Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Year 1023... (Frozen Princess x RainK

Zara gave a nod to the other girl as she stopped behind her friends it seemed her character was well known or at least others would pretend as such since she had the monicar next to her name and everything. "Depends on what's the cheapest haha" She smiled a very toothy grin only to glance down at Polly and let out a laugh "Man someone was fawning over their own girlfriends far too much to pay attention to the rest of us. Well fawning over one fighting with the other." She smirked and gave Catra a bonk to the head "Don't wind her up again the last thing we need is the doc there to be right."

KC smiled and gave Polly a kiss on the cheek as she finally settled down and kept her mouth shut for the moment although it was quite clear she was ready to lay into someone if given the chance. She turned her attention to the newest girl and raised a brow as she glanced down at the finger "Hey....I know that ring or at least have seen plenty of girls wearing it. Are you an actual player and are you from Littleton by chance and if yes are you on the volleyball team. Because if not then this game is really starting to get freaky." She raised a brow waiting for an answer while at the same time following Angies gaze and letting out her own internal sigh as her hand drifted to her bow

Cinderella rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like I recognize the new nose piercing, 'Artemis'. Aaannnnyhoo, I got a table for you right over here." Cinderella said, leading them to a large booth in the corner, where they could watch everything... Well, the three that sat at the booth, backs to the corner could watch everything.

Catnip took the chair right in front of the part of the booth that Zara would sit, and wouldn't budge unless Zara physically placed her elsewhere. Southern Fried Doctor Angela took the other chair, leaving Cassandra Snow White to be the meat between the Queen and Goddess of the Hunt.

As they got settled, Cinderella explained. "Pretty much everything here is reasonable, Majesty." She handed the menus out. "But of the specials, the game hen with all the fixin's which is a corn and green beans succotash, fries or mashed potatoes or mashed yams, and dinner rolls. If it stays quiet like this, and it's alright with you lot, I'll take my break and sup with you. It just slacked off about half-hour ago. I'm bushed but not too tired to get you your meals and drinks."

"Tea." Catnip said. "Green tea. With a dash of, well, my namesake. Catnip."

"Mint Julep." Angela said before Polly kicked her under the table. "Ow! The hell was that about, Leia?! Ow! Danged sassafrassin' so and so!" She actually had to rub the spot. "It's a game ya whippersnapper! Ah c'n have a Mint Julep if Ah want a Mint Julep!"

"Non alcoholic mead." Cassandra Snow White said, continuing to glare at the doctor of the team.

Cinderella shook her head. "I suppose nectar of the gods, Artemis, since everyone seems to be drinking what the character they are would drink, and what would Her Majesty prefer?"

KC gave a bit of a blush as she rubbed the back of her head and gave her nose ring a small poke. "Well that's good to know, but um which of the girls are you?" She would follow along behind her before stopping at the table, she was about to let Polly take the outside when the other girl slipped in before her and plopped down in the middle. She gave a shrug before dropping down into the booth next to her. Taking a moment to read the menu she listened to the other girl's order before glancing up and giving a nod "That sounds good to me." She would smile and after Zara ordered would turn to Polly and poke her in the cheek "Hey what is your problem over here hmmm? You've been acting like a bees in your bonnet since the moment we got into this game and it can't all be Angie."

Zara glanced down at her girlfriend and then at the booth and then glanced around the room once more before giving a sigh. She would prefer to sit in the chair as it would probably give her more room but she would also like to be able to actually watch the room. So she settled into the booth and after a moment she would stretch out her legs letting them rest across Catras lap. Taking a moment to look over the menu she gave a nod to the server "I'll just take some mead if you don't mind and if you kick me, Polly, that window will quickly gain a you-sized hole." She glanced over at her before giving her a knowing nod as well

Cinderella tutted at KC. "You want me zapped, or something? I can't tell you who I really am, I can only hint at it. Example, you just celebrated my birthday in September when I got this, my birthstone and something else..." She pointed to herself a few times to indicate her gem was also her name. She then looked to the others. "So we have a green tea with a dash of catnip for the leopard; Mint Julep for the obvious cranky southern doctor." She winked at Angie. "Love the irony of your character and the one from Star Trek both being cranky southern cusses and drinking Mint Juleps; regular mead for the Queen of the Cat Tribes; ambrosia, aka nectar of the gods for the Greek goddess; and non alcoholic mead for Snow White who thinks she's Leia from Star Wars. Let me get your drinks and come back for your meal selections."

Angie who was across from KC, said, giving KC another clue to Cinderella's identity, although it was doubtful KC needed any more, although it was in the form of a question. "Hey Artemis, she ain't th' 'un that got that job at the retro drive in restaurant that has them carhops, is she? Cuz if so, no wonder she's on the volleyball team. Ya should see that girl on them ol' fashion roller skates! I dunno why they can't have inline skates, she'd have more speed as a carhop." Of course, Angie failed to understand the term 'retro'. A complete throwback to the carhops of the 50s and 60s before inline skates existed.

