gaze for a moment and said. "I think we just need to have a real talk. The three of us. About expectations. The place we hold in the family. What is expected from each of us." The oldest Vincent clan member said. "The fact you fall and hurt your ankle and squeal like a twelve year old girl is just one example of why you are not suited to be a vampire. Do you realize how dangerous this life can be? Do you? You think its a punishment but its really for your own good."

"And I wouldn't turn you either. There is one other option, if you could possibly earn it." Devin said. "You could be ghouled. If the problem is your mortality, becoming one of us is not the only way to avoid dying. But its not going to be handed to you if you keep trying to stab Theo and anyone else in the back. Do you understand Henry?"

"Yes." Henry said. "Its not about the vampire thing really. I mean, being a vampire would be cool, but its more the fact I know that Damon doesn't want me anymore."

Theo walked down the stairs and looked at Henry’s ankle. He listened as Damon scolded the man and reminded him that he wasn’t going to make him a vampire. But as Devon proposed an alternative idea he paid more attention.

“A ghoul. How does one go about that. What’s the difference?” Theo asked as he gingerly picked up the human suddenly amazed by his own strength. But he was pulled from it by Henry’s confession as they walked up the stairs. “You were… Raised for this your entire life. I was almost just like you but I got out… Until Damon found me. It’s natural to feel heartbroken when you’ve been built up to feel like a failure in this situation.”

Gently he set Henry down in a chair then out his hands on his hips. “If you learn one thing from me make sure it’s this. If a man wants you, you’ve never been in more danger than that.” The vampire paused before turning back to the brothers avoiding eye contact, especially with Damon in that moment. Subconsciously he gripped his right upper arm with his left hand, the place where his ID tattoo lay on the underside of his arm.

“Well, should we explore the newly discovered area of this building-?” He was stalling. Hoping Damon didn’t have any plans involving him at that moment. “What do we do about Henry? Is there like a human doctor on staff here or-?”

Devin looked to Damon, and then said. "You want to explain it to him, or should I?" He looked like he was just a little sick of being the teacher here. He almost seemed to be saying that Damon should actually put forth a little bit of effort since the transformation of Theo was his idea.

Damon did not answer directly, but did answer by looking Theo in the eye and saying. "To make a vampire, one drinks the blood of that individual, and then they feed them their blood. They are snatched from death, and reborn as a vampire with a thirst for human blood."

"To make a ghoul, a human is fed the blood of a vampire from a specially crafted chalice. It is a ritual that has to be completed once a month, for basically, forever. The chalice grants immortality but does not transform the individual, but it is only temporary and only lasts as long as you continue to drink monthly."

Devin gestured for his brother to stop before correcting him, as he finished explaining. "My brother is not being totally forthcoming about how it works. You only become a vampire if you are mortally wounded and then fed blood. Now if you give him your blood right now, it would heal him and we would not need a doctor. If you do not mortally wound him either before or after giving him your blood, he will not become a vampire. It is called the Blood Oath. The difference between using or not using the chalice, is basically nothing.

The chalice is just a stupid ritual kind of like the one he performed with you. You still would have been made a vampire regardless of where it was done, and whether or not it was on the dinner table. Basically, it is a promise to serve someone in exchange for eternal life. You would be granted certain powers over him. You would be able to read his thoughts, and his emotions. If he tried to hurt you again, it would cause him a certain amount of pain. So it is probably a pretty good idea to consider doing it. A vampire is addicted to human blood. A ghoul is addicted to vampire blood. That is basically the difference. That and he doesnt get nifty fangs and super strength and powers like you do."

As Damon began explaining to him Theo did his best to maintain the man’s gaze. Too be honest it was hard to look his sire in the eyes. It felt like he was back on that table with Damon over him again. He raised a brow as he took in the information about ghouls.

When Devin started to speak Theo relaxed a little and went over to the trap door locking and securing it. He made a mental note to possibly explore it with Devin later. As the aforementioned explained more in depth and clarified a few things Theo chewed his lip.

He let out a sigh. “Fine, fine, we’ll do it this once as an incentive Henry. Why I have to do it I don’t know, but listen if you really prove yourself loyal to me and we work on getting you some thicker skin than we’ll talk about continuing.”

He held up a wrist and quickly slashed a nail across it holding it out for Henry to drink from and looked away with his eye closed worried it would feel uncomfortable.

Henry took Theo's offered wrist, and began to drink from it. There was a connection made between the two men where Henry's eyes met Theo's, and he could not help but feel a little weird about the fact he was currently drinking blood from a man that he had tried to kill just a little bit ago.

