Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metal Gear: Reflection (Skieth and I)

Lazarus was significantly surprised by the gun pointed in it's face, the red eye flashing momentarily. Lazarus wanted to speak but found it difficult to do much of anything while caring an unconscious child. It had just saved her life and now Ferret believed that Lazarus was one of the enemy? Was the mission for it to function as a silent guardian again? When the other fled the room Lazarus moved to the doorway swiftly. "Wait!" It shouted after her. "She's not the only one who's nervous. I guess I didn't do a very good job of hiding my own emotions."

The ninja brought the unconscious child to another storage room along the way, gagging her gently so that she didn't make a racket. The ninja would return for the child before the mission was complete. For right now, it had to find Ferret and bring her back to her senses. The ninja activated it's stealth camouflage and hurried in the direction it had seen Ferret run in.

Ferret was in a weapons storage room, grabbing bricks of C4 in a pouch and attaching it to her side. Detonators were in separate pockets. There were also grenades, which she took without hesitation. As she walked out, she spotted the cargo elevator. It'd take her to the very bottom. That was where Rat would be. As she approached, she saw the floor indicator light up green. She pressed herself into a wall facing away from the door and watched over her shoulder, gun drawn.

The doors opened, and Calamity was there, Stinger up on her shoulder. "Ferret... You won't get past here. We know you escaped. I'm waiting... You can hide all you want. I'll just wait here... And when you do poke your face out, I'll finish you myself. We don't need the key combination anymore. Gruenewald cracked."

The ninja continued to rush down the hall way, HF blade drawn and at the ready. Silent and swift the cyborg began to quickly close the gap between itself and Ferret, or so it hoped. The lack of guards was surprising to the ninja, unless ofcourse they wanted Ferret to proceed further, god things were getting so complicated. The ninja slid to a stop when it's radar detected two figures in the room ahead. One was identified as Ferret and the other was identified as... What horrible timing. They didn't have time to deal with Calamity.

The ninja leapt into another conveniently placed vent and swiftly navigated through it to another entrance. It didn't need to surprise Ferret while she was so unstable and it definately didn't need to get shot at by Calamity again. The ninja willing deactivated it's stealth camouflage as it pressed up against a box near the middle of the room. If it could only get Calamity's attention it could by Ferret time. Atleast that was the plan. The ninja was still unaware of the fact that RAT was nearly operational.

Looking at the surrounding area, she found several stacks of crates, barrels, and other forms of easily knocked about visual cover. Calamity was a good eye, but there was so much clutter that the large woman would be using her ears more likely than her eyes. She was tall and muscular, dark skinned with fiery red hair. She was just about the height of the Amazonian idea, except that she still had both rather large breasts. Calaimity didn't need to use a bow. She just made things explode. The woman had a skin-tight black leather jumpsuit with no sleeves and short leggings, showing off the gun show, so to speak. Some of her friends could have joked that the Stinger was smaller than one of her arms.

Ferret slunk low to the ground, putting the pistol away. She started to slide up against the crates, until she found two that were spaced six inches apart. Give or take. Her body soon slipped inside, wriggling her way quietly into the large visual barrier between her and Calamity. Her body twisted and turned to slink through the boxes and barrels, sometimes twisting in ways that would have seemed a little improbable.

Lazarus looked over in Ferret's direction and noticed movement. Ferret was on the move and if the Ninja didn't act quickly Calamity might notice. Leaning back on the box again the ninja took a deep breath as it heard Calamity's breathing from just beyond it's hiding place. The ninja slipped to a crate a little closer to Ferret. The ninja's red eye flashed for a moment as it documented the current location of Ferret with it's sensors.

Ferret wanted nothing to do with Lazarus right now, and that was understandable. She was under a lot of pressure and very confused. If it wasn't for Lazarus' experience Lazarus might've been in the same boat. However, the ninja quickly deduced that it would be more beneficial to stay out of Ferret's field of vision and only interfere when the chips were down, otherwise Ferret might panic again.

Back
Top Bottom