Polly folded her arms and glared a Really, gf, you need to ask? since she was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. She also kept eyeing the door, almost expecting trouble to hop through the door, or bust it down one, and readied her blowgun. She gave Zara a look of You're old enough. She ain't! apparently forgetting Zara's age, too

Angie sighed, choosing not to say anything, but her body language was screaming to stand up for Zara... And again remind Polly it was only a game. If she didn't know any better, she'd swear that despite what Polly, or rather Snow White was saying, she DID expect her dad to make an appearance just in order to ruin her birthday.

KC took a moment before it finally dawned on her who the other girl was and it didn't hurt that Angies guess confirmed her suspicions. "Ahh ok yea now I know who she is so many of the girls get those rings its hard to know for sure but yea I'm on board." She gave Angie a nod with a chuckle "Oh for sure she's got legs for volley ball." She smiled again before turning her attention back to the seriously miffed girlfriend of hers. She had a guess what her problem was but at the same time it was just a game and it seemed to be feeding off of her emotions. It wasn't like her dad was savvy enough to get into an online game just to cause problems, honestly they were probably better in the virtual world at the moment. She sighed and leaned into her giving her cheek a kiss before laying her head on her shoulder.

Zara on the other hand couldn't help but laugh at the girl's reaction to her own choice of drink. She shook her head and smacked the table with a strong hand before her laugh filled the room.
"You short stuff are something else." She smiled wide before she leaned back in the booth her arms outstretched behind it while she brought her legs up and let the settle onto Catras lap a devious smile crossing her face. "Hmm lets see if you truly are my servant in this game. My dear I believe my legs need a nice massage and oh look at that your lap is the perfect foot rest for me to use."

Catnip tilted her head slightly, but at the same time started 'kneading' Zara's legs with her palms, similar to how a cat would it's human's back, chest or stomach.

Angela took all this in with mild amusement. "Welp, guess that answers that." She said in her Georgian drawl. It finally hit her Cinderella's remarks, "Why in blazes would Saph ask ya if yer tryin' t' get 'er zapped?"

Goldie appeared. "She's not an NPC for one. Probably the same reason a real player on her own mission is careful what she does." A sigh. "Guess I'm your tutor as well. Tap your screens on your headpieces, near your ears in the real world with me." She did it herself, seeming to freeze, all the action around, including Sapphire as Cinderella seemed to stop moving. "You with me?" Goldie asked looking at the others. "Now, if your home glasses are anything like mine, take your right hand, or left if that's how you write and feel for the knob on them." She did so. "A screen should appear in front of you that says Menu. Touch Unwritten Rules, which is basically the etiquette for inside the game and an addendum to the rules you all had to agree to when you got on. As you can see, when you set up your character, you got a box," she pointed under hers to her own box that said GOLDWYN "GOLDIE" GOLD, AMATEUR ARCHAEOLOGIST/ SOCIALITE "Anytime you see one of these," she pointed to each of theirs and to Cinderella's, "That's a real person playing the part." She pointed to two of the patrons in the tavern/inn currently seemingly frozen that also had the boxes, namely "Jonathan Hart" and the woman "Jennifer Hart". several, including another couple near them did not. "Back to the unwritten rules." She seemed to scroll nothing slowly, "Right here, number seven. Any person or persons who knowingly give out their real information in character is subject to expulsion. All players are to use the name they selected at the beginning. Even while speaking. Vocation can be hidden from the public eye." She looked at the five. "I remember that I even somewhat resemble a real life version, with maybe slightly darker skin, of the cartoon girl I'm playing. I chose her to play, and like you all, am a beta tester. As is most those in here including Cinderella, who you can see, did not hide her vocation. 'Innkeeper' is right there." She smirked. "I've had a lot of downtime since my character was captured, so I nosed around to see what I could learn about the game. It's very intricate. A super-genius had to have created it... And someone familiar with classic shows and movies and the like. My character is from the early 80s, for example. Angela is acting like one from the mid 60s, Snow White a princess from the 70s. You're likely to see all kinds of D&D like critters, as well. I have. Most those are NPC, but I did meet a talking purple dragon named Lockheed*. So, just watch for the boxes, that way you don't accidentally kill an actual player in the game. No box? Fire away. And no, I didn't create this thing. It's way too complex for this nerd. I've just nosed around. Oh. If you guys are trying to recruit? Anyone with a box can be approached. Even Cindy over there. No NPC. Those are computer generated. Nobody is on the outside controlling them. I'm going back in. See ya there. I've got something to tell you in game. Just thought I'd show you the inner workings I found to help your experience." She seemed to twist nothing by her ear and froze.

When they would return to the game, Cinderella would be staring at them with a concerned look. "Was wondering what you guys were doing. Are you ready to order?"

