Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Server Move Notice

Start Threadmark
  • Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
    Administrator
    Some things are broken - please be patient while I fix things

Edit: Move will be at 2 AM PST.

So, after some unfortunate delays (holiday, shipping issues, and other madness) I finally have our new primary server. We will be moving the morning of Saturday, the 30th.

Elliquiy Role Playing will be running during the move. Because I need to do a clean database transfer (changing a core data structure size for performance reasons), the transfer will take some time.

Once the move is immanent I will make the notice public. I'll point people to the new server early, so you might see a bare-bones notice for a bit.

Additionally, there will be upgrades to be done after the move. This will probably break things as well, so plan for some disruption.

For the curious:

Server ComparisonNew ServerOld Server
    CPUW-1290P (10-core, 3.7 GHz-5.3 GHz)E3 1270 v2 (4-core, 3.5-3.9 GHz)
    Memory128GB DDR4-293332GB DDR3-1600
    Hard Drives2x 1TB NVMe, 2x 1TB SSD2x 500GB SSD, 2x 1TB WD Raptor HDD

This is a pretty considerable upgrade, we can now fit our entire database in RAM again, if barely. : )

Thank you to everyone on Patreon who made this possible!

Note: Immediately after the move, we won't have a replication server for awhile. This means we won't have up-to-the-second backups until I get it on-line and functioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Veks Answers Page2 Questions
  • Being asked permission for enabling push notifications? I best check before saying yes no indifferent?
    Push notifications will send a message to your browser when you get a pm or reply to your post.

Is there any way to know why the server still sometimes takes too long to respond and fails to load on certain WiFi? I like typing on my computer more than my phone but don’t like having to use a hotspot.
    I'm not aware of any performance issues on the site's side. The server is a beast.

Back
    Top Bottom