Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Night: Beauvoir and Nera

Nera9948

Star
Damon Vincent was in town. It was not going to be long before his presence was felt in the supernatural and mundane world. He meant to buy the most lucrative businesses, gather a harem of the most desirable bitches, and he was going to deal with the most annoying hunters out there. But first, he just needed to feed and get his frustrations about having to come to town to clean up his brother Devan's mess.

His prey of choice, pesky little hunters. A pair of them were out tonight. They were looking for him. He was looking for them. Someone was going to fall to his wrath tonight. Someone was going to die. The other man was going to wish he had.

Damon chose at random. They both were good looking men. Either would have been desirable for the sex he was planning on taking them for. Either was desirable for food. Both things were always intertwined. Fear as well. He wanted both men to fear him, and he was intent that he was going to do whatever he could to make sure that happened.

He came out of the shadows and lunged at one of the men, the one he had selected for death, and tore his throat clean out. It would be fast. The other man would see it, the other man would be startled. Hopefully he would pause and make a mistake, and play right into his hands.

The air in the city stank like something putrid, maybe wet trash. Theo wasn't sure. The high ranking hunter known as Deadeye ran a hand through his shaggy brunette hair, his short lithe form striding gracefully, outfitted in a sleek black top and tight pants. He sighed, gaze drifting to his blonde partner. "I hate this city. It's just ripe with filth and it makes my skin crawl." He muttered crossing his arms as they turned down another alley. Dorian just chuckled and looked up folding his hands behind his head. "Oh lighten up Deadeye I know you hate vampires and this place is infested with them but it's a nice night and we're about take down one nasty vampire from the sounds of it." He glanced sideways at the smaller lithe hunter and smirked. Theo frowned. "Well I'm glad you're so cal-"

Just then there was the sound of air displacing behind Theo and he moved to turn just as there was a sickening sound of flesh tearing. Theo whipped back to Dorian in time just to see his form crumple to the ground. Theo's one eye went wide, though the movement was mimicked behind his eyepatch. Almost in slow motion he felt rage erupt within him as he roared. "You bastard!" The hunter jumped back his hand smoothly moving to a pouch on his upper arm before flinging out hurling three wooden throwing spikes at the monster hoping to startle and weaken it.

With a quick movement he pulled a large handgun from a holster on his thigh that bore the hunter's symbol. This gun fired special wooden point rounds and were normally devastating. The problem was the alleyway was small and cramped, Theo knew he was too close, so he only had one shot if he was lucky. It all depended on his trigger finger being faster.

At that moment a gagging sound came from below him and he looked down with a start to see Dorian crawling towards him leaving a large trail of blood. With tears of hatred running from both his good and blind eye he raised his eyes and fired- just a split second too late.

It was brutal, the end that the hunter was facing. It was a reflection of his mood. Damon when he was angry as opposed to just plain irritated tended to be harsher with his prey. Honestly Devan his brother deserved his wrath, and he would get it eventually, but for now the human at his feet currently dying was experiencing it for him.

Damon thought perhaps that the survivor could not see him out of one of his eyes. He was not sure at first, but then it became pretty apparent that he probably had a blind eye and that when called Deadeye it was not just a cute nickname.

Perhaps it was why the shot failed. It was hard to say. Damon did not use his full speed to dodge the bullet. But he did not like to. Blood was precious and using his full speed honestly took much of his energy, and so he had to rely on plain human reflexes. He had quite a bit of Fortitude though so if he was hit, even with those crazy powerful weapons, they would slow him down but wouldn't kill him.

He dodged Theo, and tried to kick his legs right out from under him. "Don't worry pretty boy. I am going to keep you. You wont meet his fate." Damon said as he stood there a large imposing figure, long dark hair flowing like a lions mane down his chest, blood red eyes glaring in the living hunters direction.

Theo's gaze widened as he saw the vampire move at the last moment and the bullet sail clear past him. The hunter's heart sank into his gut and with catlike reflexes he tried to jump back. The hunter was seeing red. Dorian had been a good man, he didn't deserve this. At that moment he felt a rock solid impact against his ankles, letting out a yelp as he fell back, cursing loudly as he impacted the pavement. He scrambled backwards and sneered up at the vampire speaking above him as he lay there on the ground. His gun just a short reach away.

He nearly foamed at the mouth at the monster's words. Just who did this demon think he was speaking to Theo this way? Having the gall to murder his partner in front of him? Theo was known as a merciless vampire slayer who spared no bloodsucker to live and this one would be no exception. He eyed his gun in his peripheral vision then moved his gaze back to the prey. "Fuck you parasite, I'd rather die than be your slave!" Then the hunter lunged for his gun.