*Lockheed was Kitty's dragon from X-Men and Excalibur comic books

Last edited:
Zara smiled as the other girl got to work, even though she gave her a quizzical look she still did as she had been asked. And while Zara couldn't actually feel it she still made a few noises of appreciation "You my dear are a saint." She shot her a wink before finally her attention was caught by the sudden appearance of the other girl yet again. She took a moment to listen to her before following her directions and fiddling with the machine. Then she sat through the lesson nodding her head alongside it even as she ignored most of it, basically don't break the immersion for everyone else or fear getting kicked. "Easy enough" she smiled and glanced at Cinderalla "Just hook us up with your best stuff and we will give you this boar to use however you like."

KC took her time trying to parse through all the information the other girl had given them and although she was able to keep up it was still a lot. Shaking her head she finally came out of it and felt like her eyes were spinning. She sighed and lay her head against Pollys shoulder "Who would have thought a game would require so much reading in one setting not to mention having to remember it all."

Cinderella nodded, noticing the size of the animal. "That sounds like a fair trade for the Queen's Feast which can easily serve six. Is that also an invitation to dine with your Majesty, then, as I'm not sure."

Polly was nodding like crazy, yet pleading with her eyes to let Cinderella join them so Polly could try to recruit her.

Goldie laughed at KCs remark. "Maybe because we're all beta testers, dear Artemis. We're here to work the bugs out. Anyhoo. The real reason I made an appearance originally was to warn you all that Snow White's dad is planning to take her by force. A whole troop of humans, ogres, trolls and whatnot are headed this way."

Angela got up, and went over to the Harts' table. "Y'all wouldn't have any weapons with which to fight, would ya? We could really use your help, and maybe as fellow adventurers to save the real version of the hologram. Or something like that."

Jennifer Hart just stared blankly at Angela for a few moments, also noticing the box Angela McCoy- Physician/Apothecary/Healer/Mage
"If I were you, Doc, I'd hide your spellcasting ability from common knowledge, just so Jonathan and I don't have to try to solve your murder. We hid our vocations, because we're supposed to be on vacation." She poufed her hair as she smiled at Jonathan Hart. "What do you say, darling? A bit of daring-do as we vay-cay from the normal ratrace we're usually caught in?"

Someone was going all out playing her part of the wife of a certain selfmade millionaire that solved murders on the side.

Zara nodded as she set the boar down on the table before raising a brow at the girl's question and giving her a shrug. "I'm not gonna stop you. If you've been on your feet for most of the day seems fine if you want to settle in and enjoy a good meal." She gave her another shrug and a smile before she turned her attention back to the hologram of a girl and perked up at the sound of what she was saying "Hmm well that sounds like a fun bit of time although hopefully, they arrive after dinner, I'd hate to have to watch all the food get smashed and tossed about." She shook her head and leaned back into her chair

KC gave her own nod before she glanced over at Angie with a raised brow
"You didn't tell us all of that" She sighed and continued to listen to the other girl as Angie got up to go an make new friends or something like that. "Well I'm with Zara do you happen to have an ETA on when they might get here or you just know that they've left?"

Goldie shook her head. "They left about five minutes ago game time on horses, so three times quicker than you'll get here traveling by foot." She shrugged. "An hour then? Maybe?"

The Harts' would have been both listening to Angie and the hologram, as Cinderella just blinked at her. "You mean my inn only has an hour left to be in one piece?!" She called to the cook in a very sharp soprano with authority. "Get out here and get this boar in the freezer, and I want the Queen's Feast special ready for me to get to this booth, yesterday!"

Polly's eyes went wide. "Damn! Captain Cinderella of the High Cs, much?"

Jennifer Hart couldn't help but chuckle, before asiding to her husband, "Wait till she gets a load of me and my chop socky, or you and your right hook. I'm definitely wanting to at least stay long enough to save Snow White from being kidnapped."

"I definitely would like you to come with us to save her, now!" Polly called as Cinderella raced to the kitchen to gather plates, as the meal's different aspects came on their serving platters.

Meanwhile the cook came and retrieved the boar for the large icebox, reminding Cinderella that it was 1023 and the thing she had mentioned hadn't been invented yet. Also, having the order ready yesterday was not in the realm of possibility, even with magic. The cook didn't have a box so he was computer generated.

As Cinderella came back, and set the settings at each place as well as each drink, she commented, "We'll see, Snow, we'll see."

A countdown clock would appear just in the peripheral vision of all real players involved of the 55 minutes slowly going down. It was apparently on real time according to a comment by both Jennifer Hart and Cinderella, with Jennifer saying, "Jinx, another orange juice please."

Last edited:
Zara nodded her head as she leaned back in her seat and relaxed "Well good that gives us enough time to enjoy the meal and probably set up some sort of trap. Nothing fancy mind you but maybe me and catnip behind the door while KC and Angie settle in back here to shoot them with arrows and magic stuff. I'm not too sure what the rest of you can do but suffice to say the room will fill up fast so I'm positive something will come your way." She smirked before nodding her head at cinderella then watching as the food was set out before them, she knew it wasn't real but she was determined to enjoy it and so she tucked in.

