Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zavodila (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He had started calling her that recently, and she found herself really enjoying it when he did, "Are you sure...? You're drinking a bit heavier than normal. My olfactors can smell the high alcohol in your breath from here."

He made a noise and nodded. "Yeah, just thinking is all.. probably just tired.." he said. His carapace armor was off, and his fatigue shirt was slightly open.

She swallowed roughly and coughed a bit, "Would you like to get anything off your chest?" Like your shirt? "I'm not well versed in psychological studies, but I like to think I know enough.."

"Nah, I'm just tired is all.." he said. He looked over to her for a second, trying to keep his thoughts in check.

She was just in her robes; no Mechanicus chest armor, no pack, just a thin Mars red hooded gown. "The raid was rather troublesome.." She noted, "You and your men did an impeccable job, as always.."

She nodded, "I wanted to also tell you, I've been working on a sort of toxin to help with the cultists," she held out a dataslate, "if I may?"

She nodded, "It's supposed to, if my numbers are correct, attack the Tyranid tissue and DNA...anything with a xenos cell will die in minutes.."

He made a noise. He nodded, looking it over. "If we could liberate a manufactorum we may be able to rig something up to synthesize this.."

She became excited and moved over, leaning over his shoulder to point at her formulas and calculations. She was so close, so unbearably close. "It wouldn't take long to synthesize, and we could make however many tons we would need for next to nothing. I've even sent my servo skull out to locate any form of map of the area, and there is a manufactorum only an hour and a half from here."

She smiled brightly and gently took the dataslate back, "I dare say your little cultist problem will be taken care of before my time here is up. You're welcome." She added that last with faux superiority, organic eye glittering with delight.

She nodded, "Of course. I know we got off on the wrong foot, but it would feel wrong to just take from you without giving back in kind. I know how unbearable honor detail is."

She nodded, "Alright, I won't push it, then. If you need me, however, you know where I am." She said. Oh, he needed her, alright. Just not how she thought he did.

She had been so close. Easy to grab and throw down. Easy to claim. Frack, what was wrong with him? The Maltz was really hitting him now. Making him think things he shouldn't have, but were damn tempting. Beyond tempting.

He didn't really remember walking down the hall, just that she jumped a bit when he pushed open her door, "Oh, Commander!" She set down her dataslate and turned toward him, "Was there something you needed after all?"

Back
Top Bottom