Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirates Oh my! (Cute and Rainbows)

Star kept her head down until he spoke. She was quite confused as to why he would let her be a member of his crew. She didn't even have any talents besides reading and sneaking out of houses. Plus he should have known that she would much rather be arrested than be stuck here with him and his rapist crew. She would probably be more likely to escape if she was with the police as well. She sniffled a bit still a slightly confused look on her face. She didn't know if he was just saying that to get her to stop crying or what, but it worked pretty well. She slowly stopped crying, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "Why would you want me on your crew? I'm not good at anyhting but house chores and reading." She said, not trying to convince him otherwise, but just trying to figure out why he told her that.

"Well, people change and learn. If I only accepted people onto my crew that were master pirates already, I wouldn't even have a crew. Everyone has to start at the bottom of the latter and gradually work their way up each step. Even I did. I'd appreciate you not tell anyone this..............but I was a noble like you before becoming a pirate. I was on a ship bound for my homeland when we were attacked by a ship of another country. I barely survived and ended up floating with the wreckage before I was picked up by a pirate ship. Long story short, I started out as a spoiled little rich boy that wanted everyone to do stuff for him but didn't do anything myself. But, now look at me. I've got rumors floating around saying that I kill sea monsters with one hand, while sipping ale with the other." Johnathan explained, chuckling lightly to himself.

"What I'm trying to say is, appearances can be deceiving to the potential inside ones self." he added.

Star just stared at him as he spoke, she raised her eyebrows as he said he was a noble once. That was quite shocking to her. She would have never guessed something like that. She nodded as he said he didn't want her to tell anyone that. She comletely understood why. She actually smiled a bit as he said the part about the rumors floating around about him. She had heard even more ridiculous ones about him than that. She smirked a bit and sniffled as he added the last sentance. "Just like you really wear spectacles, right?" She asked, trying to give another example. She just sat there, smiling a bit as she waited for a response. "My father rubs his temples like that when he doesn't wear his glasses so I fugured you wear them as well becuase you were doing the same." She said, explaining how she knew. Even if he denied it she would know that he did.

Johnathan was surprised she managed to figure that out............but it was a pleasant surprise.

"Has anyone ever complimented you on how observant you are?" he asked, laughing lightly.

"Back then, my name was Johnathan Carter. I changed it after officialy joining the pirate ship. I wore glasses back then too, and my mother would constantly pester me into wearing them. She said it made me look intelligent.........I thought I just looked wierd." he added, chuckling at the thought of his childhood.

Star shook her head at the question. "No one's ever been around to notice." She said, but she wasn't really sad when she said it. She had gotten used to the thought of always being alone, except for the lifeless guards that were always around. She nodded, her father had mentioned something about the Carter family before, but not anything that she took much interest in. She smiled as he said his mother said how it made him look. "Well I'm sure they do make you look intelligent. But considering most pirates don't wear them, it would look a bit odd on you." She said, trying to picture him in glasses now.

"Well, I have them right here if you wouldn't mind giving me your opinion." Johnathan replied, opening one of the drawers on his desk and pulling out a rectangular leather pouch. He turned it over and the glasses landed on the palm of his hand. He then opened them up and placed them on, looking to her and waiting for her opinion on how he looked wearing them.

Star smiled a bit more as he said he would put them on for her. She watched as he took them out of his desk and put them on. She tilted her head to the side a bit and furrowed her brow as if studying him now. She stood up with a bit of trouble and walked over a bit closer to him. She tilted her head again and smiled. " I think they look quite nice on you." She said with a smile. "Your mom was right, you do look intelligent." She said, her smile growing a bit.

"Thanks. Been a while since I heard that. Care to try them on yourself?" Johnathan asked, smiling. Even though he knew she didn't need glasses, he was just making conversation and being a little playful. It was rare for him to act like this. He was only like this in private when he was in a good mood, and it seemed her happiness made him happy.......more or less.

Star nodded as he said thanks. She looked at him a bit oddly as he asked if she wanted to try them on. She reached over, taking them gently off his face and looking them over carefully as if they would bite her if she put them on. She eventually slid them on her face, they were a bit crooked and were too big for her face. She looked over at him for a moment before laughing and realizing she probably sooked ridiculous in them.

Johnathan himself couldn't contain his laugh and just busted out laughing. Still, for him, it was pretty restrained compared to normal people.

"Not bad. You look pretty good in them." he said, still laughing as he stood up and slid them off her head. He put them back into the pouch and turned back to her, unintentionally looking right into her eyes, almost hypnotized as he looked at her.

As he laughed as well Star didn't feel so akward, in fact she felt a bit normal for once. She smiled as he said she looked pretty good. She wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not but it didn't really matter to her at the moment. She just stood there, smiling at him as he looked into her bright blue eyes. She just stared back into his. She wasn't quite sure why, but didn't really want to look away form them.

"So........um..........how'd you like that last book?" Johnathan asked, managing to tears his eyes away from her, obviously blushing as his cheeks were a light shade of pink as he went over and sat on the edge of his bed, leaning back and holding himself up with his arms. Even as he spoke, his thoughts were just filled with how beautiful and graceful she looked.

