Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zavodila (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He beamed more, if that were possible. "Tha's a question for the Lord Archivist!" He laughed. "I jus' know which end of the las gun to plin' at the enemy."

Oh, so it was sanctioned. That was a relief, at least. "Does the Jewel require immediate repair...?" She asked, "Is it fairing well?"

An answer she already knew. "Eh.. I'm an infantryman, ma'am.. ain't that more uh.. under your purview?"

She made a noise, "I'm not asking you to crawl in there and tell me for yourself what's wrong..." She said before she shook her head, "Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, get out. Out, out, out!" She waved them out, "Let me work in peace!"

The tank crew hopped out and down, cheering amongst themselves on a job well done. The tank was covered with survival gear, and inside, the usually cramped confines of the mobile bastion were far more cramped with auspex gear, auger arrays, long range vox equipment, even a small patchwork kitchen near the bunk area. Bunk area? What the hell kind of battle tank had a bunk area? What did these ruffians do to this blessed vehicle?

Her head would have started to whistle. She should have them all executed for such disrespect. Her purview? They did what they damn well pleased with every last vehicle here. She was going to execute the tech priest herself.

She heard the telltale crackle of an arc maul being activated. "Intruder! Out, out with you, get out of my machine!" Spat a metallic voice, from down the hall to her left. "I care not if you are from holy mars, you get the warp out of my tank!" It hissed. It was a tech priest. Not an adept, a fully fledged priest, raising his phosphor serpenta in one hand, aimed at her, the arc maul in the other hand, a mechadendrite extended and working on a cogitator bank to the priest's left.

She was taken aback by the loud and sudden manic screaming made at her before clambering out of the tank without another word. Nevermind, then. She wanted to go back to Mars at this point.

He was back again, the commander. "Met the Jewel, magos?" He asked. "I imagine all of this may be a bit shocking. Not as clockwork as Mars."

She dusted off her robes and sighed, "No, arguably not. But, that's all right. Adaptions can be made." She said, looking up at him, "She looks a bit worse for wear, but otherwise she's content.."

He nods, patting the side of the venerable super heavy tank. "Screech keeps her nice as he can.. he's.. well, he's a bastard in his own right, snapped when the stealers took over, but he's kept us going.."

The Enginseer that screamed at her just now? She could probably fix his brain if only he'd let her. But, they couldn't afford to lose their Seer for an indeterminate amount of time. "Have the Genestealers been here long?" She asked, and the arm on her pack retracted to bring out a dataslate.

His face twisted a bit, taking another swig from his flask. "Too long. They popped up officially about.. three years ago, I think. But, it's hard to tell.. I hear that they can stick around for generations before popping up.."

"Interesting.." She mused, and the arm seemed to record his response, "My offer to assist with them still stands." She said, "if you're still willing to trade help for help."

"Help for help." She repeated, "Though, if I may be so painfully honest, researching these cultist biology would be an opportunity I would be remiss to ignore."

She smiled, a more human reaction than he ever would have expected from an Admech, "I do appreciate it, Commander. I promise to make this next year as painless for you as possible."

"I do hope so." He said with a smile. "And do me a favor, don't get in the fire line when the raid starts?"

He nodded again and headed off. After a few hours, he was back, in some strange amalgamation of stormtrooper armor and haz-op armor. "We'll be heading off into the south side in about half an hour, if you need armor or some sort of defensive weapon, now's the time."

He nodded again. "Well, we'll certainly see, won't we?" He asked, before patting the armored side of the Salamander he was standing in, signalling the driver to move on.

She moved hurriedly to climb onto the Salamander, her metal hand reaching to grab his to help hoist her in.

He hoisted her up, and sat down on a crate of ammunition as it formed up with the other chimeras, before they led the convoy to the southern spine of Uldiah Prime.

Back
Top Bottom