Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unlikely Heroines [M&M3e] (OOC Chatter) (Miss Eleanora, Evendur, Penny, Ahlanna, Corinthi, Ironuyh, The Harbinger)

Campaign Information
Welcome to Freedom City, brave heroines!

This campaign will be taking place in the Freedom City setting. Here is some information about the city:

Freedom City Visitor's Guide - LINK

Your characters are students at Freedom College. Founded in 1799, the college was once the equal of any Ivy League school, though it has not withstood the test of time especially well in that regard. Known these days as more of a party or sports school, there have been some recent efforts to improve its academic programs. Generous financial donors have provided the funding to help the school carve out some top-notch programs in a few specific fields.

Recent News of Note

Over the last three months, a villain named Wildcard has taken credit for three attacks in three different cities across the country. Known for his signature "Chance-Themed" escapades against heroes, these recent activities have seemed very out of character for him. On all three occasions, seemingly random women were attacked and injected with some form of serum. All of the victims transformed in strange ways and went on rampages before being captured by the Sentinels in Emerald City, AEGIS Agents in Miami, and the hero Gatekeeper in San Francisco.

The camera turns to the familiar face of Charles Maxfield, long-time Anchorman for Channel 5 news. He takes a moment to adjust his signature grey tie, worn over a black Oxford shirt.

"And, in Miami, the last of the so-called Draw Cards, Cara Adams, was apprehended today. Thanks to tips from concerned citizens, the former WNBA player was cornered in the suburban community of Coral Gables," he says and then pauses for a moment.

The image on the screen changes, showing security footage from a Starbucks cafe. A woman in jogging attire suddenly pushes past the customers in line to enter the store. She opens her mouth, screaming, and a blast of energy shoots from between her lips. People are knocked aside and it smashes a line of wreckage through the beverage counter before the camera is destroyed.

"Like all of those who have fallen victim to Wildcard's despicable serum," Charles continues when the footage returns to him, "Miss Adams became a savage and feral version of herself, but also a powerful one. Friends and family alike report that she was a kind and generous woman. They cannot imagine her attacking innocent people."

"AEGIS Agents were able to arrive on the scene and capture her, though not without cost. Three operatives are reported to be in critical condition, though stable. Miss Adams is being taken to Buckner Ridge Penitentiary for containment."

Adams Arrest.png

Starting Locations

There will be two starting locations for the campaign. Each player can choose where their character will be, with the only restriction that there can be a maximum of four characters in either place. The locations are:

1. Applebuddy's Restaurant. LINK to Join Thread

Yes, it's a blatant ripoff of Applebee's. Yes, typically, the food it serves was recently in a freezer. Yes, the staff can play a little fast and loose with health regulations. It is still a favorite hangout for Freedom College students, in part because of its substantial discount for students and in part because of its lax policy regarding the serving of alcohol.

When it isn't closed down as the result of a health inspection or underage drinking sting operation, the vaguely run-down restaurant is usually pretty busy. This evening, the place is a little slower than usual. There is an event over at Freedom City University that seems to have drawn away some of the regulars.

You are welcome to come up with whatever explanation you would like for why your character is here, and to roleplay your arrival to the restaurant (along with any other typical restaurant guests/employees that would make sense).

2. Freedom College Gymnasium - LINK to Join Thread

The athletic programs at Freedom College are pretty successful. For a basketball game, the gym would be packed to the rafters with cheering fans. For this event, however, a much smaller turnout is expected.

The Student Government Association is hosting a debate regarding the legal and moral question of government-mandated vaccination. City Councilwoman Lila Simmons, Democrat is scheduled to attend and debate State Representative Darren Collins, Republican, on the issue.

At the time we begin, neither speaker has arrived, though you are welcome to engage with (or be) student representatives from the Student Government Association. Alternatively, you could be at the gymnasium for entirely unrelated reasons of your own, like using the workout facilities or practicing on the court until the debate begins.

Attachments

• Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I adore how badass Kayla and Becca are. As opposed to Lily and Gina who’re very much, ‘Oh fuck. Don’t hurt us.’

