Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metal Gear: Reflection (Skieth and I)

The ninja looked on in awe as Ferret struggled to patch up it's wounds. "You're wasting time!" The ninja tried to argue. Due to the damage suffered, the cyborg was incapable of using it's sonar or radar to detect whatever dangers there might be in the area. Not to mention the fact that the lack of communication from those troops would only mean that the HQ would be sending more.

When Lazarus realized there was no arguing with Ferret, it nodded in agreement. Forcing itself to try to stand, a long strenuous groan passed through the voice changer and into the room as the ninja struggled through the pain. One of it's hands gripped the hilt of it's HF Blade in an attempt to use it as leverage.

Ferret gripped the ninja around under the arms and helped to lift it up. It was really heavy, but she could manage. She walked, supporting the ninja with her own body. She dragged the thing down the hall and into an empty storage room. Gruenewald would be fine. They needed her still. The ninja needed as much help as it could get.

She set the ninja down among a few cardboard boxes full of oranges. It was a food supplies room apparently. Laying down the ninja, she looked over it and ran her hand over it's cheek. "Geeze... How do I fix you?"

The ninja dragged it's heavily damaged leg along as it limped down the hall, using Ferret's body as support. Entering the room the ninja nearly fell from the other due to it's own weight. In a voice heavily clouded due to the damaged cybernetic voice alteration the ninja spoke, "Gruenewald... Get Gruenewald and lock the door before more soldiers come." Gruenewald knew more about this "Metal Gear RAT" than anyone else, she was still vital to the mission.

The ninja forced itself to sit up and lean back against the boxes as a small groan left it's helmet. One of it's hands covered one of the remaining wounds that was still leaking the artificial blood. "We have to stop the flow of fluids then my nanomachines should be able to do the rest." Atleast that was what the ninja hoped. If any of the bullets were still inside of it then it would have to remove the armor and have the bullets removed manually and it wasn't interested in revealing it's identity.

"Gruenewald's safe. They won't kill her until RAT is fully operational. And without the RCC key, they won't be able to operate it properly." Ferret managed to remember to bring the gauze as well, as she started to cover the last wounds. She worked tenderly, but she had to make sure she wrapped each one tightly to limit the flow of fluid through the system. It was weird performing first aid on a robotic being. Come to think of it, who actually had the technology to build a fully articulated ninja out of machine parts?

"That's all of them." She looked down at the gauze, seeing so many wounds and so much bandaging. "It's in your hands now. I... I don't think I can do any more..." Ferret bit her lip. Why she was so attached to this ninja machine she had no idea. It wasn't because it had saved her. She would have taken the opportunity to run ordinarily, as everyone else had suggested.

The ninja nodded in agreement. "It will take time for my nanomachines to repair this much damage. Time you don't have to waste." It's arm remained draped across it's torso regardless of the fact that the wounds were bandaged and hopefully healing. "They won't wait for you to get there. You have to stop the Metal Gear. At this point, you're the only one who can." It leaned it's head back against the boxes but kept it's flickering red eye on Ferret.

"Keep safe." She leaned over and placed a kiss on the ninja's blinking red eye. "Get well soon."

She got up and as she was exiting the room, she found another one of those randomly placed black boxes of weapons. She eagerly opened it now. A semi-automatic pistol. Thank goodness. She loaded a clip and cocked the gun. "...Weirdest places..."

Ferret was almost reluctant to leave the room after picking up the weapon. Knowing the Ninja was there. It was right though. She'd wasted a lot of time. So she made her way down into the main building, finding the wide open door for tanks and all terrain vehicles to pass through. Quickly, she slipped through, aiming to head to the next block, a much larger hangar. It would most likely be where they were keeping RAT. A Metal Gear always needed a lof of space.

She'd reached a wide open area, covered in white snow. Only a few high mounds for her to hide behind. It'd be a tough sneak.

Although Lazarus was incapable of feeling the contact of Ferret's lips on it's helmet, it was able to see it through the flickering red eye. The ninja released a deep sigh as it leaned it's head back against the box behind it. "Don't do anything foolish, Ferret." It said quietly as it watched the girl leave. Silence soon followed as the ninja began to silently rest, hoping the nanomachines would take care of the rest.

The ninja didn't know whether it's voice was heard or not, but it didn't matter. It had helped Ferret avoid a dangerous situation and would hopefully be given the opportunity again soon. It knew the fight was far from over and that as soon as it recovered it would have to move into action again. Hopefully, Ferret would survive long enough for Lazarus and her to be reunited.

Ferret moved through the snow field, hugging the side of the roadway, trying to sneak as far as possible in the pure white. When she got to the other building, she had to wait for a vehicle to slip out from the gate. Lucky for her, they didn't see her huddled up against the wall, hugging it before turning the corner sharply.

When she got into the vehicle bay, she saw eight covered boxes, covered by tarps. As she crept by on the outside, they began to rattle. They each burst open, tossing pieces all over. Eight soldiers were there, their bodies hunched over, arms carrying knives, crowbars, and thick pipes. They lumbered slowly, heads hung low, red all over their uniforms. "Ferret..." A sickly voice seemed to come from everywhere. "You think we wouldn't know...?"