KC smiled some as the room suddenly got very busy the patron getting their food out relatively quickly even as she stressed about what was to come.
"Well despite it being the time frame it is they still had cold storage, just you know it'd be in a cellar where the ground would naturally keep it cool." She shrugged giving a bit of a blush though as she realized she had sounded somewhat like her girlfriend when she talked about cars and sciency stuff. "Ugh I've been hanging out with you to much I just naturally started spouting that off"

Catra nodded along to Zara's plan, silently liking it by her big Cheshire like grin.

Polly looked at Zara and held up both her pea shooter thing and her dagger. She threw a kiss KCs way for showing off her smarts.

Jennifer showed off some martial arts stances and moves.

Cinderella chuckled. "I think we have things pretty much in hand. And unless the hologram can actually do something..."

Goldie got the hint, and with a smirk, held up a pocket mirror. "Being a socialite, amateur archaeologist, and adventuress all rolled in one DOES have it's advantages."

Cinderella shook her head as she sat down with the others to eat. "What are you going to do? Prettify them to death?" She snarked. Sapphire was known to be able to stand toe to toe with Captain Chatfield and trade snarky blows, making the captain walk off muttering and defeated more than once, so she just pretty much gave away who she was to KC at least.

Goldie shrugged, opened it, and sent a laser beam of a red bright light right into Cinderella's reflection in her water. "Don't underestimate the power of a good mirror, Cindy."

Polly blinked. "Then why do you need rescued again?" Goldie shook her head, did the same thing with the mirror, but this time aimed it for Polly's eyes. "Aaahhh!" Polly gasped, dropping fork, covering and then rubbing her eyes. She blinked several times and her eyes seemed to be back to normal. "Oh. Combination of light refraction and optical illusion. You know, Goldie, you smart ass, you could have just SAID that."

"Actions speak louder, Snow White." Goldie said, closing the mirror. "It doesn't work where I'm at. I'd only have a few seconds to grab the keys and run. I'm not some Speedy Gonzales Flash."

Polly blinked a few more times as Angie sat back down and dug in also. "Sheesh. So Lady MacGyver DOES need a rescue. That's gotta be a first!" Angie said with a shake of her head.

Zara gave a nod although she did have to raise a brow as Catra agreed to her plan with a very wide very toothy grin. She shook her head and rolled her eyes before turning her attention to the meal in front of them. She would take her time sorting through the food as she listened to the others talk gauging what they could do. Seems they had enough fighters to not be overwhelmed and Goldie could do something with light, so probably a distraction or something. Zara nodded, seems they would be just fine and despite it being fake she could swear she could taste this food and it was good.

KC blushed a bit more especially when Polly gave her a kiss just for spouting off some random information. She shook her head with a sigh before leaning forward to snag some of the dinner laid out before them.
"Well I don't really understand all that but sounds good." She smiled and shrugged before leaning back and setting her quiver off to the side so it would be in a good spot and easy to reach. "If we knock this table on its side I should have good cover and a great line of sight."

As Cinderella was enjoying her first break she'd had all day, she glanced at Zara, before looking at KC/Artemis."From the sounds of the hologram, here, the plan is to kidnap Snow and forcibly drag her back to the castle." She pointed to Polly, to drive the point home even harder. "Thankfully, this table is big enough for three (obviously) to be behind it with relative ease. I'm surprised, Snow, that you didn't choose Ariel, since you are the backup mermaid. I mean, only one person I know has a necklace with a locket like that." She pointed to Polly's locket, that Polly quickly covered.

"Yeah, well," Polly muttered, "Her fairy tale didn't exactly have a happy ending. In almost every version except Disney's, she dies. Most the time, turning to sea foam. So, hard pass on THAT ending, thankyouverymuch."

Goldie gave another slow clap. "Not very many remember her real tragic story. Well done. Doesn't save you from your current predicament, though."

Angie looked over again to the bar, and the chandelier. "Too bad ya ain't act'chelly here, Goldie." She pointed to the chandelier.

Goldie apparently got the hint and nodded. "Best I can do with my light show is distract or temporarily blind to give you guys the upper hand."

"Aw, come ON! Can we not destroy The Glass Slipper too much?! This is my livelihood in game, guys!" Cinderella whined.

Catra put an index finger up. "Those bad guys are sure to have lots of coins on them. Why don't we make a pact now that Cinderella gets half the coin loot if we cause severe damage to the inn... That way she'll have the coins to rebuild."

Cinderella took a breath. "If you give me half the reward loot to rebuild, ill join your band, and take you to someone on the outskirts of the village that'll jump at the chance to get out and stretch her legs."

Polly, Angie and Catra would exchange looks with Zara and KC, as well as each other. Angie nodded. Polly shrugged and said, "Deal, Cinderella. But I can't be captured."

Jennifer Hart couldn't help but remark from her nearby table, "If we win, you won't be kidnapped, silly."