Kaylee has little choice. There isn't an obvious escape route at the back set of bleachers. And the archer is both the least physically imposing target and the one most likely to be able to stop anyone from fleeing.

And besides, they opened with doing violence to the councilwoman, who wasn't fighting, so it's not like surrender is a obviously safe option.

Sorry the comment there was in regards to the roll of 6 from earlier, This 11 is her toughness roll. She takes the hit and suffers the effects.
I assumed that, but I'd say unfortunately for her, that her toughness would be much lower at this point before receiving her powers. We could go with a Stamina of 2 based on her backstory, which would put her Toughness there as well. So that would mean 3 degrees of failure on the Toughness Check. That would mean she's Staggered, which gives her:

1. A hit (or bruise) = -1 on future Resistance checks against Damage
2. Dazed = Limited to Free Actions and one Standard Action each round
3. Hindered = Move at half movement speed if you use that Standard Action to move

Pretty rough shape! But, like you said, you are definitely not supposed to be good yet. And she's still standing after a hit from a villain!

Note: Once per conflict, you can use your Standard Action to Recover, which would get rid of the top problem (Hindered in this case) and just leave you Dazed and Bruised.

Let me know if that all makes sense!

Oof! Haha, yeah, he may end up winning this round, but wait until I track you down with my own pipe, attached to the firing chamber of a Glock and a police officer.

I adore how badass Kayla and Becca are. As opposed to Lily and Gina who’re very much, ‘Oh fuck. Don’t hurt us.’
I know! That's what I was talking about earlier, with how each character is already a character. It's making this a blast.

Kaylee has little choice. There isn't an obvious escape route at the back set of bleachers. And the archer is both the least physically imposing target and the one most likely to be able to stop anyone from fleeing.

And besides, they opened with doing violence to the councilwoman, who wasn't fighting, so it's not like surrender is a obviously safe option.
And she even succeeded a little! First blood dealt to the villains.

I may be a bit late, popped my post in, trying to take the turn to taunt or recover. Taunt if it requires an action, otherwise, the words fall out and the action is recovery.

Sticking it here in the chat, feel free to plug it in when the time comes up. Just trying to keep the flow of things moving. I like an active thread.

Becca's eyes got big as this huge fool, instead of fighting with any grace, swings that electric mace. With a quick step back, not fast enough, she took the strike hard right between the breasts. "Oof," She hit the ground, hard. This should have knocked the breath out of her, yet she had already lost her breath, this stung in a whole new fashion. The slight wisp of smoke from the electrical burn coupled with the blurring of her vision from the blow itself, put everything in a haze of pain. She rolled, but could only come up to her hands and knees and this was slow moving. Coughing, she tries to get a breath to fill her lungs. Coughing and gasping, she sports a huge smile as she looks up into his face, "Whew, thought I was up against a super or something. You just like to go half naked and beat women like any other pedophile." Her words are little more than a gasp, but the taunt is clearly there.

Good morning!

In the Gymnasium, with Lily out, we are back to Becca. Let me know if you want to use the same taunt attack from before!

At Applebuddy's, it is Addison's turn to act.

Good morning!

In the Gymnasium, with Lily out, we are back to Becca. Let me know if you want to use the same taunt attack from before!

At Applebuddy's, it is Addison's turn to act.

Just curious, what part of that image in the restauarant is NSFW? Is it Ayla getting throat penetrated? Lol

So if Kaylee gets exactly 15 (13 + 2 agi, right?) on dodge check, what does that mean? Take a bruise?

Just curious, what part of that image in the restauarant is NSFW? Is it Ayla getting throat penetrated? Lol
haha! Yes, that was my thought. Needles show up often enough on people's limits that I thought I should have a little warning attached. ;)

So if Kaylee gets exactly 15 (13 + 2 agi, right?) on dodge check, what does that mean? Take a bruise?
A 15 means that you reaches the difficulty class, so you succeed and avoid the grappling tendrils entirely.

Would you like me to roll Gina's resistance check now, or when her turn in the initiative order comes up?

If Kaylee wanted to run through the door as if fleeing, then hide behind one of the cars, could that be done in one turn?

Back
Top Bottom