Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unlikely Heroines [M&M3e] (OOC Chatter) (Miss Eleanora, Evendur, Penny, Ahlanna, Corinthi, Ironuyh, The Harbinger)

Campaign Information
Welcome to Freedom City, brave heroines!

This campaign will be taking place in the Freedom City setting. Here is some information about the city:

Freedom City Visitor's Guide - LINK

Your characters are students at Freedom College. Founded in 1799, the college was once the equal of any Ivy League school, though it has not withstood the test of time especially well in that regard. Known these days as more of a party or sports school, there have been some recent efforts to improve its academic programs. Generous financial donors have provided the funding to help the school carve out some top-notch programs in a few specific fields.

Recent News of Note

Over the last three months, a villain named Wildcard has taken credit for three attacks in three different cities across the country. Known for his signature "Chance-Themed" escapades against heroes, these recent activities have seemed very out of character for him. On all three occasions, seemingly random women were attacked and injected with some form of serum. All of the victims transformed in strange ways and went on rampages before being captured by the Sentinels in Emerald City, AEGIS Agents in Miami, and the hero Gatekeeper in San Francisco.

The camera turns to the familiar face of Charles Maxfield, long-time Anchorman for Channel 5 news. He takes a moment to adjust his signature grey tie, worn over a black Oxford shirt.

"And, in Miami, the last of the so-called Draw Cards, Cara Adams, was apprehended today. Thanks to tips from concerned citizens, the former WNBA player was cornered in the suburban community of Coral Gables," he says and then pauses for a moment.

The image on the screen changes, showing security footage from a Starbucks cafe. A woman in jogging attire suddenly pushes past the customers in line to enter the store. She opens her mouth, screaming, and a blast of energy shoots from between her lips. People are knocked aside and it smashes a line of wreckage through the beverage counter before the camera is destroyed.

"Like all of those who have fallen victim to Wildcard's despicable serum," Charles continues when the footage returns to him, "Miss Adams became a savage and feral version of herself, but also a powerful one. Friends and family alike report that she was a kind and generous woman. They cannot imagine her attacking innocent people."

"AEGIS Agents were able to arrive on the scene and capture her, though not without cost. Three operatives are reported to be in critical condition, though stable. Miss Adams is being taken to Buckner Ridge Penitentiary for containment."

Adams Arrest.png

Starting Locations

There will be two starting locations for the campaign. Each player can choose where their character will be, with the only restriction that there can be a maximum of four characters in either place. The locations are:

1. Applebuddy's Restaurant. LINK to Join Thread

Yes, it's a blatant ripoff of Applebee's. Yes, typically, the food it serves was recently in a freezer. Yes, the staff can play a little fast and loose with health regulations. It is still a favorite hangout for Freedom College students, in part because of its substantial discount for students and in part because of its lax policy regarding the serving of alcohol.

When it isn't closed down as the result of a health inspection or underage drinking sting operation, the vaguely run-down restaurant is usually pretty busy. This evening, the place is a little slower than usual. There is an event over at Freedom City University that seems to have drawn away some of the regulars.

You are welcome to come up with whatever explanation you would like for why your character is here, and to roleplay your arrival to the restaurant (along with any other typical restaurant guests/employees that would make sense).

2. Freedom College Gymnasium - LINK to Join Thread

The athletic programs at Freedom College are pretty successful. For a basketball game, the gym would be packed to the rafters with cheering fans. For this event, however, a much smaller turnout is expected.

The Student Government Association is hosting a debate regarding the legal and moral question of government-mandated vaccination. City Councilwoman Lila Simmons, Democrat is scheduled to attend and debate State Representative Darren Collins, Republican, on the issue.

At the time we begin, neither speaker has arrived, though you are welcome to engage with (or be) student representatives from the Student Government Association. Alternatively, you could be at the gymnasium for entirely unrelated reasons of your own, like using the workout facilities or practicing on the court until the debate begins.

Attachments

• Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
‘Super911’ just seems like something that would logically exist in a world with supers and smartphones.

@experimenter73
Oh, you're going to make me blush! :giggle:

One question: you said the smaller man had entered via the orange doors closest to the basketball hoops. However, western hoops seem to be equidistant from both sets of orange doors. Did the smaller man enter from the northern or southern doors?