Damon made a mad dash for the gun at the same time. He was intent that he was going to get it. He had no intentions to shoot the other, he just did not really feel like getting shot today, and that gun had those nasty bullets inside. They were the last thing he felt like dealing with right now.

"You think I will let you?" Damon said in reply, making it clear that he had the intention to never allow such a thing. Sure the other man would detest it, and want it, but he would be very careful about not letting something like that occur.

He moved to kick the other in the ribs, and said. "I wont..." The gun was just out of his reach and he had to lean over the other to get to it, which was not an easy feat. Once he got the gun, he emptied it with his supernatural speed, which he had not wanted to use, but finally decided was worth it. He could and would feed soon. He took the bullets from the gun and threw them in the hunters face.

Theo felt his fingers brush the slick metal of the gun at about the same time as the vampire. Trying desperately to wrap his fingers around it but the other man was much faster. The hunters hopes sank dramatically as the gun was plucked away and he felt the sudden impact of the foot to his human ribs.

He let out a sharp cry of pain clutching his gut and rolling aide to side slightly as he coughed up a small amount of blood. Again he recoiled as the bullets were chucked at him. Theo tried to scramble away but collapsed back down on the ground, angry tears coming from his eyes.

Damon moved over top of the human, and did something a little over the top, but very much like him. He knocked his head up against the other man. Sure, this would hurt the vampire as well, but the force of it should knock the man unconscious so that he could return him to the Vincent manor, where the rest of his family would be waiting for him.

"Good night Deadeye," Damon said to the now unconscious man as he lifted him up over his shoulder and carried him back to his car. When he woke up he would be in chains back at the basement of the Vincent manor, and he should have a little bit of a headache.

Theo snarled as the vampire loomed over him. “Get away from me parasi-!” Just then there was a blinding pain as he didn’t expect the vampires forehead to impact his own. The hunter saw stars as he went limp in the vampires grip and was hauled over one shoulder.

The hunter was anything but restful as he remained unconscious. Nightmares about his partner being brutally murdered or himself. He dreamt about being enslaved and when he finally came to, Theo let out an agonized groan and shifted in his chains roughly. “W-where the hell am I?” He looked around groggily before the memories came flooding back and he practically growled struggling against the chains.

The young man made his way quietly down the stairs. He knew there was a new prisoner in the dungeon, and he wanted to see him, speak with him. See if he could do anything to help.

Kevin had been a prisoner of the Vincent family for some time. He was a human, but a slave to their lusts and machinations. He knew what life for this captured hunter was going to be like, and perhaps he could offer him a bit of comfort, maybe even eventually they both could get out of there.

"Shh, don't make too much noise. Damon will hurt you if you do. He does not like screaming. At all." He said to Theo. "I'm Kevin. I wish I could say it was nice to meet you but, its not nice to see anyone else be a slave here. Ever."

Theo was struggling to try and force his wrist through one of the shackles when he suddenly heard footsteps and stopped sitting back against the wall quietly.

As he saw who came down the stairs he was genuinely surprised . He had expected the vampire from before but as it was clear this person seemed human at least he relaxed a bit.

He looked up at the man settling a bit as he spoke. “I’m deadeye. You’re human? A slave” He whispered in hushed tones. “Where are we? I might be able to come up with a plan to get us both out, I’m a hunter. I’m called deadeye.”

The dark haired young man made his way closer to the hunter. "Deadeye? Well I'm Kevin. We are in a place called Warehouse 59. Have you heard of it? Its a club not a warehouse and that is why the hunters could never find it. The Vincent family owns it and they operate outside of it when they aren't at the Vincent manor."

"I am supposed to bring you food in a bit. Damon is not here right now. He traveled back to the manor to give his brother Devan a tongue lashing and I don't mean in the sexy way. Lots of vampires have fallen recently. A lot more than what has been normal for this area. I have been here maybe a year and I have seen it get worse for them and better for us."

"Anyway, there are three vampires that usually are here in this place. Devan Vincent who does most of the operations around here. Damon, a much older and more powerful vampire. The third is, well I think its a woman. But I am not entirely certain. Sam may be their brother. A fledgling. Young and probably the easiest to take out. Also the stupiest. Just for your information."

Theo listened intently as Kevin spoke trying to gather as much information as possible. The name of their location caused him to raise an eyebrow. Warehouse 59? They’d been looking for this place for years. Now, by the worst circumstances he was here. “Really? Why would they bring us here instead of the manor?” He asked with a curious whisper.

