Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya frowned at the news, avoiding meeting his gaze, or even looking at him entirely. “I’ve already said my goodbyes, won’t do any good to go to a formal event..”

“Was it something you wanted to attend?” Amaya asked, keeping her eyes cast down. That was right, he was able to leave the shrine and go where he pleased now, so long as Amaya went with him.

Amaya frowned softly, but nodded. “We can go then.” She said softly. “But don’t expect a good outcome when they see you’ve been unsealed from the temple..”

Amaya let out a nervous breath, but nodded. “Then we’ll go.” She decided. “But don’t get mad at me when you’re scolded.”

Amaya granted Sasuke’s request, taking him to where the funeral would be held, despite not wanting to go herself.

Amaya was glad to not have to go inside, not wanting to face any of her comrades at the Jujutsu school. She gave a nod, not wearing her school outfit, but regular street clothes. “Thanks, I’ll wait here for you.”

He nodded and moved to the door, pausing before he pushed it open. All eyes landed on him, some of shock and others of terror. He scowled lightly and stepped in, hiding behind his fan. He didn't like them looking at him like this, especially as he made his way toward Akihime's coffin and photo. Mitsunari got in his way, eyes hateful.
"How are you here. Why are you here."
"Aki was my friend, I came to pay my respects," Sasuke answered, dodging the first question, "If you would please?" Sasuke moved to walk around him and he blocked him once again.
"Leave."
"Eat me."

“Let him through, Mitsunari.” Amaya spoke up behind the two men, a soft scowl on her face. She looked uncomfortable and miserable, having not wanted to show her face, but she worried something might happen with Sasuke. “He’ll stay to his word.”

"You." Mitsunari glared at her and Sasuke kept in his way now, "Where were you when she died, huh?! Why didn't you save her?!"
"He said I wasn't good enough to be a sorcerer...that I didn't deserve to own Kaijiri and Kyuusuke...He said my ability was worthless..." Amaya remembered how upset Akihime was, like the fight with her brother happened only yesterday. Who was he to pretend to care for her now?

“And,” She asked, not allowing herself to be hurt by his words or drawn into an argument. “Where were you? The elder brother, next head of the clan, unable to save his only sister?” She had done her crying, and even though it still hurt, she wouldn’t let herself be walked all over. “I didn’t come here so you could make yourself feel better about your sister dying, so quit embarrassing yourself.”

Mitsunari began to shake and Shingen moved to grasp hos shoulder firmly.
"Let them make their peace." He said. Sasuke scoffed and moved around the two to kneel before the framed photo of Akihime, bowing deeply to it.
Aki...I don't know if you can hear me where ever it is you are right now...but please...please forgive me for failing you...for not getting to you in time. You shouldn't have died. I should have tried harder. I'm so sorry... He suddenly felt a horrendous weight on his back, like ice cold hands raked down the length.
Ṡ̵̬ț̵̈à̶͚ỳ̶̨ ̶̨̏à̵͍ẁ̵̰ä̷͉ý̶̢ ̵̗̓f̴̭͝ȓ̵̨ơ̸̻m̶̻̄ ̷̬͝ḿ̷͙e̷̠̒.̶̞̊ ̷͍̾I̶͚͊'̵̫̕ĺ̷̩l̶̓ͅ ̷͚̚k̶͖̐í̴͔l̵̺͐l̴͕͊ ̷͈͌y̶͕̿ǫ̴͐u̶̺͑ ̴̣͛i̶̗̐f̴̟̂ ̸̜͆I̶̩̐ ̶̰͛s̴̰͝e̸͈͂ḙ̸̔ ̶̔ͅŷ̶̫o̸͍̾ṳ̴͂ ̸̬̉a̷̫̓g̸̜͒a̷̝̓i̸̩͌n̵̯̄.̸̳͋ He sat up abruptly, eyes wide. How was there so much destruction and chaos in such a short message? Was she really that angry with him? With her death? He took a breath and stood, turning to bow briskly to Mitsunari before leaving.

Amaya noticed that he seemed to be disturbed by something, watching him leave for a moment before following him out. “What was that about?” Amaya asked once they had left the estate.

"I...It's nothing... chaotic shift in the wind... probably Date trying to stir up trouble.." He replied gently, "Plus, I promised I'd be quick.."

Amaya frowned, following behind Sasuke. “Lying to me won’t help..” She said softly. “You know I can’t feel our connection, which means I know when you’re lying.”

Amaya stared at him with a soft frown for a moment before pulling her gaze away from him. “Yeah, you’re right.. sorry.” She muttered.

Amaya could tell that Sasuke was hiding something important from her, but he didn’t seem to want to speak about it. For now she would let it go.
Once they arrived back to the temple, Amaya was surprised to see Yukimura waiting there for them, seeing as how he hadn’t attended the funeral himself.
“What are you doing here?” Amaya asked, trying to keep the irritation out of her tone, hit still managed to let some through.
“I’m here to speak with Sasuke.” He said, glancing to Amaya. “I need something- your flesh.”

“What do you need something like that for anyway?” Amaya asked, tone on edge at the request.
Yukimura scowled, keeping his eyes on Sasuke. “I need it to complete Akihime’s wish.” He said. “And I wasn’t asking.” Was he serious? Akihime had just been buried and he was already out making demands in her name?

Back
Top Bottom