Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons Mark II OOC Chat

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
First order of business is a character concept. Race, class, faceclaim, You probably don't need a real 'balanced' party so play what you want.

This will basically a lighthearted story based game of D&D. If you are looking for ideas or inspiration, you can take a look at a basic rule guide like this. But you don't need to do all the character creation stuff.

Last edited:
Hello all. As I said in the interest thread, I'm looking to play a warrior, so if needed, I'd gladly be the teams tank. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and embarking on our adventure together.

Cool, I'm thinking between a healer type and a fellow warrior companion, though not exactly the tanky kind. There's really a few options I'm sifting through, a wide lineup at the moment >.<

If two are possible, I wonder if making an existing captive could be fun as well... sorta explore her side a little early on and see if she's rescued. Or not.

@Mizriqa Excellent thank you, very sexy and equipped just like the slavers will want her!

@DummieBlondie and @Trussed Maiden once you have something like what Mizriqa posted, I'll set up a Character thread.

Once the character thread up you will just need to add an age per site rules. A brief list of limits and you may want to list favorite kinks.

You can make something of a bio if it helps you, but I tend to think people can share that kind of stuff as the story develops. It seems more realistic as they get to know each other and learn about their personalities. I am assuming your characters are meeting for the first time as they answer a call for adventurers to rescue the wives and daughters who have gone missing.
If two are possible, I wonder if making an existing captive could be fun as well... sorta explore her side a little early on and see if she's rescued. Or not.
Interesting idea. I'll give it some thought, I wasn't planning on that sort of scenario but it has my interest. Would she be a failed adventurer or more of a farm girl type?

If others were on board, it could be that she was a friend or sister to one or more of them and it is her disappearance that has brought them back together. That would entail they all know each other already so you all would need to coordinate your back stories a bit.

I do agree with the 'minimal' CS type. Exploring stories in practice is 👌

Currently I have a shortlist of
- A misfit dark elf who'd be hard to trust, cop an attitude but undeniably offer some martial arts and sneak to the group
- A healer type, not so good in combat and pretty awkward, but with a few points for charisma and some fairly strong quirks in a pinch. Would work around whatever Blondie's got to avoid stepping on niche if needed
- Sword and board party girl who's a little naive and reckless, but (seems) brave enough and always willing to take one for the team

As far as a captive goes, I'm thinking an adventuress who just... 'disappeared'. Probably not a farm girl, but maybe humbler in abilities.

If the others want, perhaps she'd be a party leader type who'd have helped keep them together (knowing them one way or another and getting the group going, intended to be 4 heading out...) or a sister, and the rest are friends? All depends what others would think. I'd be on board o: plus it would help give a little incentive to kick things off...

Face claim - to to added
Name - Alexandria Chillingwind
Race - Human
Class - Caster
Height - 5'2" (5'8" with her highheels)
Weight - 100 lbs
Measurements - 34DD-22-34

@Mizriqa and @DummieBlondie what are your thoughts about @Trussed Maiden playing a second character that your character's would want to rescue?

It would be reassuring about this group if you three talked with each other about what you want to play and how you want to interact. I'm really looking to play against a group, not 3 individual 1x1 RPs.

Heck, it could even be someone rumored about who would be assumed as a nice bonus to come from investigating. Ie, minor nobility, a renowned adventuress, etc.

I like the idea of it being someone that brings our characters together, and I have no qualms about her playing a second character. The minor nobility idea strikes me as being a good one. Our girls could get together in the hopes of cashing in on a good reward?

well, works for me if she can pull playing two characters off. Moreover, I loved the idea of uniting our characters with a goal

Sounds like a plan... so far there hasn't been enough to get 'serious' adventurers together, but take someone regionally important? There's a step too far >.> I'd be game for that.

I will say, my post speed isn't too great. I can't do back and forth exchanges effectively, instead having posts more daily or so. The effort isn't really a problem so much as sit down time and spans of attention, so two characters work for me in that delayed schedule vs doing one all day and taking a day+ for a break.

I like that theme as well, a sort of entitled minor princess type, that is important enough to generate a reward, but not quite so precious that a full scale military mobilization is offered.

Possible ideas along those lines is the rescuers don't know her at all just want the reward, or they know and loath her but will try to rescue her despite their feelings. That last bit might make it worthwhile to have at least a temporarily successful rescue just to see the dynamic. Would she have any practical adventuring skills to aid in her own rescue or would she be ornamental baggage?

I should be able to get the character thread together tonight and start once the final characters are ready.

Pace wise, I can generally check in at least once a day and respond. I don't have much time for rapid fire exchanges either. I think a post every 2 days could keep things moving and give people time for their real lives. Maybe give a heads up if it is likely to be longer. Once a week in my opinion doesn't leave us enough momentum to keep going. Would anyone struggle with that pace?

I'm all for them all going and rescuing the princess despite not liking her all that much. As for pace, I should absolutely be able to go for once per day.

Hello there! I'd like to get in on this one.

I was thinking of playing a thievy type. No, not a rogue - well, I suppose some might say she's roguish too - but definitely a thief! After all, if that noble really wanted those coins, he'd have better security, right? Imagine protecting a lock box with nothing more than a poison needle trap and a Bauchard lock. And a guard, sure. But he was male and straight, so that barely counts. It's almost like piling up the gold in the middle of the town commons and then being surprised when chunks of it go missing.

Thanks! Posted a character up, let me know if there's issues.

I'm sure Nem and Clara will get along like nails on a chalkboard. ;)

Most likely, lol. However as long as she's part of the team, Clara will do whatever she can to protect Nem, even if they don't get along.

Looks like a fun and hopefully not TOO capable of a group so far.

Guessing from the backgrounds I'm going to say they don't know each other or our special victim who is triggering the reward. they are only banding together to try and collect the reward?

One thing we may want to consider is we have a Clara and a Ciara, do we think that will be a challenge? I suppose a tag up front will help sort who is who but if we want to change a name, now would be the time to do it.

My thought is to get a brief intro some time today to start the adventuresses in a tavern in City of Yartar (AreaMap) and a quick abduction of our lovely maiden from her estate North East of Wornford. As the adventure begins, I will sprinkle some of the maiden's experiences in with the narrative.

@Trussed Maiden The Waterbaron is the local ruler if Ciara wants to be related to him, or perhaps she is from some higher nobility if you prefer. How would you feel if she was betrothed to a wealthy (and older) merchant who is insisting on the reward and can be the initial contact for the group?

Nothing is cast in stone yet so if you have concerns about the above, just speak up. I try to be more friendly OOC than IC, but I don't always succeed.

I honestly didn't see Clara when I posted, I can shift it if necessary. Referring by title or other ways would probably happen often anyways since I doubt first name basis would be regular.

I was thinking the lady would be her own agent, a decently relevant family but not directly connected to anything including the actual 'top noble' of the area. A betrothal though, that would make it spicy~

I don't see the name as a big deal, just thought I'd give either of you the option to change if you wanted to do so. I will likely tag each writer with an @ reference for clarity.

I won't impose anything on her, just throwing out ideas. If you want to follow through on the betrothal idea with a more 'palatable' suitor that is fine with me. If she is her own agent, then that would leave her betrothed to offer the reward. But hey gold is gold so I doubt our little band will turn their cute little noses up at it regardless of the source. Feel free to suggest some details, but I will need to connect a few dots at some point.

I'd say the betrothal is just fine as presented. She probably resents it a bit and it might be a very small point in favor for her captivity, but in turn that might be more pride and the like than any misgivings with the groom.

Back
Top Bottom