Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dance Macabre (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

She watched him quietly as he fixed various things, happy he was putting care into her home. Their home. That thought made her feel funny.

Her eyes flickered; she knew exactly how long. She counted every minute, every day, every year. She glanced away before looking back at him, "I'm going to go rest for a bit, I don't feel right.."

She nodded, "Yeah, energies are funky, not to sound like one of those...crystal witches?...you're always talking about.." She gave a smile, "I just need to rest, I'll be back.."

He continued to clean up his mess and finally got to a decent spot before he moved on to a different room.

He was working well into the night and lost track of time. But he did a lot of solid work before his body demanded sleep. Layla didn't come back, though, she must have burned up too much.

He only shut his eyes for a moment before he opened them and he was thrown back into Layla's old living room. A stark contrast from the greens and blues of her kitchen; brown furniture and soft yellow accents filled the room. He was on the couch and Layla was beside him, the tv on but he couldn't make out what was playing. It was peaceful, nice, how could something like this be ruined so abruptly?

He would have to ask her about it if he remembered. She laid against him and held his hand, "I'm really happy you were able to come home early...I love spending time like this with you.."

She smiled and squeezed his hand affectionately, why couldn't he have met her here? Like this? She would have lived her whole life happily.

She smiled brightly and stood, pulling him along by his hand. The dream didn't cut this time, he watched the whole thing unfold as she took him to their bedroom and gently sat him on the bed before crawling into his lap.

Back
Top Bottom