Zara gave a yawn as she stretched and snagged some more of the food for herself "Isn't that the plan for all would be despot kings? Capture the princess throw her in jail rule the world or some stupid shit like that." She gave another shrug as she pulled her sword out from behind her and set it to the side along with her scepter which she was going to dual wield as a mace. "In the end, his little friends are going to find new homes 6 feet under, and then we'll be marching to his castle and all that." She took a moment longer to finish eating before finally satisfied she stood up and started to move around the inn making preparations as well as hindrances for the incoming soldiers

KC chuckled and shook her head as she leaned back in her chair
"Somehow you remember that old tale but one about a witch and her candy house escapes you. Oh wait or was it a blondie and three bears? Or maybe it was both?" She took a moment to think trying to remember one of the many times they had teased the other girl. After a bit, she turned her attention back to the conversation at hand "I mean all that is assuming we destroy your inn. At the moment it just sounds like we're turning over one table." It was then they would hear a crack as Zara broke something to create something like a caltrop array. "Nevermind"

Catra had also finished eating, and hopped up, bounding over to help Zara set up.

Cinderella thumped her forehead against the table, "Ugh... I'll start a tab... For now. Until I can't figure any more."

Angela got up after she finished eating, and went to the bar section. "Although you don't need to hide since you're not really physically here... Can you duck behind the bar and not be seen?" She then went through the different alcoholic drink bottles. "Let's see, Gin for burnin' th' eyes, vodka for a Molotov Cocktail... Bourbon can also burn..." She started rummaging through her spell book. "Right. Lager. Lager was first invented around this time as that's the alcohol in most meads! Well, the hops and yeast are, at any rate." She gathered all the bottles together off the shelves and brought them over to KC. "Here Artemis, when y'all wanna set yer arrows ablaze." She went back to the bar. "Pols can help ya hole up here."

"Thanks lumps, Angie..." Polly groaned. She then gave a puzzled look at KC. She had been so focused on her car/science project, she had completely forgotten to verify the other tales. "I told you, well, Angie, what to do about those neighbors of hers. And I reiterate: just because someone is a womanizer don't make them a real wolf. They're just acting like one. I know bear people. My biological father is one. And just because they eat and live like one, doesn't make someone a real pig. Can we focus now, girlfriend?"

Goldie blinked. She just got a taste of Polly-logic, and she ended up shaking her head, sadly. "You gotta be kidding me. I thought you were smarter than that, Snow... You, me and Artemis need to sit down in the real world and have a lengthy conversation about fairy tales."
She then walked over and got behind the bar, by walking through the counter. Sure enough, everything from her waist down disappeared. "Oh jolly. Looks like I can."

Cinderella, blinking, looked up and at Polly like she had two heads. "Include me in on that conversation when you and Goldie have it, Artemis, I'm pretty sure you have my number, or access to it." She sighed as she got up and cleared most the table, quickly putting that stuff up and coming back over, "If you can't beat 'em," she pulled out a slingshot, took aim with it, and a fork, and fired it into the wall at the bar as a practice shot. "Might as well join em. I'm pretty handy with a slingshot and silverware."

Zara glanced up at the bit of noise coming from the owner "What we already said you get half. You're gonna come out on top because more than likely these soldiers will be quite dumb and have heaps of money on them." She stretched continuing to work on a few things here and there handing stuff to Catra and instructing her what to do with it before finally, she felt like they were ready to go. She smiled and leaned down kissing Catras cheek before moving up to her ear "Alright my little kitty pet why don't you climb up into those rafters like a good girl and drop on their heads, make me proud." She gave her ear a nip before standing up straight and moving behind the door frame

KC shook her head at the two concerned looks she got from the other two girls before sighing and patting her girlfriend's head.
"Ya know it's a good thing you're a genius about other things. Also your cute so that's a bonus." She smiled and gave her booty a smack before grabbing the table and flipping it once she was sure it was clear and ready for them. As Angie delivered some of the fun supplies she smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek as well before giving her booty a smack to. Satisfied with her preparations she hunkered down behind the table and waited. She was sure to do good she had her best girls with her and a proper dose of fun times on either hand.

Catra leapt up and into the rafters, watching the door, looking full on like a leopard ready to pounce on an unsuspecting Impala in the African Serengeti. Wiggling back, swishing tail, and all.

Angie watched that and shook her head. "Someone's gittin' too wrapped up in playin' a leopard..." Said the girl getting too into her role of a curmudgeonly southern country doctor.

"Says the curmudgeon of a southern doctor. Pot calling the kettle black, there, Angela McCoy." Goldie scoffed as both ducked behind the long bar. She really had no room to talk either. She literally seemed like the rich socialite/archeologist/
adventuress she was playing!

Cinderella ducked behind the table with Polly once again sandwiched between two athletic women volleyball players. "According to that countdown clock and the whinnying of approaching horses... 75 seconds until showtime. Make yourself scarce, Cookie." She waved the kitchen help away.

The Harts headed behind a wall, leaving only the scattering of computer generated diners going about eating and talking, oblivious to the happenings of the actual players with tags, preparing for what was to come.

Goldie perked up to the voice of the apparent leader. She poked her head over the countertop, "Dad?! He's playing one of them! The apparent leader! Watch for a box, watch for a box! Remember, don't kill a box!"

