Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zavodila (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He kicked back in the open hatch when the fight was done, and began smoking a cheap, sweet cigar as they rocked and bounced over the dirt road.

And he wasn't even going to stop or turn around to let her examine whatever it was they had killed.
"Commander," She sounded angry, "stop the transport."

"Not going to happen. We get inside Uldiah Prime, then we stop. We're four light vehicles, exposed on a raised dirt road. That's a nice target for cultists." He said.

He simply ignored her at this point. There were a few other small pockets of fighting, small arms fire plinking almost harmlessly off the hull at some points, but they made it back into the main gates, and then, was when he ordered the column to a halt. "There, Adept, the transports are stopped. You are safe, the tanks are safe, my men are safe."

"I was unaware that the planetary governor hired a child as my guard. How wonderful." She stated before making her way toward the gate, "Unless you have every species of plant and animal hiding in your gates, I can't very well do what I came here to do."

"Planetary Governor is dead, and half the wildlife outside the gates is prime enough to rip you apart, no matter what fancy augmetics you've hidden away." He said. "The honour guard stays here, I'm afraid."

He made a noise and simply puffed on his cigar. The archmagos would have his hide if this petulent, arrogant, overcomplicated servo-skull was to die. "Hold it, holy throne, hold it. I can't leave my command post, least of all when we're expecting a large assault. How about you get started with some of the local critters in the hive, then, later on, when it's fully liberated, we can plot missions out into the wildlands." He said.

She stopped, as if to mull it over, before turning back, "Very well. Where shall I begin? In return, I'll commune with the machine spirits in your vehicles, see if they require any attention."

"I know we have some vermin and rodentia in the stock houses, plus some smaller crowhounds that wander around.." he said. "Chatterbox needs some burner repair, and the focusing crystals in the multilaser needs realignment.. after that, you can make your way through the motorpool, and commune with our own adept.."

Chatterbox. He named it Chatterbox. How awful. She moved over to the Chimera and placed her fleshy hand over the chassis gently, eyes gentle.

The twin burner assemblies were in need of maintenance, but the machine spirit was otherwise sated.

He was barking out orders, and issuing commands to sentinel pilots, who went about stomping and clanking down roads on recon missions.

She watched him quietly, for a brutish man, he was a good commander. His men obeyed him flawlessly. Like a well oiled machine. She made a noise and moved to the twin burners, the robotic arm on her pack going to work on making maintenance repairs.

He was strange, however. Was he really guard? Below the flak armor and helmet he wore, were.. what were those, tattered clothes? The fatigues were a dark grey, but he wore a sash around his waist of a deep blue, and something that looked like a shemagh of the same color that was tied around his neck. If it weren't for the armor, he would look like a common hive ganger

"What an odd, odd man." She muttered, glancing at him every now and again through her repairs. Odd and rude and brutish and handsom- stop. No. He was no better than an orc with the way he was acting. That wasn't an attractive trait at all.

That wasn't true at all, no matter what augmetics she had crammed in to replace her brains. His hair was almost wild as he removed his helmet, but he scratched his scalp and made a noise, looking over to her suddenly. "Things going well, Magos?" He asked.

"As well as expected. The repairs are rather minimal, so you're quite lucky." She replied, her mechanical eye glowing faintly.

"Well, good.." he said. He pulled a flask from his combat webbing and took a deep swig. It smelled sweet. Cheap amasec, no doubt. "Do you eh.. need sleep even?" He asked. "If you do, we'll find a suitable billet for you.."

"I do still need sleep, yes. I would appreciate whatever lodging you have available." At least he was being a little more civil now.

"That, we can arrange.." he said. He looked around and made sure that there was no immediate danger. "And you know, we here dont really care much for protocol.. you can relax." He said.

"Well, I hope you aren't naturally that stiff a conversationalist, magos." He said with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom