Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Twisted Haven In A Modern Hell ((Alisa and Daleen))

Ally grabbed Jasmine's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze before releasing it as her driver opened the door on her side, offered his hand to help her out, Ally stepped out and the driver leaned in to the car offering his hand, "Come on mam." The old man gave a smile, "Take my hand and I will help you out." He smiled, harmless, and obedient, frozen, hand extended, waiting for Jasmine to take it so he could help her out of the car.

Jasmine's heart beginning to race, she wiggled her way along the seat before looking up as a strange man stood before her with his hand out stretched. Jasmine's eyes opened wide for a moment before she calmed down and realized he was offering his help....and he called her ma'am? Her face flushed red and a small smile slipped curled her lips before she accepted the hand. "Thank you..." she said softly, before easing out of the car with his help, wobbling a bit in the heeled shoes before finding her footing. She looked around, trying to figure out where they were at, she knew dinner was on the roof top but, she also wanted to look at the city around her. There were so many people! And none of them seemed in a rush to get anywhere, they were obviously well off in nice clothes, strolling and talking and looking through windows of some of the shops. It was hectic but...peaceful. Smiling as she took it all in, she quickly moved to take her place by Ally's side, snuggling in against the woman. "I don't think I've ever been to this part of the city before. It's so....different" she said with more then a little bit of awe in her voice.

Ally pointed down the street to a Tower that had the word "Kiroshi." on it. She smiled, "There, top floor, thats where my office is, tomorrow you will see it, but tonight, we eat like kings and queens with all of the elites in the city." She intertwined her arm around Jasmine's elbow, and began to lead her off into the building. "I'll be taking the Yaiba home tonight." She said dismissing her driver, "Don't wait up." She grinned as they walked into the building, "Tell me darling, are you scared of motorcycles?" she asked, "Because after dinner I am taking you on the ride of your life."

"Oh wow...that's....that's a really big building" she said in awe as she looked up at the tower. "I really hope I'm not afraid of heights" she mumbled before looking down as the arm looped into her own. Curious but pleased, she snuggled in tighter to the woman, holding the woman's arm. She looked up at the question, before shrugging her shoulders. "I've never ridden on one so....I don't know...but it sounds fun..." she admitted, while pondering for a moment if there was perhaps a second meaning to the woman's words. The thought made her heart flutter a bit but she kept that little idea to herself and just smiled as she began walking forward. "So...if I ever wanted to just, go out on my own, after tomorrow the identifications and stuff, I could just....come here and eat, or go over there and buy....I don't know, a watch or something...or maybe, get a outfit as a surprise or something, and it's okay?" she asked, wondering just what her new life would really come with but figuring it was best to start with the easy questions.

Ally leaned forward to the optical scanner on the elevator and after a few seconds the elevator was called. "So, yes and no." she said, for now you will need a key card to get everywhere, as we haven't given you your eyeballs yet for the scanners, it will be inconvenient, but you will be able to manage, if you do not prefer optics, then you will just use the card." The elevator doors opened and she walked inside with Jasmine. "But as of about five minutes ago, I made sure that your key card will also be linked to all of my accounts, everything I own now has our names on it, and all of my staff is at your disposal." She grinned, "I want to ask you something, because I need to know this. Do you want optics? We can make sure with absolute certainty that they will look exactly like your eyes, and function ten times better, you will be able to see this city and all of its beauty, and, it will link you directly to me, if you ever need to talk to me and I am not near, you can quite literally think of calling me, and then you will. It will also enable me to keep track of you, not to stalk you, just to keep you safe, also so trauma team can keep track of you as well, I have already signed you up for the premium plan, you could walk out of this building, take a bullet and within minutes a team of armed, trained trauma team experts would come to save you, I protect those I love." she said. The elevator stopped, but she pressed a button to halt the doors from opening. "Your answer love, I need it."

"Hm, I mean, a card is much better then the usual sneaking into open windows I usually do" she offered, before blinking as the woman explained that the card was not just a entry card, it was a freedom card, to go and do as she pleased. The power the woman was just trusting her with was intense, and she was already telling herself that she'd do whatever it took not to betray it. This woman went hard and fast, and Jasmine wanted to keep up! However the topic then switched to the optics, and all of it's benefits. Jasmine squirmed a bit, tensing as the woman spoke of her taking a bullet. Clearing her throat, she squirmed where she stood, before slowly nodding her head. "Alright.....yes, to the optics I mean. I want to be safe and....that seems like the best way to do so." she said with a nod, before looking up at the woman. "But...should I be expecting to be shot?" she asked curiously, wondering if perhaps the woman had enemies and might try to use Jasmine as some sort of weak point to attack. "I mean, it's honestly not that different from my life yesterday, and the pay off compared to the threat is still very much worth it but...I'd like to know if I should keep my paranoia about people" she asked.