The high death toll for vampires made sense. The hunters had been bringing them down in higher numbers. Lately some of the vampires had been sloppy. “This is really good information thanks. Unfortunately there’s not much I can do only having seen this room.” He muttered.

Theo blinked his green eye deep in thought before letting out a defeated sigh. “I’ll have to lay low until I can get a better plan in my head… How do they distribute the slaves do they assign us to a single vampire or-?” Then he swallowed the lump in his gut and asked the hard question. “What will they do with me?”

"Sam will be expected to take you so you can get cleaned up, so you will have the chance to see a bit more of the place. Maybe that will be enough for you to make plans for getting us out of here. I must say I wont hold my breath on this, but maybe, just maybe we can get out." The human said. He looked as if he were very upset for the situation, for the hunter and not just himself.

"As far as what they will do with you." The other human sighed. "Its probably better to ask, what wont they do with you. Basically everything you can imagine and more is what you are going to experience here. If you cannot find a way to escape. I'm sorry."

“Sam's the youngest the fledging? Good if I meet him first I can get some ideas in my head of how to take him down” Theo’s fist clenched and his one eye glared. “I won’t be prisoner again-“ he spat.

As Kevin detailed or widely implied the many things that could happen to Theo the hunter chewed his lip. As a child he’d been captive to vampires before, though at that age you’re mainly given scraps and kept alive until you’re old enough. He’d never had his blood taken by a vampire and he didn’t plan to give it up now.

“We’ll get out, even if it kills me-“ Theo looked at Kevin. “But for the time being, what now and who was the vampire that brought me here? Is he still around or will he be back?”

"His name is Damon," Kevin explained shuddering a little visibly. "And the others even fear him. I guess he is the oldest of them and the one in charge. The one we really need to worry about. His brother Devan is an asshole, but Damon is a new level of monster."

"I hear he ripped the throat clean out of your friend before bringing you back here. I am sorry about that. It had to have been traumatic. He killed my farmily before he brought me here and gave me to his brother as a present."

"Sam is probably our key to getting out of here alive." Kevin said. "He is young, he will make a mistake."

Theo looked down and tapped a finger against his chin thinking deeply. So there was a pecking order to these vampires, that much Theo had already known. The fact that they were related however was new and useful information. If he was going to go about this smart he would have to start at the bottom with this Sam character. Which meant he had to do his best to endure the others for now.

As Kevin moved to talking about his partner Theo's brow furrowed and he bit his lip running a hand through his short shaggy raven hair. "Yeah, it's a shame. He was a great guy." As Kevin disclosed his own trauma though Theo looked at him with a sympathetic eye. "I'm sorry to hear that... These people sound like they have it coming. Do you think that's why he brought me here? As a present for someone?"

"You said Sam will come soon right? What's the best way to act around him? We surely don't have much more time."

"Sam is the only one you can act almost normal around. He/She, um whatever they are, will not hurt you unless forced to do so by one of the others. They are relatively nice for a vampire, and they are the most tolerable, but I never forget they are still a part of the Vincent family, and monsters."

"Anyway, speaking of Sam, they are coming right now." Kevin said, suddenly getting very quiet.
Sam entered the room, and they made their way over to where Theo was chained up. "I need to take you to be cleaned up for the turning ritual tonight. You are to become one of us. "

"Please dont give me a hard time about this. I dont like hurting people, but if you try and get away I will stop you by any means necessary." Sam explained.

Theo nodded as Kevin spoke about Sam. It sounded like this one might be the easiest to manipulate and possibly target number one but it was too soon to tell. “Right, in this scenario if they’re not part of the solution they’re part of the problem… Thank you for all this”. He managed to thank Kevin just before a door opened and a vampire stepped in.

Theo looked down at the ground as Sam approached holding his tongue. He hadn’t been prepared for how dehumanizing it would be to see his mortal enemy at his most vulnerable. Chained and weak in front of the vampires, pathetic.

As Sam spoke Theo figured what he was gonna say get him cleaned up for the- then his heart dropped into his stomach and his head whipped up his one eye widening at the vampire. “What-?” Was all he could say as Sam unchained him from the wall. He looked at Kevin desperately while his world began to crumble around him. He couldn’t be turned, that was worse than death.

