Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood, Sweat and Tears (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"There's no need," she said gently, eyes hidden under the hood but he could feel her staring, "it's what I wanted when I was here studying."

She chuckled, "We all had to start somewhere." She said, "As wonderful and powerful as I am," she gave an amused scoff, "I couldn't understand half of the things I know now."

She hummed, "I've read of quite a few Nord mages, but you are quite sweet." She said before tapping the conjuring book in front of him, "Let's begin."

When his morning lessons ended everyday, he would go to the Archmage quarters and study more on conjuring, her explaining to him how it was more like channeling the plane of Oblivion in the mortal realm than anything else. "You make Oblivion your own," she said, "and use its power as an extension of yours. For instance," she rose her hand and with a simple flick, a bound sword appeared in her palm, not even looking away from him, "this bound sword, were it in the hands of an apprentice, such as you, would do no more than perhaps cut bread or cheese. That is not to say you are weak, merely untrained." She turned toward the thick dead tree in her garden and cut it in half as easily as she would were she wielding a woodcutter's axe. She turned back and the sword disappeared, "Once we further your studies, you will be able to do much similar acts with far fewer spells."

She gave a smile, rows of pointed teeth glimmering, "Hardly. Now, what are your thoughts on necromancy?"

"Incredibly. However, within the confines of the College, it's perfectly fine. Conjuration also involves necromancy, and while you don't have to use it, parts of it are quite beneficial." She said.

His lessons with her continued along with his regular studies, and he seemed to slowly be getting it. When he moved to her quarters one day to continue, he saw she was packing a bag. "Ah, Tyr, good," she didn't look up from what she was doing, "go pack for an expedition, roughly a few days worth. I found an old Nord ruin we can delve into to study."

When he left to reunite with her at her quarters, she was already outside in the courtyard waiting. She gave nary a shiver as her head inclined toward him when he approached, "Ready? You have ample potions stocked?"

Back
Top Bottom