Devin smiled a little as he looked at Theo, with an amused look on his face. "This isn't going to hurt Theo." He said, answering the concerns the other man had. "If anything you should both be enjoying the process."

"I sure know that I am." Damon said in response. Once they were finished, Damon looked over to Henry, once he had healed. "Would you kindly fuck off for a little bit somewhere Henry I would like to talk to my brother and my mate alone."

"Yes, Master Damon." Henry said in response and then he got up and left to the other room.

Henry’s lips made contact with his skin and it was soft. As Henry began to drink a pleasurable tingle began to spread up his arm and he opened his eyes looking down to Henry’s gaze as he heard Devin. He swallowed a few times looking towards the brothers and trying to hide his flustered expression.

As Damon spoke Theo tried not to sneer but raised on eyebrow. Letting out a small sigh despite himself as Henry pulled away and the wound began to close. He watched the human scamper away from Damon’s command. Theo walked over closing the door behind the man before the new vampire moved to leaning back on the table.

“Ok, that was an- experience.” He looked at Damon then and raised an eyebrow expectantly. “What did you wanna talk about?”

"So I have a confession to make." Damon said as he had a seat on the bench where Henry was a few moments earlier. "I know exactly what is down below, I just did not want to let on to that because of Henry's presence. I do not trust him with this information. I trust you."

"There is something, or someone rather, imprisoned in the basement below. It is a dungeon that has belonged in the family for a long long time. It is something we really do not want to get out." Damon said.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me that this was here?" Devin demanded. "Who is down there?"

Damon got a serious and almost frightened look on his face. "It is the maker of us all."

Theo had been expecting some belligerent conversation or maybe even Damon to try and bite him but he certainly didn’t expect the lord of the house to get all serious. As Damon talked Theo turned to look at him.

If he’d known what was down there why was Damon in such a hurry to get Henry out? But as the vampire explained Theo stood more to attention and looked at Devin as he spoke. “Wait there’s someone trapped down there? Well unless they’re a vampire they’re probably-“ but as Damon spoke he shut up.

“What-? Devin what is he talking about?” Just then Theo gasped as pain exploded in his blind eye and he put a hand to the eyepatch as visions flooded his mind.

He was curled up, nude on a an endless sea of black petals. Asleep. Theo was looking down on his own form wondering what was going on until a long shadowy arm he couldn’t make out the exact appearance of reached down to him. Theo watched himself as he took the hand in a gentle clasp waking up just enough to nuzzle his face against it. Then the vision changed and he was back to his own point of view but the shadowy man was in front of him holding him against a wall by his wrists. He tried to scream but no sound came.

Theo snapped back into himself where he’d managed to basically collapse onto the bench next to his master leaning on the man a bit. “Sorry, that was weird. I zoned out really intense for a few seconds.” He cleared his throat not sure how to explain. He started to remove himself from Damon and scoot farther away.

Devin walked up to his brother Damon, and his sire, and back handed him. "Are you out of your god damned mind? How long has he been here? How did you even manage this? What if he gets loose? God damn it brother, he bites us, we are dead. Period, and you pissed him the fuck off."

"How long has he been down here?" Devin demanded. He was shaking from anger and fear. "You tell us right now you idiot. How long have you had the Blood God hostage?"

"About a month." Damon explained. "I had help from a mage. But he botched it, and I, well I was so pissed I killed him. The mage I mean, not the blood God. He was supposed to erect a brick wall around him. It never happened. He does not need blood, but he still gets very thirsty, and he usually feeds nightly."

The Blood God reached out with his senses, and whispered in the mind of the young fledgling vampire and former hunter. "Theo...."

He was having a hard time establishing a link, but he was trying nonetheless. "Find me..."

Last edited:
Theo’s jaw dropped as Devin just backhanded his brother, the big scary master of the house. He stood in shock at how angry and afraid the usually cool vampire was. Also shocking sad how vulnerable his master looked right now. He was lost though, who were they talking about?

Then Devin dropped the name and Theo looked at him. The blood god? No. That was an old legend told to scare the hunter children. “…why?” Theo muttered. “Why would you bring him here? What goal could you possibly hope to achieve!? He will kill all of us! I mean-“ Theo stopped as a sudden haze came over his mind.

Three words were uttered in his mind and he paused. “Excuse… me. I need a moment” He swiveled around and headed out of the ceremony room. “Henry! Show me to a guest room or unoccupied room that is not Damon’s please.”

He wandered through the halls and corridors rubbing his fake eye through the patch and groaning. He didn’t need to sleep, but he wondered if he still could for pleasure. What was happening in his head right now? He wasn’t sure and he didn’t like it.

