Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

Modok chuckled, "I like you." He said, "I see why Sonia likes you too, I would wager you have been in quite a few scraps haven't you. Came out unscathed too." he said, "Would wager you either heal quickly or are lightning fast, either way, happy to have you aboard in our motley save the world crew." he smiled and put his arm around her shoulder and gave her a gentle hug, "Give Sonia some time to soften your heart." he said, "She will grow on you, I promise."

She smiled and looked down for a moment before nodding.
"You know, I feel like you are right about her, and that is exactly what I am worried about, I have lost a lot of loves in the past, and I am not exactly looking to add more names on that list" She stated, not doing anything about his arm around her, simply continuing to walk with him.

"You won't lose her." Modok said, almost promising, "Well at least not in the conventional sense. What do you know about elves?" He asked, "They find a partner, and its for life, and her life is long and there are many years ahead of her, she will only get prettier and bolder through the years, the only way you will lose her is in a battle, and I assure you, with us at her back, that in itself is highly unlikely."

M and Sonia finally caught up to the group and Modok removed his arm from Ethel, "What are you two guys talkin about?" Sonia said, curious, looking at Modok.

"Nothin." Modok said.

"Ethel?" Sonia asked.

She listened to Modok and nodded,
"right, though half-elves you can't be certain they will live quite as long, I will still age faster than that so I guess that's a moot point right?" She replied before Sonia popped up.

"heh, yeah you know, nothing much we had discussed my future role in your group mostly and my fighting skills, I offered to rumble with M so you all could see what I bring to the table," she replied, technically not lying.

"M tired, no fighting." he said and stretched as he fell in with the pack.

Sonia smiled and nodded, "I think you would make an excellent source of income for us." she said honestly, "Maybe get us into some inns and into places the rest of the group cannot."

"Great minds." Modok said tapping his head with the tip of his finger, "I already told her that, maybe you will lead this little motley crew some day after all." he smiled warmly as Sonia looked away. "I'm getting too old for this." he said. It was true, Modok was in his forties, which was old for an orc, he would be retiring soon and had been training Sonia to lead this crew to save the world, he had pledged his body till it was feeble to this crew, and he felt his old age setting in. "Hey, cheer up." he said in his gruff voice, "I'm not going anywhere, any time soon." This made Sonia smile, "And when I do, you will be ready." The dynamic between Modok and Sonia was more like daughter and father rather than the traditional subordinate and leader.

Ethel smiled at M as he denied her want to fight.
"Suit yourself, though I am surprised I must admit." She shrugged.

She simply listened to Modok and Sonia speaking with each other and nodded.
"I know your crew was several times larger than this before, so how did you lose all of them? were you as close with them as you all seem to be with each other? Or were they simply hired hands, mercs, such as myself, thrown to the fires of battle?" She asked taking a seat in the camp, addressing Modok.

Modok chuckled, "We lost them in battle, when we last laid siege to the omen with our dragon friend, everyone here is like family, but Sonia having no father sort of took to me as a father figure." he admitted, "The rest just sort of stayed, we are all that is left, once forty strong, we are now but what you see here."

Sonia nodded, "Still strong." she said, "We will defeat this." she added, "Even if I have to give my last breath to this cause as many did before me, we will defeat this."

"Smash!" M said to add effect.

"Smash them!" The group chimed in.

Sonia reached into her pack and grabbed a lute. "Shes gunna do it!" M shouted and clapped his hands.

"I can't sing like our friend Ethel here, but I will try. This is a song my mother taught me and sang to me as a child." She played and sang her heart out.

Ethel smiled and after a moment and she managed to get the tone of her song she used her illusions to create backup music for her. She smiled as she listened, though remembering when they next entered a town she would need to buy a new instrument, she could use her magic but prefered to play herself.

"A song of battle." Modok concluded when Sonia had finished singing.

"It make me want smash." M said, and everyone laughed, including the stalwart cleric, who seemed to carry nothing more than a grim expression throughout the day.

"What did you think?" Sonia asked, looking at Ethel, with love in her eyes.

Ethel laughed as well, and then as she was asked what she thought she smiled and clapped.
"It was lovely dear, I am quite impressed, perhaps we can do a duet, though I would need an instrument first.." she stated.
"Lost mine in the fire, had a harp" she stated.

Sonia smiled, and supressed the urge to make a joke about a different kind of duet, which only brought a sheepish smile to her face.

"Sonia." Modok said, bringing her out of her daydream, "Prepare the fire. Tonight we feast!"