He followed Sam without a struggle but whispered rather frantically. “Please I’m much better use to you as a human. Talk to master Damon or let me talk to him when he gets back there has to be some misunderstanding-“

"I could talk to him, but he isnt going to listen, Theo." Sam said in reply, looking defeated for Theo as if that was at all possible. "He has decided you are going to be his mate, and once he has decided something, and his mind is set on it, Damon cannot be persuaded. If it were his younger brother Devin he might be, but, it isn't. And if it were me, I would be. But its not up to me. I am sorry."

"I can take you to him early, so you can talk to him before hand. That is all I am willing or able to do for you." Sam finally said, giving in just a little, even though the chances of this making a difference, Theo might know if he knew who this man was, were next to nothing.

The hunter paused for a second as the vampire said his name. “How did you kn-“ the next bit of need brought another wave of shock across the young hunter. “H-his mate!? But why?” Theo tried his best to remain calm but he wanted to scream.

As Sam compromised with him the make let out a shaky sigh. “Thank you, Sam” he continued to follow in silence until he mumbled. “He’s really keeping good on his promise isn’t he? He found the one thing I would hate more than just being a human slave…”

He swallowed a lump in his throat. “This ritual… What should I expect?”

Sam paused a moment and said. "He will drink your blood until the point where you would die if he leaves you, then he will make you drink from him. It's really not like a magic ritual, its just something we call it in our family. He usually lays you out on a table in front of everyone like you are for dinner, well I guess you kind of are."

"Oh and I know your name because Damon read your mind and told me." Sam explained. "It could be a lot worse. I have seen him do some pretty fucked up things to people. Things I'd rather forget. This is really bad, but its not the worst he has come up with," He unchained Theo. "We should go now."

Theos gut sank more and more as Sam described this ritual to him. It was pretty much what he’d expected but that didn’t make it any less horrifying. “Does he do this a lot? Does he have many mates?” Theo asked swallowing. He nodded solemnly as Sam got him up at began to lead him somewhere.

Theo took in the intricate details of the place and was very fascinated with it but also shaking in his boots. He couldn’t believe the vampire wanted to make him his mate. The hunters didn’t know much of the inner workings of vampires but he knew enough to know it was an unusual punishment. “Do you know why he’s doing this? Why he decided this route for me?”

"He didn't mention a reason." Sam explained as they went down the hallway and they paused for a moment. "You caught his attention some how. Maybe he just thought you were more attractive then the other hunter he boasted of murdering. I really do not know.

They continued down the hall until he opened a door. Damon was seated on a throne like chair in the back of the room drinking blood wine when Sam opened the door.

"What are you doing here? I told you to give him a bath." Damon snarled in their direction.

"He wanted to talk with you. Get to know you better. If you are going to be mates shouldn't you do that?" Sam said, kind of throwing Theo under the bus and lying about what he wanted to talk about.

The answer wasn’t satisfying and Theo creased his brow as they continued through the elaborate building. They came to a door he was expecting to be the bathroom albeit an unusual placement until Sam opened the door and Theo saw Damon his vision turning red. He held back.

As Sam spoke Theo couldn’t help but turn back to him with his mouth slightly agape. This hadn’t been the plan at all. He shot Sam a knowing but mostly questioning glare as he turned back to Damon and approached cautiously.

Once he was within 5 feet of the throne the hunter knelt down as much as it hurt his pride. Placing both hands on his knees he looked at the floor. “Sir, I’m sorry me and my partner were on your territory. “ He swallowed a lump of anger, feeling like he was about to vomit. But so long as he could convince the vampire to keep him human there might be a chance. “I assure you I can serve you much better as a human then if you turn me” he was trying not to get emotional as he plead for his humanity. “My blood type is rare, and it’s no good to you if you turn me right?” That was a shot in the dark, he didn’t know about the mate dynamic or if vampires could feed from one another.

"Mostly because it amuses me, I am going to explain what Sam was trying to do. "He knew that I would not listen to pleas if he told me that was what you were here for, but he thought I might be down for some good old fashioned talking about, well anything else. He was indeed trying to help he just did not want to make it obvious. "My younger brother does not yet know you cannot hide anything from me. He has much to learn, as do you."

"Do you think I do not know about your special blood, or that you were bred to be a slave? I am the oldest vampire you have ever seen, I was one of the ones who instituted your breeding farm as you hunters like to call them.

I know something else as well. Your blood is only better as a vampire. Unfortunately it would come with the price of never hearing your thoughts again. Which is the only reason I am hesitating in the slightest. Not because I feel any sympathy for you at all. You and your hunters killed one of my mates. That is unforgivable and must be punished. Somehow."

Back
Top Bottom