"No, darling, that was just an example." Ally said softly, "I promise no harm will come to you and I mean it. There are people out there who desire to hurt those of us that belong to or own corporations, but they would not seek you I assure you, and if they did, well a swift end would be brought to them." There was a certain dark tone and seriousness to her voice for that last bit, but she finished it off with a smile. She wasn't quite ready to let Jasmine know that she was not afraid to get her hands dirty, nor that she was good at it. Instead she pressed a button on the elevator and the doors opened, revealing the top floor, and people dressed in some of the finest clothing, standing around, some sitting, all sipping various drinks, smoking, and talking about insurmountable amounts of money among other things, "These, are your people now, and this is where you belong." She said grinning.

"Alright just, making sure" she said with a smile, looking up at the woman and rather enjoying how protective the woman seemed to be over her. Once again, she let herself bask in the feeling of, well, safeness the woman gave to her. She was quickly distracted by it though as the doors opened and she looked out onto the people, wearing clothes that cost more then she had ever seen in her life, eating food that was likely more expensive then those clothes! She was certain that even the people smoking, were using real tobacco and not synthesized plants. "Oh wow..." she said softly, before biting her lip and slowly shaking her head. "No, not yet at least....for right now, this is where I belong" she said with a nod as she pressing into the woman's side once more, squeezing the arm looped into her own.

Ally smiled, and walked forward into the crowd. "Lady Kiroshi." A man said from behind her, Ally turned and whispered into Jasmine's ear, "Thats Rosalind Myers the president of our country." she said before standing.

"Madam president." Ally took a bow, "Beautiful evening isn't it?"

"Yes, quite, I've been meaning to ask you something quite pressing." She said taking a step towards Ally, "You see, I am getting older, and my eyes just aren't the same anymore, and I've heard tell that your corporation has made some revolutionary improvements in extending the life of the human organic eye. Is that correct?"

"Yes Ms. President we-"

"Please, call me Rosa." She interrupted.

Ally cleared her throat, "Yes, Rosa, we have indeed figured out a way to cultivate live functioning tissue and grow an entirely new eye free from any technology and implant it with our optics, the wearer will have a new eye, with all of the benefits of a Kiroshi optic but the eye will be made of natural tissue, so the body will take to it immediately without having to wait for calibration." She said confidently.

"Is it tested and proven?" Rosa asked.

"I wouldn't be using them myself if they werent." Ally said.

"Good, tomorrow, first thing in the morning I shall pay you a visit, I trust you will put your finest surgeons on it." Rosa replied.

"Why, I will do one better for you, I will preform the transplant myself, do you wish to keep your original eye color?" Ally asked.

"No, I think I wish to make them like your friends here with the case of Heterochromia. In fact, I want those exact colors." She said turning to Jasmine, "My you are a pretty thing, are those your real eyes?"

Ally's words made Jasmine's heart stop for a moment. The president, THE president!...She didn't really know much about how any of that all worked considering she'd never been to school beyond the fifth grade, but even she knew the President was a top dog as far as dog fights went. Gulping once more, she clung tighter to Ally, staring up with wide eyes at the woman who seemed so...soft. Jasmine couldn't help but be disappointed, she had expected someone reeking of power, confidence, authority, and strength like Ally did, instead, she just saw a old lady who likely hadn't gone a day knowing what surviving really meant. A bit deflated, she jumped, squealing in surprise as the woman suddenly turned to face her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Blinking a couple times to recenter herself into reality, she looked up at the woman. The president wanted....eyes such as hers? This woman WANTED mismatched and unnaturally colored eyes? As confused as ever, suddenly feeling very nervous at the woman's attention, she found herself creeping to hide away behind Ally before she even realized she was doing it, using Ally as a shield between her and this strange woman. "Y-yes Ma'am..." she said, before also realizing the woman had called her pretty. Her heart and mind were running all over the place, and she clung tighter onto Ally before averting her gaze down to the floor, her face burning red now. "They are....what I was born with. I don't have any alterations to me...I am as a I was born" she said, trying to force herself to talk, knowing Ally didn't want her to be so timid but...she couldn't help it. Jasmine felt so out of her element here, so lost, she was scared.

"Pardon her Rosa, she is a bit shy, this is fairly new to her, and I think she may be a bit intimidated, after all its not often one meets the ex CEO of Militech." Ally said, emphasizing the last part.

"Ahh yes, I got tired of playing with guns so I decided to play with politics." Both women had a laugh, "And by play I mean take this city from a dump to its glory."

"Oh so modest Rosa." Ally said, and the women laughed again.

"Very well, I will have my people call your people and will see you tomorrow." Rosa said walking off.

Ally turned to Jasmine, and kneeled down so she was eye level with her, "Are you alright darling?" She brushed away a stray strand of hair from Jasmine's face.

