Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood, Sweat and Tears (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
Tyr had left everything he knew behind in Whiterun to become a mage. As a Nord, he was already pre-assigned to be a warrior, as was his father and his father before him. But Tyr had no interest in such things, as he was born under the sign of The Apprentice. His father tried to use that to set him up as a skilled fighter, training him in battle with axes and swords, as an apprentice could mean just about anything. But Tyr could hardly keep focus with the weapons, always being knocked down from spacing out or losing interest in general. It upset him that his father didn’t want him to follow what the Gods wanted of him, and it annoyed his father that he couldn’t pick up any weapon without being a dullard with it.
When Tyr became a man, he packed all that seemed important and grabbed the money that he needed to travel to Winterhold, and told his parents that he was setting out for the College. His mother only showed support in his decision, wanting him to follow whatever plans the Divines had for him. His father, however, had the opposite reaction; he told Tyr that he was no longer allowed back as a member of the household if he were to leave.
“It’s my right to discover my destiny.” Tyr had argued.
“And it is my right as the head of the house to keep you from further shaming our family.” His father had replied. Disgusted, Tyr bade his mother farewell and left his childhood home to make a life for himself. The carriage ride to Winterhold was long and grueling, he was glad he was built for the cold, or the harsh climate change of Winterhold would have done him in.

His first impression of Winterhold was that of.. slight disappointment. There were some ruins in the town, and the whole place seemed oddly cold, not just for the weather. But, there was the College. Shimmering almost, gorgeous and omenous all in one.

The town was in shambles, almost literally. There were destroyed houses and the cliffside was in crumbles. But the College stood stalwart, despite missing some parts. He walked across the broken bridge to the College and entered the gate, looking around at the courtyard.
"Ah, you must be a new student!" An old man came walking up from one of the side doors, a smile on his face, "I am Tolfdir, one of the teachers here at the College."

"I am Tyr, and yes, I wish to enter and enroll in the college." He said, smiling in return.

He chuckled softly and nodded, "Well, is there a specific school you were looking into? Come, come, I'll show you around." He said before moving across the courtyard to another door.

"I want to focus on destruction and illusion.." he said, looking over every inch of the college.

Tolfdir gave a knowing sound, nodding his head as he showed Tyr the student quarters. They passed by a room that was remarkably untouched before Tolfdir stopped at the room beside it, "This will be your room, my boy. Do with it as you please. As for Destruction and Illusion magic, our Scholars Faralda and Drevis Neloren are sure to help you respectively. I will be your defense teacher, and I hold sessions in morning classes with the other students."

"Of course. It's nice to have another eager young Nord longing to learn the ways of the Etherius." He smiled before waving for Tyr to follow, "We will go to the Arcanaeum next, where there are many a book in which to study from. If you're lucky, you will catch our elusive Archmage hiding there."

They moved to a stairwell across the way and went up, Tolfdir opening the door to allow Tyr in first. When he stepped in, he was greeted immediately by book shelves filled wall to ceiling with books. There was an Orc sat at a desk in the far end of the room, and he regarded Tolfdir with a nod. "New blood?" He asked gruffly. Tolfdir nodded, smile never wavering.
"Oh, yes. Just enrolled today."

The Orc did not take his hand, only stared at it before looking up at him. Tolfdir chuckled softly and pat Tyr's shoulder.
"Don't take it personally, he's like this with everyone, even with our Archmage."
"Urag gro-Shub," the Orc introduced gruffly, "I would ask that you show these books the same respect you would show to anyone of a higher standing. Otherwise, you'll be on the losing end of an argument with a Storm Atronach."

Urag nodded before giving him a once over, "A Nord. Let me guess; you wish to learn how to over power your enemies to crush them easier?"

"Incredibly." Urag stated, "But new blood are always easy to read."
"There is still much to see, my boy. You can return another time." Tolfdir said amusedly.

They moved into the Hall of Elements, which was the central area of the College, and Tolfdir smiled as he saw the other students practicing. "This is where most of the classes will be held, as well as you will be able to practice and hone your spells." He told him, "We are very happy to have you here with us."

"I am very happy to be here, Master Tolfdir." He said, smiling as he looked around the large area.

There was a Breton and a Khajiit, as well as a Dunmer practicing spells in the Hall.
"I'm glad to hear it. You may have the day to yourself, but tomorrow at first light we will start your lessons."

It was incredible, all of it. He couldn't wait to start his lessons tomorrow morning. And this elusive Archmage? He hoped he would meet them soon.

He was still wandering around for a while before he moved back to settle his things in his bunk.

The eating area was constantly stocked so the students could eat when they wanted; the table piled with meats he would only be able to find in the wilds, and cheese freshly churned from the barrel. It was amazing, far better than his father ever led him to believe. In the morning, Tolfidr had all the students brought into the Hall of Elements to teach them about wards and how to properly use them.

Back
Top Bottom