Henry paused for a moment and said. "You can use my room. No, I dont mean that to sound like it probably did. I will fuck off somewhere and you can be alone in there. Unless you dont want me to have a room anymore, in which case I can sleep with the dogs or something."

Henry was trying too hard it seemed to make up for his stupid actions of earlier. "I don't know what is going on but all this tension in the air. Its making me nervous." He paused. "I will go now. If you need me just call."

With that Henry exited the room that had been his own in the Manor for years, really thinking he was relinquishing it for the dog kennel.

When he was finally alone, The Blood God spoke more loudly in his mind. "Theo..." The demon dropped images in his mind, trying to draw him a map in his mind to where he was. It was taking more energy than he expected. But it was a process that was beginning to work.

Theo followed Henry to his room, feeling a bit bad that he’d startled Henry so bad. Also the human being seemingly afraid of him now, almost, didn’t help either. “Henry you’re keeping your room I just need a bit to clear my head. As Henry left the vampire shook his head.

Theo sat in a chair and sighed hanging his head in his hands and letting out another groan. He felt the familiar haze come over him and heard the voice whisper his name. He thought aloud but quietly. “Ugh, shut up- I might be able to guess who you are but why should I come to you?” He muttered in his mind and out of his mouth.

He tried to shove the images and the words from his brain but it was like the more they popped up the stronger they came at him. It was like a song you couldn’t get out of your head or a random word thought about repeatedly until the former hunter was curled up in the chair massaging his temples.

The door swung open and Devin was standing there. "Sorry to barge in, but Damon says he can forgive speaking to him like that and barging off for the circumstances are a little unusual, but you have one hour to get your shit together and do whatever the fuck you need before he will drag you back to his room and chain you to the bedpost. I suggest you listen to him."

"I will go find Henry and tell him he can have his room back. He thinks you were trying to tell him he had to relinquish it, and the only place under a slaves room is the dog kennel in this house. "

With that Devin went over and kissed Theos forehead. "Take care all right, try and stay out of trouble, and dont go wandering off until we figure out what we are going to do." Devin paused and added. "Obviously my brother forgave me for hitting him, but said I will pay for it later."

Theo sat up with a start as Devin entered sighing with relief as it wasn’t the evil twin. But the message from the latter left a small frown on his face. As he explained Henry’s situation the vampire couldn’t help but laugh lightly. “Oh no, I didn’t even think about that. But yeah I’ll be sure to report on before I get chained to his bed.” Theo mumbled.

As Devin walked over and kissed his forehead the vampire became flustered quickly. “A-alright Devin I’ll take the hour and just gather my thoughts” he promised the vampire. As Devin left Theo curled back up in the chair and stared up at the ceiling.

The hour passed sooner than he’d liked and before long Theo was standing at the big imposing door of Damon, and now his room. Slowly he cracked it open to pitch darkness and crept inside. He slowly walked over to the bed to find Damon asleep and he let closed his eyes for a moment in relief. It was short lived though as he noticed the pile of chains and shackles hanging from the bed post.

He took a long moment to think about it before the fledgling vampire decided he wasn’t sure he could sleep like this and turned around to leave.

"Stay..." Damon's voice came from beside him. Then in a strange tone of voice he added. "Please. Don't make me worry about what you are doing while I try and figure out what to do about the pink elephant in the room."

Damon was master of the house, but for a moment it seeemed like he was someone else. Someone more reasonable, someone more vulnerable. "There is so much I want to talk to you about. To tell you. To explain."

"But I am just, so very tired." Damon explained as he seemed to find it difficult to even keep his eyes open.

"How much do you already know about the Blood God, anyway? You were a hunter, I imagine you know something." Damon inquired, his voice a little sharper, although he still was not his scary self.

Theo swallowed sharply as the soft tone of voice startled him. He turned and looked at the vampire, he hadn’t thought Damon capable of seeming so, vulnerable. “I guess I didn’t think you worried about me…” He admitted.

Theo sighed before he turned and dropped his jacket to the ground. He stripped down to his underwear, slightly flustered still. Slowly he slid under the covers into bed next to his master his chest fluttering a bit. What was he doing? This man was crazy and he was just crawling into bed with him.

He looked Damon in the eyes for a moment before he reached up and untied his eyepatch setting it aside. “He’s an old hunters tale, the monster who created all vampires. Should he ever walk the earth again humanity is doomed. Or so we were told.” Theo muttered.

He looked at Damon before he made an impulsive decision and reached over the bedside and grabbed a set of shackles chaining his wrist to the other vampires. He slowly moved forward and wrapped his arms around his master. “I’ll stay… but, hold me? I’ve never been held by another person… I’ve never really had any intimacy with another person.”

