Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

IRL Gender

most who care about the gender tend to use RP/ERP as a means of sexual release. At least, the ones I have come across. I do not write erp for any sort of sexual gain, other than to get better at writing it, cos well, sex sells in the book/entertainment world. The better one is at writing sex, the more money they can make when it comes to book releases, movie deals.

^That's why I write it. I could care less what one is packing in their pants in the real world as long as what I write is entertaining and serves its purpose. That isn't the same with others as mentioned who use erp as a means of sexual release...

gender is relative depending on the purpose in which the topic is being used for. <shrugs> just my 2 cents

Even if i met some who hated the fact that i RP as males characters, i had nothing to justify, it makes me happy? Yes, and i intend to keep it that way.

When you stick at your joy, why anyone would try to break that?
Jealousy perhaps? Or something else..

But whatever it is, nothing should be forced, roleplaying is mutual after all, but both players are choosing what they have a preference for.

By sticking to what i like, yes, i dodged a lot of bullets and i cannot be more happier about that.
To be honest some people have nothing better to do and it’s probably the reason why I don’t tell people my age because it either works for me or against me but usually against me because they think they can get away with a lot more

I’m extremely grateful that we can hide our age here because it does give people preconceived notions about how to treat us

As I do in real life do what makes you happy and that’s what I’m doing here and if we don’t match is not the end of the world the seat is full of sharks and I’m sure one of them will eat me eventually 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be honest some people have nothing better to do and it’s probably the reason why I don’t tell people my age because it either works for me or against me but usually against me because they think they can get away with a lot more

I’m extremely grateful that we can hide our age here because it does give people preconceived notions about how to treat us

As I do in real life do what makes you happy and that’s what I’m doing here and if we don’t match is not the end of the world the seat is full of sharks and I’m sure one of them will eat me eventually 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I show my age as i don’t feel like i have anything to hide on that matter, the gender is the only irrevelant factor, it’s not what something legal, the age does that, and consent too.

And sometimes, i’d rather deal with the sharks than people.

To be fair, I am more concerned with a person's age than gender... I have a son who is 25, so roleplaying with individuals who are younger than he is, tends to creep me out.

Again... 'tis all preference related.

To be fair, I am more concerned with a person's age than gender... I have a son who is 25, so roleplaying with individuals who are younger than he is, tends to creep me out.

Same here, i always refuse any romance with anyone who are underaged.

21+ is what i’m allowing, of course, not right off the bat, it’s simply a preference when it comes to age.

And the age, unlike the gender, is the one that is trully making sense, roleplaying-wise and on the daily-basis as well.

I show my age as i don’t feel like i have anything to hide on that matter, the gender is the only irrevelant factor, it’s not what something legal, the age does that, and consent too.

And sometimes, i’d rather deal with the sharks than people.
I’m happy it works out for you for me sadly works out in the opposite way once I find out my age they either belittle me or tell me so many things which I do not wish or care to repeat here and it’s so much easier to keep it hidden because for some reason people change the way they talk to you the minute they find out

Also preference and that’s probably reason why I hide my age but usually lucky for me people with sausages don’t really care as long as it’s a hole (and yes if you can’t tell that’s complete sarcasm)

Also preference and that’s probably reason why I hide my age but usually lucky for me people with sausages don’t really care as long as it’s a hole (and yes if you can’t tell that’s complete sarcasm)
I feel ya, hun... (that also made me giggle)

For the most part, I have roleplayed with those under 25, but as long as they behave maturely and conduct themselves as adults, I could care less. I tutor "kids" in high school and college, so I am used to the age group and hold no ill wishes to those who are young/old/whatever.

I don't ask, which is usually a good thing in some cases. But once a person gives off juvenile vibes, I will broach the question. Just act like the adult the person claims to be. Most won't ask unless given a reason to. : )

(still giggling about the sausage comment cos it is so damn true XD Most men don't care as long as there is a clean (even that is sometimes overlooked), hole for them to stick it in... dirty bastards)

I feel ya, hun... (that also made me giggle)

For the most part, I have roleplayed with those under 25, but as long as they behave maturely and conduct themselves as adults, I could care less. I tutore "kids" in high school and college, so I am used to the age group and hold no ill wishes to those who are young/old/whatever.

I don't ask, which is usually a good thing in some cases. But once a person gives off juvenile vibes, I will broach the question. Just act like the adult the person claims to be. Most won't ask unless given a reason to. : )

(still giggling about the sausage comment cos it is so damn true XD Most men don't care as long as there is a clean (even that is sometimes overlooked), hole for them to stick it in... dirty bastards)
I’m happy you got it I was worried I would come off as something different when I was actually being silly most people take my ramblings quite seriously intact so I have to make sure I let them know it’s sarcasm.

Age really doesn’t matter to me as long as they are of legal age and can play the characters properly. Especially since I like to play alongside older men it doesn’t matter if they are actually really silver foxes in real life I don’t care as long as I can write it down.