"Huzzah!" M said, "I help Sonia, make go faster, M hungry."

"You're always hungry, M." Sonia said, and they both laughed.

Ethel smiled as she heard the aspect of food being cooked and sat back as the rest of camp was set up.
"Sonia, mind if I borrow your lute as we wait?" she asked reaching for it.

If she let her use it, Ethel would start playing it to provide background music as they cooked and waited.

"Sure." Sonia said and handed her the lute as she stood up. "Come on ya big lug, lets go skin our dinner." Sonia said, "Okay." M said as he followed her to the makeshift sled, and they began prepping their meal.

Sonia and M sat out to work, cleaning the deer and gathering the meat, while in perfect harmony Modok started a fire and Margaret sat the pot on the fire and filled it with water, Modok and Margaret cut vegetables together and placed them in the pot, they began to sit around the fire waiting for the water to boil as Modok pulled out his pipe and lit it. "Y'know, Ethel." Modok said, "Next time you are cooking." he chuckled. "Then I'll sing and play the lute."

"Don't let him touch that lute!" Sonia said, "His fingers are like stumps and his voice is like gravel." she rolled her eyes.

"At least I tried." Modok said with a chuckle.

"Yes but you scared birds from trees." Margaret added pointedly, at which point Modok chuckled.

Ethel smiled.
"hey I can cook, I just figured, too many chefs you know?" She stated.
"If you want me to cook, simply say so, I can even go catch my own deers if that is needed" she offered.

"I wouldn't ta-" Modok started to say.

"The hunt is mine!" Sonia declared.

"Take that away from Sonia." he finished with a sigh, "She likes hunting, a lot." he added.

Sonia came back and put the meat in the pot and began to stir it, "Your spoon sir." She said as she handed the wooden spoon to Modok, "I believe it is your turn to cook tonight."

"Don't make it too spicy, last time we had to make M sleep away from us." Margaret added.

"Spicy?" M said and licked his lips.

"No M! No spice." Sonia said.

"He gets really really bad gas." Margaret whispered to Ethel.

Haha, yeah I like spice as well, but I have a feeling it would not be worth it, having to sleep near that.
"Oh, that reminds me, what are the sleeping arrangements you guys employ?" She asked.

M started to chuckle and grin, "Eh, heh heh heh, you no have tent, sleep with Sonia." He started poking his fingers together, Sonia blushed furiously, and the dwarf joined in as well, giggling and poking his fingers together.

"Oh my that would not be appropriate, we just met, and she only told me she liked me, kind of, today. Hmm, perhaps I can share a tent with one of you boys?" she said teasingly.
"Though I can't sleep in this armor and have no other clothes, hope that won't be an issue?" she added with a smirk.

"Don't worry Lass, we will ignore any noises comin from the tent." The dwarf added as M continued to giggle and poke his fingers together. Modok covered his face in disgust and Margaret just pretended not to listen altogether. Sonia boldly slid next to Ethel, "I have a nice comfy bear skin for you." she said wrapping her arm around Ethel.

"One moment everyone, please excuse us" Ethel smiled and took Sonia off to the side.
"What happened to your group would think less of you for you sleeping with me? hmm? I seem to be the only one of us trying to keep your horny little girl side under wraps" she placed her hands on her hips and whispered.

"I may have....misjudged them." She confessed, "See I was merely predicting that. Truth be told they know of my want for a lover for some time. I think I may have told you that lie because I did not want M and Sheldon picking on me like they are." She confessed.

She stood up straight, crossed her arms, and looked back at the group. She paused and took a breath., a deep inhale and steam showing as she exhaled against the cold air.
"Fine, but let's get something straight here. Your little school girl crush on me, last night, that is its height. I can satisfy your sexual desires, and that's fine. But I know when someone is after more when I see it. That is not happening here" she said pointing to herself and then at Sonia.
"I never agreed to a relationship you presumed one, I do not belong to you, and you do not belong to me, I'll fuck you, but I don't love you... and I never will are we clear?" she told her, her voice cold as the air that hit their skin.
"And don't be foolish, what you feel for me is nothing but lust" She stated standing up straight with her arms crossed.

"But-" Sonia said, a tear running down her cheek, "You don't know a thing about elves if you think I simply lust for you." she scowled, "I am not capable of such low emotions." she crossed her arms and started at Ethel, "I love you, hopefully you will know that before it is too late."

Back
Top Bottom