The door came flying in, smashing into two dining at a table across from it, killing the man and severely injuring the woman, and in came a large array of about twenty or so ogres, with none other than Disney villain Duke Sigmund Igthorne, despot leader of Drekmore coming in with the box. He spoke up. "Princess Calla! Er, right, Cassandra! Give yourself up and come quietly!"
Screenshot_20220809-192724.png

Goldie facepalmed. "Three centuries too soon, dad..." She complained, before blinding her own father's character... And all hell broke loose on Cinderella's poor Glass Slipper. Forks and knives went flying into the ogres, Catra slit several jugulars and then started beating on Igthorne with her fists, trying to direct him toward Jonathan and Jennifer Hart. She just jumped clear as Jennifer literally mule kicked him through the large window that KC had looked in only a mere hour or so before, Jonathan didn't hold back on the ogres, pummeling several to death.

Like a hydra seemingly, for every ogre that fell, two more barged in with a smattering of knights and trolls joining the fray. Soon, however, the number started to dwindle. Angie wasn't doing too shabbily making ogres, knights and trolls alike pay with her magic, for attacking. She even turned one of the knights into a literal donkey, saying, "Jackass ye act, so jackass ye be!" Jackass then mule kicked several bad guys himself as he brayed and ran for the exit fast as his hooves could carry him.

Polly held her own, surprisingly, pelting all non-labelled bad guys with what turned out to be apple seeds from her blowgun. Woe to any troll or ogre that swallowed one (and there were several) as it meant instant cyanide poisoning.

The labelled villain started ranting and raving waving his sword. "Two hundred gold pieces to the one who brings me the head of the goddess! Another twenty for the head of whoever the hell kicked me! And a new fur stole to whoever wrings that damned cat's neck!"

Mr. Krezis was getting too into his character's role, just like everyone else before him, including his own daughter. Something DID seem wrong with the game... Catra was too much like a leopard; Angie a curmudgeon; Sapphire an upset innkeeper watching her livelihood getting destroyed, yet she kept firing very sharp objects into the bad guys; Polly too much like Leia, shouting orders and kicking ogre asses and taking names; and Goldie like some rich socialite with an adventurous streak. Not to mention how real the food tasted...

Truly, Polly was the only one not acting like "Snow White", her character, however... She still wasn't right.

Last edited:
Zara took a moment to enjoy the view of her girlfriend climbing up into the rafters and then that wiggling butt wasn't a bad sight either. She raised a brow and turned her attention to Angie about to make the same comment that 4 people other people chimed in on so she shrugged and continued to watch her girlfriend. She was concerned about all this but at the same time, she found this to be very attractive. It seemed her natural magics protected her from the wonkyness of the game but regular Zara still had feline likings. Shaking her head she took her spot behind the door and waited. And then when it flew open she dove into the middle of them her sword and mace flying this way and that as she sent ogre after ogre flying. She continued to whittle them down until she heard the leader guy shouting his orders. Her eyes immediately narrowed and she stormed her way towards him, how dare he think he could touch her girlfriend? She managed to keep herself under control long to take him down with a firm mace to the head dropping him to the ground but not outright killing him. "Bastard" She turned from him and began to finish off the rest of the ogres.

K.C. for her part wasn't feeling affected by the game, maybe it was how much time she spent with Zara and her magics, or perhaps it was her real-life concern for the blonde girl who had snagged her heart. For her part, she took her time shooting every arrow she possibly could hitting them in the softest spots and aiming for one-shot takedowns. She took out a fair share for herself and any that didn't die from her friends would quickly meet their death to an arrow. When Zara took out the leader she took a moment to pin him to the ground so he couldn't go anywhere if he woke back up and then she was back to killing other badguys

Jennifer was the first one to seem to have her adrenaline come down. She blinked as she looked around. There was a troll, knight and ogre, all dead, slumped over the ring of the spinning chandelier in the bar area. The mirrored glass behind the counter was shattered and a dead troll was on the counter. Goldie had done well enough blinding bad guys to actually level up to two, but just barely. She stuck her hand through the counter. "Oops. That's right. Where's the mirror?" She felt nothing around the ruins of the area right behind the bar counter, but eventually set nothing up. "Don't know how, but the magic mirror got knocked down and it had to be me, but thankfully it's not broken."

She looked around as Angie grumbled very curmudgeonly about time to start patching everyone together, even snarking to whoever was running the game, calling them Jim. "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor not a fighter!" Her bright shiny three with several experience points in magic and resourcefulness told a different story. Her healing experience starting climbing as she patched every injury on all the ones with a box, the good girls first, and wrapping both Jonathan's hands after putting healing salves on them, before making her way toward Igthorne. She glared at each of the other boxes in turn, daring them to say something, before treating him, but not releasing him from his ropes. "Which one o' y'all tied him up? Damn good knots..." After looking them over she nodded to Polly. "Who helped ya, brainiac Leia? Yer good but not this good."