The thing is the moment they do ask it means it’s the end of the line for me especially if we start getting a nice find me some to go so how old are you? Are you really a lady? That’s when I plowed the old memes of SpongeBob and go all right I’ma head out!

(i’m really happy that I’m used to you because honestly it feels like it doesn’t matter as long as there’s a place that’s nice and warm for them to hide the good old wiener in!🤣)

I’m happy it works out for you for me sadly works out in the opposite way once I find out my age they either belittle me or tell me so many things which I do not wish or care to repeat here and it’s so much easier to keep it hidden because for some reason people change the way they talk to you the minute they find out

If they belittle you, they are awful beings.

If they belittle you, they are awful beings.
I very much agree with that and that’s the reason why I usually walk away and they don’t really like that but it’s not my circus not my monkeys but I sometimes know the clowns. But I do my best not to associate with them🤣

Some enjoy the belittlement... just sayin'.. :p

I'll see myself out <chuckles>
I agree that some do enjoy it but usually I do not enjoy something like that when I’m talking out of character with them if I’m trying to plan something with them and they start treating me like less than them they should probably find a different person and not me and that’s why I’m happy there’s an ignore button and I can pretend they do not exist on this earth and I have YEETED them

Last edited:
I very much agree with that and that’s the reason why I usually walk away and they don’t really like that but it’s not my circus not my monkeys but I sometimes know the clowns. But I do my best not to associate with them🤣

I agree that some do enjoy it but usually I do not enjoy something like that when I’m talking out of character with them if I’m trying to plan something with them and they start treating me like less than them they should probably find a different person and not me and that’s why I’m happy there’s an eight ignore button and I can pretend they do not exist on this earth and I have YEETED them
I say, they are the whole circus.

Clowns used to be funny, besides..

It does not matter to me, but there is an addendum to people who might not like writing with the same gender. Perhaps they share a trauma or such with the same gender and that might be a reason they dislike writing with the same because it triggers that sort of response. I shame no one, if they want to write with me and are female or male - as long as the character and story are good, and we can hit it off as fellow human beings.

If you hold a PTSD response writing with a female or male, that is your right, and I will respect it on the same note.

It used to matter to me because for some reason writing anything intimate with another dude was 'gay' in my mind. Which was a really fucked up way of thinking that I eventually broke out of.

Only to then subsequently realize that I wasn't all that straight either lol.

doesn't matter at all.
as long as you can play your character well, irl gender doesn't matter.

i've roleplayed with a lot of females who can play badass dudes pretty well ~ probably because they know what kind of male characters they like, ehehe. but hey, i'm only speaking from my own experiences here.
now, i'll be honest and say that i have yet to roleplay with a guy who can play female characters as well as females can. but then again, i don't really roleplay f x f, so it's not like i have a lot of experience on the subject.

I think it matters a little. I tend to play feminine characters, and like being a woman offline, it does affect the dynamic you form with someone, even before I was comfortable admitting I was femme online. I thought maybe I was a transguy for a long time.
But, I'm on the spectrum and when I act the way I do and people know I'm a girl, they treat me differently. As a guy, I'm every girl's dream boy, but as a girl, I'm an annoying mary-sue even when it's the same character in a different shell.

I've also had issues where rp partners have fallen for me before I was pan, and then I've gotten crushes on straight partners before. When you're writing romance heavy plotlines and the characters become more self-inserty as we go along, like, feelings start to happen. I don't go on rp boards to try and find relationships, but I've fallen hard for two former writing partners, so it did make it matter to me.

Gender won't determine whether or not we rp, but it does change the dynamic. That said, anyone can say they're any gender. It's all very mental, isn't it?

It's interesting how things have changed on BMR. People used to care a lot about gender, particularly women. That seems to be a thing of the past.

For me, gender does matter. I am male and play male characters. I'm good at that. I don't think my female main characters are very good, so I don't do them anymore. If I know that a male is playing a female character, it breaks immersion for me. It just does, so yeah, I would rather my partner playing the female be female if she's cis. I'm heterosexual and exclusively do MxF, so an actual F playing the F is ideal and avoids a rather sad situation, in my opinion.

That being said, I also don't ask partner gender anymore, so who knows if the people I think are female are actually female? lol

Trans and Non-binary are obviously a very different thing. I have never discriminated against them and won't. I am a cis male and my above opinion is assuming that my typical partner is a cis female. If my partner is trans or nb, then I'm fine with whatever as long as YC has a vagina down there.

It's fine that many don't care. I just have some boundaries and want to play in a space my way while others play in a space their way.

I will play with everyone. But I adore variation.

I will never turn anyone down for their gender, but will admit to being more excited to write with a gender I haven't written with for a while.

In the end the writing is what's most important to me. If you're good, then I'll write with you. Which is kind of fucked up of me, isn't it? Some people will never write in a fitting way to me, they were born that way, while people do change their genders.

Also, since I only write in public threads, I guess I do discriminate against people who won't.

Back
Top Bottom