Jasmine perked up a bit as the woman mentioned Militech, and even Jasmine could pick up on the woman's hint. She also wondered how obvious it had been what her impression of the president was. She'd have to try and work on at least masking her thoughts about such things. She didn't want to run the risk of upsetting or offending someone that Ally worked with, and it was also a useful trick to obtain, learning that kind of self control.

She stood a bit taller, forcing some steel into her spine, trying to make sure she didn't leave a bad impression, or the people here saw her as a weakness for Ally. She lifted her head a bit, and moved a little out from behind Ally, though she still held a very tight grip on the woman's arm. "It was nice to meet you Ma'am" Jasmine offered, before letting out a slow sigh as the woman left. Gulping once more, Jasmine looked up at the woman, frowning a bit.

"I....yeah, I'm okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do anything wrong it's just...people don't just, walk up to people where I'm from unless someone's about to get stabbed or mugged...and then when you said president, I thought....I don't know. I thought she'd be as badass as you are. I'm guessing she must hide it well" she said softly. "It also kind of makes it real how big of a deal you are, and what kind of people I'll be running into with this new life. But I'm good. Promise" she said, refusing to back down and run away this early into their evening. She'd show Ally she was here for real, and she was going to put in the effort to be like Ally.

"Oh I assure you, she is quite the bad ass, but she does have a certain modesty and regality to her doesn't she? I think its because now that she is president she has to be more dignified, I can tell you this though, provoking this woman is a very terrible idea, and this request from her I must honor to the highest degree, doing a favor for the president can alter the course of your entire life......our lives." Ally said smiling. "Now then, how about some drinks and a view of the city?" She offered, hoping to ease Jasmine's nerves.

"She's a big fish in an ocean of big fish" she said softly. "She's really good at hiding that. I wonder how many other people here are like they. They all seem so....soft to me, like they've never gone hungry, they've never really suffered. They're nothing like you" she said with a nod, before smiling and relaxing quickly at the woman's suggestion. "That sounds absolutely incredible...my first drink, my first roof top view...you're just taking all the firsts I have away aren't you?" she asked, teasing the woman with a bit of a giggle as she reached up to brush some hair behind her ear.

"First big dick in your butt?" She whispered into her ear with a giggle, then took her arm, and lead her to the edge of the rooftop railing, moments later two glasses of champagne were brought to them and Ally took a sip and smiled, "Welcome to Night City. Well, you've already been here, but, welcome to the good part of Night City."

Jasmine's face flushed red as a shiver ran through her while she nearly fell there, held up by the woman's arm. Clearing her throat, she gulped before slowly nodding her head. "Y-yeah...that too" she said, before walking on suddenly weak knees over to the edge of the roof, where her mind was quickly distracted. She leaned against the railing, smiling wide as she took it all in. "Oh wow...it's incredible!" she said, the awe obvious in her voice before she blinked as she felt something being handed to her. Smiling wide, she accepted the glass, before leaning it up and taking a slow exploratory sip. "Hmm....it's not bad, not as sweet as I always heard people say though...but it's nice" she said with a nod of her head. Smiling, she rested her head against the woman's arm, looking out over the city. "I can't beleive this much beauty was here...I was starting to think the whole world was one giant hell pit...I want to burn this into my mind forever" she said wistfully.

"Well, we can do this every weekend if you want love." She said, "This happens every Friday, and if you stick around for an hour or so, the party gets really heated." Ally took a sip of her drink, "Have you ever been to a party where people have more money than they will ever spend in their entire lives? Stick around, things get absurd. Last week we ordered a hovership, had it brought right to this rooftop here, then we took it into the middle of the dessert and blew it up. The explosion was huge! Then we all had a giant party in the dessert, I don't remember how I woke up in my bed. Two months ago we all called our trauma teams and then jumped off the building and made them catch us." she chuckled.

"I....you're right. We can can't we?" she asked softly, smiling once more before blinking. "Really? How so?" she asked curiously, before her eyes went wide and listened to the woman. "I...oh wow. You guys really just, party hard don't you?" she asked with a soft laugh, before leaning over the railing once more. "Hmm....still. I'd hate to be a nuisance to anyone....that seems like a lot of trouble, especially the last one. To have to go and keep rescuing people who are jumping off for fun. I just...I'd feel kind of bad, like abusing them, when it seems like they do risk their lives for people. I wonder if it would be weird if I figured out a thank you present for them. Or, rather a introduction present? Sort of a....hello. Thanks for watching over me as my new protectors. Do people do that?" she asked curiously.

