Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dance Macabre (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

She made a noise, "Well...I was born in 1932...I got married in 1950..." She was 18 when she got married? "I stayed at home while my husband worked, as was what society demanded back then...um..." She tried to think of something else to tell him.

"Wow.. so.. has the passage of time been easy..? Or.. have you just kind of.. woken up to a new era..?"

"Well...like I said before, time passes differently depending on my corporeal state...sometimes...I'm home..." She looked to the kitchen window, eyes sad despite how dead they were, "other times, it's like blinking sleep from your eyes and everything is different...wrong...like a terrible nap or night's sleep..."

"After sixty years, it becomes normal...hurts less..." She said, "Sometimes I like being in my little photograph world...other times I like the new..."

"When I first...woke up...it was jarring...it was like watching a horror movie, where you scream at the characters but they can't hear you." When he looked, she was no longer at the table, but in the middle of the room, "I was here...and I remember...I remember seeing the blood stains on the tile and thinking 'that's going to take ages to get out of the grout'..." She gave a weak laugh before it died in her throat, "I remember the police talking about me...about my husband...but i-it..." She looked hurt and frustrated, "but it sounded like there was cotton in my ears...I heard my name and I heard his and I couldn't piece together what they were talking about...I just remember yelling 'I'm here...! I'm fine, look, dammit, I'm right in front of you...!!' but they couldn't hear..."

"I'm getting worked up.." She said, "I should settle or we won't be able to talk for much longer.." She smiled sadly, "I still don't really know how I died...I just...did..."

She smiled more, "You're so sweet...I wish I could bake for you...or cook...I made some of the best sweet treats in town...my husband always loved my cooking..."

"Maybe if you're free this weekend.." She said, "I could tell you the secret to the fudgiest brownies of your life.." She was all smiles, and he found it hard not to think it endearing.

Back
Top Bottom