Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is the last video game you completed to the end credits?

The LISA series is utter shit.

I disagree, The Painful is probably one of the few games I have played in recent years that made me feel conflicted about nearly every decision I had to take as a player. The only thing I can see turning people off aside from the difficulty spikes is the bleak nature of the setting but then again...

Edit : Just as a comparison since you name-dropped 'em, SOTC is a game with 10/10 lore, and 1/10 gameplay. I have never had to actively fight a game's controls as hard as I did with it.

Can't really speak on GTA since I cannot stand most of the games aside from SA & 4.

Is a game with "Painful" in the title meant to be happy? That's pretty telling on its own.

I beat Live A Live and FFXVI! Really liked both, although I wished for the former to be lengthier and the latter more focused on the RPG aspects.

Since yesterday, it was Zelda oracle of ages portage on Switch !
From now on, I will concentrate on finishing Hogwarts Legacy main story.

I disagree, The Painful is probably one of the few games I have played in recent years that made me feel conflicted about nearly every decision I had to take as a player. The only thing I can see turning people off aside from the difficulty spikes is the bleak nature of the setting but then again...

Edit : Just as a comparison since you name-dropped 'em, SOTC is a game with 10/10 lore, and 1/10 gameplay. I have never had to actively fight a game's controls as hard as I did with it.

Can't really speak on GTA since I cannot stand most of the games aside from SA & 4.

Is a game with "Painful" in the title meant to be happy? That's pretty telling on its own.

I beat Live A Live and FFXVI! Really liked both, although I wished for the former to be lengthier and the latter more focused on the RPG aspects.
Shadow of the Colossus has difficult controls by design. Your opinion is your own, won’t sway mine. LISA remains ass, SotC remains an absolute classic.

Shadow of the Colossus has difficult controls by design. Your opinion is your own, won’t sway mine. LISA remains ass, SotC remains an absolute classic.

Oh no, I mean, I like both games, SOTC is a personal favorite for many aspects, I have just always felt it's more of an experience rather than a fun game to play, and the design excuse to be copium.

That said, agree to disagree, I wasn't trying to sway anyone's opinion if that's what it sounded like lmao, just found it overly harsh in the end is all.

Getting icy over people trying to explain why the game(s) may not appeal to anyone due to design is certainly a valid take I can('t) relate to, though. 😅

Last edited:
Just completed Mega Man X on PS4 for the legacy collection. Won’t be doing X2-X4 for some time as these games infuriate me. I’m not about difficult games anymore, time is precious. PS4 had a weird sound glitch after playing a certain amount of time or doing certain things where too many sounds were involved. The sound being delayed screws eberything up. The music still slapped. Maybe I’ll play X2 next month. Not likely with MK1 coming out.

Jet Set Radio Future. Just got done with a playthrough in preparation for Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, which is definitely gonna be my next game I see the credits in. The 21 year wait for something even remotely like Jet Set Radio is so strong it's managed to pull me away from Baldur's Gate 3.

The last game for me was Tears of the Kingdom. I am glad I did since it showed a scene if you helped all the sages.

Does anyone else play strategy games? I have always been a huge fan of the Civilization series of games, all the way back to the first one from the 90's. I never got into many of the multiplayer games, especially shooter games due to my spotty internet connection...I am usually killed pretty quickly in those types of games.

I want to say Dead Cells but it doesn't really end perse. But saw the credits several times.

Final Fantasy XVI. Was ok, but overall a bit ... repetitive.
I'm in the process of playing through it and it does feel repetitive.

One good thing I love about 16 is the fact you don't have the worry about anyone's health but your own.

But last game I played? FF7 Remake. Preparing myself for when Rebirth drops in about a month.

Just completed Mega Man X on PS4 for the legacy collection. Won’t be doing X2-X4 for some time as these games infuriate me. I’m not about difficult games anymore, time is precious. PS4 had a weird sound glitch after playing a certain amount of time or doing certain things where too many sounds were involved. The sound being delayed screws eberything up. The music still slapped. Maybe I’ll play X2 next month. Not likely with MK1 coming out.

I got the collection on Switch (both of them). X1-X3 I've played before many times, but the rest I realllly couldn't manage.
But someday, I'll return to them again.

You're right, though. Time is precious, and the rush I get from accomplishing something difficult in a game has somewhat diminished. I have quite a few Metroidvania-ish type games where I got stuck on the final boss and wound up setting it aside because what I *really* like out of those games is the exploration and atmosphere. And since I already did most of that, the motivation is rather lessened. (Hollow Knight being the biggest one here).

Maybe there's a heaven where I'll be able to dedicate 1000 years to speedrunning, collecting Shiny pokemon with max IVs, and beating I Wanna Be the Guy, but on earth I've got a lot of other stuff I want to do.

Makes me wish there were more atmospheric games that weren't about hard boss fights and tricky jumps. Something along the lines of a classic adventure game.

---

Last game I finished was probably Baldur's Gate 3?

I got the collection on Switch (both of them). X1-X3 I've played before many times, but the rest I realllly couldn't manage.
But someday, I'll return to them again.

You're right, though. Time is precious, and the rush I get from accomplishing something difficult in a game has somewhat diminished. I have quite a few Metroidvania-ish type games where I got stuck on the final boss and wound up setting it aside because what I *really* like out of those games is the exploration and atmosphere. And since I already did most of that, the motivation is rather lessened. (Hollow Knight being the biggest one here).

Maybe there's a heaven where I'll be able to dedicate 1000 years to speedrunning, collecting Shiny pokemon with max IVs, and beating I Wanna Be the Guy, but on earth I've got a lot of other stuff I want to do.

Makes me wish there were more atmospheric games that weren't about hard boss fights and tricky jumps. Something along the lines of a classic adventure game.

---

Last game I finished was probably Baldur's Gate 3?
Yeah, agree. Hard games aren’t exactly fun or worth my time anymore.

Last game I completed to credits: Goodbye Volcano High.

Depressing and weird.

Devil May Cry V.

Very fun game even if I kinda suck at it haha.

Resident Evil 5 with a friend.

They just finished going through the remakes and wanted to play this one co-op. Forgot how bad, occasionally extremely frustrating and unintentionally funny entry this was.

Wesker is a fine character though.

When the time is available, and times seem bleak. I return to Okami and make sure I complete everything about it. It's the only Zelda-Esque game I enjoy, and feel its the perfect game.

Back
Top Bottom