Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura couldn’t look at her at that moment, feeling his tears burn his eyes. “Do what?” He asked softly.

"With Oyakata-sama..." She said softly, "Are you mad at him, too...?" She reached and held his hand in both of hers, "I'm sorry he upset you so much...he's doing his best...he always wanted to do his best for us.."

Was Yukimura mad? Of course he was mad, mad at himself and mad at everyone else. Akihime was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. “I’m not mad at him.. Not directly..” He didn’t know, he was a confused mess of emotions and he didn’t know what to do with himself.

"Do you want to go home, Yuki? Let's go home. Be with me. I feel alone, even though you're right here." She said. That must have been how she felt when she died; scared and alone, with her friends so close but so far from her.

“Yeah, let’s go home..” He muttered softly; maybe he just needed some sleep, needed to rest his mind after what he had just experienced.

She smiled softly and kept a firm hold of his hand as they walked back to his car, sitting quietly as they drove. When they arrived, she continued to follow him all the way to his room where she sat on the floor beside his bed.
"Daijoubu..." She said gently, "I won't leave, I'll be right here with you the whole time, so you get some rest." She smiled warmly, her hand resting on the mattress.

Yukimura lay down on the bed, feeling like his head was in the clouds. The entire day didn’t feel real, it felt more like a bad dream, maybe once he slept, he’d wake up to things being normal again, and Akihime wouldn’t be dead and a curse beside his bed.

She stayed by his side the whole time, not moving once. Some part of her knew that this was wrong, that she shouldn't be hanging around like this, but the other refused to let go.

Yukimura was restless in his sleep, a pained look on his face- he even she’d tears at one point, muttering something Akihime couldn’t make out at one point. He was plagued with terrible nightmares, awful visions of how Akihime died, over and over.

She held his hand gently, frowning as she watched him sleep. All he saw, over and over, was the various ways Masamune put that hole in her, and her begging weakly for Yukimura to save her.

When Yukimura woke, his cheeks were stained with tears, and he didn’t look rested in the least. His expression only seemed to grow more sad when he saw the curse still sitting beside him.

Yukimura had truly wished it had all been a dream, that Akihime wasn’t a curse, but he wouldn’t be so lucky. “I’m fine, just a bad dream..” How was he even supposed to treat the curse in front of him, who resembled Akihime so heavily. “I’m fine, don’t worry about it.”

This only made her frown more but she nodded. It looked and acted like her, sure perhaps in a rather timid way as opposed to how bright and bubbly she usually was, but that could have just been an after effect of her death.
"I love you, Yuki..." She told him, "You know that...right? And I'll do anything for you, like always." She grew more sad as she looked down at her lap.
"If...If you want me to die...I will...I'll do it for you. If it makes you happy.."

“N-No..!” He sat up quickly and grabbed her hand firmly. “I don’t.. I don’t want you to die..” Fresh tears burned his eyes. “I didn’t want you to die..”

She lifted her head before she squeezed his hand, "I didn't want to leave you...I don't ever want to leave you...all I remember thinking about was staying alive for you! I told myself not to die, because I had to protect you! I have to protect you! I don't want Date coming after you!"

Yukimura sat in the bed in front of her, silent for a long time before he spoke. “I want him to come after me.” He said lowly. “Because when he does, I’m going to kill him.”

She was quiet, and her head tilted to their hands before she laced her fingers with his gently and turning her head up toward him again, "I'll help you." She said, "I'll do whatever you ask of me, Yuki."

Yukimura gave her hands a small squeeze, even though her words made him sad. “Thank you.. But I don’t want to stop there. I want to get rid of all sorcerers. I want to finish what we started together.”

Yukimura frowned, knowing it meant he’d be killing his friends, mentors, and even family in the process, but nodded still. “Do you not want to?”

She lowered her head, remembering how angry Mitsunari was at Yukimura for letting her die. Blaming him for something out of his control. She wouldn't stand for it. Family or not, she wouldn't allow him to get away with such disrespect.
"I want to..." She nodded, "I'll help you kill them. Every last one."

Yukimura nodded. “The world would be better off without abilities, without sorcerers.” He said softly. “Thank you, Akihime..”

Yukimura nodded, this was the right thing to do. No more would anyone try to grasp for more power than they deserved, no more would anyone have too much power that they would abuse those weaker than themselves with- things would be right.

Megohime cried in pain as spirit fire was applied to her back again, it was much like the cursed flames Sasuke produced, burning away at her shadowy form to reveal the pale human flesh far beneath. “I’m sorry!” She pleaded again. “I’m sorry!”

Back
Top Bottom