Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zavodila (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"Goodness.." She set it aside and fixed her hood, "I had almost forgotten how insufferable that little piece of armor can be.." She muttered to herself.

"Lifesaver, though." He said, tugging off his helmet when they reached the outer marker of the combat zone.

"Ceramite?" He asked. "Lucky little cog boy." He said with a devilish grin. "We guard get carapace armor. Good for solid slugs but las rounds are another beast."

She wanted to tell him she could make him whatever he wanted if he kept smiling at her like that. But she forced it down. "Well...perhaps I could put in a good word for you when my year is up...?"

He grinned again. "Doubt the mechanicus would be so kind, but I think I'll stick with my carapace armor. I wear what my boys wear."

How humble. She was feeling more and more strongly for him by the minute. "If you say so. A magos is still magos.."

"I appreciate it, Magos, I really do.. but at the end of it all, I'm not putting myself higher than them.. I've no real right to.." he said with a soft smile.

S-Sainthood? For some armor? Was he trying to be charming? Was he flirting? She had read about flirting. This seemed like it. Omnissiah, she was getting flustered. "I-I don't think I would deserve such a right, really.."

He laughed out loud, a sound that.. really struck with her. "It was a joke, more or less.." he said.

She looked around, she still had no idea where she was staying. He had been so hostile before that she didn't get the chance to ask. And, to be honest, all that excitement really drained her.

He hopped out and showed her to the barracks before he headed out to the mess hall for some food, and a drink.

She barely had time to set her pack down before she caught up with him, looking around at everything. This was much more crowded than Mars, everyone was together and chatting about nothing; on Mars, they had nutrient packs that took seconds to consume to save time while working. She had...no idea what these men were eating.

"Ration packs aren't the best but they're better than the survival bars.." he said as he grabbed a tray and sat down to eat.

"Survival bars?" She didn't grab a tray, she was more curious about what everything was, "Are those like nutrient packs?"

She sat with him and looked around at the men as they ate and she soaked in the air of camaraderie that radiated from everyone. There was some similar situations on Mars, though rare. She felt it sometimes when Space Marines would come to learn the Mechanicum's ways and secrets.

"What is that you're always drinking?" She asked, and he could see the lense of her mechanical eye turn and shimmer slowly.

Back
Top Bottom