Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood, Sweat and Tears (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"Very good, Tyr. Now, I want you all to read and study the book Reality and Other Falsehoods, and then return to me what you learned in the morning." He said. This gave Tyr a few hours before his lessons with Faralda would begin, and then tomorrow would be with Drevis. This was all still so fantastical to him; to be in the presence of such great mages was beyond his wildest dreams.

Things for Tyr were going well, very surprisingly well. Wards were easy, almost too easy. The challenges came in restoration and conjuration.

Tolfdir grew a little concerned that conjuring didn't didn't come to him as easily; Phinis was an excellent teacher, but Tyr couldn't quite wrap his head around it. Maybe he would benefit from learning from the Archmage? As Tyr stood on the roof practicing his conjuring, Tolfdir approached him.
"Tyr, my boy, I've noticed you've been struggling a bit with the conjuration school."

"Phinis is a wonderful teacher, but I think there is only so much you could learn from him." He said, "I think it would be best if you went to the Archmage."

He nodded, "The Archmage is a master of conjuration, and you may learn a bit more destruction as well."

He shook his head, "Not at all, my boy! Come, I'll take you to the Archmage quarters." He said before beckoning him to follow.

They passed through the door leading to the roof and Tolfdir walked down the first set of stairs before knocking on a door to announce himself before pushing it open. "Archmage?" He called. The Archmage's quarters were... incredible. The middle of the room was a garden filled with different alchemical plants, surrounded by book shelves, the room behind the shelf walls holding weapon racks and display cases, a master enchanting table and a large alchemy table.

He was in awe at all of it, the high ceilings, the collections of tomes, all of it put everything he had to shame, but he loved seeing it.

There was suddenly the sound of something scraping against the stone and he saw Tolfdir smile before movement caught his eye. An Argonian stepped out from behind the far wall, wearing a set of heavy armor he hadn't seen before, large curved talons tapping against the floor from altered heavy boots. She was rather curvy for a lizard, with large breasts and hips to match. It was hard not to stare. But, despite that, his attention was quickly brought to the Dragon Priest mask resting along the bridge of her muzzle, the hood hiding her eyes.
"Tolfdir," her voice was rough like an Argonian's ought to be, but still tender like a fresh faced maiden, "who is this you have brought to me?"

She waved her hand, "Don't bow, I'll feel old." She told him gently, "Has he done wrong?"
"No, Archmage! He's struggling to grasp his conjuration studies, and I felt no better teacher would be you!" Tolfdir said. She hummed and moved closer.
"What schools are your major, Tyr?"

She hummed, "No wonder you're struggling...one cannot simply move from Aetherius to Oblivion and back without a few snags." She said, "And your birthsign?"

She gave another, louder hum of understanding, "I see, I understand. Perhaps I can be of some help to you." She said before turning to move to her books, her long pale pink tail dragging behind her.

"I will inform Phinis that you have become my apprentice from this point." She said before giving an amused chuckle, "I have tomes for you to read and I will guide you in a better understanding of Oblivion to make summoning a bit easier."

"Congratulations, my boy. Never has there been a higher honor." Tolfdir smiled.
"We'll start right now," she said as she moved back over with some books, "Thank you for bringing him to me, Tolfdir."
"Of course! Best of luck!" He said before leaving.

Back
Top Bottom