Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unlikely Heroines [M&M3e] (OOC Chatter) (Miss Eleanora, Evendur, Penny, Ahlanna, Corinthi, Ironuyh, The Harbinger)

Campaign Information
Welcome to Freedom City, brave heroines!

This campaign will be taking place in the Freedom City setting. Here is some information about the city:

Freedom City Visitor's Guide - LINK

Your characters are students at Freedom College. Founded in 1799, the college was once the equal of any Ivy League school, though it has not withstood the test of time especially well in that regard. Known these days as more of a party or sports school, there have been some recent efforts to improve its academic programs. Generous financial donors have provided the funding to help the school carve out some top-notch programs in a few specific fields.

Recent News of Note

Over the last three months, a villain named Wildcard has taken credit for three attacks in three different cities across the country. Known for his signature "Chance-Themed" escapades against heroes, these recent activities have seemed very out of character for him. On all three occasions, seemingly random women were attacked and injected with some form of serum. All of the victims transformed in strange ways and went on rampages before being captured by the Sentinels in Emerald City, AEGIS Agents in Miami, and the hero Gatekeeper in San Francisco.

The camera turns to the familiar face of Charles Maxfield, long-time Anchorman for Channel 5 news. He takes a moment to adjust his signature grey tie, worn over a black Oxford shirt.

"And, in Miami, the last of the so-called Draw Cards, Cara Adams, was apprehended today. Thanks to tips from concerned citizens, the former WNBA player was cornered in the suburban community of Coral Gables," he says and then pauses for a moment.

The image on the screen changes, showing security footage from a Starbucks cafe. A woman in jogging attire suddenly pushes past the customers in line to enter the store. She opens her mouth, screaming, and a blast of energy shoots from between her lips. People are knocked aside and it smashes a line of wreckage through the beverage counter before the camera is destroyed.

"Like all of those who have fallen victim to Wildcard's despicable serum," Charles continues when the footage returns to him, "Miss Adams became a savage and feral version of herself, but also a powerful one. Friends and family alike report that she was a kind and generous woman. They cannot imagine her attacking innocent people."

"AEGIS Agents were able to arrive on the scene and capture her, though not without cost. Three operatives are reported to be in critical condition, though stable. Miss Adams is being taken to Buckner Ridge Penitentiary for containment."

Adams Arrest.png

Starting Locations

There will be two starting locations for the campaign. Each player can choose where their character will be, with the only restriction that there can be a maximum of four characters in either place. The locations are:

1. Applebuddy's Restaurant. LINK to Join Thread

Yes, it's a blatant ripoff of Applebee's. Yes, typically, the food it serves was recently in a freezer. Yes, the staff can play a little fast and loose with health regulations. It is still a favorite hangout for Freedom College students, in part because of its substantial discount for students and in part because of its lax policy regarding the serving of alcohol.

When it isn't closed down as the result of a health inspection or underage drinking sting operation, the vaguely run-down restaurant is usually pretty busy. This evening, the place is a little slower than usual. There is an event over at Freedom City University that seems to have drawn away some of the regulars.

You are welcome to come up with whatever explanation you would like for why your character is here, and to roleplay your arrival to the restaurant (along with any other typical restaurant guests/employees that would make sense).

2. Freedom College Gymnasium - LINK to Join Thread

The athletic programs at Freedom College are pretty successful. For a basketball game, the gym would be packed to the rafters with cheering fans. For this event, however, a much smaller turnout is expected.

The Student Government Association is hosting a debate regarding the legal and moral question of government-mandated vaccination. City Councilwoman Lila Simmons, Democrat is scheduled to attend and debate State Representative Darren Collins, Republican, on the issue.

At the time we begin, neither speaker has arrived, though you are welcome to engage with (or be) student representatives from the Student Government Association. Alternatively, you could be at the gymnasium for entirely unrelated reasons of your own, like using the workout facilities or practicing on the court until the debate begins.

Attachments

• Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    Unlikely Heroines.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I am patient when there is a good story going. though I also understand that not everyone is. Don't rush because of me, but do what needs to be done to keep the players happy.

Yeah, given his DC was +5, probably PL 10, which is our full PL +3. Lol. So definitely outmached. Ayla is just hoping to stall long enough that the cops show up.

So if Kaylee gets an 8 vs a 16 on damage resistance check and already has the -1 degree, if I understand what happened with Becca that means:
- Two degree failure
- First: no move action
- Second: if using standard action as move, go at half speed

Is this correct?

Whee! Seems i get to join you. I'm very excited.

I need to reread, though. I'm confused about wether or not the heroines have any powers at all befroe the initial scene? it looked like there was a battle taking place to subdue them?

Whee! Seems i get to join you. I'm very excited.

I need to reread, though. I'm confused about wether or not the heroines have any powers at all befroe the initial scene? it looked like there was a battle taking place to subdue them?
The Applebuddy folks seem to be getting dosed right now. Totally-not-Wildcard is jabbing them.

The rest of us are getting hauled off for our treatments by some borderline supers, on behalf of Sinister Organization (tm).

I think i'm supposed to go ahead nd enter. I hope it's okay when I havent even begun to decide about my future power set yet!

I think that I can safely add one more heroine in to the 3-person Applebuddy's Restaurant team. If you can put together a character, post it in the OOC section when you get a chance, and then feel free to walk in to the restaurant scene and discover the crazy situation going on there.

Yeah, run in quick to get jabbed, and immediately regret going to your less-than-stellar, local Applebuddy's!

Good morning! I am just popping in to let you all know that I need to take about 1 week away. I am battling a recording project that is far more involved and difficult than I imagined it would be. The deadline is the 31st, so I will be back by then or shortly thereafter in any case!

I'm sorry to leave you all hanging for a little bit here just when we're getting to the good part!

This has been an object lesson in not voluntarily getting knocked out to help move along a story.

Back
Top Bottom