To the ninja's great astonishment the nanomachines seemed to be working much faster than expected. The lack of adrenaline and over exertion was giving the nanomachines more room to work and focus on just repairs. It was all going well, although in the eyes of the damaged cyborg, it wasn't moving fast enough. The sooner it was back in the fray the better.

Slowly it's systems and secondary functions began to return, including radar and sonar. This put some of the cyborg's worries at ease, seeing as it could no detect nearby enemies. With only a few minutes of repairs left, the only concern remaining was Ferret's safety and to protect her, the ninja would need all of its strength.

Ferret dashed past one of the soldier's, knife through it's throat, leaving all the others to stumble about and turn around. They were slow, clumsy. They weren't bleeding either. She cut them throughly. Getting tired, she took a knee and looked around.

"Hahhahaha...." The voice cackled. A woman in a dirty, shredded jumpsuit. She had a very slight body, and scraggly white hair down to her hips. Her hands were out to her sides, palms up, and filthy, looking more like claws than fingers. Her teeth shone bright white though, jagged. Pale skin. Sunken eyes. She was a real ghoul. "You're not going to be able to hold out much longer, Fer-"

"BANG!" A single red spot appeared between her eyes, stunning her silent. A small trickle of blood pouring out.

"Ferret... Don't tell me you'd though that shooting me would work... Hahaahahaha..."

"Damn..."

After a few moments past the Ninja rose to it's feet, HF Blade in hand. It was the focus of billions of dollars of cybernetic research, ofcourse all of it's features would be top of the line, that included it's nanomachines. Although naturally tired from the large amount of activity, it was physically brand new. Gripping the hilt of it's blade tightly it sheathed the blade before leaving the storage room.

"Where are you Ferret..." It whispered as it set it's tracker to locate her genetic code. "A hangar? Wait... Who are they?" The ninja questioned as it viewed other signatures on the radar. "Damn. Ferret I'm coming!" It hissed before sprinting down the corridors toward the hangar. With it's systems fully repaired the ninja soon vanished from sight as it's stealth systems reactivated, making the trip free of confrontations and protecting it from tripping any alarms.

The ninja cut across the snow covered roadway as if it were a vehicle itself, building up the momentum to launch itself to the second floor, entering through an automatic door. The glowing red eye shifted to see Ferret standing alone, standing off against... No... That only happened in horror movies. The ninja descended from the second floor and landed behind a parked truck, groaning lightly as it struggled to lift the massive vehicle.

"Colonel..." She groaned, dodging another zombie-soldier. She was tired. Ferret was waning in strength. The agent backed herself into a corner, trying to catch her breath, huddled up, pistol in one hand, knife in the other.

"Ferret... That's Necromancer... A Bobcat operative."

"N-no shit..." She had one eye closed, wincing. A pipe had gotten her in the side. Nothing was broken, but it had hurt. The zombie group was really somberly marching. Like the movies. It was messed up.

"Scary... Isn't it? Being powerless..." Necromancer smirked. As she neared too, Ferret saw a truck rising.

"What the... hell?!"

If there was every a commercial for the quality of cybernetic implants this would be it. A loud growl came from the ninja as it raised the truck above it's head, diverting power to the artificial muscles, thus deactivating the stealth systems. It could see that Ferret was in trouble and that fueled Lazarus' adrenaline with rage as it's feet slowly spread to accomodate the weight of the truck.

The ninja's arms and legs shook from the immense pressure of the truck being held by only the raw strength of the cybernetic attatchments. "She's not quite as powerless as you think, Necromancer!" The ninja's voice roared from across the room, thus revealing that the Ninja knew the names of two Bobcat operatives including Ferret and Necromancer. "Ferret! Move!" The ninja cried before flinging the truck at the crowd of... Zombies?

And Ferret did move. She was more than shocked to see the ninja operational again. But she was much more shocked to see a truck getting flung at her. It fell short, but it rolled sideways and skidded along the ground, trampling the zombie soldiers as Ferret dove out of the way barely in time. As she fell into a roll, she held her pistol out at Necromancer.

But she was gone.

Ferret got up, started checking the area. There was no sign of the ghoulish woman. She leaned up against the truck, catching her breath. The score seemed to be even now. She looked over her shoulder, some of the bodies having their flesh stripped form their bones. There were metallic pieces among the bones.

Lazarus stumbled a little before regaining it's balance, breathing heavily from the previous action. "I told you to be careful who you trusted. Now members of Bobcat are mixed in with the enemy." The ninja stated very matter-o-factly. "Keep your guard up she's bound to still be in the area." Lazarus slowly walked out into the center of the hangar.

Lazarus reached for the HF Blade located on it's back before unsheathing it quickly. It walked a little faster toward Ferret. "Listen if Bobcat agents are involved you'd better be careful what information you're sharing with the Colonel. You don't know who else could be involved." That was three Bobcat members that Lazarus was aware of. At this rate, she'd have disclosed an entire profile on the unit itself.