Cinderella looked around at the disaster her inn had become as Jennifer finally admitted it was her, but could've sworn they had help from either Zara or Artemis."Clean up and gathering time. If I'm going to help on the adventure, I definitely need a sword. I can't handle these broadswords though, so could someone help me find..." She pantomimed a saber.

Catra was knocked out, snoozing up in the rafters, several of her abilities a lot higher, and she was close to a 5 according to the level bar and her 4. Energy and hit points low, it would probably be advisable to just let sleeping felines lay. Polly and Angie looked up occasionally, swearing they were hearing her purr in her sleep.

Jennifer seemed to make a few more experience points than her husband, considering her level bar was closer to complete, but both had 3s.

Polly blinked as she looked at her box and her 5 with no extra experience points toward 6. A lot of her talents and abilities, little surprise there, were also higher, including leadership. What was a surprise was the game changed her name, but not her look. It was now Princess Cassandra Leia Organa-Rebel Warrior Princess/Leader

Angie and Cinderella just gaped in disbelief, before checking their boxes. No change with them. Goldie frowned and checked hers. No change.

"Well," Jennifer commented. "That's a game changer. I'm actually torn between helping your rebellion and bowing out like we originally planned." She looked at her husband who shrugged. Catnip let out a snoring purr that even caused Igthorne to look up in surprise at the napping leopard in the rafters. Apparently, Catra had fallen asleep in real time, too.

Last edited:
Zara seethed with fury her muscles very defined as she continued to swing her weapons the scepter crushing and breaking the sword cutting and stabbing. Perhaps the game was finally getting to her or maybe this was just her feral instincts finally allowed to be set loose either way it took her a bit to calm down. When she finally did she would find herself in a circle of bodies with her own covered in hundreds of scratches, cuts, and new bruises not to mention lots of pixelized blood. She hissed and spat on the floor before she slumped onto the ground with her back to the wall and eyes closed. It seems while her title was queen her class was barbarian and to crush the enemy was her justification. Out of all her friends, it would seem she was the only one with a 6 by her name now and her new health and abilities would reflect that. "I would like something to drink, please. That was an intense fight and I'm tired."

KC had run out of arrows near the end of the fight so she got a little melee fighting in using her bow as a club. Which apparently since it was the bow of the goddess of the hunt made it very very sturdy. She managed to take a few out with it like that before the fight finally finished up. She smiled to herself at how well she had done as she helped the other lady tie up the main bad guy and then got to work collecting her arrows. For the most part, she was all right with just a few cuts where shrapnel or the occasional projectile had managed to strike her. JEr own level had gone up to a 5 and she had unlocked a passive skill apparently because of all the headshots, Eagle eye or some such nonsense which made her shots to weak points even stronger. Finally, after moving around the room for a double check she stopped in front of Polly and tilted her head before poking at the displayed name "Hmm so even the game agrees with us now." She giggled and poke Pollys cheek

"Angela McCoy" was right there. "I gotcha, Queenie. Here." She handed a long phial to her, full of a golden liquid. "It's tha' healin' potion Ah coul' make from our Greek goddess friend's hair. Sip. But drink the whole thing." She then said sternly, "Ya c'n have some water when ya finish that." She then proved she had Bones McCoy's grumpy but personable bedside manner, "Sip, Queen Zara. Sip." She hovered over her, humming to herself, a constant, "mmmhmm" escaping from her throat, as she watched the healing process. It would taste like chamomile tea and honey, and heal Zara completely. Angie would nod with her stoic face. "Good. Cindy. Water." She'd take the empty several ounce glass phial back to rinse it and put it back in her supply stash. "Y'all 'member yer doctor in yer huntin' an' gatherin'. Ah git all medicinal herbs and such. Ah gotta check on civilian NPCs now." She did just that, unable to do anything for any with zero hit points. She was treating the lady hit by the flying door, who was down to five. She'd be brought back from the brink. "How fair is that? NPCs had a hundirt hit points! We dint start with that many! Even Zara and Artemis dint start wit' no hundirt!" She then cussed, southern style, under her breath.

Everyone with level three or higher, did have at least 30hp. Goldie, herself, had 20. Zara would have more than 60 despite only being level 6. It seemed that the first five levels, once you reached it, was 10hp higher than the level before. Six and up was on a different scale. Cassandra and Artemis were sitting pretty with 50 hp max, each.

Cinderella jumped up from her searching position. "Water. Right away, Doctor McCoy." She saw her cook pop his head out of the kitchen. "Make some sandwiches from the leftovers back there. Deliver them to our friends." She looked up at Catnip sleeping in the rafters. "Some meat for our leopard friend. Maybe the smell of barbecued pork will rouse her. Not the wild boar, Cookie, a domestic pig." She clarified, before coming to and giving Zara the water. "Here, my queen."

Jennifer stopped Cinderella. "If you're going on the adventure, we can take care of The broken Glass Slipper and get it fixed back up and running." Jonathan nodded behind her.

"Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Hart. That's extremely kind of you to offer." Cinderella sounded relieved, the inn would be in good hands after all.

Polly meanwhile, just smirked, "Just remember, Diana, that also says Leader, my Venus." she teased, using the Roman names for both KCs character and Aphrodite. She was purposely doing it to tease, showing a rare side of the Polly persona. Of course KC COULD always tease right back, throwing her weight around as well. She outclassed the princess, even if she was "Leia", just by being a goddess.

Igthorne just rolled his eyes and grumbled at the princess flirting with the Greek goddess.

Last edited:
Zara glanced down at Angie and the vial she was holding up "Not what I meant and besides I'm fine go give that to someone else." She nodded off to one of the other girls but the persistent doctor wasn't going anywhere so after a moment she sighed and took the glass. She was about to down it all when she was hissed at to sip it and so she did drinking the damn thing down slowly but surely until finally she finished it and passed it back to her. "There happy now go bother someone else." She huffed and shook her head before flopping into a stool that had somehow survived the battle and now Zara's weight. It was then Cinderella brought her a glass of water and she glare up at her before taking it and drinking that down in one gulp "Now please I am a weary adventurer and I would like some meade or ale"

KC continued to take her time as she moved through the room picking up her expended arrows, at leas the ones not broken as well as any pocket change that might have fallen from an enemy. At her girlfriends words she looked up and shook her head "Greek is always better beautiful." She smiled and shot her a wink before tapping something in the air "agápi mou" She smiled revealing that one she knew greek or some of it and two that the button she had hit was the godly voice perk. If used in combat it would allow her to control an enemy for a moment forcing them to kneel or something like that, in this moment it simply sent goosebumps and a powerful aura rushing down her girlfriends body showing her who truly had the power at the moment

Translation=My Love

Cinderella nodded. "Goldie? Is there an unbroken stein or bottle of ale back there behind the counter?"

Goldie looked at the broken glass behind her and then to Cinderella. "You're kidding, Cindy, right? Look at this..." At that moment the chandelier tore loose because of the heavy load and came crashing down right on top of Goldie's holographic image, sending sawdust everywhere.

When the chandelier came crashing down, Cinderella laughed nervously at Zara with a, "W-working on th-that, um... Ale or meade, my queen."

Soon, Goldie's image was visible again and she finished her sentence. "Ah. Mess."

It was about this time, Artemis sent shivers through Cassandra's body from her words. Cassandra panted and gave another shiver before quipping, "My goddess, you send me! Yes ma'am! Love you, too!"

Angie was right there at Goldie's image after the dust settled, with Goldie standing right where the chandelier fell. "Blast. That's right. Nothing in the inn can hurt ya. Yer a hologram." She huffed sticking her hand through Goldie.

"Think, Doctor. I wouldn't have stayed in this spot with the chandelier as precarious as it was if I was. I only have 20 hit points! If a door hitting an NPC took 95, what do you think all that weight would have done? Huh? I would have been all over the floor and no hp left, that's what." Goldie was most displeased.

'Cookie' passed around sandwiches as Cinderella went in search for an unbroken bottle of ale, or stein to pour some meade from the tap, while Catnip continued to catnap, not even budging after the loud crash in the bar area purring all the while. The main reason when looking at her stats, was her energy level was at 20%, although her hit points were 32/40... So why hadn't Catra complained to anyone about not being able to move her character? Was she real life asleep or something?

Meanwhile, with the Harts' help, Cinderella finally found a case (24) of unopened ale. Quickly she handed Zara a bottle and offered one to those of age. Or at least the character was of age.

Angie thanked her before asking suspiciously and stereotypically, "Wait a minnit, inn-keep. This ain't Romulan Ale izzit? That stuff's illegal ya know."

Cinderella shook her head. "No doctor, it's..." She looked at the crate's printing. "Sweet summer ale." She shrugged. "Must be new." She commented.

Last edited:
Zara rolled her eyes as she moved the stool closer to one of the walls and leaned back so she could rest against the wall while watching the others. Her energy was quite low at the moment as well but for the most part, she was doing fine and simply needed to sit for a moment or two. She didn't even flinch when the chandelier dropped and the cloud of dust formed although she did take a moment to look around the inn. And while it was still in one piece it was definitely going to need some TLC eventually. Zara smiled as she was finally handled a bottle making sure to snag a second and set it beside her before she began to drink "Ahh that's much better thank ya darling." She raised a brow at the "doc" of the group "Why in the hell would they have spaceman ale in a fantasy tavern?"

KC smiled enjoying the flutter she got from her girlfriend as those words rolled over her "Mmm goddess hmm I'm really gonna have to remember that one hehe." She smiled and glanced towards Angie "That goes for you as well kaftó prágma" She licked her lips letting the power roll through those words as well before she finally took a seat. She would happily take her time working on her arrows making sure they were still in good condition as she sipped on one of the ales. "So then we still have the lord of this circus troop do we want to get some answers from him or just toss him off a cliff?"

Translation=Hot Stuff

Back
Top Bottom