@The Harbinger
Just a clarification: Gina didn't actually call Kaylee out. That was a misdirection. She was just imagining herself doing so.

@Corinthi
Another clarification: it was Becca that called the attackers out, not Gina.

@experimenter73
Oh, you're going to make me blush! :giggle:

One question: you said the smaller man had entered via the orange doors closest to the basketball hoops. However, western hoops seem to be equidistant from both sets of orange doors. Did the smaller man enter from the northern or southern doors?

@The Harbinger
Just a clarification: Gina didn't actually call Kaylee out. That was a misdirection. She was just imagining herself doing so.

@Corinthi
Another clarification: it was Becca that called the attackers out, not Gina.
The smaller man came from the southern door.

And yes, Super911 would have to be a thing.

Ok, adjusted for clarification, thank you for your reminders. I remembered your post, but did not remember your clarification at the end of the post. Sorry. I don't think this changes things, except that no one has dressed down Kaylee for her behavior, and now Becca is the one to bring attention to herself by getting mouthy with the adversaries.

@experimenter73 Now that things have become violent, can I respond?

Ok, adjusted for clarification, thank you for your reminders. I remembered your post, but did not remember your clarification at the end of the post. Sorry. I don't think this changes things, except that no one has dressed down Kaylee for her behavior, and now Becca is the one to bring attention to herself by getting mouthy with the adversaries.

@experimenter73 Now that things have become violent, can I respond?
Yes, you can definitely dive in with your delayed action at this point

Ok, posted, please take into account her thoughts. The chair is folded and over a shoulder, armor, meh, but isn't intended as such, it is truly a projectile waiting to happen. She isn't too worried about hitting her target, most people will have to flinch from a flyng chair, or deal with it, giving her time to close the distance. Moving targets also are harder to hit, and she is hoping for a general evacuation panic. If notihing else, she may offer enough distraction to allow another to get clear and get help. The app on her phone never comes to mind.

Not sure the limits of "two moves" are, but if Kaylee can, she slides to the edge of the bleachers, gets their attention, and then drops down with her action converted to move. I think that makes sense?

I don't know if I need a roll for anything.

Not sure the limits of "two moves" are, but if Kaylee can, she slides to the edge of the bleachers, gets their attention, and then drops down with her action converted to move. I think that makes sense?

I don't know if I need a roll for anything.
Yea, it makes total sense. I’m pretty flexible with it all in any case, and this is one that makes sense.

If its relevant to getting their attention, Kaylee has Very Attractive - and a much bigger stretch, Cool.

Good morning! Or good whatever time it is wherever you are... Here are the initiative orders for both locations (gym updated after Becca's delay):

Freedom City Gymnasium:

1. Lily @Corinthi. - Currently up!
2. Becca @The Harbinger
3. Mace Wielder
4. Kaylee @Ahlanna
5. Blowgun
6. Gina @Penny
7. Archer
8. Brute

Applebuddy's:

1. Ayla @Evendur - Currently up!
2. Bow tie
3. Addison @Miss Eleanora
4. Elaine @Ironuyh

Last ditch try to keep people safe, throw the prepared chair at the incoming arrow. Then falling on my face, or do you say I can't see the incoming arrow as I was watching for 'people' to block the door, not an attack from range.

Last ditch try to keep people safe, throw the prepared chair at the incoming arrow. Then falling on my face, or do you say I can't see the incoming arrow as I was watching for 'people' to block the door, not an attack from range.
I'll leave that up to you, actually. I was working under the assumption that Becca would be focused on the exit and not see it coming, but she certainly could have. If you think she'd have had her head more 'on a swivel' and see the attack coming, you can use the chair as a "Defend" action. That lets you roll a d20 to determine your dodge level instead of taking the standard 10 added to your Dodge score. If you roll a ten or less, you add 10 to the result, giving you a minimum of 11.

If you go that way, roll it and then you can detemine whether the arrow hit or missed based on your new dodge score.

If it still hits, or if you don't go that way, roll for your dodge for the arrow's effect and I'll let you know what happens.

Oops, sorry. The "knockout" power does not effect Becca.... just all of the other NPC's in the room except for the Knights of the Hunt.

So the chair does its one job and takes the arrow, and Becca will still be in action this round!

Please, class has started. I teach. Won’t be available for another six hours. Yes, she will delay to get in the way. Becca mother hen’s.

Back
Top Bottom