"Their thanks is their paychecks." She said in earnest, "Top tier trauma team insurance costs a million Eddies a year." she said, "They get paid more than enough to buy themselves a present fit for a king, plus they need us." she said, like she was some sort of hero. "Look at it this way, just from this one angle, Kiroshi optics may primarily develop eyes and implants, but our business is health of the human body. I am about to reveal something very huge next weekend. So huge I will be on all the live feeds. Kiroshi is branching away from cybernetic eyes, to the whole human body. There is still disease and death here, imagine what could be done if we could grow organs, brains, hearts, lungs, stomach, even an entire body, imagine being able to leave your body on a shard as an engram, leave your disease ridden body and be implanted into an identical one that you can keep living with. Imagine never having to die of disease, only old age, and even then." she took a sip and gazed onto the city, "What if you never had to die? What if you could go on in perpetuity, as long as you are not in a devastating accident that corrupts your engram, you could live on forever. This would be for the whole world Jasmine, affordable immortality." A tear ran down her cheek, "Come close, I have a secret I want to tell you."

Jasmine looked over at the woman, watching her, while trying to understand. Yeah they were being paid a lot of money but...still, they were people, like her. She'd sneak them something, maybe...bake them a cake? She figured people did that, she saw it sometimes on the vids, or maybe....she wasn't sure. She wanted to try something to at least show her thanks to these people who would be possibly saving her life. However she was snapped from her thoughts as she listened to the woman explaining this new idea she had come up with. "I....I don't know Ally, is something like that even possible? It sounds, almost kind of crazy...what if someone doesn't want to live forever?" she asked, recalling how many times she had come close to taking her own way out back on the streets. Biting her lip, trying to soak in all of this information at once, she slowly leaned in, snuggling into the woman's side before gasping as she saw the tear, evidence that at the very least, this was something that Ally truly beleived in. So...she should as well right? She should support Ally shouldn't she? There was simply to much to process, so she set it all aside for now, and leaned in for the woman's secret.

"I am a hundred and forty seven years old." She whispered, "This is my third body, I've been perfecting this technology over the years. I did not inherit Kiroshi, I founded it." she said, kissing Jasmine's cheek. "So, do you want to live forever?" She said, "With me? We can make our names through the centuries, carve a path and make a mark too big to erase and too bold to forget. I want to change the world Jasmine, all I was missing was my puzzle piece, something to push me forward and give me a reason to want to do this. And I found it." she smiled and stared into Jasmine's eyes, "So, what do you say, forever? For real?"

Jasmine blinked, before looking over at the woman, a soft gasp slipping her lips at the quick kiss. "I...but...if you had this kind of technology for so long....but then...." she stopped, her brain rapidly burning itself up trying to get all the details right. However, as the woman promised her a mark left on the world, forever, she found herself thinking. It would be nice...to be remembered. Biting her lip, she took a slow and deep breath, before lifting her head up to the woman. "Ally...you've given me so much already, in...such a very short period of time...and now you're offering me life itself" she said, before smiling and leaning forward to kiss the woman. "What type of fool would I be to say no?" she asked.

"I had to have a test subject for it." she said, "I couldn't very well play around with the lives of others, so I chose to play with my own. I had contingencies in place should I fail and die, someone would take over, I nearly bit the big one..." she held out her hand and began counting, "Six? No, seven times." she said, "There were some times where I had to preform tests, those tests involved putting a bullet in my brain and trusting my people to re upload me. I've died in the most painful ways I could think of, all in the name of testing this technology, and now that its perfected, I've automated the entire process, no one needs to hit any buttons, your new body is created when you initially buy into the program, then, should you expire, your engram is uploaded wirelessly to the server, the data is filtered and within an hour you are in your new body, stepping out of the vat in your own home, then, the vat begins to construct a new one, just dont die in the next 72 hours and you have immortality." she said, smiling, "Just think, forever can really be forever."

"That's....amazing" she said with a smile, before she leaned backwards against the railing. "So if you didn't want to, then...you just don't die...and the things you had to have put yourself through to test it all out...you're amazing Ally" she said, smiling wide as she stared at the woman. "I want to be like you but...the more I learn about you, the less I begin to think that's possible. Nobody can be like you..." she said before turning to look back across the city. "Wars would become pointless...you can't exactly win a war when you can't kill the other person...people will have to solve their problems with actual words, and ideas...Ally this is absolutely incredible" she said, unable to really think of any words to describe it all besides incredible, and amazing, and awesome. That was all she really had. "I feel like my brains going to explode from all of this though" she admitted with a sheepish smile before she took another swallow of champagne.

"So I will need you by my side for the demonstration." Ally said, "I am going to off myself on live tv, then, moments later walk out of the vat in my new body, I need you to be there to put a robe on my body as I step out, I will have my security detail with me, because I will be vulnerable for a few moments, but I want you to have the honor of clothing my new body." she said, "The president will be there, and the world will be watching. So, what do you say, ready to make history?"

Back
Top Bottom