Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Its gettin cold." Sheldon said, "Both the soup, and the air, you mightn wanna come join us?" he asked.

"Can I bring you a blanket?" Sonia called out.

"That is fine, I can manage" she called out again not even looking back at them.
"Though, if you could bring your lute?" She asked.

"Surely!" Sonia said grabbing the instrument, and her bear skin, then sitting next to Ethel, "I don't know what you are doing, but I will watch over you all night." she smiled and held out the Lute.

She took the lute.
"Thanks, but this circle will keep me warm, and I'll be fine. You don't need to watch me, just, get some rest, Okay?" she told her.

"Nope." Sonia said as she sat down right next to Ethel. "Tell me what you are doing." she said, "Please?"

"Can I listen?" Sonia asked, resting her chin in her hands.

"Who....who was that about?" Sonia said, a tear running down her cheek, "It, sounds like a song M used to sing.....hes, well hes something different than just a goliath."

Sonia wanted to inquire more, but she had quickly learned one thing about Ethel, she would talk when she was ready and not a minute sooner. "Sing another?" Sonia asked.

"Sing one about me." She smiled, "Sing one about me!" She clapped her hands.

Sonia smiled, "Its beautiful." a tear ran down her cheek, and her chin quivered, she sniffed, and wiped the tears from her eyes, "You have the voice of an angel and I love you....it..I love it so much."

"heh, maybe I should add it to my repertoire?" She asked with a smile, ignoring Sonia's clear slip of the tongue.
"haaa... Sonia you don't want me, I am not good" she told her.

Sonia ignored that phrase all together and pressed onward in a different direction, "Are you done?" she asked, "Can we go lay together now?" she asked hopefully.

"Damnit, you.... ugh, okay that first song, about the monster, the sinner. Now on a better path, all of it..." She paused and sung again.

It doesn’t matter if you think I can become a better woman
It doesn’t change the nothing of a human being that I’ve been
I’ve lost so much of my life I don’t think I’ll ever feel complete
And all the world has done is take everything that I love from me

"That song is about me, I am broken, in here" she said tapping her chest.
"You want to know something, I could kill you now and not lose a single night of sleep, not a wink. I would feel nothing... because I don't care, so don't waste your love on someone like me. Go to your tent, and rest, we have a mission"

"If the last thing I felt was your touch, I would die happy." Sonia said with a smile, "I have no fear of death, I never feared it, when one is raised in an apocalypse and all one knows is fighting and dying, death becomes more of an after thought." she smiled looking into Ethel's eyes, and placed a hand over her heart, then reached out to place a hand over Ethel's "Then let me heal you with my heart." she said with a smile, "I have so much to give, just let me in."

She looked at her for a moment, the emotion impossible to place, but it was just a moment before her eyes turned cold again and she placed the lute in Sonia's lap.
"Leave me" is all she said turning her back to Sonia.

"Fine!" Sonia said as she huffed and stood up, and walked back to camp and sat down next to Modok.

"I see you got your lute back, sing us a song." Modok said, "Sing the one you wrote about me, take me back to the good old days when I was just a simple orc merc."

"Oooh! I love this one." Sheldon said.

"Me too." M replied.

"I haven't heard it yet." Margaret said.

The others looked astonished, "I usually sleep remember? Let the woman of god take the last watch, let the holy powers rest, you never let me take first watch and you never let me stay up past sundown, well tonight, I am going to stay up and take first watch." she said triumphantly.

"Sure." M said, "You be asleep in five minutes." he then mocked her by pretending to sleep and the whole group laughed.

"Ahem!" Sonia cleared her throat, and began to sing. She sang loud enough for Ethel to hear as well, she wanted her to feel the emotion.

"Wait, so, the matador is you Modok?" Margaret questioned, "I don't get it." she said.

"Basically, before I was a good guy, I was a bad guy, hired by worse people to kill good guys, no one could stop me, I would tease and taunt my targets into a fight, just like the bullfighter and kill them in plain sight, in broad day and make it look like self defense every single time, just like the bullfighter, he provokes the bull into attacking him so he can not feel as guilty about doing it, just as I would goad my target into attacking me. It was clever." Modok said as he pulled out his pipe and lit it, "Tragic, but clever."

Back
Top Bottom