She blushed as well as he spoke, looking back at the book that was still on the ground from when it fell from her lap. "I-I was pretty good. I love horror books, but my father never really let me read too many of them." She said going over and picking up the book. She was surprisingly flaxible, not having to bend her knees to pick up the book as the corset kept her back straight. "He said they currupted the mind." She added, walking back over to the shelf and putting the book back. There wasn't any order to them which kind of bothered her, but if that was how he wanted the then she would just have to deal with it.

"Well, I do have more of that genre. You're welcome to read them if you'd like. I would suggest the Curse of Shadows. It's quiet suspenseful and event made me jump a few times." Johnathan replied, leaning down to unlace his boots so he could remove them and be more comfortable. He glanced over at her as she stood at the small book shelf.

"I know, it's not very organized. I've never really had the time to put them in any particular order. If you'd prefer them organized, you're welcome to do so in any way you see fit." he told her, looking over at her as he removed his boots and stretched his legs.

Star smiled and nodded at the suggestion. "I'll have to read that one next then." She said, looking over the books to see if she could find it. After a moment she did and pulled it off the shelf. It was a bit larger than the two she had already rread so it would take her a bit longer, which made her excited. She looked back at him as he said he jsut hadn't had the time to put them in order. She smiled a bit as he said she could order them if she liked. She did so, setting Curse of Shadows on his desk and going back to the shelf and began to put them in alphabetical order. Ater she read them all she would then put them in order of genre and she was pretty sure that she would indeed have time to read them all. She concentrated on the shelf, oblivious to the fact that he was staring at her.

"Is organization something you're a big fan off?" Johnathan asked, turning to sit on the bed, his legs laying across his sheets as he watched her organizing his modest collection. He placed his hands behind his head and leaned back against the headboard, relaxed and fine with just watching her. He wasn't leering at her like a pervert or anything. She was just........hypnotically beautiful now that they were being nice to one another.

She shook her head but didn't look back at him. "No, not really, I'm just a bit of a neat freak so I have impulses to organize and sometimes clean." She said, blushed a bit but she wasnt facing him so he probably would notice. She was having a bit of trouble reaching the top shelf but she managed, too proud to ask for help from him. She continued organizing until it was done and she finally turned and picking the last book up off the desk, walking around it and sitting down at it. She didn't think he would mind if she sat there, but if he did she would probably still sit there anyways.

Normally, he would mind someone sitting at his desk, but with her, it just entertained him that she was so forward and didn't hesitate to sit there.

"In that case, I'll clear off the maps from the desk tomorrow, so that you have a clear space to read. That is, unless there's another spot you'd like to read at." he said, still just watching her. He wasn't so much staring, as he was just curious as to what she would be doing.

Star looked up at him as he spoke, having been taught that it was rude to look away from people when they were talking to you. She smiled a bit and nodded. "Thanks." She said andglanced down at the maps. She looked back up at him as he said there might be someplace else she could read, and the only place she could think of would be outside so she could be in the sun, but that most likely wouldn't happen because she would either try and escape or distract the crew or tempt them. She looked down at the table for a moment, then back up him. "Not unless you'd be willing to let me read out of the deck." She said, knowing he would probably say no to that.

"Well...........maybe, but not alone though, for your own safety. If you can assure me that you'd not try and jump overboard or some such, I could allow you to read on the upper deck whilst I'm out there, controlling the wheel. It's got plenty of space and the only person that's ever up there is who has hold of the wheel at the time." Johnathan explained. He was somewhat hesitant about letting her up, even when he was there with her, but.........he wanted to give her at least a little freedom to read, since she enjoyed it so much.

She seemed to light up as he said she could as long as he was there. She nodded as he said for her safety. That completely made sense to her. Especially since he was the only one on this ship that didn't seem to want to rape her. At least the only one that seem to openly want to rape her. She smiled as he explained that the only person up there was the person at the wheel and she was sure she could hold her own against at least one of his men, probably not more than one though. She didn't really think about that now though, only thinking about being able to go out of the deck.

"Well, it's good to see that brought such a beautiful smile to your face." Johnathan replied, smiling lightly. Even though he wasn't an expert or anything at flirting, he did have his flirty moments. Though, it was usually like this situation. He wasn't consciously trying to flirt. But rater, he was just being friendly. But, it tended to come as flirting at first glance.

Star blushed a bit at his comment and looked back to her book, trying to hide her face a bit. Her smile faded as she began to read, snuggling back into the chair she was sitting in. It was quite a comfortable chair and considering she was kind of small it seemed a bit big to her. It was perfect for reading a scary story like this. As long as he didn't try and sneak up on her or make any sudden movements she would be perfectly fine.

"You're cute when you blush....." Johnathan teased, catching her blush before she could hide it behind the book.

"Chair's comfy..........aint it? I can't count how many times I've fallen asleep in it, reading like you are now." he then added. While he was teasing her, he really did find her blushing cute. She was beautiful normally, but when she blushed.........she looked plain adorable.

When he mentioned her blushing it only caused her to blush more from thinking about it. She pulled the book up a bit more to hide it better, but he could still probably see her face a bit. She nodded at the comment about the chair. "Indeed it is." She said, agreeing with him. She had never had anyone make her blush like this before, despite all the men who had tried, they never seemed to succeed. She peered over the top of the book at him, just to see if he was still looking at her. She was a bit selfconcious now, and it made her remember she was really only in her undergarmets. But she doubted he would find that out unless she told him.

Back
Top Bottom