"I know..." Ferret sat down. She brought out a small pack of gum and started chewing on a piece. An idol of hers from when she was still green liked the same gum. "I retired from Bobcat a year and a half ago. Anybody I knew, outside the Colonel, died a short time later. The Colonel asked me to go on this last mission. And I understand why. RAT is dangerous. I can't leave it operational."

"The Colonel's safe though. Retired at the same time. Got back into the game six months after Bobcat was officially disbanded. Just the normal desk job. I guess two old soldiers like us can't stay out for long." She sighed and chewed the gum. Thing was, she wasn't that old. She'd only recently entered her thirties. But she was starting to feel old. So much had gone by, even in that small time she'd been retired.

Lazarus sighed quietly. It understood what it was like to lose those close to the heart. It had been convinced of Ferret's demise and was thoroughly surprised to find her still alive. "You still have your future ahead of you. As well as your freedom. Don't allow yourself to forfeit either." The Ninja took one last scan of the area before it was convinced they were alone.

Crossing it's arms across its chest the ninja turned to face the direction they would have to head in shortly. "You have a gift Ferret, not many people can do what you do. But you can't allow it to control your future."

"You seem really concerned about me." She added, pushing herself off the truck and to her feet proper. "Kind of sweet for a bullet magnet..." Ferret smirked a little. She couldn't help it. The ninja had really been a huge help here. Without... She may very well be dead right now.

((Bloody short... sorry))

((No worries))
The ninja cleared it's throat as it heard Ferret speak, turning away slightly. "Well... It is my mission to protect you." The ninja stated, only being half-honest. "At any rate, it would be unwise for us to linger. Necromancer escaped, which means they enemy is already aware of our presence here." Although what it said was based in fact, the ninja's words were more intended to derail the conversation and get it on a topic that wouldn't lead to the potential reaveal of it's identity.

"If we continue through this doorway..." The ninja stated as it pointed across the hangar to what looked like an elevator to take them to the lower levels of the facility, "We should be able to find our way to the next block and hopefully Metal Gear Rat." The ninja began slowly walking in the direction of the elevator.

"Right... let's go..." Ferret immediately set off to the elevator. They needed Rat taken care of immediately. As she got on the elevator with the ninja, she got a call from the Colonel.

"Ferret... Don't speak." Ferret gave no indication to the call coming through. "Can you really trust the ninja? It could have been a fabrication set up by Bobcat. You don't know who's in that squad anymore. Necromancer... you saw the 'zombies' that she sent after you... Mechanical on the inside. The Necromancer you saw was probably a machine too. Designed to flash away at a convenient point after the ninja gained your trust. That machine is NOT to be trusted. Get away from it as soon as possible! Finish the job you started near Gruenewald... Kill it!"

Ferret stood calmly, doing nothing. Still chewing gum. "Want a piece?" She asked.

The ninja, completely ignorant to the discussion that just took place durring codec turned to look at the woman at it's side. The ninja didn't speak at first and just tapped the side of it's helmet with two fingers. Indicating that removing the helmet was out of the question. The ninja approached the elevator and tapped the button to summon it to their floor. It glanced back at Ferret while it waited for the elevator. "If this elevator leads where my sources tell me, it should lead through the prison blocks, and below that, I'm not entirely sure." The ninja stated honestly before turning back to face the elevator.

"Right." She nodded as the ninja denied the gum. Her mentor and idol of her green year, probably would have called her an ass if she'd offered her gum while stuck with a helmet on. It was definitely an ass kind of move. She just wanted to know if the ninja had a sense of humor. Not so.

"Ferret! Do it now. The ninja can't be trusted."

"Prison huh..? Seems to be exactly where they'd want us." She sighed. They were aware of the two quite well by now. It was a definite team effort now. If the Colonel was right, then things were over already. But Ferret just had this feeling. The ninja could be trusted.

"Ferret! Kill her now!"

Wait... What?

The ninja could feel the tension in the air. Something was amiss. It wasn't sure what, but it had a bad feeling. It glanced over at Ferret for a moment, it could see a momentary change in demeanor. Something had changed, probably over codec. The cyborg chose to remain silent however and continued to act normally. It could hear the elevator's approach and eagerly awaited it's arrival. "The area will be heavily guarded. I hope you're prepared." After a moment of silence the elevator reached their floor. "No lifeforms detected inside." The ninja said plainly as the doors slid open.

"An automatic weapon would help..." She said rather plainly. Handgun drawn, she began to creep down the hall that opened up before them. Though she trusted the ninja, she didn't trust the sensors. Just because it said nobody was around, didn't mean she could throw caution to the wind.

There were empty cells on either side. Normal concrete with iron bars. The hinges were solid. They wouldn't be able to be jimmied open by normal force. as she walked down the hall, she fund the next automated door and approached it from the side, wanting to get close to hear if anyone was on the other side.

The ninja drew it's HF blade as it walked down the hall beside Ferret, being equally cautious and making full use of all of it's sensors, if anything even so much as moved the sonar would detect it. The ninja pressed up against the other side of the door from Ferret, careful not to make a sound in doing so. It was already a surprise that the first prison block wasn't secure. The ninja began to fear the worse. The enemies may have set an ambush up ahead.

Back
Top Bottom