Dance Macabre (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He smiled. "I know.." he said. She must have not been in a great mood, so he decided to not bring up the exact details of the dream.

"I'm sorry, sweetie...I'm just so tired..." Her hand moved over his and passed straight through, "You'll have to tell me later, after my nap..." She smiled tiredly, "I stayed up all night watching you...making sure you were ok...you snore like a bear...~"

She hummed contently, "Take a day off from repairs today...you spend so much time," she paused to yawn, "cooped in here with me that you've earned a day to yourself..."

The weekend had finally come, and he was back home for the next few days, nothing to do but repairs.

Layla sat where she always did at the table as she watched him, hoping he would remember on his own. It was ok if he didn't.

He washed his hands and sighed about halfwat through the day. "If I remember correctly, we had something to do today?"

She sat up a little straighter before smiling, "Yes! We have that baking date!" Date. "I'm so glad you remembered, I thought you had forgotten at first!"

She stood and tried to rummage through the pantry but her hand phased through, causing the cutest pout to form on her face. "I always forget that."

"Ok, you're going to find this very, very odd. But my mother-in-law made it a lot during the summer and it is so shockingly good that I had to get the recipe!" She said, "But we need peanuts, honey, baking powder, eggs, butter, and two cans of pinto beans!"

"Uh.. well, that is very odd." He laughed. "But, I'll take your word for it." He said, as he grabbed the needed items.

"Ok, so," she moved closer to watch him, "drain the beans first, and then set up your grindomat while they drain fully."

"Yes." He said, laughing softly. The beans were being drained, and he set up his food processor.

"Grind up the peanuts, and then once they're ground, add the beans." She told him, "After that goes the honey."

He nodded and did as she instructed. The processor sounded different, but the smell was the same as she remembered it.

Back
Top Bottom