"What are you doing?" Damon said as Theo slapped the cuffs on his wrist chaining the two of them together. He was caught off guard, but did not say anything for a long moment.

"I have not been held, or held anyone for years. Not since I lost my first mate." The older vampire's voice got shaky and for a long moment he just held the other. "It feels good, I wouldn't have thought it would. But it really feels good to be close to someone. I can hardly be too mad about it."

Damon reached for the keys that were supposed to be next to his bed in reach. "Shit the key isn't here. Devin! Devin! Where the fuck did you put the key?" If he had more strength he would have been irate.

Theo lay there a moment and simply did his best to enjoy the closeness without reminding himself too much of who it was with. “I am sorry… About your mate… That was a cruel thing that happened to you.” Was all he said.

As Damon reached for the key and noticed it’s absence the former hunter sat up with a start. “I thought you had the key!? How were you gonna chain me up without the key?” He put a hand to his head and groaned as he watched Damon grow more and more agitated about it.

Gently he reached out and gently touched Damon’s jaw. “Do you really have the energy to worry about it? Maybe you should-“ he couldn’t believe what he was suggesting, he remembered the vampires fangs and the feeling he’d gotten as Damon fed. He offered his wrist. “You know before you sleep?”

"You will need to feed as well." Damon said in reply. "You will also have the issue of getting hungry, and this will balance things out for the both of us, so we will both share blood with each other."

"But aren't we the dream team here? Chaining ourselves together, and to the bed so that we cannot get free and go anywhere." Damon said shaking his head as he took his fledglings wrist bit into it and drank from him before offering himself in turn.

Devin opened the door, peaking in, and giving the two of them a smile. "Aw you two are bonding. I will come back later."

"Get your ass in here and unchain us both right now." Damon ordered, in a sleepy tone of voice that was not strong enough to have much impact.

"No. I don't think so. You two need some time to get to know each other, and to work through some issues, and I am going to make you do it." Devin said. "I know you are my sire, but I have spent my entire life being told what to do by you, and having you look out for my best interests. Sometimes you need the favor returned. I will let you loose in twenty four hours."

Theo nodded as Damon reminded him to look out for his own feeding habits. He watched a tad nervously as Damon took his wrist. As he bit down Theo’s hand sparked in his grip and he couldn’t stop a small moan from leaving his lips as the vampire fed. “Ah- Damon” He whimpered out. “Yeah, what do two vampires chained together usually do?”

When his master offered his own blood Theo only hesitated for a moment before taking Damon’s wrist and biting down gently yet hungrily drinking down the vampires blood. He came up for air a bit as Devin opened the door looking slightly embarrassed.

“Devin I swear to god-“ but it wasn’t like he had much choice at this point. It didn’t help that the exchange of blood had him feeling a little bothered. He stared at the man. “What; are you waiting to see us make out or something before you sneak off dastardly into the night? Don’t you need to go secure some sustenance or something?” Theo smirked and remarked sassily. He stayed cuddled up close to Damon as he spoke though.

"See you idiots later." Devin said as he smiled a devious smile back in their direction, before heading back out the door, soon Devin fell asleep, and when he woke again, he quickly remembered his situation.

Damon felt all kinds of mixed emotions about being so close to Theo, having been forced into this situation, but he figured he might as well make the most of it.

"I know I killed your friend the day we met." Damon said, bringing up an issue that had been in the back of his mind for awhile since bring Theo here and forcing him into this life. "But you also killed people I knew too. But I dont want to be all hung up on that. I don't really want to spend eternity pissed at you, and I would hope you feel the same way about it that I do."

"I wanted nothing more than to subjugate you, humiliate you, use you at first, but now that I have what I want, I'm at a loss with what to actually, do with you."

Theo scowled in Devin’s direction as the trickster left but he turned back to his master as the vampire started talking. He felt a hitch at the back of his throat as Damon brought up his partner.

As the man spoke though it wasn’t what Theo expected. “If you really plan to keep me for eternity then I’d rather not spend it pissed either.” Theo admitted. He looked up into his mate’s eyes searching them deeply.

“At first when I heard you were going to turn me I was already planning how to make you pay. To make the family pay. Then I saw you as the weirdest family of people, but a family of people nonetheless.Too be honest Damon, it sounds like we were both so bitter we killed first without asking the right questions…”

He leaned in a bit closer. “I don’t know what to do with myself either. I’m not sure what I can do with myself. I feel like you have some ideas of what you want to do with me but maybe you’re scared to say.” Theo smirked a bit.

Back
Top Bottom